Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ashrik posted:

Our own Nuzzletops got a clip in the newest Early Access Highlights video with the crossbow kill

I like how most of the kills in the "freaky headshot" section are closely followed by a very sharp intake of breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It is counter-intuitive for most people. They think they're going to get better at fighting by playing more, but they're not confident in winning so they avoid fights. They're focused on winning individual games. I was doing that before I started dropping on cities for practice.

If only I could break my habit of turtling up in a house looking to catch people in the streets.

One of the guys I play with, one of the ones that's always really conservative and avoids fights, has now started blaming the game for being janky and complaining that the whole clip of bullets he put into that guy's head didn't kill him. I'm sitting there spectating, saying no, actually you hit him once and sprayed wildly after that and he killed you. He's not having any of it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Black Griffon posted:

What do you guys use to edit videos? I downloaded Lightworks again, forgetting that I can only export in that dumb 720p youtube bullshit format.

AVS video editor is good for simple edits, it's not free but it can be

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Slightly unrelated, what's the best way to turn steam bucks into real cash? Buy a game for someone at a slight discount and eat the paypal fees?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

Slightly unrelated, what's the best way to turn steam bucks into real cash? Buy a game for someone at a slight discount and eat the paypal fees?

Yup.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

that first guy tried to revive an enemy so they deserve one another

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

fletcher posted:

Adobe Premiere, you gotta pay for it. It's really nice though.

Bohemian Nights posted:

AVS video editor is good for simple edits, it's not free but it can be

That's sort of the issue. I'd think there'd be a free program out there for really basic cutting and 1080p output, I can't even begin to imagine needing anything else. I just want to remove the occasional 45 seconds of getting stuck in a door or deciding between a 9mm and a 1911 and clicking the wrong button so I drop the 1911 with the attachments requiring me to pick up the 1911 again and removing the attachments and then doing it all over again somehow.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Black Griffon posted:

What do you guys use to edit videos? I downloaded Lightworks again, forgetting that I can only export in that dumb 720p youtube bullshit format.

For some real simple shadowplay clips, I use the record option in VLC to cut my longer clips into interesting chunks, then I join the chunks into a single file using MP4Joiner (https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/). I don't have the time to make intros or add text these days.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

That's sort of the issue. I'd think there'd be a free program out there for really basic cutting and 1080p output, I can't even begin to imagine needing anything else. I just want to remove the occasional 45 seconds of getting stuck in a door or deciding between a 9mm and a 1911 and clicking the wrong button so I drop the 1911 with the attachments requiring me to pick up the 1911 again and removing the attachments and then doing it all over again somehow.

I could be wrong but I think windows movie maker or whatever is baked into windows these days at least lets you clip videos start/end times.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

For some real simple shadowplay clips, I use the record option in VLC to cut my longer clips into interesting chunks, then I join the chunks into a single file using MP4Joiner (https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/). I don't have the time to make intros or add text these days.

This is dumb, but hey, it works. Thanks.

explosivo posted:

I could be wrong but I think windows movie maker or whatever is baked into windows these days at least lets you clip videos start/end times.

Movie maker was discontinued a while back. It's supposed to be replaced but not until later this year. Another reason to not spend actual money.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Black Griffon posted:

Movie maker was discontinued a while back. It's supposed to be replaced but not until later this year. Another reason to not spend actual money.

So? Windows Movie Maker still works fine. It sucks balls but that was still my go to until I decided to fork over some dough for Premiere.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

costco usually has premiere and photoshop elements in a package for like $60

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Black Griffon posted:

For a free option I use Shotcut. It's pretty much the replacement for Windows Movie Maker since Microsoft doesn't support it anymore. It's not perfect but it works for the basic Youtube videos I've started doing.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

fletcher posted:

So? Windows Movie Maker still works fine. It sucks balls but that was still my go to until I decided to fork over some dough for Premiere.

Can't get it anymore if you don't have it. Download links are dead, wayback machine stalls and every result on google is 100% going to steal your copy of PUBG somehow.

Efexeye posted:

costco usually has premiere and photoshop elements in a package for like $60

Good luck finding a Costco in Norway. :v:

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

For a free option I use Shotcut. It's pretty much the replacement for Windows Movie Maker since Microsoft doesn't support it anymore. It's not perfect but it work for the basic Youtube videos I've started doing.

I'll try this, thanks.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 28, 2017

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Black Griffon posted:

Can't get it anymore if you don't have it. Download links are dead, wayback machine stalls and every result on google is 100% going to steal your copy of PUBG somehow.

Aww that's super lame, why would they go and do that??

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

for simple video editing avidemux works

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

So what's going to happen with the extra Gamescom keys? I'm guessing # of keys sold can't possibly match crates?

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

odiv posted:

So what's going to happen with the extra Gamescom keys? I'm guessing # of keys sold can't possibly match crates?

This has been asked a dozen times in this thread already. Keys will continue to be purchasable indefinitely.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yes, keys will continue to be purchasable indefinitely. Which is why I'm asking what is going to happen with extra Gamescom keys. How is the thing that prompts my question an answer to the question?

Will they just get traded around forever while their value dwindles to nothing? Has there been a similar situation with CS:GO?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'd assume they also open next paid crates, but idk

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

odiv posted:

Yes, keys will continue to be purchasable indefinitely. Which is why I'm asking what is going to happen with extra Gamescom keys. How is the thing that prompts my question an answer to the question?

Will they just get traded around forever while their value dwindles to nothing? Has there been a similar situation with CS:GO?

The same key will likely open every event crate in the future, thus holding their value and probably becoming the default currency unit of the game.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Black Griffon posted:

This is dumb, but hey, it works. Thanks.

you can still install and use Movie Maker. Works just fine with Windows 10

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

1500 posted:

you can still install and use Movie Maker. Works just fine with Windows 10

Yeah but it's impossible to track down.

Anyway, I'm sure people are tired of this topic by now, so another issue: Anyone else have issues with keybindings? When I try to bind autorun and grenades they're gone by the time I start a match. I've tried deleting the appropriate config file, and the game won't work if I toggle admin mode.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah but it's impossible to track down.

Anyway, I'm sure people are tired of this topic by now, so another issue: Anyone else have issues with keybindings? When I try to bind autorun and grenades they're gone by the time I start a match. I've tried deleting the appropriate config file, and the game won't work if I toggle admin mode.

Stupid question, but you're hitting "apply" and not just "ok" right? I caught myself doing that a bunch.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Black Griffon posted:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/

Works fine. I'm trash at video editing but it has all the features you could possibly need and I got the general hang of it in about 30 minutes.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Jumping in this game rules.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

Stupid question, but you're hitting "apply" and not just "ok" right? I caught myself doing that a bunch.

Obsessively so. Occasionally it'll carry over into a match after I change it in the menu, but the next time I star the game it's gone.

abigserve posted:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/

Works fine. I'm trash at video editing but it has all the features you could possibly need and I got the general hang of it in about 30 minutes.

Thread keeps on giving, thanks.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Unfunny Poster posted:

Here's a controversial opinion: they shouldn't be selling loot crates/keys for loot crates in a game that's still in Early Access.
Here's a controversial counter opinion which will get poo poo on: If you've sold this many copies of a game and are holding $350k tournaments, you aren't in Early Access anymore. "Early Access" is just a phrase to hide behind so they don't have to admit the game is buggy.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It is counter-intuitive for most people. They think they're going to get better at fighting by playing more, but they're not confident in winning so they avoid fights. They're focused on winning individual games. I was doing that before I started dropping on cities for practice.

If only I could break my habit of turtling up in a house looking to catch people in the streets.
This is my biggest hang up, as well. I am so god awful at fighting that I run from everything. Zharky is a little too close to the action for my tastes. But I've got to get in there. I even drop in the most populated areas to get into fights and be aggressive, but after getting killed a time or two I find myself regressing. Have to just keep forcing the issue until I'm winning more fights than I'm losing.

Hooplah posted:

One of the guys I play with, one of the ones that's always really conservative and avoids fights, has now started blaming the game for being janky and complaining that the whole clip of bullets he put into that guy's head didn't kill him. I'm sitting there spectating, saying no, actually you hit him once and sprayed wildly after that and he killed you. He's not having any of it
And while I'm quoting people. I've been recording myself with OBS so I can do an instant replay of battles or deaths. Got the 'jump' on a guy at the ruins the other day and went through like, 2 magazines and 2 shotgun shells on him. I swear I think I only actually hit him with the final shotgun blast, even though in the heat of it I'm sure I'd have been yelling like your friend "WHAT! I HIT HIM! NOOOO!!!" - but the frame by frame in VLC shows clearly, nope, you're shooting rocks or over his shoulder bro.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 29, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
it's actually very obviously still early access lol

they're still working on a ton of basic game functionality including bullet pen, vaulting, more than one map, etc. the "tourney" was an invitational, i.e., a big commercial. dota 2 had one of those before the game was available at all, for like a million dollars!

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Does the last monthly update count as the August one since it came out on the 3rd, or are we getting one this week?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The july update was pushed back a week, but iirc they said they now update when they update rather than on a schedule. Not too sure if that applies to the monthly patches as well

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

This is my biggest hang up, as well. I am so god awful at fighting that I run from everything. Zharky is a little too close to the action for my tastes. But I've got to get in there. I even drop in the most populated areas to get into fights and be aggressive, but after getting killed a time or two I find myself regressing. Have to just keep forcing the issue until I'm winning more fights than I'm losing.

The two hardest things to grasp in this game are also the hardest things to practice. You have to be good at shooting, and you have to be aware of your environment. Nothing makes me feel worse than when I empty a mag at someone and he just beats my stupid rear end into the ground by shooting me in the face.

Half the time I hear people before I see them. I'm looking all over the place, panning the camera everywhere, but I still rely on my ears more than my eyes. What the gently caress? I used to play Red Orchestra and WW-2 Online. Did I forget how to spot things? :argh:

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The two hardest things to grasp in this game are also the hardest things to practice. You have to be good at shooting, and you have to be aware of your environment. Nothing makes me feel worse than when I empty a mag at someone and he just beats my stupid rear end into the ground by shooting me in the face.

Half the time I hear people before I see them. I'm looking all over the place, panning the camera everywhere, but I still rely on my ears more than my eyes. What the gently caress? I used to play Red Orchestra and WW-2 Online. Did I forget how to spot things? :argh:

A super-high-quality set of headphones and a standalone DAC work absolute magic in helping you directionalize sound.

Problem is, a super-high-quality set of headphones is like 300 bucks.

The standalone DAC I use is another 100 bucks on top of that.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

fletcher posted:

Adobe Premiere, you gotta pay for it.

Do we still have to pretend that we all didn't pirate Adobe Premiere?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Does anyone have a suggestion for FOV setting in first person mode?

I put it on 103, but noticed after a few matches that I can't see poo poo and that beyond about 30-50 yards the enemies heads, bodies and limbs start to lose thickness and enemies end up looking like stick figures regardless of other video settings.

I dropped it down to 90 and I can now actually spot enemies like before. Why are the graphics in this game so lovely?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mechaet posted:

A super-high-quality set of headphones and a standalone DAC work absolute magic in helping you directionalize sound.

I don't think most people would get much out of anything higher quality than these: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD280PRO-Headphones-old-model/dp/B000065BPB

thegoat
Jan 26, 2004

fletcher posted:

Adobe Premiere, you gotta pay for it. It's really nice though.

There are way too many things on the screen. How do I load a video, cut a chunk, export? I mean I really need my hand held here. Or someone to point me to a basic tutorial.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BBJoey posted:

for simple video editing avidemux works

This is what i use after a goon recommended it in the windows software thread. Gets the job done.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

mechaet posted:

I switched from my Logitech headset ( some 40 dollar model ) to a pair of low-end ( 202 ) Sennheisers and already, the difference is noticeable. I went from thinking the sound is broken to thinking it is pretty on-point.

My ears are fine, my eyeballs are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

thegoat posted:

There are way too many things on the screen. How do I load a video, cut a chunk, export? I mean I really need my hand held here. Or someone to point me to a basic tutorial.

Start a new project with the resolution of your capture, drag your captured video onto the timeline, I think Ctrl+K clips the selected object on the timeline at the marker, delete the parts you don't want, export.

• Locked thread