Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Coldforge posted:

Hey guys, buncha experts tell me that Reuben Foster's shoulder is totally damaged and he won't be able to play this year, maybe won't ever be the same.

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/902189829135384576

https://twitter.com/BaySean/status/901959953065193473

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/902188889493737473

Huh. Thanks Seahawks + 30 other teams!

Lol that he couldn't start at bama for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

This year will probably be the best offensive unit the Rams have put on the field since 2003. Sammy Watkins was the best move as they now have a legitimate number 1 wide receiver* which makes everyone on the depth chart behind him look so much better. Tavon Austin, Pharoh Cooper, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods sound a lot better when they are not the number one option in your offense. Andrew Whitworth is the best Left Tackle they've had since Orlando Pace's release. Todd Gurley can't be as bad as he was last season. The only issue they will have is depth as Jeff Fisher stacked the defense at the expense of completely depleting the offense.

All I'm saying is if Jared Goff can't toss at least 20 TDs this year with a 60% completion rate he loving sucks.

*legit 0.5 wide receiver

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Chichevache posted:

*legit 0.5 wide receiver

Although it's worded a bit confusingly, I assume he meant Cooper Kupp can be a legit number 1, and he's right :colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Although it's worded a bit confusingly, I assume he meant Cooper Kupp can be a legit number 1, and he's right :colbert:

How are the Niners corners supposed to cover Sammy when he's all the way downfieldon the bench?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Huh. Thanks Seahawks + 30 other teams!

Darn, you got us, and in our position of greatest need--inside linebacker.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Darn, you got us, and in our position of greatest need--inside linebacker.

Man, if you don't think Foster would upgrade a LB group that may start Michael Wilhoite or Terrance Gavin, I just don't know. Michael Wilhoite started for the Niners for a season, and while it was not altogether unpleasant, I'd never want to see it again.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

*legit 0.5 wide receiver

Better than anything they've had since Holt in 2007.

Coldforge posted:

Although it's worded a bit confusingly, I assume he meant Cooper Kupp can be a legit number 1, and he's right.

Cooper Kupp is going to be awesome.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

How are the Niners corners supposed to cover Sammy when he's all the way downfieldon the bench?

:argh:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Chichevache posted:

*legit 0.5 wide receiver

Chichevache posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiCd_PQMl0

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/902698631630860289

Does BA even pay attention to the other teams on the field? The Cards loving played him twice, he had to see how awful he is in game. Is Glaine Babbert really THAT good looking?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Does BA even pay attention to the other teams on the field? The Cards loving played him twice, he had to see how awful he is in game. Is Glaine Babbert really THAT good looking?

He's very tall. Why, he might even be a Blake Bortles!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

he's good now

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

hifi posted:

he's good now

I mean, so is my grandmother in law, but I'm not gonna put her on a jury for a civil rights case. I wouldn't put Gabbert up against a no. 1 defense either.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/903020119420538881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

Whoa there, motherfucker.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Oh no not Kearse. How will the Seahawks survive? Lost season imo.

Also, who is going to trade for him, and for what? A conditional 7th?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also, who is going to trade for him, and for what? A conditional 7th?
Pull a Texans and give him gift wrapped with a draft pick to the Browns

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Kearse sucks, and is mostly good for several amazing incredible catches a season, and missing every other perfectly thrown ball.
Any team that gives us a pick for him is retarded.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Peachfart posted:

Kearse sucks, and is mostly good for several amazing incredible catches a season, and missing every other perfectly thrown ball.
Any team that gives us a pick for him is retarded.

Can't wait for that Jets pick!

Feel kinda bad for Kearse, he's made some amazing catches and has to suffer being kind of an anti-talisman for this fanbase. But he hasn't been good in a while and is getting worse, and Russell still inexplicably gives him a ton of targets (especially in the red zone :argh:)

Coldforge posted:

Man, if you don't think Foster would upgrade a LB group that may start Michael Wilhoite or Terrance Gavin, I just don't know. Michael Wilhoite started for the Niners for a season, and while it was not altogether unpleasant, I'd never want to see it again.

Wait, is Foster an OLB after all? Wilhoite is coming in as strongside replacement for Mike Morgan. I could see Seattle wanting a little more depth at OLB, yes. But if Foster is an ILB then he would be starting behind two pro bowlers, and I can think of about five position groups that need more help than those guys.

Incidentally, in case I forgot to mention it this week, gently caress ATVs and Malik Mcdowell.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Now the Hawks are hosting a fire sale by shopping Lane and Collins.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I wouldn't exactly say oft-injured average corner, a receiver who can't catch and a 2nd year 5th round running back constitutes a fire sale

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

More of a rummage sale.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
That would be a funny febreeze comic, Pete Carroll placing players in his driveway in a garage sale

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

I wouldn't exactly say oft-injured average corner, a receiver who can't catch and a 2nd year 5th round running back constitutes a fire sale

Lane was our "this year he'll turn the corner" player. :sigh:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
niners are gonna kick all your asses

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ribtstu posted:

niners are gonna kick all your asses

Like a one legged man.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

this is it, this is Bryan Hoyer's year, not those other seven billion teams he played for, this one

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who is Bryan Hoyer throwing to anyway?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who is Bryan Hoyer throwing to anyway?

Pierre Garcon for one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

and Marquise Goodwin and Jeremy Kerley, and Carlos Hyde, and I guess George Kittle and Garett Celek, but hopefully not Celek much.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also various safeties, cornerbacks, linebackers, side judges, coaches, fans, the backs of his offensive linemen's heads, etc. etc.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

and Marquise Goodwin and Jeremy Kerley, and Carlos Hyde, and I guess George Kittle and Garett Celek, but hopefully not Celek much.

George Kittle the future HoFer, have some respect.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Not Jeremy Lane :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'd be happy to keep Lane around, he shows flashes and as a fourth cb he's above average

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jermaine Kearse, Jeremy Lane and Alex Collins are all expendable. They'll likely get cut unless we get like a 7th back for them so that a team wants exclusive rights to them rather than risking them to the waiver wire.

Edit: Lane will probably be kept after DeAndre Elliott's gruesome injury though.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 1, 2017

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Jermaine Kearse, Jeremy Lane and Alex Collins are all expendable. They'll likely get cut unless we get like a 7th back for them so that a team wants exclusive rights to them rather than risking them to the waiver wire.

Edit: Lane will probably be kept after DeAndre Elliott's gruesome injury though.

Kearse and Collins totally. Lane though, I'm less sure about simply because as we've seen in our secondary - after the top three guys (Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor) it's a deep loving ravine to the next guys' level. Lane at least seemed to kind of bridge that gap as a reasonable #2, if not good, and a good #3.

Maybe I'm remembering him too kindly, but at least before his leg became shrapnel he was...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
posting to have available in the one aftermath thread after the niners win a game

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

George Kittle the future HoFer, have some respect.

Kittle was my favorite TE in this draft. After Howard.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

posting to have available in the one aftermath thread after the niners win a game

Dude why would you doxx yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
NFCW Prepare your bodies for Sheldon :hawksin:

• Locked thread