Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo the GMG forum is full of whiney teenagers. You can't preload this, it's not even out on steam yet, and yet they're on full pitchfork mode.

Pace yourselves guys, save your outrage for when/if they miss the 9pm pst release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MikeC posted:

Kinda hosed up, I have never been screwed by them before. Though as long as I get the key before it launches I'll be ok with it.

Kris xK posted:

Yeah I've never had a problem with GMG before, I hope that doesn't change.

Yeah I preordered the original XCOM, Enemy Within, Fallout 4, Mad Max, and some Borderlands content on GMG--all of the codes were received 48-72 hours prior to launch. I've never had this "3 hours prior to launch and nothing yet" scenario with GMG before.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm not bitching until/unless Amazon shafts me on the 10$ key.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
GMG is not going to shaft you

If you're that hellbent on playing on the second it releases buy it on loving steam and not at the discounted price other places offer

hth

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

lalaland posted:

If you're that hellbent on playing on the second it releases buy it on loving steam and not at the discounted price other places offer

hth

Okay, it's not a question of "are they not gonna give us our keys". They have a reputation for giving out keys a day or two before release with Steam games. This is a Steam game that they're getting keys for directly from the distributor. Hence, people have some understandable expectations.

ESPECIALLY considering, unless I'm mistaken, they have said before now that they were going to try and maintain that tradition of getting the keys out prior to release with War of the Chosen.

Suddenly, we're less than 4 hours to release, and nothing. THAT is why people are pissed off.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

BlazetheInferno posted:

bwwwwwwwwwwwwwuhbhihuhuha b

oh ok

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

BlazetheInferno posted:

Okay, it's not a question of "are they not gonna give us our keys". They have a reputation for giving out keys a day or two before release with Steam games. This is a Steam game that they're getting keys for directly from the distributor. Hence, people have some understandable expectations.

ESPECIALLY considering, unless I'm mistaken, they have said before now that they were going to try and maintain that tradition of getting the keys out prior to release with War of the Chosen.

Suddenly, we're less than 4 hours to release, and nothing. THAT is why people are pissed off.

I don't think anybody should care until the release time comes and passes. Even if it ends up delayed, big whoop, we will play it in a couple days then.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

lalaland posted:

hth

If you buy it on 2game you get the download code immediately, like it's JUST GMG that's having this problem afaik.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
3 hours remaining.

HNNNNNNNGH I just want to shoot new ayys with new weapons already. :emo:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm going to cut GMG some slack on this one since I remember having to frantically rush to the store after work to pay 50% markup on Diablo 2 on release day lest my pre-order be given away, and frankly life is so much better now. I'd probably give them a few days before hitting up Visa for a charge-back.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
IIRC I preordered one of the Civ V expansions from GMG and they didn't have the keys until release day.

It feels like Firaxis doesn't get stuff to them on time.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I don't even really care when I get my keys because I'm gonna wait for mods to get fixed up anyway but I'm the minority I'm sure.

I actually got the amazon price error and the GMG discount one so I should be getting two copies, in theory. Let me know if anyone wants to buy one off me late and for mostly full price :v:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Bogart posted:

On Amazon, you're getting it midnight tonight. The complaining is kinda crazy to me. Unless they offer you a guaranteed 'here's your key at X time,' always assume you're gonna get it when it goes live for everyone.
Unfortunately, Steam says 12 PM EST and Amazon says 12 PM PST. So I might be getting my key 3 hours after it's actually released. :saddowns:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Hmmm... to play integrated DLC or not to play integrated.

I actually like the Alien Hunter fights, and the equipment it gives is some of my favorite (nothing better than my assault cosplaying Attack On Titan with a red and white Berserker Queen suit). I love sparks and the mission is written well, but the highrise mission would be more tedious than anything the third time around. Relegating the Rulers to only certain missions sort of gimps them, but the Chosen are probably going to fill their place way, way better.

I'm spoiled for choice.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

MadJackal posted:

Hmmm... to play integrated DLC or not to play integrated.

I actually like the Alien Hunter fights, and the equipment it gives is some of my favorite (nothing better than my assault cosplaying Attack On Titan with a red and white Berserker Queen suit). I love sparks and the mission is written well, but the highrise mission would be more tedious than anything the third time around. Relegating the Rulers to only certain missions sort of gimps them, but the Chosen are probably going to fill their place way, way better.

I'm spoiled for choice.

The way I've heard it, it sounds like the whole "Rulers guard a facility" thing is just to ACTIVATE them. Unless you kill them in one go without letting them escape, they'll start roaming once they're activated the same as before, it's just that each one activates separately instead of all at once.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have no idea how you're supposed to even kill a ruler the first time you see it unless you're playing on babby difficulty. They run away the second you do substantial damage. Probably never gonna get that achievement.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

I have no idea how you're supposed to even kill a ruler the first time you see it unless you're playing on babby difficulty. They run away the second you do substantial damage. Probably never gonna get that achievement.

Frost Grenades and free actions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Internet Kraken posted:

Rangers with Bladestorm, tier 2 blades and some lucky stun procs was how I did it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlazetheInferno posted:

The way I've heard it, it sounds like the whole "Rulers guard a facility" thing is just to ACTIVATE them. Unless you kill them in one go without letting them escape, they'll start roaming once they're activated the same as before, it's just that each one activates separately instead of all at once.
That's an interesting choice. If they fight to the death in a single ADVENT facility you'd better bring some body bags.

...and I liked fighting them, which according to this thread puts me in a slim majority of non-babies.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I just got the dlc and war of the chosen for the first time. It'd be nice to experience the missions I paid for, but on the other hand it seems the devs believe it's best to go with integrated. Any suggestions?

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

maev posted:

I just got the dlc and war of the chosen for the first time. It'd be nice to experience the missions I paid for, but on the other hand it seems the devs believe it's best to go with integrated. Any suggestions?

It's more of a difficulty thing, if you're planning on going C/I for your first run then maybe go integrated. But if you're just gonna sightsee on normal then enable them all.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The main reason for the Integrated DLC approach was to avoid overwhelming new players with multiple consecutive story missions. If that doesn't bother you, have at it.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

I accidentally killed the first ruler with a 5% repeater on my first play through. After that all my Rangers got repeaters standard issue until I killed the last ruler.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

The main reason for the Integrated DLC approach was to avoid overwhelming new players with multiple consecutive story missions. If that doesn't bother you, have at it.

Last time I played with the SPARKs story mission on I could do it whenever I wanted to though? Does the expansion somehow force them all in a row or what?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Light Gun Man posted:

Last time I played with the SPARKs story mission on I could do it whenever I wanted to though? Does the expansion somehow force them all in a row or what?

No but they're meant to be early game and they operate under the assumption people do them when they pop.

Jake went into his thoughts on it in the AMA they did earlier today.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'm excited to buy this, but I'm waiting a week or so for the inevitable patch that fixes all the bugs. If I buy it today I will be too tempted to play.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Peachfart posted:

I'm excited to buy this, but I'm waiting a week or so for the inevitable patch that fixes all the bugs. If I buy it today I will be too tempted to play.

People have streamed it extensively, there really dont seem to be many bugs.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Zore posted:

People have streamed it extensively, there really dont seem to be many bugs.

Fair enough, but I also like my mods and want them all to be compatible, and I don't *need* to play it today. Game will be just as great next week.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
When does it unloack?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

dyzzy posted:

I'm not bitching until/unless Amazon shafts me on the 10$ key.

same.

Also I finally hit my stride on commander. I just had my first flawless mission! Go me! I just have to make sure the doom clock doesn't kill me, which is a definite possibility at this point.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

No but they're meant to be early game and they operate under the assumption people do them when they pop.

Jake went into his thoughts on it in the AMA they did earlier today.

So you're saying that everyone's being a big baby about something they both have a separate option for and can also prevent via mild self control, got it.

I don't even care man, that robot mission is fun as gently caress

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Light Gun Man posted:

So you're saying that everyone's being a big baby about something they both have a separate option for and can also prevent via mild self control, got it.

I don't even care man, that robot mission is fun as gently caress

I think it's fair for a developer to change something if the way the game lays it out isn't ideal for players who don't know the details of the game and DLC :cool:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I just learned there's something called bonds.

Is there a good summary of what's coming because i feel overwhemled already.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Count Uvula posted:

I think it's fair for a developer to change something if the way the game lays it out isn't ideal for players who don't know the details of the game and DLC :cool:

Yeah i don't really care either way, and even if it is somehow less than ideal someone will probably mod changes to it anyway.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I just learned there's something called bonds.

Is there a good summary of what's coming because i feel overwhemled already.

Bonds are literally supports from Fire Emblem and at level 3 you can do a dual strike.

not making any of that up.

Here's a summary I posted a few pages back

quote:

3 new classes. 7 new enemy types including 3 new boss enemies. New human factions. Deeper strategic layer with things like 2 person infiltration missions. Tactical sitreps that can modify missions (like can deploy fewer/more soldiers than usual or there are a bunch of zombies etc). Also there's a fatigue system and quirks gained by sending out fatigued people (things like 'compulsive reloader' where they might reload with their first action if they're missing ammo).

Also we have a bond system between soldiers so they can level up their relationship and perform dual attacks or snap each other out of panic.

And most importantly a photo booth so you can take propaganda pics of your soldiers that'll show up in missions and on the Avenger. And competing Advent/rebel newscasts covering your missions.

Zore fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 29, 2017

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

No steam preload? Goddammit :negative:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

For some reason I preordered the expansion yesterday, but today I can't seem to get it to install

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

For some reason I preordered the expansion yesterday, but today I can't seem to get it to install

It'll unlock for install in a little under two hours.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zore posted:

It'll unlock for install in a little under two hours.

Oh, it's not "out" yet then?

edit:

I am a huge idiot who thought it comes out on the 28th, nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh, it's not "out" yet then?

Nope. It releases at 12:00 am EST universally.