Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Harton posted:

Jaimie is the best character in the books. Now that he's finally bailed on Cersei he's free to become the best character on the show.

I wonder if meeting Bran will jog that memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Harton posted:

Jaimie is the best character in the books. Now that he's finally bailed on Cersei he's free to become the best character on the show.

Excuse me, have you not seen Spoils of War?

Jaime IS the best character both books and show.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Drunk in Space posted:

Bran will have a vision of a human dude loving the Night King's wife on a moonlit night, and then he'll see the NK seething off to one side, swearing vengeance against all mankind.

Oh man. If the show canonizes that fanart...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

lezard_valeth posted:

Excuse me, have you not seen Spoils of War?

Bronn IS the best character both books and show.
Yeah you right

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

ruddiger posted:

Oh man. If the show canonizes that fanart...

I laugh so hard at that picture every time I'm on the ASoIaF wiki

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Can someone post / link it?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night%27s_King

top right

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Can someone post / link it?

fun trivia: this is the 2nd best GoT fanart.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Hahahaha, thanks.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

i have so many questions about frozen pussy but i wont even bother :psyduck:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I am rewatching the episode now and I completely forgot there was an entire scene where the Jonerys decide whether to have roadsex, boatsex or flying dragonsex.

Holy poo poo was that scene completely forgettable and pointless.

And here goons are demanding a scene where Grey Worm informs the camera that he is gonna march towards King's Landing following the yellowGoldroad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This show loving sucks, there's barely a tit in sight these days.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lezard_valeth posted:

I am rewatching the episode now and I completely forgot there was an entire scene where the Jonerys decide whether to have roadsex, boatsex or flying dragonsex.

Holy poo poo was that scene completely forgettable and pointless.

And here goons are demanding a scene where Grey Worm informs the camera that he is gonna march towards King's Landing following the yellowGoldroad

That scene was to show that Dany listens to Jon over Jorah and Tyrion

Forgettable though. I had to look it up.

e: actually no, you're right. It is pointless since they'll just teleport to the army as soon as they arrive.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 29, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

My dream job is being Missandei or Varys actor. Get paid big bucks from a top tv show to stand in the background.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

My dream job is being Missandei or Varys actor. Get paid big bucks from a top tv show to stand in the background.

they probably only get like 10k an episode for all that travel, makeup, standing around, etc.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Constant posted:

they probably only get like 10k an episode for all that travel, makeup, standing around, etc.

That's more than I get paid to wear makeup and stand around.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nuebot posted:

That's more than I get paid to wear makeup and stand around.

Well yeah but i mean an actor is probably always looking for gigs that will further their career, they will never be stars on this show

Sure its a great opportunity but in the end they are just wallflower parts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Constant posted:

Conleth Hill would demand more than that now. I'd guess he would be making $20-30k an episode. None of this contemplates residuals either. It's my understanding that all the agreements are SAG so everyone with a named, surviving character is going to be eating steak dinners for the foreseeable future.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lezard_valeth posted:

Holy fukkin' lol

What's the 1st best, because I've honestly not seen much since I've not searched it out.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The first best has got to be Jaime and Brienne, right?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Yes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Clearly.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

the only commentary that matters to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ojO-p198E

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

loooool

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

i wanna go to the blue flame now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Drunk in Space posted:

What was the NK even going to do if he didn't bag himself a dragon? Arrive at the Wall with his massive army of the dead, and stare at it all dramatic-like for a moment before going, "Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing"?

Night King should've had 20 good skeletons start tunneling at a random point in the wall centuries ago. It's not like he was pressed for time.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Night King should've had 20 good skeletons start tunneling at a random point in the wall centuries ago. It's not like he was pressed for time.

They should just use the tunnel under the Nightfort

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

nopantsjack posted:

Why is everyone wearing black now? it got kinda crazy, I think just about everyone apart from Jaime was wearing black that episode, cersei even got some new black evil guards.

All of the characters changed their wardrobes in acknowledgement that it's the last few episodes. It's dumb, but I kind of like it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

R-Type posted:

Brieanne is going to go buck loving wild on his dick and smash Jamie into a pulp, then he'll face a freshly cucked Tormund

Brienne's gonna end up with The Hound and Arya will be their creepy, murderous adoptive daughter.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I think Jamie will complete his character arc by giving his life to save Brandon Stark.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

With how often Jaime and Brienne think about eachother in the books, they had better gently caress before this is through.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Brienne kills Cersei earning the title of Queenslayer

The rest, as they say... is her story.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I heard Tyrion Lannister is a Targaryen ? ?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Constant posted:

He definitely seemed faster to me, especially the first strafe it was almost comical

I think just like the blue fire D&D assumes the audience is dumb and needs to clue us in that undead Viserion is now different and stranger

That's just liquid ice, being one half of The Song of Ice & Fire

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Drunk in Space posted:

What was the NK even going to do if he didn't bag himself a dragon? Arrive at the Wall with his massive army of the dead, and stare at it all dramatic-like for a moment before going, "Oh yeah, I forgot about this thing"?

If the books were ever gonna be released, wasn't the assumption that a horn was gonna bring it down? I can't keep track of the book/tv/fantheory plotlines anymore.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

GobiasIndustries posted:

If the books were ever gonna be released, wasn't the assumption that a horn was gonna bring it down? I can't keep track of the book/tv/fantheory plotlines anymore.

Yeah in the books the Night King(or whoever is leading the Walkers, I don't think it's actually NK in the books) supposedly has a magic horn that can bring down the wall. It would actually make sense for the good guys to get a dragon killed if it was in a desperate attempt to stop him from using it and the "oh poo poo we just made things a lot worse :stare:" reaction to that could have been great. Instead we got the idiotic zombie kidnapping plan because whatever outline GRRM scrawled on a napkin had "ice dragon" in it and the people making this show are hacks.

bloom fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 29, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

bloom posted:

Yeah in the books the Night King(or whoever is leading the Walkers, I don't think it's actually NK in the books) supposedly has a magic horn that can bring down the wall. It would actually make sense for the good guys to get a dragon killed if it was in a desperate attempt to stop him from using it and the "oh poo poo we just made things a lot worse :stare:" reaction from that could have been great. Instead we got the idiotic zombie kidnapping plan because whatever outline GRRM scrawled on a napkin had "ice dragon" in it and the people making this show are hacks.

I wouldn't bet on the "ice dragon" being part of the outline. It served several narrative purposes:

1. Dany/Jon tragic love affair starts after great personal loss, mirroring Robb/Talisa in the original source material (mirroring season1-4 is something D&D love)
2. Dany loses a dragon and therefore the people can't just say "Dany is going to nuke the NK/Cersei"
3. Dargons are cool - zombies are cool. A freaking zombie dragon is cool as ice
4. They cut the two Horns from the show (Euron's dragon horn and Joramund's wall destroying one) so they needed something cool to bring down the wall.
5. They wanted the visual.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

There's a legendary horn which can supposedly bring down the Wall. Mance claimed he had it but that turned out to be a lie. It's not clear if it's actually real or where it is.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
As others have said, Joramun's Horn is supposed to bring down the Wall by "awaking giants from the earth"

On the fan theories surrounding the Horn:

- The "awake giants from the earth" is interpreted as either awakening actual earth giants, awakening a dormant ice dragon within the wall, or cause an earthquake like the one that created the Stepstones.

- Two horns have appeared in the books. Euron's horn "Dragonbinder" and the horn Jon finds in the Fist of the First Men that he later gives to Sam.

- Dragonbinder has been shown to have some magical properties since it burned the lungs of the man who blew it, and supposedly it's used to bind the will of a dragon to whoever blows the horn. It is improbable that this turns out to be the Horn of Joramun. The more likely purpose of this horn is for Dany/Jon/secret Targaryen to blow it and since they are immune to getting burned (when the plot remembers/wants them not to) they can control a dragon this way, since in the books they are mostly untamed still.

- Sam's horn is the one most likely to be the Horn of Joramun. However, it has yet not been used at all and Sam is currently on the other side of the world in the Citadel, so unless the horn's magic is coded to just gently caress the world no matter where you blow it, it can also potentially turn out to be a red herring and the actual Horn has yet to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bloom posted:

It would actually make sense for the good guys to get a dragon killed if it was in a desperate attempt to stop him from using it and the "oh poo poo we just made things a lot worse :stare:" reaction to that could have been great.

That woulda been really great and made that last scene of the wall coming down so much......cooler. Oh god I'm sorry.

• Locked thread