Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

I only had a handful of channels growing up. As a kid I had Superstars, but in my teen years all I had available was WCW Saturday Night

But this was during the 80s, so you saw a bunch of dope wrestling...right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

What about 3 Count, the Filthy Animals, the MIA and the storied history of the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships? Or Booker T's main event push because there were literally no other babyfaces available.

The tag will never leave my memory just for this one match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlLOxvxo2r0

People that accuse the Ypung Bucks of psychologyless spot monkeys know literally nothing and moreso upon seeing this

AJ Styles could've turned out so poorly.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love the Styles clash as "just a move"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I love how the match includes a liger bomb, burning hammer, two cross legged drivers, two buzzsaw kicks, a styles clash, a double powerbomb, a double moonsault, double wheelbarrow facebuster, a german into a wheelbarrow facebuster

And the finisher is an inverted bulldog. Cough.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/901263681446486016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lid posted:

I love how the match includes a liger bomb, burning hammer, two cross legged drivers, two buzzsaw kicks, a styles clash, a double powerbomb, a double moonsault, double wheelbarrow facebuster, a german into a wheelbarrow facebuster

And the finisher is an inverted bulldog. Cough.

"Do you want me to sell any of that?"
"Nah, I got 50 more spots to get in."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus, Bryan. :dogstare: Just call Craig or your dad next time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

People that accuse the Ypung Bucks of psychologyless spot monkeys know literally nothing and moreso upon seeing this

Whatever happened to Paris? Kaz Hayashi, Jimmy Yang and AJ all had stuff happen after this but I can't recall ever hearing much about the 4th dude in this match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Whatever happened to Paris? Kaz Hayashi, Jimmy Yang and AJ all had stuff happen after this but I can't recall ever hearing much about the 4th dude in this match

Paris developed a horrible habit of no-showing shows

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

[quote="“exploded mummy”" post="“475754717”"]
https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/901263681446486016
[/quote]

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/901572868361687040

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Lid posted:

The difference is that the pin attempts were broken up. Current matches have the guys kicking out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/901655691739381760

Just posting this because I feel the novelty of Big Dave being attacked by Demi Lovato fans should not be overlooked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Just posting this because I feel the novelty of Big Dave being attacked by Demi Lovato fans should not be overlooked.

That's what happens when ya try to give a shout out to your boy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fauxhawk Express posted:

i want to believe its a bot network because the tweets are all the same minus some minor variations

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i want to believe its a bot network because the tweets are all the same minus some minor variations
His name is Dave Meltzer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

new thread background plz

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bryan compared him to Shawn Michaels in Playgirl, except for all the ways he’s not Shawn Michaels

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bryan compared him to Shawn Michaels in Playgirl, except for all the ways he’s not Shawn Michaels

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
This week's retro observer is fantastic. It's the obituary for Gordon Solie though. :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: So let's talk about AAA. Sexy Star-
Meltzer: oh my God

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mariooncrack posted:

This week's retro observer is fantastic. It's the obituary for Gordon Solie though. :smith:

Is it the debut of Mark Hunt? Or would he have appeared previously?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I felt so bad when Vinnie had to talk about his failed football podcast

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

triplexpac posted:

I felt so bad when Vinnie had to talk about his failed football podcast

Oh boy, I had almost forgotten that was a thing. I don't follow football, but I like Vinny and decided to check it out and a show some support.

It was pretty clear that he was in over his head with that one. Some episodes were fine enough, but then some episodes has some serious cringe-worthy moments.

It became clear that he was doing it off the cuff when he would open up the show with his catchphrase which ended with something along the lines of, "let's have some fun today! :D" then immediately went into detail about a player's crippling injury.

And there was another episode that I believe went up late, and he went on an explanation about it having something to do with contacting a company about the warranty on a dishwasher or something like that.

He then went on a 5, maybe even 10, minute tirade about said dishwasher and company's customer service. I was listening to it with a :gonk: face, saying to myself, " Jesus Christ, Vinny; there's nobody in the world who is trying to listen to this poo poo!"

Really, him leaving that podcast was the best thing for everyone involved.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bring back the Vinny V Sports Report.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Real talk I would love a bryan and vinny seahawks podcast with more talk of worked handoffs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe Adam Bomb COULD have won the Royal Rumble? I appreciate Vince McMahon's belief in the man.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ghostpilot posted:

He then went on a 5, maybe even 10, minute tirade about said dishwasher and company's customer service. I was listening to it with a :gonk: face, saying to myself, " Jesus Christ, Vinny; there's nobody in the world who is trying to listen to this poo poo!"
oh man it just sounds like he's trying to be Bryan :smith: not everyone can do an entertaining rant about customer service!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave mad at someone having a different surname from their dad is the most middle class boomer thing I've ever heard

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

This is a few months ago now but did anyone else listen to Jericho's podcast with Ambrose and Jeff Hardy?
http://www.pwpodcasts.com/2017/05/27/written-podcast-recap-talk-jericho-w-dean-ambrose-jeff-hardy-final-deletion-ufos-mitch-potted-plant/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leqd0rqIbY8&t=275s

People were mocking them for their ideas on evolution, ancient aliens and whatever else but I was more bummed by them being friends with shitlord Billy Corgan. But, hey, maybe if you don't talk about "SJWs" he's a nice guy, I dunno.

I just like the whole thing since it sounds like 3 old stoners unraveling the mysteries of the universe. They're cool people, I don't mind them having bizarre views on poo poo.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 31, 2017

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

People were mocking them for their ideas on evolution, ancient aliens and whatever else but I was more bummed by them being friends with shitlord Billy Corgan. But, hey, maybe if you don't talk about "SJWs" he's a nice guy, I dunno.

:chloe:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Dave mad at someone having a different surname from their dad is the most middle class boomer thing I've ever heard

The WWE fake names, they are good.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

It's nowhere near as bad as some of his other typos over the years, but I think Dave stroked out a bit at the end of his recap of the Cena/Reigns segment in this week's Observer.

quote:

The problem is that in saying that Reigns can’t promo at the top level, you basically shined a spotlight on his weakness, and while that’s fine for anyone else, calling attention to that flaw in the guy you want to be as the top guy be guy you want to be the guy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Speech to text is real accurate these days

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

St Evan Echoes posted:

There's no uhs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

:lol:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hey, if someone doesn't have the family name, that's not a big deal. But when they're presented as that person's child, and their real name is the same as their parent's surname that was both their real and character name, that's stupid. Rachel Evers not Ellering, Joseph Hennig two awful names, and so forth.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Curtis Axel is a dumb name.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah if you're going to say he's the son of Mr. Perfect or the daughter of Ellering, or when she was around, the daughter of Eddie Guerrero, it's dumb as hell to have them not share the last name. Dusty Rhodes wasn't his real names but he was still called Cody Rhodes. With Golddust they never really acknowledged that during his 90's run and it was such a gimmick as opposed to attempting to put over his heritage that it didn't matter by the time they DID do that when he tagged with Cody with Dusty in their corner back in 2013

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

or when she was around, the daughter of Eddie Guerrero

Sasha got injured??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Curtis Axel is a dumb name.

Curtis Perfect is better.

• Locked thread