Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

DLC weapons. You'll get access to them when you unlock the Battle HQ after a few fights into the game. Can't miss it.

Do they cheese the game? I'll just give the code away then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I haven't looked at the stats so I can't say. I literally stopped playing when I unlocked the Battle HQ because it was the end of my lunch hour.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

The opening cutscene implies that Mario is not real. I will not tolerate this garbage.

Mario is real, and his exploits have been the inspiration of a hit series of video games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mario XCOM is legit good. Like holy poo poo it’s super loving fun and challenging and the characters all play pretty differently and you can do so many wacky poo poo with the team moves and stuff.

I can easily see myself sinking a lot of time in this game trying to get all the golden trophies.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Is rabbits game 100hours of cock solid gameplay?

Not to kinkshame you bro, but I don't think many of us are going to get hard over the Mario Rabbids game.

At least I loving hope not.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can always use the code and decide if/when you want to use the DLC. I'm almost certain that entering the DLC doesn't put you under a geas that compels you to use them and kills you horribly if you don't.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mario Rabids XCOM loving good

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
In a fit of rage I decided to buy Mario XCOM since I have no clue when ARMS will be delivered.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

In a fit of rage I decided to buy Mario XCOM since I have no clue when ARMS will be delivered.
capitalism at work

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mega64 posted:

How many Rabbids do you get to murder? I don't think I'll buy the game unless it's at least 500 or so.

There are missions that Rabbids will constantly spawn until you reach a certain area so in theory you can murder infinite Rabbids

s.i.r.e. posted:

Not to kinkshame you bro, but I don't think many of us are going to get hard over the Mario Rabbids game.

Have you seen Rabbid Peach bro?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Have you seen Rabbid Peach bro?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

They aren't significantly more powerful than the weapons you start with, but they do have the "honey" effect which gives a chance to stick an enemy they hit in place for a turn. I'm using a couple of them currently but I doubt I'll keep using them after the first world.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Unless the weapons level up, they're not that much more powerful than what you can get at the beginning of the game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A game where Mario shoots enemies point blank in the face with a gun shouldn't work but we are living in the darkest timeline so anything is possible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The dlc weapons are better than the starting weapons but become crap fairly soon after that. It's no big deal just makes the first world easier.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Game is good but it's definitely an Ubisoft game with all these random frame hitches for no apparent reason.:lol:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

s.i.r.e. posted:

:grin:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

So since this is an Ubisoft game and not a Nintendo game it should be $20 a year from now, right? I'm sure it's good but....

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Its worth 60 bucks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do we have a date for Youtube etc on the Switch yet?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do we have a date for Youtube etc on the Switch yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like the game. It has made me laugh a few times.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Norns posted:

Its worth 60 bucks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nice.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Cripes, I can't believe I'm considering this. Is it like Paper Mario type funny?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Cripes, I can't believe I'm considering this. Is it like Paper Mario type funny?
ehhh....

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Thanks for saving me 60 bucks.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's a great game with a ton of polish and content but if you're going into it looking for comedy and you're over the age of 14 you might be a little disappointed.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

It's not funny. Unless you prefer to laugh at things that annoy you.

It's still very fun and sometimes charming.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Where the hell is Hollow Knight and all the other games that have been out on Steam or other platforms for ages now? C'mon Switch, put it out there.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ah, I see. The guy who said it made him laugh a few times piqued my interest a bit more, that's all. Maybe I'll still pick it up when it's cheaper, but I'm not hurting for games right now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Ah, I see. The guy who said it made him laugh a few times piqued my interest a bit more, that's all. Maybe I'll still pick it up when it's cheaper, but I'm not hurting for games right now.

It's made me laugh a few times. I find supporting characters that are over it endearing. The robot has a cute personality.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

BabyRyoga posted:

Where the hell is Hollow Knight and all the other games that have been out on Steam or other platforms for ages now? C'mon Switch, put it out there.

Hollow Knight showing up in the next Nindies thing so

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

NewFatMike posted:

Hollow Knight showing up in the next Nindies thing so
90% of the games that were in the first Nindies thing 5 months ago still aren't out.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Do any new multiplayer games need to be added to the spreadsheet?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

You tell me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm just going to wait for Mario Xcom to be like $30. It will, won't it? Predicting price drops for this game is hard. It's Ubisoft, but it's a Mario game...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

I'm just going to wait for Mario Xcom to be like $30. It will, won't it? Predicting price drops for this game is hard. It's Ubisoft, but it's a Mario game...

You'll probably be able to find it for close to that price used before the year is over. I haven't seen any Switch games get that drastic of a price cut yet.

I wonder if it'll be possible to keep Miiverse alive with fan servers on Wii U.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 30, 2017

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

waah posted:

Who am I kidding, I just got lucky enough to get surprised with a Switch yesterday along with Zelda, am I am hooked for the next 4 weeks

Four weeks? You poor soul. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and I'm only 1 dungeon in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Elman posted:

Four weeks? You poor soul. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and I'm only 1 dungeon in.

I got it at launch and didn't beat it until last month.:v:

• Locked thread