Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

triple sulk posted:

this club is a dumpster fire

At least a dumpster fire has a purpose.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

120 is still a lot for someone who probably won't start very often but lol all the same

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

We all love to lol at Arsenal.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
apparently he turned down 220k a week at chelsea too hahaha

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
ox is a loving loon, what the gently caress

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao I had a hunch it would be lower just bc that would be funniest and football has not let me down

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol arsenal are a trainwreck publicly imagine what its like when you're actually at the club

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

T Bowl posted:

You really think Liverpool will pay that for either of those players?

And furthermore, do you really think Southampton will sell for that amount considering they've got Liverpool dead to rights for tapping up and don't need to sell.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arseblog apparently heard that our budget was closer to 50m, almost all of which was eaten up by Lacazette, so it's clear why Wenger kept saying he had to sell. 50m is still a pitifully small amount given the state of the team last season.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

West Brom have impressed with their signings and overall play

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they finish above Arsenal, no joke

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ox is not good. I genuinely don't understand the bizarre hype that appeared for like 2 weeks. During which he sucked rear end.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bape Culture posted:

Ox is not good. I genuinely don't understand the bizarre hype that appeared for like 2 weeks. During which he sucked rear end.

He's a Liverpool player now so he must secretly be an amazing talent.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

Wenger sucks at developing players so naturally under Klopp he will blossom into a Ballon d'Or winner

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Always worth noting that Ox was originally a winger, and it was Wenger who is responsible for planting the notion that he should actually be a midfielder.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

vyelkin posted:

Wenger sucks at developing players so naturally under Klopp he will blossom into a Ball on licker

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Ballon d'Ox.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Boys, I'm already excited about next year.

It could really be our year.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Der Shovel posted:

And furthermore, do you really think Southampton will sell for that amount considering they've got Liverpool dead to rights for tapping up and don't need to sell.

Just a reminder that the Premier League dropped the case because of a lack of evidence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-transfer-premier-league-punishment-a7810036.html

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

chuggo is BACK posted:

apparently he turned down 220k a week at chelsea too hahaha

He has lost the plot. Arsenal are the polar of Spurs ; a good team with half the wages

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
2017-2018 Arsenal Prediction

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

It's a sad indictment that we offered him those wages to begin with.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

T Bowl posted:

2017-2018 Arsenal Prediction

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shitshow posted:

It's a sad indictment that we offered him those wages to begin with.

It’s just insane to care that much about hanging on to a player who has shown six months of competence at Arsenal, in a position he hates and that arguably shouldn’t exist (because the 3-4-3 is dumb now).

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Xabi posted:

Boys, I'm already excited about next year.

It could really be our year.

Yup and the next year gonna be even better. Klopp is here for the long term poo poo.

It's been what 7 years since the Hodgson fiasco? A little bit less since the Moyes stuff with United. I think Arsenal about to see a similar period except they don't even need to lose their legendary manager for it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

wicka posted:

Always worth noting that Ox was originally a winger, and it was Wenger who is responsible for planting the notion that he should actually be a midfielder.

I thought he played centrally coming through Southampton's academy.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Nice West Ham gif

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In failbot related news, hot off their sucess tracking VVD's minivan to Melwood, Liverpool fans are tracking a private jet flying to France this evening.

https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8/status/902973645433315329

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tarbrush posted:

In failbot related news, hot off their sucess tracking VVD's minivan to Melwood, Liverpool fans are tracking a private jet flying to France this evening.

https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8/status/902973645433315329

How long before a novelty twitter account with the tail number exists?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

40m for an injury prone player in the last year of his contract AND to a team that's also in for one of our primary targets this window. jesus christ why

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/LFCGlobe/status/902988758273941504

Potentially poo poo source but they did announce Ox about 10 minutes before Melissa Reddy and Paul Joyce.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Sphyre posted:

40m for an injury prone player in the last year of his contract AND to a team that's also in for one of our primary targets this window. jesus christ why

:homebrew:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

sassassin posted:

I thought he played centrally coming through Southampton's academy.

He did. Wenger just wasted him for years and years on the wings. Hopefully Klopp does the same but I guess he must have had assurances he will play centrally hence accepting a lower wage.

Liverpool are signing good players at the moment but it's a bit weird that none of them are keepers/defenders.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
liverpool signing Ox for £35m and also beating arsenal to lemar will be really funny

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EvilHawk posted:

Again, all the Liverpool journos have said that it is absolutely not dependent on selling Phil. Using the widely reported fees:

£35m for Salah
£35m for Ox
£7m for Robertson

=£77m (the Keita money is apparently being paid next year)

VVD is likely to cost around £70m, Lemar possibly a bit more around £80m = £150m, so total spending £227m.

We got £10m back for Stewart (how??) and might get around £30m for Sakho. That'll bring us to the £200m funds we apparently were going to spend at the start of the year. Add in the CL money, the TV rights money, and three years on the bounce of having a positive net spend, and our money situation is pretty good.

It's probably dependent on Coutinho not from a financial point of view but more the fact that you can't have 8 midfielders on the pitch at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

wicka posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902951267772837897

One day someone is going to write a book about this period in Arsenal's history. I will be very excited to learn how we could possibly have "no money."

Stan Kroenke's American football team is apparently building a $2bn stadium.

• Locked thread