Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i'll show what i'm talking about. here's the standard android OS buttons that you can access inside all apps:

the right one opens the task-switcher interface, similar to alt-tab on a computer or double-tapping the home key on iOS. middle one is the home key, which takes you back to your home screen. left one is the "back" key, which backs you out to the previous screen of your app, or like if you're in the camera app because another app launched it to take a photo, it will take you back to the first app. now let's look at samsung:

i read an article saying that samsung lets you change it so the back button is on the left, but holy crap it is so silly that google allows such a basic UI idea to be "customized" in such a silly way

the only good thing sarnsung did lmao

the nearest button to your thumb should be the common button, i.e. the back button

(sorry lefties)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the nearest button to your thumb should be the common button, i.e. the back button

(sorry lefties)

uh if you hold the phone in your right hand its way easier to hit the left button than the right like its not even close

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

uh if you hold the phone in your right hand its way easier to hit the left button than the right like its not even close

i don't have crippling arthritis, so those positions are equally easy to hit

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i don't have crippling arthritis, so those positions are equally easy to hit

my thumb falls naturally on the bezel right beneath the leftmost key ofc if there were no bezels at all i guess i couldnt rest my thumb anywhere

im also old af so crippling arthritis isnt exactly a distant concern for me either

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

(sorry lefties)

im rightie and im used to left side back button

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im not ambidextrous otherwise but phone touching seems equally easy with either hand

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Weed goku posted:

nigga hasnt seen pussy in 6 years😂 LOL

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hellz yeah

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I mean he is a priest

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol marshmallow adoption rate still higher than nougat, the most recently abandoned os

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally due to my sausage fingers I find using any phone kind of annoying one-handed. Except for the huge number of ways it sucked I sort of miss having a Note 2 I bought from some dude for like $50 because the stylus didnt misclick as much as my huge fat thumbs.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
don't hover your fingers right over the screen

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

you could also try adjusting the accessibility settings on your preferred gadget os

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

(sorry lefties)

this is customizable though i thought???

i helped someone setup their new android, so i didnt fiddle with menu long but i thought there was an option to set order of buttons

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

oh great the guy with the anger issues who is prone to meltdowns is back from ios in the dyp android thread once again

apparently not enough hardware keyboards or notification leds on the iphone

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LastInLine posted:

oh great the guy with the anger issues who is prone to meltdowns is back from ios in the dyp android thread once again

apparently not enough hardware keyboards or notification leds on the iphone

But that's every Android user.

:thejoke:?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

But that's every Android user.

:thejoke:?

no thats not the joke its an actual goon who melts down all the time over people criticizing his tism

one time he sent me an angry pm because i told him windows phone 7 was dead in the water lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
looks like google got tired of people talking about ARkit

https://twitter.com/davey_burke/status/902546538169118720

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is he the same guy who "fastballs" his phone at the wall when he is bad at video games

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Management posted:

looks like google got tired of people talking about ARkit

https://twitter.com/davey_burke/status/902546538169118720

timing is everything. and the timing on that tweet says "me too".

idiots should have had the patience to wait until arkit pr cools down to hype up arcore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CehSgE38lOI

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ya know how that horrible pepsi ad that led to people hitting cops in the face with cans of pepsi

i feel like this could go in the same direction but it wouldn't be as funny if a cop's face caught fire

for the perpetrator (they'd get messed up)

for me eh

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i like how half the reviews are recorded while they're inside their leased/subprime financed cars because its the only space in their lives quiet enough to make a video

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lmfao

"Do what you can't"

lol is that a mistranslation?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol do what you can't

Rock touching, heart solid

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

do what you cant

iow board a commercial aircraft carrying one of these

do it we dare you

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Essential hosed up and sent a bunch of its customers drivers licenses to each other

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the real gently caress up is a loving company selling a phone asking for a picture of drivers licenses in the first place lmao

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

if you knew your entire customer base used android phones, would you trust them?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

truly innovative in leaking all their customers' data before they even release their phone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

NEED MORE MILK posted:

the real gently caress up is a loving company selling a phone asking for a picture of drivers licenses in the first place lmao

Agreed, lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Millstone posted:

Balls touching, cocks solid

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

truly innovative in leaking all their customers' data before they even release their phone

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

Essential hosed up and sent a bunch of its customers drivers licenses to each other

lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

quote:

[–]crimeanmofoasdf 53 points 16 hours ago
This is worrying, only because I had credit card fraud for the first time ever right after buying mine. Just hoping it's not related to their apparent carelessness.
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply
[–]Audiman64 44 points 16 hours ago
Hmm, I had fraud on mine too. That's disturbing.
permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply
[–]crimeanmofoasdf 35 points 15 hours ago
Literally hours after purchasing I had fraudulent charges for cell phone related poo poo including tracfone service and asurion insurance
[–]squid267 36 points 15 hours ago
My cc got flagged for being part of a breach after buying the phone...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that's a hell of an act what do you call it?

android!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Blue Train posted:

ROFL

how hard is it to put your customers emails in the bcc field, especially when you expect them to reply??? like asking for a drivers license for a phone via email is bad enough but how do you gently caress up just sending the email itself???

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmao

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

My Linux Rig posted:

ROFL

how hard is it to put your customers emails in the bcc field, especially when you expect them to reply??? like asking for a drivers license for a phone via email is bad enough but how do you gently caress up just sending the email itself???

or, this idea is pretty "out there", but hear me out, what if their automated e-mail system individually e-mailed customers to make sure this couldn't happen?

edit: and maybe, just maybe, basing e-mail on typewriter-based intra-office memo etiquette was a bad idea (CC and BCC = Carbon Copy and Blind Carbon Copy, respectively).

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Doc Block posted:

or, this idea is pretty "out there", but hear me out, what if their automated e-mail system individually e-mailed customers to make sure this couldn't happen?

nah let's just shove all their emails into the cc field and take the afternoon off, its not like theyre sending us sensitive information or anything

holy lol if I was even remotely interested in preordering that phone, I certainly wouldn't be now, can't imagine how hosed up the phone is going to be if this is their approach to verifying preorders