Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

shrike82 posted:

You might as well rename this thread "JC is a waste" because you guys can't seem to handle a single troll

I don't think I can recall a thread that's been derailed to this level by one person.

your envy of his technique is noted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's not JC's fault that everyone in this thread cedes the floor to him when determining the day's points of debate.
It'd be nice if he bothered to bring up new ones though.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Yeah, it's pretty funny to watch the dynamic of people like Condiv not having the ability to put him on ignore.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, some of us like scratching mosquito bites.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

JeffersonClay posted:

I guess unlike you my posts in this thread are not a disorganized flow of consciousness, and so it's probably a bad idea to assume that it's literally the first time I've thought about something when I post about it here.

FYI, your run-on sentences are a tell that you've gone full stream of consciousness posting.

And Jesus, go get hosed you fascist enabler.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

shrike82 posted:

Yeah, it's pretty funny to watch the dynamic of people like Condiv not having the ability to put him on ignore.

Ignoring people is lame, and talking about it is lamer.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 31, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Which is why ignoring the nazis is a good idea from the liberals.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Which is why ignoring the nazis is a good idea from the liberals.

No, ignoring Nazis is bad.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

Is this meant to be an insult directed at me or at him?

Him and everyone else suddenly "concerned" about antifa.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 31, 2017

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Well I guess you could argue that JC's posts are metaphorically equivalent to driving a car into a bunch of people..

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
state of the knee: bent

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/903038663457689605

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Apparently Kamala Harris has come out in favor for Single Payer a party flag. Pleasant Noises or Moving with the times? We'll soon see.

Also, should we start a pool to bet on how long until JC resorts to "Free speech!" defenses of fascists? It can be -that- far away.

P- gently caress, beaten!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sephyr posted:

Apparently Kamala Harris has come out in favor for Single Payer a party flag. Pleasant Noises or Moving with the times? We'll soon see.

It's nearly impossible to tell with this party.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sephyr posted:

Maneuvering for 2020. That's it.

also see: the dems in california regarding single payer

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

So easy for a centrist to act leftist when both she and her Wall Street donors know it won't pass.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
yeah it's a thing that only matters in as much as it shows which direction the wind is blowing

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

brainiac 5 wrecked thsi thread like 100x worse

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moths posted:

"Almost like a militia (that we do not classify as a gang.)"

I honestly wonder if they'd accept Antifa more if they started open carrying.

John Brown Militia/Gun Club/Community Support, comrade. Google it

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Ze Pollack posted:

that you persist in not grasping the content of the study you do not know how to read is not particularly surprising, JC

the details have been cited already; your laughable attempt to explain them away by saying "b-b-but the guy's source data went to the effort he refused to go to" speaks for itself, imo

neither you nor anyone else has cited the portion of the study that leads you to conclude he classified any protests with arrests as violent protests. You won't, because you can't, because it doesn't exist.

Whereas I've cited the section that unambiguously states how violent protests were identified. You are wrong.

Mister Facetious posted:

It's not JC's fault that everyone in this thread cedes the floor to him when determining the day's points of debate.
It'd be nice if he bothered to bring up new ones though.

You want me to find a new thing to post about every day? That's only going to happen if Condiv finds a new dumb thing to screech about every day. I'll try my best. I asked this of Condiv but I'll open it up to everyone. Why is "Anyone who criticizes antifa must support antifa's enemies" valid but "anyone who criticizes democrats must support their enemies" invalid?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/902973802207862784

stolen from cspam. it is good.

:smugdon:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

Why is "Anyone who criticizes antifa must support antifa's enemies" valid but "anyone who criticizes democrats must support their enemies" invalid?

It's invalid? But we already support the Democrat's enemies: leftists :newlol: :rimshot:

Republicans are the Dem's allies, they only differ in approach.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Mister Facetious posted:

It's invalid? But we already support the Democrat's enemies: leftists :newlol: :rimshot:

Republicans are the Dem's allies, they only differ in approach.

This is the interesting sort of stupid I was angling for. Kudos.

Do you think Bernie knows he's a collaborator or is he just a sad old man being led around by the nose?

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 31, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

Do you think Bernie knows he's a collaborator or is he just a sad old man being led around by the nose?

Turn your monitor on

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Grouchio posted:

Things I would like to know:

1. Why does everyone still feel skeptical about a Dem turnaround in 2018, despite everything Trump has done?
2. Why the hell did Pelosi condemn the Antifa, considering they're both opposed to Trump and facism?
3. Would a progressive administration taking after Bernie's policies even be able to implement them after 2020?

1. Other goons have said this, but they don't grasp at a fundamental level why they lost 2016 still (see the recently thrown out case where they said they have a right to fix their own primaries)
2. Democrats, largely but not exclusively white Democrats, LOVE tone policing so they look like "good guys"
3. I think that depends a lot on how the Legislative and Judicial branches look then, but IMHO I'm not optimistic.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Can I get a “we need to be more racist” gif?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Oh lol, she absolutley doesn't get it. She along with sociopaths like JC need to be bullied out of the party. Also lol at how she dances around saying "they're all racist". gently caress that women.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

Hindsight being 20/20, I bet he's pissed with himself that he didn't try the same thing in 2007.
An additional eight years of name recognition would've been a Hell of a thing.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Yo, gently caress NPR. I'm listening now and the news guy just gave little 'hell yeahs' over the audio of Trump's tax reform bullet-points, stopping only to criticize repatriation of funds from tax havens.

What the gently caress, NPR

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

Yo, gently caress NPR. I'm listening now and the news guy just gave little 'hell yeahs' over the audio of Trump's tax reform bullet-points, stopping only to criticize repatriation of funds from tax havens.

NPR has been trash for a while, especially Planet Money.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Accretionist posted:

Turns out the petit bourgeois are self interested and don't care about the working class. Shocking I know.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I had a whole different post typed up but this poo poo is too good to be lost in the current slapfight.

Just read what this loving idiot said in case you're too lazy to click the link.

quote:

This is the democrats. hehe. That's kinda who they are. They're very disorganized. The Democrats are not, they're not good at the sort of go for the jugular, hard nosed politics as they use to be. Back when the democrats use to be more of an ethnic party. Ethnic white. Ethnic black. Ethnic party generally.

Now they're a party looking for consensus. And they look for it so desperately that they never really come up with a coherent framework for themselves.

Because democrats...they understand, that deep down, they're the party of black and brown people. Of gay people. Of marginalized people.

They still long to be the party of the Pabst Blue Ribbon voter. The kind of Coors Light drinking voter.

[host: couldn't they be both? why can't they be both?]

Because those voters are republicans. They just are.

[host: you can say that definitively? across the board?]

Yeah! That vote has migrated from being a democratic party vote to a republican party vote and has done so for the last 40 years. Democrats just can't accept it.

So they don't understand that the voters they long to have back. The voters who, these sort of Archie Bunker voter, who was a democrat in the 70s is now a republican. So they can long for them all they want but they're not going to convince someone by saying "we'll give you free college". That's not why they're voting.

They're voting for, let me put it this way, people say "why do people vote against their economic interest? why do they vote values?" Democrats vote against their economic interest. If you live in New York, if you make New York salary, you're voting against your economic interest whenever you vote for Democrats. They'll raise your taxes. You vote your values. So why don't you think the people on the other side do the same? They're not voting economics. They're voting because the republican party represents their values. They don't care about the economics.

So democrats keep trying to use economics lures to pull them back in but that's not why they're voting that way.

That is the perfect summary why we're going to lose in 2018/2020 and why the democrats as a party are doomed unless the progressives of the party get control.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 31, 2017

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Do they really think that more taxes is a bad thing or something? It's fine when it's balanced, fair across the board, and spent on poo poo that's worth being funded.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dizz posted:

Do they really think that more taxes is a bad thing or something? It's fine when it's balanced, fair across the board, and spent on poo poo that's worth being funded.

Also, nobody wants free college for their kids, they all want to pay tens of thousands of dollars per year. :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Nobody wants health care, they all want to eat out of dumpsters while having to spend 3 year's worth of their salary for getting smiled at by a doctor

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot get over that Reid interview. I cannot overcome the astounding stupidity that would get Trevor Noah to do a double take on obvious nonsense with a sympathetic guest. Yeah she's a talking head, but her opinion isn't nearly as uncommon as it should be.

gently caress.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Call Me Charlie posted:

Just read what this loving idiot said in case you're too lazy to click the link.

What I'm getting from this is, "Economics is for racists/sexists."

I'm sure all the women and PoC whose teeth hurt and who have minimum-wage jobs are really fired up for '18 and '20.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Gloating over the still flooded ruins of Houston and blaming them for their misfortune is pretty repugnant.

You can't in one moment applaud the firing of people outed via Twitter for attending far-right rallies and the next condemn this, come on.

Such is the danger of capitalism. Destroy it. Eat the rich.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

LeJackal posted:

Gloating over the still flooded ruins of Houston and blaming them for their misfortune is pretty repugnant.

its not really gloating to point out a state that continuously elects politicians that cut public services, refuse to pay for disaster relief, and deny climate change is now reaping the rewards of such policies

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
As opposed to all those reasonable and sane things that Milo says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Joy Ann Reid has a great point. There's just no way the Democrats could ever win over the working class. It's not possible. They're just too stupid and racist and poor. If they keep shifting right though, they could easily win in a huge landslide by gaining all of those rational moderate republicans. For every blue-collar Democrat they lose in western Pennsylvania, they could pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin

• Locked thread