Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

When has crashing in this game ever not been a thing?

When it didn't exist. I don't think this game has ever been truly stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

When has crashing in this game ever not been a thing?

No idea, I only bought it recently.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

SplitSoul posted:

Welcome to the thread.
Let me catch you up on the past 416 pages: Yes this game crashes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SplitSoul posted:

Feel free to join our discord, we're more active there. We can help get you situated. Link's in the OP.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 24, 2017

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Finally.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
When did boiling point have a chance to kill you the moment you start the heist? I get getting incapacitated, but flat out dying? wtf

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's always been there. It's a bug with the parachutes. It has (supposedly) been fixed, but clearly hasn't.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console Report: Undercover is the hype mission now. Used to be Frames.

swims
May 5, 2014

I have an extra profile slot and would be interested in knowing what the most PC frowned upon build is. Not gimmick but like anarchist without even bullseye basic kinda build.

Suit would be needed though.

I trust you guys. No shotguns or pistols.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

swims posted:

I have an extra profile slot and would be interested in knowing what the most PC frowned upon build is. Not gimmick but like anarchist without even bullseye basic kinda build.

Suit would be needed though.

I trust you guys. No shotguns or pistols.
Spend as many points as possible to make the patchett/sten viable for loud one down heists. Yakuza to help you last longer in firefights. Primary saw to help you do objectives faster.

Bring turrets to make good use out of your enviously high ammo count.

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 29, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Raid beta announced for PC Payday 2 players. Drops tomorrow.

Looks like there is some cross promotion raid weapons for Payday also.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Full post on it here, prices for the game are also there, $40 for normal and $65 for special edition.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqkHVNyBSZ4

Diamond Store heist on normal, Paycheck gang on the run.

(These dudes tried to rob the jewelry store in the mall by my house, they were all caught because that area is always a total clusterfuck)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Take note of the discounts:

quote:

By pre-ordering, players will get a 10% discount on both editions. On top of that, existing PAYDAY 2 players will receive an additional 5% off on the base game, and 15% off on the Special Edition.

PAYDAY 2 players will thereby gain total loyalty discount of 15% on the RAID: World War II Standard Edition and an amazing 25% off on the RAID: World War II Special Edition.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah if I enjoy the beta, that discount is really making me eyeball the special edition, both for silly little poo poo and because the SE includes an upgrade to ultimate edition for PD2 as well and there's a couple bits I was still missing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah if I enjoy the beta, that discount is really making me eyeball the special edition, both for silly little poo poo and because the SE includes an upgrade to ultimate edition for PD2 as well and there's a couple bits I was still missing.

So people that got Payday for free can get the UE at a high discount if they pre-order Raid SE? That's amazing.

swims
May 5, 2014

Build question

Does partner in crime ace do anything if you have frenzy ace?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
If Travis Touchdown is going to crossover with Hotline Miami, then I want him to also crossover with Payday. :colbert:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
By the transitive property cool, making Tavis part of Hotline, we should be able to rob Million Gunman.

But I can't loving believe they're going to put the RAID beta in Payday 2 literally. If it works and doesn't take a year to download the patch tomorrow I'll be impressed.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Crabtree posted:

By the transitive property cool, making Tavis part of Hotline, we should be able to rob Million Gunman.

But I can't loving believe they're going to put the RAID beta in Payday 2 literally. If it works and doesn't take a year to download the patch tomorrow I'll be impressed.

Wait what?

So it's not even an opt-in? That's going to piss off some people.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ThatOneGuy posted:

Wait what?

So it's not even an opt-in? That's going to piss off some people.

"When you start up Payday 2 Tomorrow, you will see that there is an added button on the top of the menu.

People get mad about a 100mb bug fix, this is at least giving them NEW CONTENT to maybe play and complain about.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Build question

Does partner in crime ace do anything if you have frenzy ace?
It makes your cop(s) suddenly need about 50 times as many bullets to die and some other thing you really, really don't notice.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Berserker works on a percentage of your health, so even if you get extra health it doesn't matter. And with Frenzy on top it likely won't make a difference how many hits you're taking to your health damage.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
For anyone with very high crime sprees, there is a bug with cashing them in. The card drops cause the game to crash before all your experience, cash, coins and items are added, so you won't be able to cash in your spree at all. For me it happened when I tried to cash a 47k spree - previously I had cashed a 32k spree, but it only crashed after all the rewards were added. Obviously this is unbelievably annoying, but fortunately there is already a mod that fixes it. Will post the link if anyone indicates they are facing this problem.

swims
May 5, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Berserker works on a percentage of your health, so even if you get extra health it doesn't matter. And with Frenzy on top it likely won't make a difference how many hits you're taking to your health damage.

That was the main part I was looking for. The health bonus impact. Thanks.

I'm running frenzy ace but would love to free up some points. Is it a dramatic difference to just run frenzy owned only?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Acing it for the extra damage reduction makes it more reliable.

If you're running an Anarchist shotgun build with fire rounds to keep damage going constantly then you can get away without running aced. That's the only instance I'd really recommend it, otherwise either ace it or take it off entirely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I feel Basic Frenzy is effective enough, depending on the difficulty you play at. I ran it that way for ages and was fine, but I was rarely doing DW and only occasionally doing Mayhem. If you are doing it with Shotguns and Aced Bullseye and playing on Mayhem or below I think you'd be fine. If you are on OVK with Aced Bullseye and are a good shot or are using shotguns you'll be fine.

swims
May 5, 2014

Mostly DW but I do run 1D (with a different build focused on rogue).

I feel like diamond museum is the best mission for trying out new builds and I stomped a DW museum with a frenzy build.

The notable specs are:
Hostage taker basic
Stockholm ace
Partners basic
High value basic only
Sure shot basic
Feign death ace
Messiah basic
Berserker and frenzy ace
Bloodlust basic
Anarchist
DMR full auto G3

I wish there was a way to track the killing count for bloodlust. I know it maxes at 1600 damage. Yesterday I was probably 30 kills deep and remembered I had it and sent a cloaker flying with my knife.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
The Raid beta started. Load Payday 2 and there's a yellow link to it at the top of the main menu.

6.5 GB download.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

How long is the beta run? I'm out on holiday for a week.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Today until Sept 17th if you own PD2, non PD2 owning plebs only get a free weekend on the 2nd-3rd, then it comes out on the 26th.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yardbomb posted:

Today until Sept 17th if you own PD2, non PD2 owning plebs only get a free weekend on the 2nd-3rd, then it comes out on the 26th.
This makes it sound more like a Stress Test and bug finding adventure rather than a beta.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah with that time frame it's pretty obviously a "beta" kind of beta, but hey it's basically a pretty long early demo and people are undoubtedly gonna stumble onto some funny bugs, so it works.

Edit: Game runs good, also gore confirmed.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 31, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Raid Beta first impressions (played offline with 3 bots):

* You get two missions - blow up a Zeppelin moored at a Flakturm, murder some SS out in the woods

* There are four classes - assault (semi-auto rifle), demolitions (shotgun), insurgent (SMG) and recon (rifle)

* Weapons are class locked so you can't be a recon with a shotgun, for example

* You can pick any class and nationality combination, so you could be a British Recon or a German Recon or a German Demolitions, whatever

* Weapons are upgraded by completing achievements for them. For example you get less recoil on the semi-auto rifle the assault has by shooting like five hundred guys from the hip with it

* You get a comedy video clip of Hitler being shown a report on your exploits and getting angry after each mission

* John Cleese is quite fat now

* There are outfits you can dress your dudes up in

* Bots still don't complete objectives for you - they won't twiddle dials or spot SS camps for you, but so far I haven't seen any really arduous requirements like "Carry 15 bags across the map one at a time"

* I've seen three special enemies - officers who apparently make the enemy fight harder, slow armoured flamethrower guys, and snipers

* You can pick up ammo and health from enemies, but you don't seem to have a regenerating armour mechanic like in Payday 2

* Stealth feels much better than in Payday 2, much easier to tell if you're being spotted, you can (and should) stab infinite Nazis in and out of the game, and you can hide bodies without limit

* There are mounted machineguns you can use, they'll murder everything in front of them and you'll get shot in the side

* Classes appear much simpler than in Payday 2, and all their perks are unique, so no mix and matching between them. Each class has a static perk (EG: Assault uses less ammo) and a "warcry" triggered perk (EG: Assault heals his team)

* I think I saw a guy have his arms shot off

I like it so far. Engine is definitely that of Payday 2, so it's a little janky. Normal seems very easy, hard killed me. Indoor missions (the flakturm one) are much easier than outdoor ones (the SS one).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is The Raid basically payday 2 with WW2 missions instead of heists? I'd honestly be down for that if so.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Is The Raid basically payday 2 with WW2 missions instead of heists? I'd honestly be down for that if so.

It definitely has the feel.

I also noticed John Cleese has packed on the pounds, it's really all on his gut too, poor guy. :v:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This makes it sound more like a Stress Test and bug finding adventure rather than a beta.
That's literally what a beta is for.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Nazis make a better enemy type than cops - it makes sense for 10,000 of them to come after you during a mission.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Is anyone else having issues launching raid? I tried going through steam after installing it and that didn't work, then i tried doing it through payday 2 but that didn't work either. It just does that thing eith steam where it says "preparing to launch" and then flips back to not doing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Is anyone else having issues launching raid? I tried going through steam after installing it and that didn't work, then i tried doing it through payday 2 but that didn't work either. It just does that thing eith steam where it says "preparing to launch" and then flips back to not doing anything.

Try this:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/414740/discussions/1/1473095965288236218/