Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
milennials still own tvs and watch msnbc furthermore im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

From the links..

Saturday editions of “AM Joy” averaged 702,000 total viewers and 174,000 viewers Age 25-54, marking the time period’s best total viewer average since 1Q03 and best demo average since 4Q12.

~~

For comparison, here's some August 2017 deets on weekday viewing ( http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-top-cable-news-programs-of-august-2017-are/339758 ) ..

Total Viewers:

The Rachel Maddow Show (2,783,000)
Hannity (2,679,000),
Tucker Carlson Tonight (2,483,000),
Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell (2,352,000)
The Five (2,351,000)

Adults 25-54:

The Rachel Maddow Show (630,000)
Hannity (590,000)
Tucker Carlson Tonight (513,000)
The Five (510,000)
Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell (506,000)

~~

I guess those other 500'000+ viewers are either younger than 25 years, or older than 54 ? ?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Note: I'm a right-leaning neoclassical liberal, and I don't know a ton about Harris, but there's my overview from her wikipedia page.

Gun control: She opposes Heller. I'm not a fan of her here

Death Penalty: She opposes (and notably refused to seek it in the case of the murder of a cop, provoking criticism from Diane Feinstein, not a known right-winger). I'm ardently in favor of capital punishment, so this doesn't endear her to me.

Immigration: Unsure what her views are. She claimed that "an undocumented immigrant is not a criminal" - although I'm in favor of liberalizing immigration law (basically open borders), I'm fairly sure that this is just not accurate legally speaking, but I might be wrong...

Abortion: She seems okay on this (pro-choice). This is a little weird, though: "In 2016, after hidden-camera videos were released accusing healthcare provider Planned Parenthood of illegally selling fetal tissue, Kamala Harris authorized the seizure of an anti-abortion activist's laptop, ID cards, and some other property."

Education: Uh...?

Environment: ?

Healthcare: BOO SINGLE PAYER BOO

Foreign policy: ????

I'm not a huge fun/not on board the hype train, but I could be convinced to support her against cheetoman.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

so why does this web developer slash policy analyst have a patreon exactly

he doesnt even provide performance art like game theory guy

so you can fund his blog full of pro-Obamacare articles

he started it to track news articles about how many people had signed up for the ACA and how successful it was, and it got enough attention that he deluded himself into thinking that he was some kind of health policy expert with extremely valuable opinions that people would pay lots of money for. the patreon is so he can abandon his job as a freelance web dev and work on his lovely ACA blog full time

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

Note: I'm a right-leaning neoclassical liberal, and I don't know a ton about Harris, but there's my overview from her wikipedia page.

Death Penalty: She opposes (and notably refused to seek it in the case of the murder of a cop, provoking criticism from Diane Feinstein, not a known right-winger). I'm ardently in favor of capital punishment, so this doesn't endear her to me.

Immigration: Unsure what her views are. She claimed that "an undocumented immigrant is not a criminal" - although I'm in favor of liberalizing immigration law (basically open borders), I'm fairly sure that this is just not accurate legally speaking, but I might be wrong...

Abortion: She seems okay on this (pro-choice). This is a little weird, though: "In 2016, after hidden-camera videos were released accusing healthcare provider Planned Parenthood of illegally selling fetal tissue, Kamala Harris authorized the seizure of an anti-abortion activist's laptop, ID cards, and some other property."

I'm not a huge fun/not on board the hype train, but I could be convinced to support her against cheetoman.

sorce ur qwotes

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

anime was right posted:

is that what libertarians are calling themselves now?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol someone went in and cleaned up her wikipedia article on criminal justice and changed language from things her office did to things she did 2 days ago...

it came from a wealthy d.c. suburb.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
why are you ardently in favor of capital punishment lol wtf

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cargo cult posted:

why are you ardently in favor of capital punishment lol wtf

i wanted to see what neolibs had to say about harris

takes include:
shes just bluffing, its just a fantasy promise she msut make for the idiot bernie bros to become prez
shes a traitor for supporting this
shes fine, shes going to bring some much needed decorum to the white house, dont care about policy positions.
shes gonna lose bc shes a black woman, but if she wins, theres gonna be a civil war.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
neoclassical liberal lmfao

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anime was right posted:

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im still confused are you earnest posting those positions or did you copy paste them from vox or something?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
BOO SINGLE PAYER BOO

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cargo cult posted:

im still confused are you earnest posting those positions or did you copy paste them from vox or something?

lol gently caress no, the death penalty sucks, free weed and healthcare for everyone. i copy and pasted that one bc it was funny as hell.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Wemus posted:

"We don't need you" - Hillary Clinton to young voters

for every young vote we lose, we'll pick up two in the nursing homes, and you can repeat that in hospices and cemeteries

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol she took money from the trump cabinet member she let off the hook w/r/t illegally foreclosing on middle class homeowners

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
so if you're ardently in favor of capital punishment does that mean you still want somebody executed even if they're found innocent after sentencing?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
dear lord does joy ann reid suck a lot of rear end

if the dems listen to her and people like her, 4 more years of trump guaranteed.

not because trump is "better" but because dems will refuse to vote where it really matters

she's so loving stupid

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so if you're ardently in favor of capital punishment does that mean you still want somebody executed even if they're found innocent after sentencing?

yeah, they're the type of liberal who believes that PRESERVING THE PROCESS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT ONE LIFE

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

alright who's gonna be the first bernie hating bad dem media type who applauds this and say they have supported single payer all along?
we've always supported Universal Healthcare*

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
hmm i dont like that avatar

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
to preempt cynical racexism left-punching im just gonna start referring to her exclusively as Officer harris and i wanna suggest u guys consider doing the same b/c even woke and on fleek bae libs will readily acknowledge that law enforcement is racist now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

lol she took money from the trump cabinet member she let off the hook w/r/t illegally foreclosing on middle class homeowners

yeah and she was the only democrat senate candidate mnuchin donated to lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

anime was right posted:

hey that's the scandal her 2016 Senate electoral opponent, Orange County-based Loretta Sanchez, attempted to tie her to after failing to win over Republicans and independents

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
loretta sanchez is even worse so lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maybe the dsa will get this guy nominated im hearing so much about.... this danny guy?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

dsa gonna need to recycle hella partisan sniping to get on the CA general election ballot ftw

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
if she somehow won it all then applied her fed instincts to disappear and waterboard all the 3%ers plus Richard Spencer it'd probably worth it tbh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

comedyblissoption posted:

we've always supported Universal Healthcare*

we've always been at war with Universal Health Care

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i just wanna see spencer and milo brutalized by the carceral state

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what in the hell is a ethnic white? a polish person?

She's literally reifying the white nationalist worldview.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Yeah I think ethnic white means like, Irish and Polish and Italians.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One of the effects of The Discourse™ is that liberals have to accept that the premises of the right are somehow valid, which I think is why a moron like Reid will uncritically accept whiteness as an ethnicity. There's no base of intellectual rigour.

e: https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/903156683207319552

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 08:28 on Aug 31, 2017

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

One of the effects of The Discourse™ is that liberals have to accept that the premises of the right are somehow valid, which I think is why a moron like Reid will uncritically accept whiteness as an ethnicity. There's no base of intellectual rigour.
There are ethnic groups of caucasians as the word ethnic literally just means a subgroup.

I do not believe she's saying it in a way denoting that whiteness itself is an ethnicity in itself, but there are ethnicity in the group with significant differences of origin, culture, and beliefs.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThndrShk2k posted:

There are ethnic groups of caucasians as the word ethnic literally just means a subgroup.

I do not believe she's saying it in a way denoting that whiteness itself is an ethnicity in itself, but there are ethnicity in the group with significant differences of origin, culture, and beliefs.

I'm pretty sure she's not talking about the coveted Ossetian demographic.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

There is no basis in text, tradition, or even in contemporary practice (if that were enough), for finding in the Constitution a right to demand judicial consideration of newly discovered evidence of innocence brought forward after conviction

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm a right-leaning neoclassical liberal.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm a right-leaning neoclassical liberal.

Oh word? I'm a big gay idiot fuckfsce too

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm a big gay idiot fuckfsce

Who isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

anime was right posted:

i wanted to see what neolibs had to say about harris

takes include:
shes just bluffing, its just a fantasy promise she msut make for the idiot bernie bros to become prez
shes a traitor for supporting this
shes fine, shes going to bring some much needed decorum to the white house, dont care about policy positions.
shes gonna lose bc shes a black woman, but if she wins, theres gonna be a civil war.

still waiting on you to syq though

• Locked thread