Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shiki Dan posted:

So...the voice acting is bad, the writing even worse, the music lame, the characters look sterile, and the gameplay is basically a slowed down version of a game we've already been playing for 6 years.

Gamora and Nova's themes are the only ones that really stick out to me

Strider's is the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you can find Dante's theme you get to enjoy Capcom loving up one of the greatest video game musics ever.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shiki Dan posted:

So...the voice acting is bad, the writing even worse, the music lame, the characters look sterile, and the gameplay is basically a slowed down version of a game we've already been playing for 6 years.

yeah but its so CREAtive

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Infinite jr is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9fxkU084a8

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=IwNi6G_Bd3Y

:lol: somebody pointed out Iron Man's new theme is his Iron Man 3 movie theme

Is it actually though or is this some fake news poo poo? I listened to that video then the Iron Man 3 theme and they didn't sound the same, maybe I am music blind.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Why even make this game if you couldn't get the X-Men

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Its really weird how they cling to the RE5 version of characters.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Firstborn posted:

Why even make this game if you couldn't get the X-Men

The Who-What?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Fellblade posted:

Is it actually though or is this some fake news poo poo? I listened to that video then the Iron Man 3 theme and they didn't sound the same, maybe I am music blind.

wait till somebody uploads the theme directly. you'll be able to hear it better. Not EXACTLY the same but you can definitely hear it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

Its really weird how they cling to the RE5 version of characters.
re6 was negatively received but otoh its their second best selling game of all time so who knows

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's definitely the inspiration, which is fair enough if the idea is to evoke the MCU.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

wait till somebody uploads the theme directly. you'll be able to hear it better. Not EXACTLY the same but you can definitely hear it

So despite saying it's the same, what you actually meant was, it's not the same.

Good posting bro.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Endorph posted:

re6 was negatively received but otoh its their second best selling game of all time so who knows

It's a shame that they consider Jill's 5 outfit more iconic than her 1 attire. It's way better, big goofy shoulderpads and all.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Fellblade posted:

So despite saying it's the same, what you actually meant was, it's not the same.

Good posting bro.

Race Realists posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=160&v=IwNi6G_Bd3Y

:lol: somebody pointed out Iron Man's new theme sounds similar to his Iron Man 3 movie theme

now shut the gently caress up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dj Meow Mix posted:

It's a shame that they consider Jill's 5 outfit more iconic than her 1 attire. It's way better, big goofy shoulderpads and all.

It's not that it's more iconic, it's that it's a skin-tight bodysuit.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dias posted:

It's not that it's more iconic, it's that it's a skin-tight bodysuit.

I think it's a combination of that and that it's what Jill was wearing in their single best-selling game of all time.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Wanderer posted:

I think it's a combination of that and that it's what Jill was wearing in their single best-selling game of all time.

It's this. Her REmake (or even mercenaries mode) getup hugs curves just fine if sexy is what they're worried about lol

I like RE5 Chris though. He can stay

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Race Realists posted:

now shut the gently caress up

Ok.

I mean that's not what it says in your post but ok.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bring back jill from mvc2

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
My brain thought it was Nina at first, and I actually played Jill in MvC3.

Kurtofan posted:

bring back jill from mvc2

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this forever tho

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool I love funcopops

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The iron Man 3 theme rules

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/903735894691205121

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

gently caress my stupid compatriot sayin' 'it's just like the old games" like MvC1 isn't a broken-rear end piece of poo poo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

This reminds me of the warning of having fluorescent lighting in a wood working shop where if the lights pulsing frequency matches the spin speed of a spinning blade, the blade will look like it is not moving to the human eye.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Vakal posted:

This reminds me of the warning of having fluorescent lighting in a wood working shop where if the lights pulsing frequency matches the spin speed of a spinning blade, the blade will look like it is not moving to the human eye.

Lol yea it's exactly like that

I'm reading on Twitter that apparently every MvC game has had proximity blocking like this

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 2, 2017

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
MvC3 most def did not have it.

I'm not really sure about MvC2, but I don't think it had full screen proximity blocking.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
This is sweet. I was a big fan of marvel 2 and i didnt play much of 3 but in 2 my favorite team was Captain Commando, Dr Doom, and Juggernaut. Dr Doom is like the best character ever and juggernaut is cool and captain commando is like the capcom mascot and I'm hype to play them in this!

Did they bring Amingo back? he was a cool cactus!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Overbite posted:

This is sweet. I was a big fan of marvel 2 and i didnt play much of 3 but in 2 my favorite team was Captain Commando, Dr Doom, and Juggernaut. Dr Doom is like the best character ever and juggernaut is cool and captain commando is like the capcom mascot and I'm hype to play them in this!

no but you can play as flank west

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Overbite posted:

Buddy they won't even let me gently caress Amingo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Thread: Full Screen Jab Pressure

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marvel vs capcom infinite:

Captain Baal posted:

Buddy they won't even let me gently caress Amingo

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Overbite posted:

Godwin's law in effect here, but go look at that roster list and prepare to be disappointed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

MvC3 most def did not have it.

I'm not really sure about MvC2, but I don't think it had full screen proximity blocking.

Apparently it did: http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/02/returning-proximity-guard-mechanic-in-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-sparks-debate/

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
rip amingo

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Fighting games; whether or not a mechanic is stupid or just adds 'depth' depends entirely on how irrationally attached to the game you are

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Bleck posted:

Fighting games; whether or not a mechanic is stupid or just adds 'depth' depends entirely on how irrationally attached to the game you are

not really since certain mechanics remove depth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bleck posted:

wrong

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zand posted:

not really since certain mechanics remove depth

See the reason I put apostrophes around 'depth' is because the way that video game mans seem to use it seems arbitrary and meaningless with enough time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Fascinating

• Locked thread