Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

David Heinrich posted:

I'd agree with you if it were an equal roommate relationship, but it isn't. He's paying for the majority of stuff and essentially supporting her, something that's putting a pretty harsh strain on him financially. That's a nice thing to do for a friend, but expecting it from him, especially when it's also at the cost of his emotional well being, is silly. The main thing here is that she's not doing anything wrong by not loving the guy; not at all. If he wanted to gently caress her and she said no, but he could live with it and sort of just shrugged it off, they could totally still live together. It's the fact that it's ripping up his mental state having her there, loving other guys, while he supports her. While she's not doing anything wrong, he's bringing a massive amount of stress on supporting her, and he really shouldn't have to do that.

she doesn't have psychic powers, she took him at face value that he wanted to help out a friend. his mental state should not be a factor in whether she chooses to leave her legal domicile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

she doesn't have psychic powers, she took him at face value that he wanted to help out a friend. his mental state should not be a factor in whether she chooses to leave her legal domicile.

Yeah she should continue to live there but he should move out

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My [18 F] dad [55 M] only walks around in underwear, how do I ask him to stop?

Just lol if you didn't have a father who gave zero shits about walking around the house naked.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

maskenfreiheit posted:

Nobody said she does. That's why he has to make it clear to her his situation; and no, his mental state should entirely be a factor in her leaving a place if he's supporting her there, and if she's actually his friend. He's not the only one with a duty to a friend, here. If she knows that she's putting a pretty harsh emotional and financial strain on someone and she cares about them as a friend and she has the entirely valid alternative of staying with her parents, she should probably leave.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

It's a very well documented thing. Though the expert's are torn on whether it's a good thing or bad. IME it's a good thing

Why science says you should have a work spouse

you'd be surprised at how many people have crossed the line with their work spouse

Good for you as an employee, or good for you as a person with an actual romantic relationship, though?

If you want a work spouse, just date a coworker. Oh wait, that is universally accepted as a terrible idea, I wonder why.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's a very well documented thing. Though the expert's are torn on whether it's a good thing or bad. IME it's a good thing

you'd be surprised at how many people have crossed the line with their work spouse

I notice the experts reference a lot of gifs of their favorite TV shows

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HazCat posted:

Good for you as an employee, or good for you as a person with an actual romantic relationship, though?

If you want a work spouse, just date a coworker. Oh wait, that is universally accepted as a terrible idea, I wonder why.

As an employee, for sure it's good. As some one who had an outside relationship? Yeah it can get murky. I've been bouncing from NSA to NSA for a while now so I haven't had a chance for my work spouses to interfer in a relationship but I can see it happening.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I notice the experts reference a lot of gifs of their favorite TV shows

No one likes reading science journals

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

having a co-worker as a close friend and confidant: :discourse:

sincerely treating a close friendship as a formal relationship on par with a spouse, while having an actual spouse: :shrek:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I'm [30sM] pants off from approximately 15 seconds after I get home from work. How do I keep my kids [<5Fs] from one day being embarrassed by this?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Yeah she should continue to live there but he should move out

Except she can't. If he's covering a majority of the expenses because she couldn't afford to be there otherwise he can't really be the one to just leave (unless he finds someone else that wants to take on that portion of the rent).

David Heinrich posted:

Nobody said she does. That's why he has to make it clear to her his situation; and no, his mental state should entirely be a factor in her leaving a place if he's supporting her there, and if she's actually his friend. He's not the only one with a duty to a friend, here. If she knows that she's putting a pretty harsh emotional and financial strain on someone and she cares about them as a friend and she has the entirely valid alternative of staying with her parents, she should probably leave.

Exactly.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

No one likes reading science journals

I do read a lot of them and as a non-scientist they leave me feeling a lot less like I'm expected to be coloring things and figuring out what the cow says

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I reserve the right to walk around naked in my own home :colbert:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ouhei posted:

Except she can't. If he's covering a majority of the expenses because she couldn't afford to be there otherwise he can't really be the one to just leave (unless he finds someone else that wants to take on that portion of the rent).

I was being sarcastic

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

maskenfreiheit posted:

You're a boring troll get funnier please

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

I'm [30sM] pants off from approximately 15 seconds after I get home from work. How do I keep my kids [<5Fs] from one day being embarrassed by this?

They'll just whine about it in the New Yorker like David Sedaris

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

I am all about opposite sex friendship being normalized. Most of my friends are female. That said if my wife started talking about a work husband I'd be doing :thunk: IRL

Precisely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Straight White Shark posted:

having a co-worker as a close friend and confidant: :discourse:

sincerely treating a close friendship as a formal relationship on par with a spouse, while having an actual spouse: :shrek:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zakharov posted:

I am all about opposite sex friendship being normalized. Most of my friends are female. That said if my wife started talking about a work husband I'd be doing :thunk: IRL

Actually you should worry when they don't talk about their work husband. If they're comfortable enough to share it with you it's probably healthy and good. If they're hiding it from you then you gotta start worrying

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'd never have a work wife but I've got plenty of work-fuckbuddies

you can always tell the ones who loved Cheaper by the Dozen as kids:

My [21M] mom [41F] is going to marry her boyfriend [40M], who has 7 children. This is going to be horrible for my sister [11F]. How can I help?

quote:

My mom has been dating him for a while now and to be honest he's not a bad guy. But the problem is that he has four children [15F, 14F, 12M, 10M] who live with him, from four different mothers, and they'll all going to be moving in with my mom and my sister. This is a two bedroom apartment. 7 people in 2 bedrooms. He has three more children [7M, 7F, 6M] from two different women who live with their mothers but stay with him over the weekends. So there could be up to 10 people there at one time, 8 kids. 7 of them from the dad, plus my sister.

How can anyone think this is a good idea? I literally struggle to understand how this man has managed to have so many kids by this age. But that is irrelevant. My concern is that so many kids in such a small living situation, this is going to be extremely difficult. It also doesn't help that my sister is an introvert (like me) and this is going to drive her crazy. She needs a calm environment and she needs her space.

I tried talking to our mom and she seems to think that my sister "just needs to adapt" and that's that. I'm not saying that my mom shouldn't find love and shouldn't marry, but shouldn't my sister come first? This is obviously not a good decision for her and she can't just adapt to this new situation. It's also likely that they'll get kicked out of the apartment, once the neighbors start complaining and the landlord realizes that there's up to 10 people living there. This guy has a minimum wage job so it's not like they're going to afford a place that can reasonably house that many people.

I know I can't change my mom's mind about this so I'm not asking about that. To people who have lived in a similar situation, what can I do to help my sister? I'm looking for little things I can do to make her life easier, maybe things I can buy for her that can be useful in such an environment or anything really that will help. They're going to move in in 2 weeks, so there's not much time.

quote:

It's hard to believe but [the moms] each have multiple babies themselves.

My mom said they will get two double bunkbeds. Each will sleep 4 kids, so eight overall. I'm 100% sure my sister will have trouble sleeping.

He is currently living with his own mother now, with the 4 children but the mother wants them out apparently.

I don't think my mom wants more kids but that guy might have other ideas.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 31, 2017

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

My (26) Boyfriend (25) won't clean up after himself after playing his fiddle.

when I move the couch I see 50 paper towels crumpled up with cum.

It's funny cause I can't even have a box of lady products out like 'just an unopened box from the store as hes too grossed out by that

lmao at this woman's loving standards

"help Reddit, my adult boyfriend hoards crusty jizz rags bc he's too lazy to walk to the trashcan but he's super grossed out by an unopened Tampax, WHAT DO??"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My [21M] mom [41F] is going to marry her boyfriend [40M], who has 7 children. This is going to be horrible for my sister [11F]. How can I help?

Here we see a Chad in his natural habitat. While an older Chad, he still posesses resplendent plumage that mark him as a truly remarkable example of the species. With winter coming on he will continue the dance he has done for countless years and seek a mate to spend the cold winter months with.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It's sort of funny to think of their clown car of an apartment, but Jesus. That's a severely overcrowded living situation, and it's not going to be healthy for her at all. The woman prioritizing her boyfriend over her child is bad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"To be honest, he's not a bad guy"

loving lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

"To be honest, he's not a bad guy"

loving lmao

41 year old man about to have two more kids

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

fruit on the bottom posted:

A known unknown

Going through something p. Similar in the sims rn

Me [20sM] with my new wife [20sF]. Worried that we're not compatible.

Hi thread.

My wife and I got married a few days ago and for the most part things have been great, but I'm worried about our long term compatibility.

To get his out of the way, we're both celebrities of significant renown, though when I met her for the first time I was only a moderately famous key grip.

For the majority of our relationship she was much more famous than I was, but now that I've become a successful film star this has changed. Meanwhile her career has not advanced in the time that I've known her, though she is still very successful, just not "pinnacle of her field".

She's also a single mother which I didn't realize at first. To be fair that's really on me. The first time I met her was when my agent, hoping to boost my visibility told me to meet another celebrity by the name of Jupiter. So I went to the house, a gorgeous mansion, and rang the buzzer. Of course I was a nobody at the time so she turned me away but at the time I thought she was maybe a sister or something.

Only later do I find out that Jupiter is an 8 year old boy, and later still that he's her son. As far as I can tell he's only famous by relation so in retrospect I don't really know what my agent was doing.

About a week later we ran into each other on the street and and it turned into a whirlwind romance, though I couldn't figure out how to propose for the longest time. Our wedding party was a bit of a disaster, but we ultimately had a private little ceremony for the two of us in the lobby of my building.

She lived with two other people in addition to her son, so I gave them my old penthouse when I moved in with her. I also had the option of moving her son in with them which I found surprising but I had no desire to break up the family. Truth be told, I've actually found it pretty fulfilling to be a stepfather.

Here's the issue: we're very much opposites in personality. I'm an extrovert to the extreme. I love to schmooze and to hobknob and throw big parties to network with other major stars; that's probably a huge part of how I became so big so fast. Also a huge part of my income comes from appearances at bars and clubs.

She doesn't like big crowds, or strangers. She doesn't seem to mind the parties but she never goes to clubs and even when we go out to eat at a nice restaurant she gets uncomfortable when the paparazzi show up (I've got a pretty good relationship with most of them except for the time one of them let themselves into my house, ate my leftovers, and took a picture of me taking a poo poo)

Its also holding her back in her career, I think. She said very talented musician but she clearly isn't enjoying herself on stage and it shows. To be clear, there's no friction between us right now as we're still in the honeymoon phase but I'm worried about our future and I know her career setbacks bother her.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

41 year old man about to have two more kids

the free market doesn't lie

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
(california) Teenage daughter in middle school denied access to bathroom in class, has period accident and is harassed by teacher. What are my legal options? (self.legaladvice)

quote:

My teenage daughter is in her first year of high school. We suspect she has fibroids because she has a heavy period. We don't have a formal medical diagnosis, but we never anticipated this situation. She has one teacher who has made her uncomfortable. She says he made a few off color jokes about women not understanding some of the content of the class- he teaches history and english.

Earlier today, she desperately had to use the bathroom because she could sense wetness and knew her period was too heavy to be contained with a liner. Sorry if this is graphic.

The school bathroom policy is allegedly asking permission and it's up to the instructor to let you go or not. To my knowledge, they don't have passes or hall monitors?

She raised her hand like halfway into the class to ask for permission to go to the bathroom. The instructor said no. He was giving a lecture and my daughter claims she asked politely. This instructor said she could wait another half hour or whatever it was. She said "I can't wait" and he said something along the lines of "your hair looks fine, you can wait until the end of the class to brush it." Some people in the class laughed. I interpret this to be mildly sexist, and I am willing to demand that my daughter is removed from the class. She ended up bleeding through her pants, tried to wash it in the bathroom, and was late to her next class. She called me sobbing during lunch time because she had to borrow someone else's jacket and sit in period stained underwear for the rest of the day.

My question is: what is my obligation here to notify the school or report this? I am livid and want this teacher, who is treading on the line of being inappropriate to begin with, to realize that sometimes a bathroom emergency is not a hair emergency. I bought a recorder for my daughter to put in her backpack and record his lessons because he is borderline sexist and if this happens again I want proof to show.

What can I do? I live in Orange County, California.

Thank you!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Get your kid sister a set of Groucho Glasses so she can constantly pretend she's in that scene from Duck Soup.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

pro click Stories of Sexual Conquest via Magick

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HOT BREAD! posted:

lmao at this woman's loving standards

"help Reddit, my adult boyfriend hoards crusty jizz rags bc he's too lazy to walk to the trashcan but he's super grossed out by an unopened Tampax, WHAT DO??"
I had a roommate that did this poo poo, it was unbelievably loving gross. And normally I'm fine with confrontation, but this was just so.... weird, that I couldn't bring myself to tell him to stop putting his cumrags under the couch. So I just played dumb as to the nature of the material, and just said "I keep finding these paper towels covered in like, food or something - You gotta stop doing that". I've always wondered if he knew that I knew what was really up. He stopped though.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

im ok with the planet ending

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Slugworth posted:

I had a roommate that did this poo poo, it was unbelievably loving gross. And normally I'm fine with confrontation, but this was just so.... weird, that I couldn't bring myself to tell him to stop putting his cumrags under the couch. So I just played dumb as to the nature of the material, and just said "I keep finding these paper towels covered in like, food or something - You gotta stop doing that". I've always wondered if he knew that I knew what was really up. He stopped though.

my gf has a friend who's asked her to help launder her boyfriend's cum socks. I did not ask and do not want to know what circumstances created this situation, but knowing the two of them it's not out of character

itt some posts about relationships with doodles

Question About Charging Sigils Using Mastrubation

quote:

So, I've done some mostly unsuccessful experiments with sigils using masturbation to charge them. I've noticed that when I orgasm, I don't get the "no-mind" or total absorption that I've read about. Has anyone had any similar issues with sigils or know how to deal with this?

quote:

I've had some success with a method a friend found. Stick the sigil to a wall and run at it as fast as you can, hands by your side, maintaining eye-contact. It does have it's dangers of course, but most people are able to get their hands up in time as a matter of reflex.

This works better the more distance and speed you have. A combination of the thrill of the run and the fear of impact seem to combine effectively. To me it feels like it fires off as my hands slam into the wall, usually adding some pain to he mix. The key is to leave your hands at your sides as long as possible.

quote:

Using orgasms has worked occasionally for me (in spectacular if unpredictable fashion), but I understand what you mean - my mind doesn't necessarily go blank when I come.

I think you should try not coming for a few days and wait until you feel you're really charged up sexually before attempting it. If you're a penis owner, try bringing yourself close to ejaculation a few times without ejaculating to maximize the strength of your orgasm (also helps build control on your ejaculation in your day-to-day sex life). If you have a clit instead, I'm less intimate with how you can intensify your orgasm, but I'm sure there are ways (EDIT: I wonder how multiple orgasms affect charging a sigil).

quote:

I agree with edging, and to add: I know it's all systems go when I find myself (strangely) aroused by the sigil itself. Ha, can't explain it but it's something that I've noted.

Coin Flipping Experiment after Orgasm activation of Sigil. NSFW

quote:

Last night I created a sigil with the intention of increasing the number of heads I flip on a US quarter. I decided that I would record my results for 30 flips before and after activating the sigil. I would only reject the null hypothesis (that these data are randomly occurring) with a probability of >5% chance occurrence.

After drawing the sigil, I flipped 18 heads in 30 trails (60%). A chi-square test this IS NOT statistically significant assuming there is an equal chance of flipping a heads or a tails.

I then activated the sigil by focusing on the physical image while reaching orgasm. For details of the exact method I used see the bottom of this post. Immediately after activation, I flipped 21 heads in 30 trails (70%). A chi-square test, assuming there is an equal chance of flipping a heads or a tails, shows that THIS IS statistically significant with a probability of %2.8 chance occurrence.

I have double checked my math; however if my statistics are in error, please let me know.

While conducting the trails, the quarter frequently landed vertically before falling to the heads side. This happened at least 6 times after activating the sigil. I had a strong sense that my will was actually influencing the outcome.
The following steps were used in creating my sigil. 1. I began by writing the statement, “I flip more heads than tails” in my journal.

I revised the statement to “Flip more heads than tails.”
I removed vowels and repeated consonants: “FLP MR HDS TL”
I created these letters into an image.
I redrew and simplified this image until it felt “magical” to me.

The following steps were used in activating my sigil. 1. I drew the sigil on a yellow post-it note with sharpie.

I attached the post-it note to my computer screen.
I watched a porn that I could only see faintly behind the post-it note.
I focused on trying to see the porn through the sigil while reaching orgasm.
I rubbed my cum into the post-it note.
I meditated on the notion that my DNA and sexual energy were being mixed into the sigil.
I tore the sigil into pieces and flushed it down the toilet.

My theory is that my sigil permeated my unconscious mind (or some structure beyond what is typically seen as reality) during the complex psychological processes involved in orgasm and meditation. Somehow my unconscious mind, or some other structure, influenced all of the muscles involved in flipping the coin to achieve more heads than tails.

Let me know what you all think and what your theories are.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 31, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

What in the world...

Sigils? :psyduck:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Literally never heard of "work wives" offline but then I don't tend to roll with goobers who think they're Don Draper

My (26) Boyfriend (25) won't clean up after himself after playing his fiddle.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Really putting the "ick" in magick

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

What in the world...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I agree with you. I once dated a magician who fed me alfredo and then later told me it had his semen in it. I dated him for a year and a half of hell.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

WampaLord posted:

What in the world...

Grant Morrison told fans of The Invisibles to all have a wank while concentrating on the comic as a sigil to stop it from being cancelled. People think that wanking at things is magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea, okay, but you j/o while picturing it super hard and it does magic for you? People believe this? :psyduck:

I...I think I need to go lie down for a while.