Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DrSeRRoD posted:

Frozen Orb testing on the PTR by sVr is showing a lot of potential. With this change, he believes it can surpass lwiz (but solo will need more fishing for right mob sets) and even dps in 4mans.

If I'm not mistaken cubing Wizpike with this build should be pretty awesome as I believe it snapshots all your Orb + DMO set buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I didn't see what he was using in the cube, so can't confirm if Wizardspike was there, but free Frozen Orbs while shooting Frozen Orbs does seem pretty neat.

mewse
May 2, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Who is Wala?

Hi Wala, I'm dad.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mewse posted:

Hi Wala, I'm dad.

Hi Dad, thanks for welcoming me to the, uh, bone zo- hey did you want me to get mom instead

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

DrSeRRoD posted:

I didn't see what he was using in the cube, so can't confirm if Wizardspike was there, but free Frozen Orbs while shooting Frozen Orbs does seem pretty neat.

sVr hasn't been using wizspike since you need unstable scepter (damage), triumvirate (damage), and orb of infinite death (damage reduction) when pushing. I played around with wizspike myself and all the spells you would use in the frozen orb DMO build are aoe with low proc rates, and wizspike only has a 25% base chance which resulted in me not thinking it even worked because it took so long to proc. I switched to glacial spike which has one of the highest proc rates for wizards and it was still fairly lackluster. They'd need to increase that base chance to 50-75% for it to really seem useful or fun to play with for that build.

I thought about trying some sort of LoN frozen orb build that used wizspike but nothing really came to mind :(

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

FAUXTON posted:

Hi Dad, thanks for welcoming me to the, uh, bone zo- hey did you want me to get mom instead

Please don't take your kids to the bonezone.

Now that I have a lvl70 of every class I almost don't wanna do a new season. Might just make a monk for the free ulianas set though.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

DrSeRRoD posted:

Conquests:

On A Good Day/I Can't Stop: Level three Legendary Gems to level 65.
Boss Mode/Worlds Apart: Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
The Thrill/Super Human: Reach Greater Rift Level 45 Solo without any Set items equipped.
Curses!/Stars Align: Kill 350 or more monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher.
Years of War/Dynasty: Reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the full bonuses of six of the following Class sets.

Another 4 easy/quick conquests with a 5th easy, but longer/grindier, one.

Are there many classes that can do 45 solo with no set items? I'm having a hard time imagining getting through T10 without using a single set item.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually pretty much every LoN build minus LoN can do it. I have personally done this conquest with a barb and a crusader in all yellows and I've seen a wizard do it in all yellows first hand.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Actually pretty much every LoN build minus LoN can do it. I have personally done this conquest with a barb and a crusader in all yellows and I've seen a wizard do it in all yellows first hand.

That's very surprising. How on earth do you do T10 in yellows?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy gently caress I need 'em.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

S12 is now available on PTR. Here's what's coming:
Hopefully that means the current season will be ending sooner rather than later.

FAUXTON posted:

Who is Wala?
Valla is the name of the demon hunter in Heroes of the Storm. Some people just can't spell, is all.

Yes I know that's not the joke.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

twice burned ice posted:

Thorns crusader can do it pretty easily even in a bunch of yellows. I think I did it once with LTK Monk but that was a bit rougher.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

GR45 ends up being easier than T10 since the mobs have like 55% of the HP. This is also later in the game, when you have leveled up legendary gems, good ancient weapons, follower items, unities, kanai's cube, maxed out stat gems, etc. so it becomes much easier than you think if you pick the right burst skills that can kill mobs, especially with all of these legendary items getting a boost in their power in 2.6.1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With so much skill power being offloaded onto weapons in 2.6.1 clearing GR45 with no set items should be easier than ever.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

Monk | Uliana’s Stratagem

:dong:

quote:

Conquests:

On A Good Day/I Can't Stop: Level three Legendary Gems to level 65.
Boss Mode/Worlds Apart: Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
The Thrill/Super Human: Reach Greater Rift Level 45 Solo without any Set items equipped.
Curses!/Stars Align: Kill 350 or more monsters in a Cursed Chest event at level 70 on Torment X difficulty or higher.
Years of War/Dynasty: Reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the full bonuses of six of the following Class sets.

Probably gonna do level 65 gems, gr45 non-set, and gr55 with 6 sets instead of doing curses. Finding cursed peat sucks balls.

quote:

Portrait

Protoss?

quote:

Chapter 4 Reward
http://i.imgur.com/aLTIOOU.gifv

Those are cool but aren't they just the falcon wings doubled up?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Cursed peat spawns far more often than you'd think, it's just not automatically the bounty of the area.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Suspicious posted:

Cursed peat spawns far more often than you'd think, it's just not automatically the bounty of the area.

I have spent literally tens of minutes trying to find it before.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

mewse posted:

Those are cool but aren't they just the falcon wings doubled up?
Umm if you actually pay some attention you'll find they are tripled up. :colbert:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Motherfucker we're going to 5 blades

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

And then we doubled tripled it! for Cursed Peat, get 4 people, everyone checks the zone real fast in their game, repeat. It's like finding it on your own, but doubling tripling quadrupling it!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i like the barbarian buffs that bring it in line with where other classes are now, but then also buffing other classes so itll still be bad

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Hey so I'm getting to a point where i can solo 105 rifts pretty quick. What tips do you guys have for pushing past the plateau so to speak?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Hey so I'm getting to a point where i can solo 105 rifts pretty quick. What tips do you guys have for pushing past the plateau so to speak?

Grind up your gems in a 4-Man, Augment all your gear. You are basically at the "grinding for single percentage upgrades" point

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Post your build

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
NM I found it

Looks a bit more like you're trying to push through 305 imho

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So I have a pretty solid Archon Wizard now, fun to play, esp in groups. kinda fragile but it comes with the class I guess. Best Grift was 86 with friends and I think I did contribute decently. :v: I owned the game for 2 weeks now, don't laugh
Also have a bunch of other characters at max now, not really geared them.
Is there a fun tanky/melee build that you guys would recommend?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Manald heal in cube should be easy with all yellows on a wiz. Maybe the mage ring on necro too?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It's not that hard to GR45 for other classes. Also it's kinda fun to make some garbage build with leftover poo poo you have in your stash vs. following some icy veins guide to the T and not have to think about anything.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mewse posted:

Protoss?

It's the Crystal Arch from the High Heavens.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

I'm a necro and I can barely do level 78 rifts :mad:. Check your privilege.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 1, 2017

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Node posted:

I'm a necro and I can barely do level 78 rifts :mad:. Check your privilege.

Highest I've ever gotten is 58 Rifts with a Crusader. Though in my defense I strictly play HC and have an idiot friend who drags me along to higher rifts than we can handle because he "likes the challenge". But then again I'm the idiot that keeps tagging along...

He lost a 95 Rift Tal Rasha Wizard the other day that he put 86 hours into and didn't even bat an eye. Immediately made a new one and started all over. I can't even lose a newborn 70 without having to at least take a break for a few days to let that wound heal.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I would be playing HC but I live in Georgia with lovely AT*T DSL connection. :argh: I don't see how you crazy people do it. Then again, people think I am crazy for just mindlessly clicking on demons for hours.

Anyways. Here is My build. Rathma Skele mage build that absolutely wrecks 75+ but with one major flaw: I too get blasted in one shot by almost anything.

I hear Trags is leagues better in terms of damage and toughness but the builds I have seen are either really boring to play or just do not have as much damage as the build I am doing. I can fly through 75s as long as I am careful, 80 if I am in a group of people who lead the pack. Solo the highest I have done is I think 75 but I have not pushed anything higher than that.

Is Rathma just squishy as all hell? Even with defensive gems I still fall to an instant frozen spawn.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
You can do the same level of GRs with the Trag blood mage build most likely, try it out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I played HC and died due to 30+ seconds of lag which is pretty rare for me in the first place, but still :suicide:. I don't think I'd do it again even though that's most of the fun for me, starting new characters and building up gear.

Not sure how big the player base is either for HC, it's already not super high for normal seasonal after the initial surge which is another detractor.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Ort posted:

You can do the same level of GRs with the Trag blood mage build most likely, try it out.

Yeah I have a full set of Ancient ones but with no +int gems merged with it. Guess instead of finishing up my speed build I can farm high level GRs to upgrade gems to make it happen. Gonna try it out, amigo.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Rathma is squishy but if you clear every mob the pets will soak basically all the damage, just hang out way behind. Synergises very well with Zeis which I like as my 3rd gem with enforcer and trapped. Looking at your build I like command skeletons over bone armor and jesseth, witching hour, and the craftable necro bracers over the gear you're using. Make sure to max essence in paragon, doesn't look like you did, and try for essence on your weapon. I started on the build like 2 days ago and can clear 95 easily already with less than half ancients.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Yeah I usually switch paragon points in between TX speedruns. But I honestly would have never thought of using skeletons to stun instead of using Bone Armor. Thats smart. Thanks for the heads up.

Still going to try and lean on the blood build a bit more later down the coming days.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Yeah I usually switch paragon points in between TX speedruns. But I honestly would have never thought of using skeletons to stun instead of using Bone Armor. Thats smart. Thanks for the heads up.

Still going to try and lean on the blood build a bit more later down the coming days.

Keep in mind, you'll lose 240% secondary skill damage if you drop bone armor.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I just came back to post that! :argh: I forgot about that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Larrymer posted:

I played HC and died due to 30+ seconds of lag which is pretty rare for me in the first place, but still :suicide:. I don't think I'd do it again even though that's most of the fun for me, starting new characters and building up gear.

Not sure how big the player base is either for HC, it's already not super high for normal seasonal after the initial surge which is another detractor.

I started playing HC exclusively because of my friend who also only plays HC and got me into the game in the first place. So if I wanted to play with him I had to go HC. I tried to switch back to normal once to play solo and it just kind of didn't have the same excitement. After you've poured 100 hours into dragging a perma-death character up through the rifts, playing a character that you can't lose just doesn't feel as rewarding. Although I'm pretty sure at this point I'm in reality just suffering from stockholm syndrome.

Though losing a character isn't quite that big of a deal. I tend to keep any set pieces I like that drop, regardless of quality, specifically so they're sitting in my stash as backups in case I lose a character. And between me and my friend we frequently power-level each other to 70 when we lose someone. So at worst I might lose a dozen levels of rift progress or so, but I've never had to start over entirely from scratch except when playing seasonal.