Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tbf the nyt's surging subscriptions in the last year 100% validates the strategy that liberal businesses like it, wapo, msnbc, and the democratic party always knew worked where they lurch as far right as possible to pick up a couple conservatives and not turn off a single liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

trump is gonna open up a chain of drumpf hotels then post on twitter about the failing drumpf hotels and make five billion dollars from liberals staying there to spite him

Remember how often we'd make fun of right wingers for thinking that consumption was praxis? lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Remember how often we'd make fun of right wingers for thinking that consumption was praxis? lmao

turns out capitalism broke everyone's brain

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ex post facho posted:

loving god drat lol the nyt is absolute fuckin shite

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/903259135193571328

quote:

Britain beat us to the abolition of slavery; the Isle of Man, New Zealand and Finland all decided to give women the vote well before the United States. Eventually, we got smart and borrowed these egalitarian innovations. 

lmbo

remember when America "got smart" and borrowed "not enslaving black people" from the British. totally not a big deal, just appropriating "racial and gender equality" from other cultures. certainly weren't any massive domestic civil rights movements, or even civil wars, that demanded those things

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpqnxpYUqA

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's good, imo, that the daily show, which once went on a seemingly one-man crusade against fox news, is now directly using fox news clips without ridicule or self-awareness

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

so biss has like 0% chance right? aren't there like three billionaires running or some poo poo?

https://twitter.com/heidigroover/status/903407689157427200

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

ex post facho posted:

loving god drat lol the nyt is absolute fuckin shite

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/903259135193571328

From my experience, the only people who care about cultural appropriation are white people.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Taintrunner posted:

it's good, imo, that the daily show, which once went on a seemingly one-man crusade against fox news, is now directly using fox news clips without ridicule or self-awareness

lol the daily show has always been like this remember the rally to restore sanity

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Taintrunner posted:

love that it is basically repeating the same poo poo the right has said about blm (hint there's a reason for this trevor you hack)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Daily Show becoming increasingly indistinguishable from Daily Shoah

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dear lord this guy is dumber than the bricks being used to smash windows he complains about

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Daily Show becoming increasingly indistinguishable from Daily Shoah

the daily... noah???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

tbf the nyt's surging subscriptions in the last year 100% validates the strategy that liberal businesses like it, wapo, msnbc, and the democratic party always knew worked where they lurch as far right as possible to pick up a couple conservatives and not turn off a single liberal

their subs are up due to TRUMP, their dumb strategic moves probably had a negligible impact on their own

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

*loud farting sound*

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think The Daily Show is a better comedy show now than it was with Jon but it's also a worse show for painting the town red with the blood of capitalists

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Don't @ me

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ScrubLeague posted:

I think The Daily Show is a better comedy show now than it was with Jon

no.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the daily show died when rob corddry left

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

their subs are up due to TRUMP, their dumb strategic moves probably had a negligible impact on their own

right but the nyt can do anything it wants and it will never lose the subs of liberals who think they're spiting trump

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the best part of the daily show was always the thirty seconds at the end when they did a split-screen with colbert right before they switched to him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ScrubLeague posted:

I think The Daily Show is a better comedy show now than it was with Jon but it's also a worse show for painting the town red with the blood of capitalists

the daily show was funnier than it had been in a long while just before he left, and now comedy central has a lovely meddling ceo so it mostly produces pablum

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

im not watching sum it up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

antifa is sometimes cool black guys doxxing ppl. sometimes its teen nerds with tshirts tied around their heads. but sometimes they punch people and thats bad. and they shouldnt do it because it makes the right wing media angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

which colbert had kept the report going and mutated him into a pro chump chud

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uncle Wemus posted:

"I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and...I like to kiss my own butt."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Al! posted:

antifa is sometimes cool black guys doxxing ppl. sometimes its teen nerds with tshirts tied around their heads. but sometimes they punch people and thats bad. and they shouldnt do it because it makes the right wing media angry!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember all those times conservatives didn't do stuff because they thought it might make the liberal media mad?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Al! posted:

Since Nazis aren't people they're still okay to punch, right?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

there is hatred and violence from many sides

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

colbert/stewart back-to-back was better than we deserved and i dont care if saying this erodes my leftcred!!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I never found colbert all that funny, mostly because after a certain point an over the top right wind talking head with a wink just reminds me of actually sincere right wing talking heads.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/31/547646709/u-s-employers-struggle-to-match-workers-with-open-jobs

article posted:

"They're just asking for the moon, and not expecting to pay very much for it," Cappelli says. "And as a result they [can't] find those people. Now that [doesn't] mean there was nobody to do the job; it just [means] that there was nobody at the price they were willing to pay."

:thunk:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/903332846655459328

stopped clock

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Agean90 posted:

I never found colbert all that funny, mostly because after a certain point an over the top right wind talking head with a wink just reminds me of actually sincere right wing talking heads.

idk at the time i remember there being a difference

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

which colbert had kept the report going and mutated him into a pro chump chud

I think that's gonna be Jordan Klepper's new show

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gently caress statues of people we hsould have statues of extinct megafauna

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha MAGAfauna

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Well Joy, as a multi-millionaire, feel free to commission as many statues of Harriet Tubman as you want. I'll wait...

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

And this won't ever get better because on one side you have reactionary sacks of poo poo who think you should lick the boots of business owners for $10 an hour and be happy while on the other hand you have upper middle class liberals telling you that you just need education bro like just get into STEM lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

• Locked thread