Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I can't tell if Keith is stupid enough to be betraying both the Earth AND Loran, or stupid enough to be trying to sell the militia a bridge.

He does realize that his best friend works for possibly the richest man on Earth, right? Have they not invented business loans?

Edit Oh, wait, he meant the one they came to Earth in. Still stupid, just less stupid.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, the Frost Brothers were bad just because they were super boring.

I didn't hate them so much as I was just annoyed by them.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Shinjobi posted:

I mean, the Frost Brothers were bad just because they were super boring.

I didn't hate them so much as I was just annoyed by them.

Worst characters:
    *I tried thinking of one from G Gundam but nope - they all good, or at least solid. Maybe Allenby? But she gets Sailor Moon Gundam, so it's tough.
    *Gundam Wing - Everyone's pretty much covered it by calling Wufei a big turd, so I'll throw Tubarov into the mix. Even though he's not a major character, he's a major character of consequence. Plus, his dub made him an annoying poo poo which is... actually, I guess he rounds out to being alright for a bit villain. If not Wufei, then Trowa because DULL.
    *SeeD/SeeD Destiny - I wanna say Cagalli but truthfully she got hosed over by meta-events surrounding the show, so they kind of made her poo poo in Destiny on purpose. To that end I wanna say Athrun but... Yeah, Kira's the gold standard for dumb boring Marty Stu character if ever there was one.
    *Turn A Gundam. Will Game. Except because Turn A is Good, it knows exactly what to do with him in 1-2 episodes and gives his terribleness some meaning.
    *00 Gundam: Wang Liu Mei. All she does is show up, act rich girl and smug, and then leave while believing herself to be some sooper-dooper plotter or something.
    *Zeta Gundam: Reccoa Londo is pretty bad, but Katz somehow manages to be worse AND gets like, half the cast killed by being stupid.
    *Char's Counterattack: Quess/Hathaway get to share this distinction, with Quess getting a little bit more hate although Hathaway is quite a bit of a shitlord himself.
    *F91: They're all bad.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Katz is a good character who dies from a terminal case of hero worship.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
But who is the best Gundam character

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Sousei.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Overall? I dunno. Char is probably the most consistently interesting IMO, especially compared to someone like Amuro who kind of devolves into a generic action hero by time CCA rolls around.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Relena Peacecraft is the best gundam character no buts about it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Amuro makes up for generic action hero by being probably the single most terrifying pilot I've seen in a Gundam, save maybe Mikazuki.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The one you hate :twisted:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Amuro makes up for generic action hero by being probably the single most terrifying pilot I've seen in a Gundam, save maybe Mikazuki.

Io?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the best Gundam characters are the tiny Zakos from SD Gundam Force who do the variety show at the end of every episode.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Lazy effortpost and bad opinion zone:

The entire point of Gundam Wing is that those who have the will to win will win. Those who attempt to fight pacifists cannot have more will to win, because pacifism is so much will that you don't even have to fight, which is how pacifism will triumph. You 'choose to lose' when the battle has a moral stance, and the victor thus decides what is moral. This is why automated mobile suits are a problem, because they simply don't give a gently caress and will subjugate even the pacifists. This is why the zero system is so freaky, because not only does it pipe poo poo into your brain it also predicts your death and is like "you better be using me for what you believe in, because this is how your poo poo will get wrecked otherwise."

Heero's gig with Relena is that he's choosing not to fight her, but warning her ("I will kill you") the whole time that as soon as she strays from pacifism he will loving wreck her poo poo.

All of the other Gundam pilots have their reasons to not fight, which is why they lose all the time until they get on the side they want to win for.

Except Wufei, because he's a loving idiot who just wants to fite ppl irl. I don't think Wufei does anything of consequence through the whole loving series. He's the guy at the D&D table who just wants to fight the other PCs and can't figure out why his stealth rolls fail when he tries to sneak in broad daylight on a city street. He then gets salty and broody when he loses battles for the reasons that are the very theme of the show.

Wing is still in my top 10-15 anime. Zechs carries that poo poo.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 31, 2017

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I can't say the best but I can say my top 5 faves are Loran, Relena, Sochie, Domon, and Emma. Heero just barely falls outside the top 5 but is a solid 6.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Zinnerman and Bright Noa.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

As for best, Mika is top 5 for sure, Julieta might be too. Neither of them bellyache about anything; they know exactly what they're in for and exactly what they do very well, while keeping an eye on the (sometimes lovable) morons around them.

Io from Thunderbolt is somewhere between them, just for being nega-Char (Daryl is nega-Amuro) and jamming the gently caress out all the time. Io is exactly what Shino was trying to be.

Zechs is definitely in there. Domon rounds it out. Apply no ordering except Io being in the middle.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 31, 2017

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's Yazan

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jerid. Ramba Ral's Origin interpretation.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The best Gundam character is Mr Ral from Build Fighters

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
the best gundam character is the very rude haro from gundam 00

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

brainwrinkle posted:

The best Gundam character is Mr Ral from Build Fighters

Phillipine Dub version is the best Mr. Ral.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Guy Goodbody posted:

Souske Sagara.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of Gundam Wing, it looks like they literally just started putting up HD remaster episodes on the gundaminfo youtube channel. Unfortunately, it is not the dub. The captions appear to match the dub though.

Dare I hope for a bluray release?

Dare I hope further that this means Frozen Teardrop?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

Speaking of Gundam Wing, it looks like they literally just started putting up HD remaster episodes on the gundaminfo youtube channel. Unfortunately, it is not the dub. The captions appear to match the dub though.

Dare I hope for a bluray release?

Dare I hope further that this means Frozen Teardrop?
Uh did you miss that we're already getting Wing blu rays?

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Wing-Collectors-Ultra-Edition-Blu-Ray

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently I did! Thanks for the information and it is time to put in an order.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

LuiCypher posted:

Worst characters:

*F91: They're all bad.

Them's fighting words!

Victory Haro is best Haro.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Droyer posted:

The one you hate :twisted:

that's crazy, no one would ever say

:mad:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Any info on the quality of the transfer? Wing had pretty grainy look to it (from memory at least) and I wonder how good it'll look on the new format.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I'd say Mikazuki's a lot scarier. Amuro usually at least has the cover that he's trying to protect his friends/earth/haro. Mikazuki is more of a stone cold killer both in and out of the Gundam. He spent the first few episodes straight up shooting people in the face because Orga told him to.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

I'd say Mikazuki's a lot scarier. Amuro usually at least has the cover that he's trying to protect his friends/earth/haro. Mikazuki is more of a stone cold killer both in and out of the Gundam. He spent the first few episodes straight up shooting people in the face because Orga told him to.

Also Amuro will at least stop if an enemy's disabled. Mikazuki will just keep going to make sure they are dead. By pulping them with Barbatos' mace.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Amuro's never done anything as violent as Mikazuki's American History X stamp on that one guy's cockpit. All the other Tekkadan pilots like 'loving hell, mate'.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Amuro's never done anything as violent as Mikazuki's American History X stamp on that one guy's cockpit. All the other Tekkadan pilots like 'loving hell, mate'.

Remember that the Lupus Rex has piledrivers in its heels.

Mika don't play.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd still rather fight Mika then cca amuro, he was so competent in that movie that he clowned char without even paying attention to him half the time, he was just on a different level in that movie

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

An important thing to note about Mika:

Mika is viscous and brutal fighter but he pretty much never faces a single pilot on his level in the entirety of the series. The closes is genuinely and honestly probably either Gali-Gali, Julieta or an unmanned mobile AI. The first fights him alongside other people, the second never really wins a fight except insomuch she doesn't die, and the last required him to cripple himself and trash his robot to defeat. On the other hand while he wins pretty much every fight he's in he's probably not the most genuinely talented pilot in the setting. That is probably Julieta who fights at an absurdly high level of skill without an AV system.

Mika is a scary pilot but he's a scary pilot in a setting where 90% of the pilots are soft and inept whereas he's in one of the biggest pieces of gear in the setting and literally hooked into his robot. Direct comparisons to how he stands up to other Gundam pilots are hard because Mika is never thrown up against an equally talented pilot.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

Victory Haro is best Haro.

Victory Haro straight up murders people

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

An important thing to note about Mika:

Mika is viscous and brutal fighter but he pretty much never faces a single pilot on his level in the entirety of the series. The closes is genuinely and honestly probably either Gali-Gali, Julieta or an unmanned mobile AI. The first fights him alongside other people, the second never really wins a fight except insomuch she doesn't die, and the last required him to cripple himself and trash his robot to defeat. On the other hand while he wins pretty much every fight he's in he's probably not the most genuinely talented pilot in the setting. That is probably Julieta who fights at an absurdly high level of skill without an AV system.

Mika is a scary pilot but he's a scary pilot in a setting where 90% of the pilots are soft and inept whereas he's in one of the biggest pieces of gear in the setting and literally hooked into his robot. Direct comparisons to how he stands up to other Gundam pilots are hard because Mika is never thrown up against an equally talented pilot.

Nah, has to go to McGillis. Dude waltzed through entire squads of enemies and took out a Gundam in a fair fight with a single-reactor suit and no Alaya-Vijnana System, and after getting a fairly basic set of whiskers and a fairly basic Gundam, he demolished a significant part of a fleet single-handed (even if Rustal was deliberately going easy on him, it's safe to say the people he killed were trying as hard as they could to not die) and fought the insane bullshit that is the Kimaris Vidar and its Alaya-Vijnana Type-E to a draw. Mind you, you do also have to give props to Galan, Crank, and Amida, who all did incredibly well with seriously crappy suits against vastly superior opponents.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 1, 2017

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mika would be a terrifying pilot to fight against since he's got the AV system and he's brutal. The fights in IBO also don't lend themselves to quick deaths since there's no quick death by beam.

However, if we're talking about pure skill, it's gotta be CCA Amuro. Amuro pretty much takes on all the ace pilots that Neo zeon can throw at them and doesn't even break a sweat. Hell he's beating newtypes in top of the line mobile suits with a crappy mass production version of the zeta. Even in his big fight wtih Amuro, arguably the best Zeon pilot ever, the worst that happens to the nu is that it loses his weapons and it's crotch get's melted. CCA Amuro is a goddamn monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Nah, has to go to [=McGillis=]. Dude waltzed through entire squads of enemies and took out a Gundam in a fair fight with a single-reactor suit and no Alaya-Vijnana System, and after getting a fairly basic set of whiskers and a fairly basic Gundam, he demolished a significant part of a fleet single-handed (even if Rustal was deliberately going easy on him, it's safe to say the people he killed were trying as hard as they could to not die) and fought the insane bullshit that is the Kimaris Vidar and its Alaya-Vijnana Type-E to a draw. Mind you, you do also have to give props to Galan, Crank, and Amida, who all did incredibly well with seriously crappy suits against vastly superior opponents.

I'm leaning towards Amida, personally. Three year old suit against an ace in the best mobile suit made since the war, and she makes her opponent feel like a joke.