Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ihatepants posted:

I applied to this as ihatepants. I remember playing with all of you guys in Marvel a while back and you all being pretty chill.

Sweet! I remember you as well. Clan stuff is acting wonky on battle.net but just know I'll get you approved. App is giving me errors galore.

HOTDOG still has roughly 45 spots left. Clans be filling up on all systems and it's great to see tons of goons playing.

It looks like this game is going to sell well for all systems. (I can't recall how Density 1 did in sales.) If I had to guess, the answer is, "Very good-like".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Neat!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

central dogma posted:

In crucible, staying on the ground is superior because slow motion jumping makes you a sitting duck, especially with kb/m.

Uh no

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

central dogma posted:

In crucible, staying on the ground is superior because slow motion jumping makes you a sitting duck, especially with kb/m.

Pubbies are like dogs and can't look up.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Minrad posted:

all the classes shoot guns. this is 85% of the gameplay really.
there's small variations in how jetpacks/glides/whatever work, per subclass
they each have 3 grenades to choose from, per subclass
they have two class abilities to choose from (titan puts up big wall or small wall, hunters roll, warlocks drop heal puddles or damage boost puddles
they each have a unique super, per subclass

Which class gets the biggest, most satisfyingly damaging guns?

I usually play strong DPS classes in MMO games and go for the 'glass cannon' type poo poo, I don't know if there's anything like that in Density 2.

Orv
May 4, 2011
In terms of feedback in both numbers and visuals per click, you're looking for handcannons.

There's no real role trinity or anything like that. In raids people end up having specific jobs, but they're typically defined by the encounter and not your class, weapon or skills choice.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Orv posted:

In terms of feedback in both numbers and visuals per click, you're looking for handcannons.

There's no real role trinity or anything like that. In raids people end up having specific jobs, but they're typically defined by the encounter and not your class, weapon or skills choice.

I mean in terms of numbers and big, big, big visuals. Also I need a minigun.

And apparently the guilds are already forming?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

HOTDOG still has roughly 45 spots left. Clans be filling up on all systems and it's great to see tons of goons playing.

Applied as 'khyron'. I didn't play the Marvel thing though.

khy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 1, 2017

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah sure I'll play

Call me. :bigtran:

Zaphod42 posted:

The game's campaign will babysit you as a new player and introduce each ability one by one slowly. The beta was just one random level from quite a bit into the game, so it doesn't explain anything. The actual game will be different.

Story missions and patrol are for 1 - 3 players. This is the vast majority of the game.

Strikes (Dungeons) are for 3 players, if you have fewer it will match you. You will have to do strikes to finish the campaign.

Raids are for 6 players, if you have fewer you can't raid. You have to find 6 players yourself. But D2 has a "look for group" tool for raids, at least. Raids are entirely optional and you don't even unlock them until endgame, but they're also VERY fancy and cool.

Yes, patrol is basically diablo destiny; its very open world.

Most of the game is patrol and repeating story missions, very diablo like. The strikes are something you do once a week for good loot or otherwise sometimes if you feel like it or if you just unlocked a new one. Raids take hours so you do them once a week or every other week.

D1 vanilla didn't do much with patrol space but the expansions came up with more fun things for people to do as groups in the open world, and I hope D2 will do more with that.

E: You get lots of bounties (quests) and run around the open world patrol space killing random dudes to complete them.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. It is informative and cool and good.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I consume fictional universe-specific wikis at an embarrassing rate so give me dumb, bloated, quirky and bad story over no story any day.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

central dogma posted:

Who told you this very wrong information?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just watched the live action trailer

It was funny, but I also just allow myself to enjoy stuff, so that may be why I liked it

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're disgusting.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Yodzilla posted:

The Warlock's air dash in the beta is hilariously loving useless. I hope they add some distance to it or something for final release or let you buff it because as it stands it's mostly for just doing when you're bored of running.

Okay guy who doesn't know what twilight garrison is.

Orv
May 4, 2011

OdinsBeard posted:

Okay guy who doesn't know what twilight garrison is.

Sorry, the what? Never heard of it.

:negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Midair jukes are arguably the most overpowered ability in all of D1. Anyone that got good at it hosed faces.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm just sad sticky grenades aren't a guaranteed kill anymore. If iron banner comes back, it's going to suck getting ability and super kills now. I don't think anyone actually managed to kill me with their super in the beta, they were always shot to death as soon as they pressed the button.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nuebot posted:

I'm just sad sticky grenades aren't a guaranteed kill anymore. If iron banner comes back, it's going to suck getting ability and super kills now. I don't think anyone actually managed to kill me with their super in the beta, they were always shot to death as soon as they pressed the button.

uh, if you have trouble getting kills on pc with the golden gun, i don't know what to tell ya

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zo posted:

uh, if you have trouble getting kills on pc with the golden gun, i don't know what to tell ya

I play a titan mostly. :negative:

Also unless they're real fast at shooting that gun, the second a hunter sets himself on fire his head explodes. It's kind of hilarious how ineffective supers are in the PVP now.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I played the beta level and strike and they were nice.

Some questions:
1. I've been experiencing some weird input lag with my mouse where in my aim freezes up. Sometimes when I hold down fire on my auto rifle it randomly stops spraying, that's a bug, right?
2. The strike has a bit of platforming and I'm required to fall down a lot. Is there a trick to negating falling damage? As a Hunter I trigger my second jump right before I land, and that works, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it.
3. The weapons that are given to you are endgame items? I really liked the exotic hand cannon for the Hunter.
4. Can you grind strikes and raids, or do they have cooldowns?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

I played the beta level and strike and they were nice.

Some questions:
1. I've been experiencing some weird input lag with my mouse where in my aim freezes up. Sometimes when I hold down fire on my auto rifle it randomly stops spraying, that's a bug, right?
2. The strike has a bit of platforming and I'm required to fall down a lot. Is there a trick to negating falling damage? As a Hunter I trigger my second jump right before I land, and that works, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it.
3. The weapons that are given to you are endgame items? I really liked the exotic hand cannon for the Hunter.
4. Can you grind strikes and raids, or do they have cooldowns?

That's some flavor of bug, yes.

That's how you do it. Timings vary per class.

Yes, by and large you will be equipping legendaries (purple) and then one exotic weapon and one exotic armor piece.

No cooldown on strikes, raid lockouts are weekly per character.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thank you! Oh and one follow-up: what I didn't like with Borderlands is that once you reach a certain level, most content becomes obsolete. Will levels scale in this game, or will you be steamrolling through content you finished as a lowbie?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

Thank you! Oh and one follow-up: what I didn't like with Borderlands is that once you reach a certain level, most content becomes obsolete. Will levels scale in this game, or will you be steamrolling through content you finished as a lowbie?

Destiny 1 at least scaled to relative levels. You did less damage to things the greater the level gap both up and down, meaning that high level dudes killed things the same speed low level dudes did in low level areas. Legionnaires, the basic Cabal enemy this time around, will always take two or three headcannon shots to kill, seven or eight AR rounds, etc.

You'll be doing patrol zones and strikes for a long time, and it'll always feel about the same level of challenging to kill things, it'll just vary in enemy composition, weapon you're using, and so on.

Orv fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 1, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

Unless they change it, then "end game items" isn't necessarily a thing in Destiny. Legendary and Exotic quality items can have their light level upgraded by cannibalizing other items with higher light levels.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
twilight garrison is useless

http://i.imgur.com/ybIKyMn.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

central dogma posted:

loving lol

:allears:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

lmao

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

khy posted:

I usually play strong DPS classes in MMO games and go for the 'glass cannon' type poo poo, I don't know if there's anything like that in Density 2.

All classes can use all guns (In D1 there was one exception, one single class specific gun per class) so that's not really a thing to worry about.

Basically its half looks and half abilities.

Titans - all armor (master chief wannabe)
Warlocks - all cloth leather jackets, some cool metal helmets (space wizards)
hunters - light armor with capes (generally the raddest looking armor)

Titans - throw down bubbles to protect
Warlocks - throw down healing / buffing auras
Hunters - dodge and solo everything

All 3 classes in this game are DPS. Titans have a slight "tank" aspect but its very minor. Warlocks have a slight "support / healer" aspect but its VERY minor. Everybody shoots bang bang guns all the time. Everybody gets grenades.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

khy posted:

Warlock is probably the closest to the idea of a glass cannon in this game, but like others said everything's mobile with access to most (all?) guns, so it's mostly just pick the one you think looks coolest b/c the armor appearance is the biggest difference between them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Class literally doesn't matter as far as clearing game content.

Pick whoever looks coolest or has a super that gives you a boner.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I will say that I tried Warlocks and though that all classes were equally as floaty and that the game just had crappy ability cooldowns. Switching to a Hunter and changing my skills up a bit made movement feel much more precise, abilities much more chainable.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Internet Explorer posted:

I will say that I tried Warlocks and though that all classes were equally as floaty and that the game just had crappy ability cooldowns. Switching to a Hunter and changing my skills up a bit made movement feel much more precise, abilities much more chainable.

Hunters are hoppy little precise bastards. Warlocks are floaty AOE lobbers and Titans are rushy punch men.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Nuebot posted:

I'm sure they won't have the same bounties

I will hella miss playing on my alt "I Stick Dudes" and sticky whoring tho

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
so if it's like diablo are there difficulty settings for content like torment? Is there any kind of matchmaking, or is everyone just terrible. I did the strike 3 times and every time had around a 10:1 kill and headshot count compared to the two randos and just ignored them and soloed it. Though to be fair one of those times one of them was my wife.

Do you get loot from the pvp? I tried a couple of those and it was o-k, felt like pistol deathmatch which I already do with mcree in overwatch. Won both but I'm assuming it has to do placements for mmr.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

khy posted:

Guns are the same among classes.
For glass can only types you can choose between hunters, dps, or warlocks, aoe/crowd control.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kassoon posted:

so if it's like diablo are there difficulty settings for content like torment? Is there any kind of matchmaking, or is everyone just terrible. I did the strike 3 times and every time had around a 10:1 kill and headshot count compared to the two randos and just ignored them and soloed it. Though to be fair one of those times one of them was my wife.

Do you get loot from the pvp? I tried a couple of those and it was o-k, felt like pistol deathmatch which I already do with mcree in overwatch. Won both but I'm assuming it has to do placements for mmr.

It's nothing like diablo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's nothing like diablo

Explain why it's sitting in my Battle.net client then, sir????

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012
Sent a join to 2c2s, just so I can have a rad clan on PC once it launches. Looking forward to taking a break from Warframe so I can play a different sort of game. A game about space magic and acrobatics and loot and oh god dammit I'll never escape this genre.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kassoon posted:

No, there aren't content-wide difficulty settings but some quests and strikes have various modifiers like "Heroic" which add extra dudes everywhere or like the Nightfalls which tossed a bunch of random modifiers on to a strike and made you do it without being able to revive one another. They usually gave better loot (more likely to have higher light levels, I don't think there was anything nightfall or heroic exclusive) than the standard difficulties.

Matchmaking exists for most things, like strikes and PVP. Everyone is still terrible.

You do get loot from PVP. After every match you get random poo poo. In the previous games there were visually unique items you could earn from the PVP, and a few rare events that got you cool stuff too. There are, presumably, more modes in the final game. There were a pretty big variety of modes in the first game.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Explain why it's sitting in my Battle.net client then, sir????

Because Blizzard loves money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Works infinitely better than sabotage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4q5SmANkLg

• Locked thread