Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Bentham turning out to not be dead was disappointing the first time, but when the second time happened it started to become funny and I hope it happens a third time, to make it better

It did happen three times. Alabasta, Goldenweek cover story, and Impel Down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I hope when Mr 2 shows up again he dies for real then they do whatever the One Piece equivalent of assembling the dragon ball would be and resurrect him

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

tap my mountain posted:

I hope when Mr 2 shows up again he dies for real then they do whatever the One Piece equivalent of assembling the dragon ball would be and resurrect him

Only the kiss of a prince can resurrect him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sanji reviving him wouldn't help much if pudding instantly kills him right after

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

:vince: :pusheen: :shittypop: :pusheen: :vince:

:discourse:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

same

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:five:

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

jassa posted:

It's funny and acceptable though, because she's ugly and/or trans! :v:

She's hot, actually. I want Uholicia to beat the poo poo out of me.

Speaking of strong women who don't need no man, Nami got STRONK. She was lugging around those cola barrels all by herself.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

loving lol dude

bondster
May 6, 2007

Larryb posted:

Wait, I thought Mr. 2 was paired with the painter girl (I forget her name) initially?

I think the deal with Mr. 2 is because he is a drag queen that he is both the male and the female part of the partnership system that Baroque Works operates on.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
also it doesn't do his powers any good to work with anyone that can't infiltrate the way he can

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pedro survives the explosion, is nursed back to health by Chopper, then dies immediately afterward upon reaching the end of his natural lifespan. I don't want this to actually happen though, because I do not want to see Carrot cry anymore, ever.

I'm okay with Perospero taking out Brook and Chopper since he's old af and obvious insanely good at using his power, even if it is a silly one. Hope we get more Pudding next chapter though.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't want this to actually happen though, because I do not want to see Carrot cry anymore, ever.

This is a very important post, and I agree.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
carrot sucks. im anti carrot

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What's neat about the Big Mom Pirates is that their officers are so powerful, but even they just wilt in the face of Big Mom's wrath.

Like Perospero just crushes Brook and Chopper like it's nothing, but just a few chapters ago he was pretty much in tears when Big Mom threatened to eat him.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
carrot is going to join and luffy is going to eat her so he can see in the dark in the final fight against blackbeard

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also, I dunno if this was ever brought up in the thread, but Katakuri apparently got retconned in the volumes as having a special Paramecia and not a Logia Devil Fruit.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Yeah logias are supposed to be elements exclusively, and dogtooth is supposed to be like megellan trebol and mr3. Oda wants us to ignore that he was cut in half that one panel

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sub Harrison posted:

Yeah logias are supposed to be elements exclusively, and dogtooth is supposed to be like megellan trebol and mr3. Oda wants us to ignore that he was cut in half that one panel

Still happenin'.

Sorta. I think.

I guess he's sorta like a combination of body modification Paramecia (like some sorta mix of Luffy + Buggy) and creation Paramecia (like Mr. 3), while everyone else can only use one?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Getting half your head blown off and not caring is like the calling card of a logia. In this chapter I actually thought it would be cool for him to just be a paramecia since it would make his powers really similar to Luffy's.

But then no turns out he just has logia powers but totally isn't a logia because reasons? Kinda lame.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Haki is so loving confusing.

I forgot this chapter had Dogtooth both getting gatling'd like above and trapping Luffy's punch inside his forearm. If these kind of powers keep appearing, we really need a chapter explaining how faux-gias work at this point. Even a couple pages of Dogtooth saying getting smashed up eats his stamina would suffice.

e: however I'm totally okay for Luffy punching fire solely for the memory of his brother. I think OP might be best enjoyed by ignoring Haki can hit logias except when there's no obvious weakness to the ability like water-crocodile and rubber-enel

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 1, 2017

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't his power literally just the candy guy's from the fourth movie? Dunno what's so hard to understand, he's a candy man.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Isn't his power literally just the candy guy's from the fourth movie? Dunno what's so hard to understand, he's a candy man.

Candy dude was a logia, Katakuri ain't.

There was also the confusion over Treble, but that got cleared up once Oda revealed that he was just a really skinny dude covering himself up in his Devil Fruit goop.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, retconning him into a Paramecia and then showing him getting blasted apart like a Logia is dumb, he should have just stayed a Logia, logic be damned.

Also please stop saying Dogtooth

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wasn't it implied as far back as Crocodile that if a Logia truly mastered their fruit that even Armament Haki wouldn't help because they would just turn into their element and doge a split second before getting hit?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I actually had a theory for a while that the Katakuri we see is a fake body made by the real one and that is why it works in a logia way because it's a body made of candy and that's it.

Bonus points if the real one's character design is really diferent in a really ugly non-badass, kinda like a reverse of that other Big Mom captain whose real body was a "badass design".

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IceBorg posted:

I actually had a theory for a while that the Katakuri we see is a fake body made by the real one and that is why it works in a logia way because it's a body made of candy and that's it.

Bonus points if the real one's character design is really diferent in a really ugly non-badass, kinda like a reverse of that other Big Mom captain whose real body was a "badass design".

We already did that this arc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It might explain his precognition, which goes beyond regular observation haki, if he needs to sit somewhere and concentrate/meditate for it to work, but uses a proxy body so he can move about.

And yes, it would be a nice reversal of Cracker.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Eh I kinda can see it Katakuri working as a paracemia.

Luffy is a rubber man and punching him in his face causes it to stretch.
Katakuri is a candy man. And like most soft candy you can just tear pieces off and mush them together again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, Buggy was a Paramecia.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
People still don't get that it's the sacrifice itself that matters not the result? Pedro along with Bon Clay etc don't know they're going to survive when they make their selfless sacrifice.

It's not like they only give the Victoria cross and the medal of honour to dead soldiers, a selfless sacrifice is recognised regardless. Would be quite perverse otherwise.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Sure but if enough people in the story survive their suicide bombings it stops feeling like a sacrifice because we know they're going to live, and it cheapens the moment.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

sharktamer posted:

People still don't get that it's the sacrifice itself that matters not the result? Pedro along with Bon Clay etc don't know they're going to survive when they make their selfless sacrifice.

It's not like they only give the Victoria cross and the medal of honour to dead soldiers, a selfless sacrifice is recognised regardless. Would be quite perverse otherwise.

This.
Just enjoy the story in the moment and stop being cynical shits trying to lessen the impact by complaining about stuff that hasn't even happened yet.

Pedro just really wanted to blow himself up! Chopper and co prevented him from doing so before. So I'm glad he got a second shot at it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just can't feel moved by the noble sacrifice of a dude I don't give a fuuuuuuck about

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm just gonna go with it being another Cracker situation.

Just a tiny dude piloting a mochi mech. A mechi.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like Pedro. :( I'm super bummed that he might be dead.

Edit: vvvvv That would explain why Luffy wasn't able to punch him, since I don't think haki works on the substances produced by paramecias, only on logias because it's still their actual body, unless I got that wrong?

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 1, 2017

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah katakuri is actually 4'2" and looks like a huge dweeb so he wears a tough looking 9' Mochi suit to compensate.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

On one hand that'd be funny on the other hand I like him a lot because of his whole "yes Mama should smash them but you can't be too careful no matter what", I appreciate that caution from such a strong guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

He does look a bit too generic "cool" though.
It'll be amazing if he's a dungbeetle Tontatta underneath or something