Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Xealot posted:

I should revisit Iron Man 3, because I definitely assumed Pepper wound up as some kind of Wolverine-healing superhuman after taking Extremis. But apparently not? Or she was "cured" or something?

Tony said something like he could fix her, which presumably meant getting rid of the Extremis, not stabilizing it. Though honestly, it'd be cooler if she had the super powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

howe_sam posted:

Tony said something like he could fix her, which presumably meant getting rid of the Extremis, not stabilizing it. Though honestly, it'd be cooler if she had the super powers.

Pepper doesn't like when Tony uses his superpower of having a flying, armored suit, so I could see her having super-regeneration and that fact never coming up again.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I thought it would be a funny/cool thing to have her be legit more powerful than him, so of course they undid it in a brief montage at the end of the film.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/IMBrettDalton/status/901587619770843136

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I too would watch boxing with two Hydra villains if it meant saving 66 bux on the PPV

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That is the douchiest shirt, goddamn.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Fuzz posted:

That is the douchiest shirt, goddamn.

Yea who the gently caress wears tshirts with pockets?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Trip!

https://twitter.com/IMBrettDalton/status/901645435445452800

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
If Simon is holding the phone to take a picture, who took the picture and got the phone in the frame :tinfoil:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Does this mean that May died?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Ojjeorago posted:

Does this mean that May died?

That's not May, it's her LMD

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's the photo from Simon's camera:
https://twitter.com/simonkass/status/901649401302605824

Still no clue who took the other photo :tinfoil:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Kind of sort of Inhumans trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014XT8PHT6s

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just got back from the IMAX Inhumans event. I'll just spoiler bar everything to be on the safe side.

The acting was rather wooden, but I honestly wonder if that was a deliberate choice because most of the characters are part of a elite ruling family and their retainers. Ramsey Barry Maximus gives a more natural performance and he's very much portrayed as a black sheep of the family, and a friend of the lower classes.

To my relief, they immediately established that yes there are Inhumans on earth and that certain segments of the population are aware of it.

I'm interested to see where the lore of it all goes..but this is probably gonna be received about as well as Iron Fist.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I cannot find the article, but Chloe Bennett said that she switched to a more white name from Wong because of hollywoods racism. Not really surprising, but it's also good to look at AoS and see its cast is even with 2 asian women, 1 latino, and a black man. Only 3 white people in the main cast, that's pretty good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kal Penn has also said that he suddenly started getting callbacks once he started putting that on his resumes instead of Kalpen Suresh Modi.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
EDIT: Here's CNN's article on Chloe: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/entertainment/chloe-bennet-hollywood-racist/index.html

I read an article today about how a startup company founded by two women created a fictitious 3rd partner with a very masculine name they would use to correspond with web developers and such and noticed an immediate improvement in treatment and service.

White male bias is alive and well and it sucks.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's funnier if you remember a 1990s movie titled The Associate with almost the same plot. Then it becomes sad when reality also works that way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't forget how female SF/Fantasy authors either have to write under a male pseudonym or only go by their initials to sell their stuff in the mainstream.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

jivjov posted:

EDIT: Here's CNN's article on Chloe: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/entertainment/chloe-bennet-hollywood-racist/index.html

I read an article today about how a startup company founded by two women created a fictitious 3rd partner with a very masculine name they would use to correspond with web developers and such and noticed an immediate improvement in treatment and service.

Big McLarge Huge? Butch Strongarm? Wilhelm von Hammerdick? Amadeus Meatrack?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Habibi posted:

Big McLarge Huge? Butch Strongarm? Wilhelm von Hammerdick? Amadeus Meatrack?

Not quite that masculine. But they did give him the last name Mann. I can't remember the given name though. Maybe Steven?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

jivjov posted:

Not quite that masculine. But they did give him the last name Mann. I can't remember the given name though. Maybe Steven?

Zepheniah Mann? Silas Mann? SAXTON HALE!?

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

jivjov posted:

It was Keith Mann.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

It was Keith Mann.

That's the one! Thank you, that was bugging me and I couldn't track the article down again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jivjov posted:

I'm not surprised. So, if I already believe something happens I'm really quick to assume that it's true and this basically fits the bill because it seems well written enough. http://imgur.com/gallery/pgzUa

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I cannot find the article, but Chloe Bennett said that she switched to a more white name from Wong because of hollywoods racism. Not really surprising, but it's also good to look at AoS and see its cast is even with 2 asian women, 1 latino, and a black man. Only 3 white people in the main cast, that's pretty good.

Why is that pretty good? Because 4 white people would have offended you? JFC.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

R-Type posted:

Don't you have a crowd to drive through somewhere?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chloe's last name was actually Wang. So yeah, sad but true in saying that if she kept it, she wouldn't have a successful career.

She doesn't get enough credit for how much she's come along. Especially as she does a lot of her own stunts.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

R-Type posted:

"Pretty good" as in the show has a good racial balance. Better check your pillowcases for holes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

R-Type posted:

No, because that much diversity in the cast of a show obviously offends you.

Ojjeorago posted:

Don't you have a crowd to drive through somewhere?
:perfect:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

R-Type posted:

Lol. Nice rap sheet, racist.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

Lol. Nice rap sheet, racist.

Dang... anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Dang... anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You /r/EmpireDidNothingWrong types disgust me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

jivjov posted:

Christ, that was the premise for the old TV drama Remington Steele in the 80s. A woman sets herself up as a private investigator but, as no one took her seriously, ends up inventing a suave, professional English 'tec to front the agency, hiring Pierce Brosnan to play him to clients while she does all the actual sleuthing work.

A bit loving depressing that poo poo like that is seen as necessary in the real world 30 years later...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just don't get it. I watched Sesame Street as a kid and obviously internalized it's LIEberal agenda, I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do remember there was a time where Asian women were all over genre TV, but I realize now that it was more out of a fetishization than anything else.

I think Joan at the end of mad men started a industrial training film company faking it was run by men.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

R-Type posted:

Well we know what the R stands for at least.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

twistedmentat posted:

I think Joan at the end of mad men started a industrial training film company faking it was run by men.

Did she? I remember she called it "Harris-Holloway" to sound more impressive; I guess by implication one of the "partners" was male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xealot posted:

Did she? I remember she called it "Harris-Holloway" to sound more impressive; I guess by implication one of the "partners" was male.

Yea, and it was only her, so that's what I assumed.

• Locked thread