Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

throw to first drat IT posted:

I don't think drug sellers are going to take out their leadership.

I don't think they are going to take out anybody, really. Especially not some beat cops who are charged to arrest them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

In happier news, the Bernergate keeps happening :allears:

quote:

Matkustajaliikenteen kilpailuttamismalli saa kyseenalaistavan vastaanoton arvostetun kansainvälisen Boston Consulting -yhtiön raportissa.

Liikenneministeriö on esittänyt, että matkustajaliikenne avataan kilpailulle vaiheittain ja VR pilkotaan useiksi yhtiöksi. Hallitus on hyväksynyt suunnitelman.

Bostonin selvityksessä on laskettu, että kilpailun avaaminen ministeriön esittämin keinoin toisi kymmenien miljoonien lisäkustannukset. Se tarkoittaisi tuleville radoilla operoiville yhtiöille 10 prosentin lisäkustannuksia. Tämä olisi vaarassa siirtyä lippujen hintoihin.

[...]

Selvitys ei ota kantaa siihen, olisiko kilpailun avaaminen suositeltavaa. Lähtökohtana on ajatus, että poliittisella päätöksellä radat avataan kilpailulle ja VR pilkotaan.

Raportti on ministeriön esityksen kannalta monin osin kriittinen, eikä sen perusteella liikenneministeriön esitys liikenteen avaamisesta vielä tuottaisi Bernerin toivomia hyötyjä.

[...]

Kilpailuttaminen esitetyllä mallilla todennäköisesti tulisi kalliiksi. Rakenteelliset kustannukset kasvaisivat 30 – 45 miljoonaa euroa, kun matkustaja- ja tavaraliikenteen kalustoa ei voisi enää hyödyntää joustavasti, radoilla toimivien yhtiöiden yhteenlasketut kustannukset kasvaisivat ja voittotavoite kasvaisi.

Hallinnon kustannukset ja valtiontuen tarve kannattamattomille reiteille kasvaisivat 20 – 30 miljoonaa.

[...]

Jotta junalippujen hinnat eivät nousisi noin kymmenellä prosentilla kilpailutuksen tuomien kustannusten takia, konsulttiyhtiö on laskeskellut säästökuuria. Matkustajamäärän lisääminen vaatisi 10 prosentin hinnanalennuksen nykyisestä. Kattaaksen lipun hintojen laskun raiteilla toimivien operaattorien pitäisi pystyä alentamaan kustannuksia kymmenillä miljoonilla euroilla.

Konsulttiyhtiö pitää säästöjä vaikeina toteuttaa, koska säästöjä on jo tehty ja konsulttiselvityksen mukaan niitä on myös suunnitteilla.

Invisible hand can't fail, it can only be failed! #suomi100

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

But the police? I asked, very politely, if without a police force and a justice system, what would stop me from pummeling yout to half-death (guys were like 150lbs pasty geeks from a poo poo university pre-SJW, I'm a scary 230lbs ogre with scars) and just taking their phones and wallets and walking away.

Weird party where they have 300 lbs of straw just lying around.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?

I understand your sentiment, maybe you don't live in Helsinki and think this cannot be real, but this was... actually, like, a real situation.

These guys who look like Skrillex had never thought about "what am I going to do if someone just beats me up and steals my phone and there is nobody to go to. No police. No nothing.". They had never figured out their existence is partly made possible by the police.

WTF.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
And then everybody stood up and clapped.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
There are some really dumb people around, so whatever, maybe it did happen. "No police" is not the position of the Greens or any other political party though, so thanks for the anecdote about some dudes you met at a party.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Herman Merman posted:

Has there been a single case of retribution against a Finnish cop or their family by organized crime?

In Turku at least: Yes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Herman Merman posted:

Why is it exactly that cops need to wear balaclavas, ever?

So drug lords can't tell if the cops they are bribing aren't still busting their businesses.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Käytetään kiloja, ei paunoja, kiitos.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Rappaport posted:

As it turns out Suomi 100 isn't a celebration, it's a time limit.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ligur posted:

But the police? I asked, very politely, if without a police force and a justice system, what would stop me from pummeling yout to half-death (guys were like 150lbs pasty geeks from a poo poo university pre-SJW, I'm a scary 230lbs ogre with scars) and just taking their phones and wallets and walking away.

No answer. They were freaking out. poo poo! "I couldn't do anything about that if you decided you want my wallet :(

Acknowledging poo poo this like this is good though. Civilization and democracy are all that stands between ogres taking your poo poo, whether the ogres in question be cops or robbers.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

Acknowledging poo poo this like this is good though. Civilization and democracy are all that stands between ogres taking your poo poo, whether the ogres in question be cops or robbers.

All, literally all, to quote Jerry "no cops" fuckheads think that without cops they could have their way with everyone who disagrees.

No, snowflakes, it doesn't go like that.

The police are the people who protect all the poo poo nobody likes. If not for the police kemberboyd, rexroom and stefu would not like the reality they live in. There would be nobody to protect these guys.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yes, but cops being under democratic oversight is equally important. Look at the US, cops murder people all the time and don't get convicted of anything. There's a lot of whining around but we have it pretty good here compared to most places.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

And then everybody stood up and clapped.

And the name of that Skrillex? Albert Einstein.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The belief that without the police radical left-wingers would have their way is hilarious. No, snowflakes, it would not be very fun for you.

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.
Drunk posting your violent fantasies at 10 am while also self identifying as an ogre is the most ligur thing. If somehow he could include some uhriutuminen it would be the perfect package.

Also I don't think stretch marks count as scars.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fated To Be Fat posted:

Drunk posting your violent fantasies at 10 am while also self identifying as an ogre is the most ligur thing. If somehow he could include some uhriutuminen it would be the perfect package.

Also I don't think stretch marks count as scars.

Valmis Helsingin Sanomien toimittaja havaittu.

edit: hoidetaampa se uhrisektori samaan syssyyn kun unohtui: jengi väittää, että olen natzisti

Ligur fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Sep 2, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
*shits out a stream of rich black permfrost which solidifies mid-flight into an ice spear that pierces the heart of this thread, killing it instantly^

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Don't know if it's more sad that ligur sew the need to share his story of him totally owning some Skrillexes by totally not threatening them, that he then went on to ramble about his totally normal fantasies of what would happen to them lefties if the cops weren't around or that he literally doesn't get how all this makes him look.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Minusta on surullista, että aikuiset (todennäköisesti, ei voi olla varma) ihmiset kuvittelevat, että olisipa elämä yhtä pullaa jos vaan ei olisi niitä poliseja ja virkavaltaa. Jos niillä on vielä konepistooli niin sitten on kaikki pilalla! Ketjun rexroomit ja kemperit taitavat olla nimittäin mielipiteineen ihan tosissaan.

Antifan naamasuojatut pällit saisivat rauhassa heitelle pulloja 612-marssin mummeleiden päähän, sitten olisi yhteiskunnan vikatilat korjattu. Ei vittu taida ihan oikeasti mennä niin.

Mitä väkivaltafantasioihin tulee niin en ole toivonut tällä palstalla kenenkään kuolemaa syöpään tai perheeni kuolemaa tulipaloon yms mitä eri vasemmistoilaiset ovat minulle täällä toivoneet suvaitsevaisuuspäissään, ja se on ihan vitun sama mitä joku Cerebral Bore ajattelee miltä vaikutan koska kyseinen likasanko on kuitenkin sitä mieltä, että olen hitlernatsi. Helvetin itkupilli, mene turvalliseen tilaan.

edit:

doverhog posted:

Yes, but cops being under democratic oversight is equally important. Look at the US, cops murder people all the time and don't get convicted of anything. There's a lot of whining around but we have it pretty good here compared to most places.

Ai näinkö on, pollarit jenkeissä murhaa vaan vapaasti porukkaa. Onkohan luettu vähän liikaa taas Hesaria vai mistä on kyse?

doverhog posted:

There are some really dumb people around, so whatever, maybe it did happen. "No police" is not the position of the Greens or any other political party though, so thanks for the anecdote about some dudes you met at a party.

It was meant to be an example of how poorly thought the "no police, police is fascist (if they don't agree with me)" position is. Yes it did happen. No, I don't think the Greens want to vaporize the police or whatever.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 2, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It's good the police were there to stop ligur from doing anything too rash. :v:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Arvelen, että tietyissä porukoissa tuota tullaan kauhistelemaan fasismin nousuna (esim. tämä ketju). Marco de Wit vai kuka vittu se on varmaan johtamassa operaatiota Pekka Siitoimen kanssa.

Kaikki torille marssimaan pahaa vastaan.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Ligur posted:

Ai näinkö on, pollarit jenkeissä murhaa vaan vapaasti porukkaa. Onkohan luettu vähän liikaa taas Hesaria vai mistä on kyse?

They are trained to shoot to kill, and shoot people to death pretty often, and don't get convicted for doing so even when the suspect was unarmed and running away, or laying down with his hands on his head. Finnish police didn't even kill the knife-man in Turku.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Sieltähän se uhriutuminen tuli lol

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
Guns kill people even if you don't aim for center of mass, as explained to me by a Finnish policeman i knew. If you look at the videos where american cops kill people, you'll notice that one huge difference is that those cops keep pointing their gun at people until they die in a puddle of their own blood, whereas Finnish cops are trained to administer first aid and call for an ambulance right away after shooting someone and confirming they aren't dangerous anymore. I assume that because guns are used so rarely, there's an actual capacity to make sure that protocol is followed when people get shot, and individual fear or laziness doesn't lead to unnecessary gunshot deaths in the same way.

EDIT: I left it unclear, but IIRC he said that finnish cops in fact are trained to aim for center of mass, because guns are only used when there's an actively dangerous person there, priority one against those people is to stop them, and what is done after shooting someone tends to be more important for preserving their life than where they were shot.

uncop fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 2, 2017

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

doverhog posted:

They are trained to shoot to kill, and shoot people to death pretty often, and don't get convicted for doing so even when the suspect was unarmed and running away, or laying down with his hands on his head. Finnish police didn't even kill the knife-man in Turku.

Mutta nyt tuli partioautoon ämpeefemmat, ja ruumispinot kasvavat varmasti koska olen vasemmistolainen superhörhö. Double tap osuu kehoon ja Hitler äänestetään presidentiksi. Jos ei vielä niin ihan kohta.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rappaport posted:

Is everything you disagree with a gate now?

Anyway, very difficult to take this particular YLE reporter seriously when she can't even get the name of the company (Boston Consulting Group) right (it's not known as Boston Consulting or Boston). It speaks quite a bit to her knowledge of business, or her ability to read the report she linked.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I debated briefly between -gate and -ghazi, but that time the classic felt better. I'll pick -ghazi next time, thanks!

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Anyway, very difficult to take this particular YLE reporter seriously when she can't even get the name of the company (Boston Consulting Group) right (it's not known as Boston Consulting or Boston). It speaks quite a bit to her knowledge of business, or her ability to read the report she linked.

It's very difficult to take your posts seriously when you can't even get the name of the company (Yle) you're criticizing right (it's not known as YLE).

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Ligur posted:

Antifan naamasuojatut pällit saisivat rauhassa heitelle pulloja 612-marssin mummeleiden päähän, sitten olisi yhteiskunnan vikatilat korjattu. Ei vittu taida ihan oikeasti mennä niin.

Yes, all of the people taking part in the 612-marssi were just lil old grandmas paying their respects to the veterans and not literal loving neo-nazis, are you absolutely sure this is the hill you want to die on since you've been pushing this "innocent elderly folk attacked by antifa scum" myth for quite a while now?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol if you think ligur will ever not die on the hill of defending the fash.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

DanTheFryingPan posted:

It's very difficult to take your posts seriously when you can't even get the name of the company (Yle) you're criticizing right (it's not known as YLE).

Tbf I'm pretty sure they used to stylize their abbreviation as "YLE" for several years until their most recent rebranding (now it's "yle", all lowercase). I totally thought it's YLE rather than Yle myself until I checked just now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
TBF I think it's hard to take GP seriously anyway because he thinks privatizing the railroads is a good idea.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Zat posted:

Tbf I'm pretty sure they used to stylize their abbreviation as "YLE" for several years until their most recent rebranding (now it's "yle", all lowercase). I totally thought it's YLE rather than Yle myself until I checked just now.

It speaks quite a bit to his ability to read the article he commented on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Shut up Geriatric Piegate.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
But guys you just don't understand that those consultant reports that say the government's privatization plan is bad are WRONG whereas the ones that say it's really really good are RIGHT because

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

But guys you just don't understand that those consultant reports that say the government's privatization plan is bad are WRONG whereas the ones that say it's really really good are RIGHT because

Pretty ironic given that I actually posted a link (from YLE/yle/Yle) which discusses the differences between the reports (BCG and Spring Advisor vs Ramboll) and concludes that the only one that even tried to measure benefits to society instead of just the cost to VR was Ramboll. As well as the fact that the Ramboll one took much longer to make and wasn't just put together in 2 weeks. That was ignored, and then the BCG report was posted so you guys could pat yourselves on the back for being so right again.

Meanwhile you keep jizzing your pants over whatever latest report estimates the costs of privatization to the state owned monopoly. What a surprise, opening up railways to competition will hurt the profits of the incumbent, I guess this means privatization is bad! It's similar to you ignoring the mountains of economic evidence on the benefits of privatization and instead repeating "therr is only 1 track!!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah, it's loving awful when the state makes money. I mean, what are they going to do with it, teach kids how to read or something? Sad!