Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, also, Veni Veni Veni and anyone else who is into Catherine, Atlus is teasing a possible sequel or remake

Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

Absolver seems alright. Anyone else playing

I heard it has save corrupting bugs on ps4 that a couple different people in the games thread have run into

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, also, Veni Veni Veni and anyone else who is into Catherine, Atlus is teasing a possible sequel or remake

Hell yeah

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

I heard it has save corrupting bugs on ps4 that a couple different people in the games thread have run into

Wtf what's the bug so I can avoid it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wtf what's the bug so I can avoid it

screech on the beach posted:

I'm done with this for a while, just got a corrupted save file on the PS4. Turn on cloud saves people.

BurningCourage posted:

it's buggy as hell. I've lost two playthroughs to unavoidable, gamebreaking bugs thus far on PS4.

Edit: So if you're on PS4, make sure to keep your saves backed up in case of bugs. First gamekilling bug happens during editing combat decks, if you spend too long in there the game will crash and take your save with it. Second bug is that sometimes, on beating a boss, it won't register as beaten, meaning that your playthrough will be in limbo from then on.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Two more for CoD

PS4 Token 1: H7TF-4RND-A3PE
PS4 Token 2: JB3G-RDNN-8ATJ

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking into building a couch coop library, what are good couch co-op games that are not FPS?
So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wished Catherine 1 was on the Vita, so I'm going to hope Catherine 2 or whatever it is gets to be on Switch.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
RE5 is pretty good, but the split screen ends up wasting a lot of screen space.

I had a good time playing through the entirety of Borderlands 2 with my brother, as well.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those absolver bugs sound horrid. Is Sony offering refundhahahahas :qq:

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

Hopper posted:

I'm looking into building a couch coop library, what are good couch co-op games that are not FPS?
So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

Overcooked

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hopper posted:

So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

rayman

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Hopper posted:

So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

A top ten of couch co-op games on PS4.

1. Rayman Legends
2. Rayman Legends
3. Rayman Legends
4. Rayman Legends
5. Rayman Legends
6. Rayman Legends
7. Rayman Legends
8. Rayman Legends
9. Rayman Legends
10. Some other poo poo

I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Fame Douglas posted:

Two more for CoD

PS4 Token 2: JB3G-RDNN-8ATJ

Snagged this one, thanks!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I hope it's an indirect sequel with the same Golden Playhouse theme, but a different story/scenario. The block-pushing mechanics were surprisingly well thought out and building on them would be pretty great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

atlus loves indirect sequels. look at persona or just smt in general

it'll probably be the same universe but different characters

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So how about them Atari 'Retro' TV Handheld and Atari 'Retro' Joystick?

I don't really see the market for this, since there are multiple Atari throwback collections out there and they don't really have the fanbase that Nintendo has. That portable also looks uncomfortable as hell.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Weavered posted:

A top ten of couch co-op games on PS4.

1. Rayman Legends
2. Rayman Legends
3. Rayman Legends
4. Rayman Legends
5. Rayman Legends
6. Rayman Legends
7. Rayman Legends
8. Rayman Legends
9. Rayman Legends
10. Some other poo poo

I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Absolutely. One of the best platformers out there with excellent music and art.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

SiKboy posted:

Nice, thanks! I assumed Premium Adventure WAS new game+.
I don't blame you, it's a weird (but kind of logical) system.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
God drat it Everybody's Golf stop making me play dress-up. I can't stop customizing. :negative:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I did the same thing I did with the PS3; I waited 4 years after launch to get the console. Just got myself a PS4 slim after avoiding spoilers and paid like 40 euros to get a half dozen games I've wanted to play. It's awesome. Goddamn this controller is the most amazing thing. Bought Witcher 3 GOTY edition, MGS5, Arkham Knight, GTA5, No Man's Sky, Shadow of Mordor and all the PS+ games I've collected for a pittance and it's awesome. Journey in 60 fps is the best thing ever. It's so nice to actually wait for new games again.

Being able to get audio into your headphones through the controller might be the most ingenious thing ever.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samuringa posted:

So how about them Atari 'Retro' TV Handheld and Atari 'Retro' Joystick?

I don't really see the market for this, since there are multiple Atari throwback collections out there and they don't really have the fanbase that Nintendo has. That portable also looks uncomfortable as hell.
Whenever they release Atari retro hardware without paddles I wonder what even the point is if its not to faithfully reproduce those games like Pong, Breakout, and Warlords that don't really work on joysticks. And then you can't even hook a second joystick into it to play Combat wtf. IDK who its for

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh, I just noticed I didn't post that in the Games Chat thread.

Uh, just pretend it's a suprise PSAtari.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This is from 1000 posts back, but lol if you don't think it's realistic for rifle bullets to penetrate brick and concrete walls. If you object on gameplay terms, fine, but then the composition of the wall doesn't matter...

HOLY gently caress FIST OF THE NORTH STAR HOLY poo poo

Lords of the Fallen is straight garbage. For example, if you use greatswords/large weapons, there is a jump attack that's a vertical slam. It's literally impossible to hit a target that you're locked on to, because the lock on puts the attack's hitbox to the right of the enemy's hitbox. Every. Single. Time. You can connect with through sheer chance. I think I got it to work 3 times in however many hours it took to beat that piece of poo poo.

And the boss fights are really terrible. Like the final boss of the game has like 4 moves, and you just dodge em and hit him for like 15 loving minutes. And I was playing with loving broken as hell max damage build. I can only Imagine if you had a less optimal build.

The magic system is worthless. you get to put down these AoE effects that only effect things within a big swirling blob of particles that literally blocks your view of what's going on. I got a badass slomo one that let me move in real time relative to slowed down enemies, but I stopped using it because it literally blocked me from seeing my character.

it's a bad game.

Fist of the North Star is gonna be great, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hopper posted:

So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

Both Knack and Knack 2 have couch co-op

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Bro Force has some flaws, but it's still really fun, especially if you are fans of 80s(and early 90s) action movies, since that's where all the references are from

OverCooked is the best one though. We call it "Choppy Game". it's real coop though, as in, you need to work together to win, one person can't carry the other. Can be stressful and you might yell at each other.

Surgery Simulator.

Blue Estate is worth a mention. It's shooter, but it's an arcade light-gun style shooter. It's really great, but it's some dark humor (it's pretty funny) and some real uh, male gaze type stuff. The main menu of the game is a stripper. So like, yeah. The gameplay is great though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hopper posted:

So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games

Dead Nation and Alienation (both from Housemarque)
Metal Slug games

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, potentially. I looks really neat, but I never got anyone to play it with me, so :(

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Snak posted:

Blue Estate is worth a mention. It's shooter, but it's an arcade light-gun style shooter. It's really great, but it's some dark humor (it's pretty funny) and some real uh, male gaze type stuff. The main menu of the game is a stripper. So like, yeah. The gameplay is great though.

How does it play if all you have is the DS4? I've heard you can (have to?) use the sixaxis to aim? Does it work well?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Snak posted:

This is from 1000 posts back, but lol if you don't think it's realistic for rifle bullets to penetrate brick and concrete walls. If you object on gameplay terms, fine, but then the composition of the wall doesn't matter...

HOLY gently caress FIST OF THE NORTH STAR HOLY poo poo

Lords of the Fallen is straight garbage. For example, if you use greatswords/large weapons, there is a jump attack that's a vertical slam. It's literally impossible to hit a target that you're locked on to, because the lock on puts the attack's hitbox to the right of the enemy's hitbox. Every. Single. Time. You can connect with through sheer chance. I think I got it to work 3 times in however many hours it took to beat that piece of poo poo.

And the boss fights are really terrible. Like the final boss of the game has like 4 moves, and you just dodge em and hit him for like 15 loving minutes. And I was playing with loving broken as hell max damage build. I can only Imagine if you had a less optimal build.

The magic system is worthless. you get to put down these AoE effects that only effect things within a big swirling blob of particles that literally blocks your view of what's going on. I got a badass slomo one that let me move in real time relative to slowed down enemies, but I stopped using it because it literally blocked me from seeing my character.

it's a bad game.

Fist of the North Star is gonna be great, though.

Lords of the Fallen is v bad but the Surge seems to be everything it wasn't, with good core mechanics and even better level design.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CordlessPen posted:

How does it play if all you have is the DS4? I've heard you can (have to?) use the sixaxis to aim? Does it work well?

That's what it's made for. It plays great using the gyros in the DS4 to aim. There's a button to manually recenter the crosshairs, which seems weird at first, but it's actually really comfortable. I had a blast playing it. There are difficulty levels. Various environments, and it's got a lot a story. Constantly, narrated and funny. There's also challenge modes and level select.

edit: ^ I am looking forward to playing the Surge when I can get it for like $20.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you play it with a move if you have one?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I do.not know.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

I do not know.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Rockstar once again shows how dumb they are by not letting you transfer your previous-gen GTA online character to current-gen whenever you want. Bye level 50-something character!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hopper posted:

So far I found:
Diablo 3
Helldivers
All Lego games
Divinity Original Sin

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Rockstar once again shows how dumb they are by not letting you transfer your previous-gen GTA online character to current-gen whenever you want. Bye level 50-something character!

I thought you could do that. I haven't tried but I saw the claim that you could carry over your progress from ps3 to ps4 on GTA online?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

I thought you could do that. I haven't tried but I saw the claim that you could carry over your progress from ps3 to ps4 on GTA online?

It was only available for a certain time, which is dumb as hell. Now you have to start from scratch if you buy GTA5 for the PS4.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Stare-Out posted:

I feel like this was still a thing just after the PS4 version came out, though? I definitely remember importing my level 13 scrub and getting a chance to fix her busted face that the PS3 character creator had regrettably produced.

EDIT: ouch, that is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wolfsheim posted:

I feel like this was still a thing just after the PS4 version came out, though? I definitely remember importing my level 13 scrub and getting a chance to fix her busted face that the PS3 character creator had regrettably produced.

EDIT: ouch, that is lovely.

It ended last March. I bought GTA 5 for PC in April. :(