Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Ignore those guys, Kale, talk to us about identity politics.

Kale posted:

People flinging poo poo and trolling each other on twitter and reacting to various interest forums 24/7 is the modern definition of identity politics to me, not to be confused with actual civil rights movement that have occurred in the past.

Kale posted:

Except when they have a way of forcing the issue. Okay cool though let's step back and do the dog pile villification now when I say this whole loving thing is stupid. Like oh not not a gamer *gasp*. The loving horror. Let's see where this goes now, probably somewhere stupid as I predicted because it always does when you inject identity politics into a discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

William Contraalto posted:

Hmm, I've been in situations kind of like yours, but I didn't start talking about how they were legally required to like me and what I said because otherwise they'd bring it up constantly. I guess I'm just not an expert socializer.

I wasn't aware I did either nor felt that way. If I was desperate for people to like me I'd be "taking the L" and just following along with the herd on things instead of actually going back and following the chain of convinces and maybe considering the possibility that the person claiming to have been misinterpreted might have actually been misinterpreted. I'm fully content with simply not being misquoted and misrepresented but if people choose to like me or my company that's definitely a nice bonus and absolutely a preference.

i am harry posted:

If you just stop posting. This all goes away.

I somehow doubt that. A couple days later it's likely somebody else being attacked and misrepresented completely. As I've tried to point out while people are busy posting sassy reaction memes it's not like it's just me getting this poo poo often.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 2, 2017

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Because it is my NAME! Because I can never have another!

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Kale posted:

Why is it important to me that people actually understand where I stand on something instead of allowing a misrepresentation to fester for another day where people can try to attack me on it again when they feel like getting down and personal and attacking other users? Why wouldn't it be? Maybe other posters don't care if others completely misrepresent theirs and other words constantly but I do. They even tried to do it again with the "you people" thing which was obviously meant to refer to posters that attacking other posters by trying to re-characterize it as some sort of race baiting thing. Not cool goons.

Anyway back to actual happening poo poo, I think anybody could have predicted that anybody that Trump feels is trying to put constraints on his ability to appear as the big boss man that makes all the decisions and has all the facts very much bigly isn't going to stay in his good graces for very long. The position of White House Chief of Staff is simply untenable under this administration and president.

Have you ever considered that you were poo poo at stating your opinion and that's why people attacked you for it

Or is it always their fault and you just wander around confused where everyone got these ideas about what you mean

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kale posted:

I wasn't aware I did either nor felt that way. If I was desperate for people to like me I'd be "taking the L" and just following along with the herd on things instead of actually going back and following the chain of convinces and maybe considering the possibility that the person claiming to have been misinterpreted might have actually been misinterpreted. I'm fully content with simply not being misquoted and misrepresented but if people choose to like me or my company that's definitely a nice bonus and absolutely a preference.

You're a sealion. A really obvious one. That's why nobody is taking you seriously.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Not sure why but no matter what happens Kale seems to be always defensive about everything and I get this weird feeling like he wants to get peeps to white knight him and tear the thread apart.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Zwiebel posted:

The entire Kelly/Trump dynamic seems like a setup for a hosed up sitcom.

"He's a by the rules general that has served his country diligently and undaunted, but he has met his greatest challenge yet with a garbage pail kid piss baby in the White House."

It's not funny without the laugh track though.

I think Kelly will try and hold on but September is going to be a stress test for the Republicans and I'm not sure how Trump is going to handle it. He doesn't care about the actual agenda items but it's unlikely to be a month for positive news. 100% legislative process, which he has no interest in, fillowed by negative coverage of compromise and failures which he gets so very pissy about.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

I somehow doubt that. A couple days later it's likely somebody else being attacked and misrepresented completely. As I've tried to point out while people are busy posting sassy reaction memes it's not like it's just me getting this poo poo often.

Well, on the face of the evidence, no, you weren't actually misinterpreted and you should probably gently caress along now.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Randbrick posted:

Because it is my NAME! Because I can never have another!

It's cool to have you back, by the way.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

As a lovely white-noise pos lurker, I have to say- this is the most entertaining derail of the past thousand pages or so.

Also, trump bad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

I love how you speak in generalities but are specific enough we all know you're just talking about KM.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Unoriginal Name posted:

Have you ever considered that you were poo poo at stating your opinion and that's why people attacked you for it

Or is it always their fault and you just wander around confused where everyone got these ideas about what you mean

Yes but then I realized it doesn't really get any loving clearer than "It's almost like it's a matter of perspective and not all that important in the grand scheme of things eh". It's funny because the person I was replying to seemed to get it no problem too.

Captain Monkey posted:

You're a sealion. A really obvious one. That's why nobody is taking you seriously.

See I thought it was cause of the whole group mentality thing. Still learning stuff today it turns out.

Well, on the face of the evidence, no, you weren't actually misinterpreted and you should probably gently caress along now.

Really what evidence was that and when was it considered cause this is something I've been trying to find out for a few pages now.

farraday posted:

I think Kelly will try and hold on but September is going to be a stress test for the Republicans and I'm not sure how Trump is going to handle it. He doesn't care about the actual agenda items but it's unlikely to be a month for positive news. 100% legislative process, which he has no interest in, fillowed by negative coverage of compromise and failures which he gets so very pissy about.

September is largely going to be about Trump and Congressional Republicans feuding openly. Hopefully it'll prove enough of a show so that what happened today never happens in this thread again.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 2, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Randbrick posted:

Nobody is leaving this loving Applebee's until everybody is god drat clear about where I stand on race war.

someone say race war?

cmon

cmon

didnt we always used to talk about wantin to do that

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kale posted:

And your problem is being dogshit at interpreting what others are saying in the worst possible light and not just accepting that what the person actually implied was the total opposite of what your saying when they've said it what...5 times now? Like seriously have you ever just considered that maybe that's it, maybe you just blew it on the interpretation completely and utterly?

I will take my most precious weapon, my posts, and I will defend my ancestral land. I will never fall.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

It is like he is intentionally riling people up or something. Why ever would someone do such a thing?

Also, the dog pile is getting old. The point was made 5 pages ago.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I love how you speak in generalities but are specific enough we all know you're just talking about KM.

This is a tactic a lot of racists on the forums use. It's another version of a dogwhistle. iirc there was even a post in qqcs saying "an abusive mod got her own forum" or some poo poo and wrote a whole dumb paragraph about me without even having the balls to @ me.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Not sure why but no matter what happens Kale seems to be always defensive about everything and I get this weird feeling like he wants to get peeps to white knight him and tear the thread apart.

I distinctly remember him wandering into negrotown doing something similar a few months ago trying to tell us racism was over or some other weak rear end take and went on and on about how it was us just misunderstanding him. It has to be a performance art.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Trabisnikof posted:

Your problem is you're blaming everyone else for your lovely post. If you didn't mean what you posted then own up to your mistake.

And you're only making it worse by assuming we all care enough for you to keep yelling about it page after page.

oh yeah wow that was p bad dude

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kale posted:

See I thought it was cause of the whole group mentality thing. Still learning stuff today it turns out.

Glad I could help. Maybe read more and post less and you'll learn even more.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

I distinctly remember him wandering into negrotown doing something similar a few months ago trying to tell us racism was over or some other weak rear end take and went on and on about how it was us just misunderstanding him. It has to be a performance art.

Outright bald faced lie but okay.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

Oh great this thread is obsessing over loving identity politics too, literally the most tortuous and inconclusive conversation and poo poo fit to come out of the internet in the past 3 year. Personally I'm more concerned about the crazy man in the White House this thread is about than whether millennials feel a given gender or minority is being championed or oppressed enough in the United States or not.

Just figured I'd resurrect this loving gem.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Another productive slap fight in the trump thread.

Thank god it's wednesday and the week is almost over. This weekend I'm going hiking in the mountains around my rural cleveland neighborhood.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

Yes but then I realized it doesn't really get any loving clearer than "It's almost like it's a matter of perspective and not all that important in the grand scheme of things eh". It's funny because the person I was replying to seemed to get it no problem too.

Really what evidence was that and when was it considered cause this is something I've been trying to find out for a few pages now.

You're not nearly as smart and enlightened as you think you are and you really need to get comfortable with the idea that you're wrong more often than you think you are. And no, the fact that you try to hide behind being calm and collected all the time doesn't work. Decorum doesn't matter when you're wrong about something as serious as all the poo poo going down in our country right now.

Don't be another one of those privileged shits that will never be affected by any of this stuff and only uses the suffering and terror of others as a means to practice their high school debate team skills.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

"Why is everyone ganging up on me just because I said I'm a flat earther? I'm telling you, when I stand on the ground, it is flat beneath my feet. Why are you so mean about it and just tell me why I'm wrong? Oh, a flat earther is someone who doesn't know the world is round? Well, why didn't you tell me that instead of just assuming when I said I was a flat earther I knew what I was talking about. I keep asking why you guys are so mean and apparently you guys didn't get the hint that you guys are so mean and ganging up on me? Why did you do that? That's so mean. DO you really think you'll get anywhere like that, how do you expect people to understand things when you tell them they're wrong and stupid just because they don't know what something means even though they've been talking about it for 20 minutes?"

hanales posted:

Another productive slap fight in the trump thread.

Thank god it's wednesday and the week is almost over. This weekend I'm going hiking in the mountains around my rural cleveland neighborhood.

Incredible.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Chilichimp posted:

The cool part about this kind of sentiment is that it's a level beyond most "ugh identity politics" articles. Those merely refuse to acknowledge the ideas, this guy goes one step further and says oppression doesn't matter. Beautiful.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kale posted:

Outright bald faced lie but okay.

Sorry I get my color blind posters mixed up

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just a racist.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I keep thinking that "Trump praised someone, they're about to be fired" meme will eventually fail to pan out, but gently caress me it's proving remarkably accurate.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe
"I don't understand why people are taking my history of posting about how racism doesn't matter today and using that to understand my current posts! It's so unfair, it's hell dumping!"

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I mean, the guy in the Google memo kept repeating this too. If he said it so many times, it must be true.

Seriously, though, we've got "virtue signalling", "identity politics", "I support civil rights but", and gamergate. Who's got an internet neofascist bingo card handy?

Koalas March posted:

If he invokes MLK, or Bernie I have a Bingo!

Kale posted:

Why are people being attacked and implied to be racist for quoting and agreeing with one of the lynchpin lines of MLK's I Have A Dream Speech? Rational explanation right around the corner I'm sure.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

The man didn't make a tweet and the kale-derail is very entertaining, but hey its a trump thread so I'm just gonna drop this here

this was just posted on the hill and I thought it was funny:

Maaatt Daaaamon posted:

“The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part,” Damon said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “Martin Brest had to write something in 'Scent of a Woman' - and the whole crew was in on it. You have to waste an hour of your day with a bullshit shot: Donald Trump walks in and Al Pacino’s like, 'Hello, Mr. Trump!' - you had to call him by name - and then he exits.”

“You waste a little time so that you can get the permit, and then you can cut the scene out," Damon said. "But I guess in “Home Alone 2” they left it in.”

Its just so...him.

I wonder how Macaulay Culkin voted

edit- too many buts (lol)

SuperMarrio fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 2, 2017

Kale
May 14, 2010

"I don't understand why people are taking my history of posting about how racism doesn't matter today and using that to understand my current posts! It's so unfair, it's hell dumping!"

I don't understand why lies lies lies, more mis-representation and lies and things people never actually said from the user that registered a week ago and I guess figures he's seizing the moment.

Chilichimp posted:

Yes the arguing around in circles with no potential of a resolution thing really is stupid to me. The soul searching that America is trying to do in the aftermath of Charlottesville (that happened literally a day after ) and trying to figure it's poo poo out I made that post is something that I think definitely needs to happen though. Sorry I just don't think things get resolved and people's quality of life improves by flinging poo poo at each other on the internet and forcing discussions about identity politics into places where they have no place.

So we're actually doing the whole "he's a racist" thing straight up now which is cool cause now I really can treat this whole tangent as a complete and utter joke and be done with it. Thanks thread.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 2, 2017

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

These last twenty pages or so have been very confusing, I was thinking Kale was just the guy with bad Celsius opinions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

Yes the arguing around in circles with no potential of a resolution thing really is stupid to me. The soul searching that America is trying to do in the aftermath of Charlottesville (that happened literally a day after ) and trying to figure it's poo poo out I made that post is something that I think definitely needs to happen though. Sorry I just don't think things get resolved and people's quality of life improves by flinging poo poo at each other on the internet and forcing discussions about identity politics into places where they have no place.

Discussions about racism have no place when discussing the Ku Klux Klan? Do you know anything, one single thing, at all?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

please don't helldump me tia

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Seriously, Kale, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not an actual pepe-posting pol/TD internet neofascist. But you're using so much of their rhetoric it's getting hard to tell.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kekekela posted:

These last twenty pages or so have been very confusing, I was thinking Kale was just the guy with bad Celsius opinions.

the plant is a mammal and the fish is a bird

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Discussions about racism have no place when discussing the Ku Klux Klan? Do you know anything, one single thing, at all?

No see you're using the wrong definitions of all those words. If you use the Alternative/Right ones, then all of a sudden it all makes sense and is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Koalas March posted:

please don't helldump me tia

No really, you should just helldump Kale.

• Locked thread