Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/GonzoHacker/status/903642303054716933

this is what the fbi considers terrorist actions. keeping tabs on fascist friendly police, carpooling, and organizing bail money.

also, they came looking for violence. not heavily armed fascists with body armor and all sorts of guns.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Sephyr posted:

That would be fine by me. Talking about ways to push the window to the left and make progressive discourse and policy viable beats having to deal with wobbly centrists trying to make excuses to themselves about why their deathgrip on the party will finally yield positive results now, if you lefties don't muck it up, just wait and see!

I don't really need to hear leftists clutching their pearls about how black people like Trevor Noah or Joy Reid are especially terrible centrists.

Look at how much effort Condiv spends in criticizing Joy Reid, a random talking head who happens to be a lovely neolib.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

shrike82 posted:

I don't really need to hear leftists clutching their pearls about how black people like Trevor Noah or Joy Reid are especially terrible centrists.

Look at how much effort Condiv spends in criticizing Joy Reid, a random talking head who happens to be a lovely neolib.

two posts?

edit: i just did an inventory of the ~1080 posts i've made in this thread, and there have been 4 posts discussing joy ann reid. 5 if you include this one.

that's a lot of effort criticizing her

Condiv fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 2, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

How is that shocking? (and the wikipedia article buries this fact but they also targeted the KKK and other white supremacist groups in that operation)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AmyDentata/status/903713707967909888

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Call Me Charlie posted:

How is that shocking? (and the wikipedia article buries this fact but they also targeted the KKK and other white supremacist groups in that operation)

yeah they did some real fine work infiltrating and suppressing the KKK

quote:

In one particularly controversial 1965 incident, white civil rights worker Viola Liuzzo was murdered by Ku Klux Klansmen, who gave chase and fired shots into her car after noticing that her passenger was a young black man; one of the Klansmen was Gary Thomas Rowe, an acknowledged FBI informant. The FBI spread rumors that Liuzzo was a member of the Communist Party and had abandoned her children to have sexual relationships with African Americans involved in the Civil Rights Movement.

i wonder how many klansmen the FBI assassinated as part of cointelpro? i know for sure they assassinated a bunch of black panthers

Condiv fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 2, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

uh, didn't you see all the breathless articles wringing their hands about antifa violence? they must've killed thousands by now!

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Joy Ann Reid doesn't hate transgendered people, she hates Chelsea manning and her politics. Similarly, Condiv doesn't hate black women, he just hates joy Ann Reid and her politics.

Condiv, you never tried to answer the question: if criticizing antifa makes you a fascist sympathizer, why doesn't criticizing democrats make you a trump sympathizer? This seems pretty relevant for you in particular, because you also regurgitate trump's propaganda whenever you think it's useful as a bludgeon against the democrats. And given that the person most responsible for the recent rise in nazi and white supremacist violence is Donald Trump, doesn't that make you a fascist supporter, as well?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

JeffersonClay posted:

Joy Ann Reid doesn't hate transgendered people, she hates Chelsea manning and her politics. Similarly, Condiv doesn't hate black women, he just hates joy Ann Reid and her politics.

well hold up now lets not put words in Condiv's mouth, yeah?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Because Democrats aren't anti-Trump, they only resist his most egregious ideas. Hillary wanted him to win the primary, remember.

Also, no one wants you here, get out you fascist sympathizer. If you hate antifa, you're pro fascism.

E: vvv oh god, accusations of racism, right on cue. She's on TV, she's visible, that's why she gets criticized. Also she has really really dumb ideas.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

I honestly don’t get why Joy Reid is being targetted beyond her being a black woman. Is she an actual Dem operative because afaik, she’s just a MSNBC talking head.

There are tons of white dudes with equivalent neolib attitudes.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
fyi shrike82 is the pro-est ignore in this thread

like if you were thinking about ignoring JeffersonClay and not shrike82 you're making a grave mistake - he's a bot made of human flesh

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Because Democrats aren't anti-Trump, they only resist his most egregious ideas. Hillary wanted him to win the primary, remember.

Also, no one wants you here, get out you fascist sympathizer. If you hate antifa, you're pro fascism.

E: vvv oh god, accusations of racism, right on cue. She's on TV, she's visible, that's why she gets criticized. Also she has really really dumb ideas.

Democrats arent anti trump--probably the stupidest assertion in this thread. Like do you think you're doing the left any favors by making the dumbest arguments imaginable on their behalf? Do you want me to quote people in this thread losing their poo poo at the suggestion democrats might base their strategy entirely around opposing trump?

For the record I do not hate antifa and I find their nazi punching very cathartic. Whether it's going to pay any political dividends, or any more than nonviolent direct action, I'm more skeptical.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Dems are not anti-Trump in the same way that antifa is anti-fascist.

The Dems are willing to work with Trump in certain cases. They admit he occasionally has good points. They long to reach across the aisle and reform taxes so the donors are happy.

Antifa does not give fascism any quarter. They have total dedication to the removal of fascism. It's not an equal comparison.

Eta: seriously, can we just get a mod to ban JC from this thread? I actually enjoy the discussion that can happen when we're not all trying to dunk on JC. He is actively hindering productive discussion.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 2, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand you do have the tools to ignore him entirely.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

On the other hand you do have the tools to ignore him entirely.

Yea but enough of the thread (myself included) doesn't have the discipline to do that, he's just so easy to mock. But he monopolizes the conversation, so let's just ban him from the thread.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

get out fascist sympathizer no-one wants you here. Go be a racist shithead elsewhere

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Calibanibal posted:

well hold up now lets not put words in Condiv's mouth, yeah?

it's pretty amusing that Jc would imply I'm racist. I don't think I've ever been probated for racism unlike JC.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

The Dems are not anti-Trump in the same way that antifa is anti-fascist.

The Dems are willing to work with Trump in certain cases. They admit he occasionally has good points. They long to reach across the aisle and reform taxes so the donors are happy.

Antifa does not give fascism any quarter. They have total dedication to the removal of fascism. It's not an equal comparison.

Eta: seriously, can we just get a mod to ban JC from this thread? I actually enjoy the discussion that can happen when we're not all trying to dunk on JC. He is actively hindering productive discussion.

Imagine I posted Feinstein's recent "we have to give trump a chance!" bullshit here

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

Democrats arent anti trump--probably the stupidest assertion in this thread.
Well, fuckers like Trevor Noah are really starting to come around to Trump's initial statement after Charlottesville. I guess he's not technically a Democrat, though.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Here's the actual source on that statistic.

https://www.splcenter.org/20140401/white-homicide-worldwide

It's a global stat from 2014 that includes Anders Behring Breivik (69 deaths alone) and a variety of non-hate crime familicide incidents. Not to downplay the actual violence from white supremacists, because it does happen when these losers break and the public's attention span isn't that big when it comes to remembering small events, but it's important to view the threat as it is.

Condiv posted:

yeah they did some real fine work infiltrating and suppressing the KKK

i wonder how many klansmen the FBI assassinated as part of cointelpro? i know for sure they assassinated a bunch of black panthers

My point was more it isn't a left or right thing. This is something the FBI has been doing for decades. Fred Hampton was murdered because they were terrified that he'd be the great unifier that would bring together all the black power movements nationwide and transcend race (which if you've ever watched the fantastic documentary, The Murder Of Fred Hampton, you can hear that they weren't wrong in that belief)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-JVliecLo

If you're actually interested in what the FBI did to white supremacists groups during cointelpro, here's a good PDF on the subject. It's extremely interesting stuff, even though we'll never know the full reach of the program (or, you know, if it ever actually stopped)

https://journals.ku.edu/amerstud/article/download/3133/3913

Rodiel
Apr 9, 2007
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/GonzoHacker/status/903642303054716933

this is what the fbi considers terrorist actions. keeping tabs on fascist friendly police, carpooling, and organizing bail money.

also, they came looking for violence. not heavily armed fascists with body armor and all sorts of guns.

"using hand held radios" is the thing that stands out to me here. is everyone with a smart phone assumed to be a criminal now?

Rodiel
Apr 9, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

Democrats arent anti trump--probably the stupidest assertion in this thread. Like do you think you're doing the left any favors by making the dumbest arguments imaginable on their behalf? Do you want me to quote people in this thread losing their poo poo at the suggestion democrats might base their strategy entirely around opposing trump?

For the record I do not hate antifa and I find their nazi punching very cathartic. Whether it's going to pay any political dividends, or any more than nonviolent direct action, I'm more skeptical.

liberals have a history of siding with fascists to defeat leftists, anyone who doesnt take this into account is looking for trouble

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

it's pretty amusing that Jc would imply I'm racist.

I clearly stated that you weren't, why are you so goddamn terrible at reading?

JeffersonClay posted:

Condiv doesn't hate black women, he just hates joy Ann Reid and her politics.

Condiv posted:

Imagine I posted Feinstein's recent "we have to give trump a chance!" bullshit here

Dianne Feinstein says dumb thing that she walks back =/= democrats support trump. And while it's bad to suggest trump might be able to get better by learning from his mistakes, at least Feinstein didn't regurgitate a bunch of trump's propaganda, as you do compulsively.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JeffersonClay posted:

Dianne Feinstein says dumb thing that she walks back =/= democrats support trump. And while it's bad to suggest trump might be able to get better by learning from his mistakes, at least Feinstein didn't regurgitate a bunch of trump's propaganda, as you do compulsively.

Go away

Rodiel
Apr 9, 2007

JeffersonClay posted:

Dianne Feinstein had no credibility to begin with, and if you think she deserves the benefit of the doubt you are a rube

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
e: ugh gently caress, sorry

Mr Hootington posted:

Quit responding to Jefferson clay you God damned morons. It isn't practice. Practice would be going to the gun range.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Get out fascist sympathizer, no one wants you here

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

This thread not being able to police a single troll is a good summary of why decentralized, non-hierarchical protest orgs like antifa and OWS always fail

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

shrike82 posted:

This thread not being able to police a single troll is a good summary of why decentralized, non-hierarchical protest orgs like antifa and OWS always fail

It's not but also you're an idiot, gently caress off

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Condiv posted:

The FBI spread rumors that Liuzzo was a member of the Communist Party and had abandoned her children to have sexual relationships with African Americans involved in the Civil Rights Movement.

that's just sick
*insert fbi twitter's "happy birthday mlk" tweet*

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This thread

https://twitter.com/BreeNewsome/status/903840843173429249

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

shrike82 posted:

Positions like "democrats and republicans are not the same" and "democrats are opposed to trump" aren't trolling or in bad faith. This thread is easy to rile up because it's full of terrible posters with terrible opinions who are looking for the comfort of an echo chamber that I'm happy to disrupt.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JeffersonClay posted:

Positions like "democrats and republicans are not the same" and "democrats are opposed to trump" aren't trolling or in bad faith. This thread is easy to rile up because it's full of terrible posters with terrible opinions who are looking for the comfort of an echo chamber that I'm happy to disrupt.

SHUT THE gently caress UUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

STOP POSTING! JUST loving STOP! WE ALL WANT TO TALK ABOUT DIFFERENT poo poo NOW!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

STOP POSTING! JUST loving STOP! WE ALL WANT TO TALK ABOUT DIFFERENT poo poo NOW!

click the ignore button jesus christ

this is not a good look

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
If you make a thread called "the democrats are a waste" in debate and discussion, you should probably be prepared to see arguments like "no they aren't" without melting down.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 2, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

bernout.txt

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

similar to how the texas thread mostly involves arguments over whether or not texas actually exists

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

trevor noah: punching fascists is bad! violence even against nazis is not the answer!

also trevor noah: https://twitter.com/voldemortsbicep/status/903689255720976390

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

And white comedians like Jon Oliver have made a thousand Chris Brown beating jokes?
Pretty odd to keep on focusing on Trevor Noah.

• Locked thread