Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

pretty wild that on a page with multiple posts from the ssj naruto dude, this is somehow the worst one. goongrats

e; friendly reminder that people thought the old refund estimate of 40% was to low already, and the current refund that they're saying is 20-25%.

1v1 me but only if i get to play lux and you have to play whoever is the weakest char vs lux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Fuzz1138 posted:

I ended up with a whopping profit of about 72 BE after conversion. That's uh... 0.45%.

If it weren't for the random BE drops from the shards I would have lost out on the deal. Bad luck I guess. :shrug:
Hopefully they don't lower the conversion too far from 6.5.

Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, but I figure may as well. I forgot about the random blue drops huh. I've only got enough for ~7 but EV is still higher I guess~

Tea Kettle
Feb 23, 2014
So i haven't played lol since they released catfish man, whats changed in ~2 years? is it still the same game or has it morphed into something worse?

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Unpopular opinion: Garen is cruise control for wins in silver/gold. He's perhaps the easiest champ to farm on which lets you focus on trades and so on.

BC, swifties, youumus, dead man's and then whatever makes you a split pushing nightmare that can duel nearly anyone and cruise around the map at a billion miles an hour, assassinate villains before your silence duration is up, and escape easily with all his native and kit tenacity.

Plus he yells a lot and I'm into that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tea Kettle posted:

So i haven't played lol since they released catfish man, whats changed in ~2 years? is it still the same game or has it morphed into something worse?

supports are buying things which is reducing the classism in the game caused by wealth disparity

Shelvocke posted:

Unpopular opinion: Garen is cruise control for wins in silver/gold. He's perhaps the easiest champ to farm on which lets you focus on trades and so on.

BC, swifties, youumus, dead man's

garden is good dude. no idea about the build, that seems a little questionable, but garden has some nice trades and you can put a lot of pressure on the map

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

pretty wild that on a page with multiple posts from the ssj naruto dude, this is somehow the worst one. goongrats

e; friendly reminder that people thought the old refund estimate of 40% was to low already, and the current refund that they're saying is 20-25%.

Rygar201 posted:

Man this is a really stupid take.

If you honestly expected something more than an icon and 0% refund from riot, it is indeed you who has the stupidest take of all, my friends.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

pog boyfriend posted:

garden is good dude. no idea about the build, that seems a little questionable, but garden has some nice trades and you can put a lot of pressure on the map

Well

Assassin garen best garen
Other games left for flavour

Shelvocke fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 2, 2017

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

If you honestly expected something more than an icon and 0% refund from riot, it is indeed you who has the stupidest take of all, my friends.

As someone who has been doing online gaming since the mid-90's it really does floor me to see a company actually do something to reward people who invested into existing mechanics when changing them. The common refrain in the industry used to be that your "reward" was all the time you got to enjoy using whatever old thing back when it was relevant. Are entitled millennials ruining the welfare epics industry??

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

foutre posted:

Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, but I figure may as well. I forgot about the random blue drops huh. I've only got enough for ~7 but EV is still higher I guess~

I dont think the essence drops are random, but rather a set amount based on the champ's IP price, eg +110BE anytime you get a 450 champ shard.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

They have fully refunded things in the past, and previously discussed a more substantial refund.

Quit shifting the goal posts too. Firstly you said this deal was"Riot getting hosed in the rear end" presumably implying it's terrible for Riots and great for players, but now your just saying people are stupid for expecting anything at all. Which is it?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

They have fully refunded things in the past, and previously discussed a more substantial refund.

Quit shifting the goal posts too. Firstly you said this deal was"Riot getting hosed in the rear end" presumably implying it's terrible for Riots and great for players, but now your just saying people are stupid for expecting anything at all. Which is it?

It can be both. He's saying that people are dumb to expect anything at all, and that by doing anything at all Riot is loving themselves out of opportunity cost.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

i don't care about that, my refunds for now useless rune pages purchased with RP are random loving 1350 RP cost skins.

Like, just give me 1350 RP riot...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why does it have to be random? because racism

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Love too carry water for giant corporations

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The refund is poo poo. Saying that we're lucky to be getting one at all is so insanely stupid I can't even begin to fathom the levels of riot dick-suckery you have to be on to make that statement. Runes weren't an optional thing, they were required. It's insane to act like you didn't have to buy them. The amount of ip that champions cost and runes cost were directly competitive to ensure you had to prioritize one over the other. They did this to try and drive people to buying champions with rp, since they were the only option of the two that you could buy with real money. Some people did this, not all people did. By removing this ip cost split, yes they will lose a small amount of money but not a substantial amount. They make the most amount of money on skins. When they released championship zed last year for worlds, they cleared something like 20 million dollars off of that skin alone. They're about to release a new set of skins for what is undoubtedly their most profitable line. The only ip cost item in the game anymore is gonna be champions. They are only losing rp sales on champions at the low end of the ip spectrum, because if you're the kind of player who will be losing a substantial amount of ip that was spent on runes, then there's a high likelihood you haven't spent rp on champions in a very long time. At a 60% refund they'd see a very small dip in rp spent on champions, but the goodwill earned from players would have outweighed that cost. A 40% refund still sucks, but it's acceptable at the end of the day. A 20% refund is almost as awful as nothing at all.

Also what's with the mentality of "well in the old days, we got jack poo poo and liked it!" Sorry that times have changed, idiot, but companies have to cater to players to maintain user bases, you're not allowed to gently caress over your users anymore

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

personally i do not care about the rune refund thing at all. riot could have gave me nothing and i would not care

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

The refund is poo poo. Saying that we're lucky to be getting one at all is so insanely stupid I can't even begin to fathom the levels of riot dick-suckery you have to be on to make that statement. Runes weren't an optional thing, they were required. It's insane to act like you didn't have to buy them. The amount of ip that champions cost and runes cost were directly competitive to ensure you had to prioritize one over the other. They did this to try and drive people to buying champions with rp, since they were the only option of the two that you could buy with real money. Some people did this, not all people did. By removing this ip cost split, yes they will lose a small amount of money but not a substantial amount. They make the most amount of money on skins. When they released championship zed last year for worlds, they cleared something like 20 million dollars off of that skin alone. They're about to release a new set of skins for what is undoubtedly their most profitable line. The only ip cost item in the game anymore is gonna be champions. They are only losing rp sales on champions at the low end of the ip spectrum, because if you're the kind of player who will be losing a substantial amount of ip that was spent on runes, then there's a high likelihood you haven't spent rp on champions in a very long time. At a 60% refund they'd see a very small dip in rp spent on champions, but the goodwill earned from players would have outweighed that cost. A 40% refund still sucks, but it's acceptable at the end of the day. A 20% refund is almost as awful as nothing at all.

Also what's with the mentality of "well in the old days, we got jack poo poo and liked it!" Sorry that times have changed, idiot, but companies have to cater to players to maintain user bases, you're not allowed to gently caress over your users anymore

aren't mobile games like incredibly popular and huge profit margins while loving over their players constantly

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

personally i do not care about the rune refund thing at all. riot could have gave me nothing and i would not care

Yeah, pretty much. I wouldn't say no to them refunding more, but I spent that ip forever ago not expecting to have any of it back so whatever

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there are always people who stick around through controversy because they're prone to loss aversion. sometimes they can keep even a seemingly dying game on life support for ages.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I legit don't get why people are getting so mad about not getting a refund on stuff they spent a free currency type on.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here posted:

Running online services costs real money.

Opportunity costs exist.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lots of corporate dicksuckery going on

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

lots of corporate dicksuckery going on

i am not, i just genuinely do not care in the slightest about the refund, and i am more surprised that people care about the refund rather than the fact that the number is what it is

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are you so surprised that people want their stuff back

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Addamere posted:

that by doing anything at all Riot is loving themselves out of opportunity cost.

I mean this isn't really true. The backlash from not giving a refund would be a very real cost to the company that they seem to think would be greater than whatever they lose via refunds.

There's pretty clearly some middle ground between no refunds and a full refund that will best balance player retention /satisfaction with making sure people aren't just set on currency indefinitely.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

foutre posted:

I mean this isn't really true. The backlash from not giving a refund would be a very real cost to the company that they seem to think would be greater than whatever they lose via refunds.

There's pretty clearly some middle ground between no refunds and a full refund that will best balance player retention /satisfaction with making sure people aren't just set on currency indefinitely.

yeah and after analyzing the stats they have chosen this

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Woe is the major multinational corporation, being expected to treat its customers well.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

I legit don't get why people are getting so mad about not getting a refund on stuff they spent a free currency type on.

Methanar posted:

Running online services costs real money.

Opportunity costs exist.

Except it's not entirely free. The phrase "time is money" isn't something that applies to corporate. Opportunity cost for the end user is just as real as(and arguably more important than) the company's.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

Except it's not entirely free. The phrase "time is money" isn't something that applies to corporate. Opportunity cost for the end user is just as real as(and arguably more important than) the company's.

yeah man you would totally spend the time you otherwise invest into playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS doing something useful like curing cancer or loving supermodels ROFLMFAO shut the gently caress up ur an idiot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Hey guys. why come the new guy's bad? Why come he's poo poo?

Is he a jungle? Supporting? Top tank?... Who knows.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats teikanmi, you're no longer the worst post on the page

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vayne doing less damage than sej or full support ardent sona

also she never bought a GA against a fed shaco

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Addamere posted:

yeah man you would totally spend the time you otherwise invest into playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS doing something useful like curing cancer or loving supermodels ROFLMFAO shut the gently caress up ur an idiot

are you saying people's time aren't valuable? literally what point are you making

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Luna Was Here posted:

I would consider the time I've put into the game time (granted, this is probably less time than you've likely put into it over several years) spent playing a videogame I enjoy (most of the time), not time spent grinding out a resource.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

are you saying people's time aren't valuable? literally what point are you making

the vast majority of humans have their time valued at a laughably minuscule value; else, capitalism would not work

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ornn is pretty underwhelming

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Ornn is pretty underwhelming

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Camel Camus posted:

Is he a jungle? Supporting? Top tank?... Who knows.

He doesn't really do much outside of cc. Like his cc is pretty dang good, but once he's used his cooldowns he's basically a Sunfire cape on legs. Maybe he could be a support but I don't think he has the initiation range or the ability to disengage to pull it off effectively. I'm sure faker will play him mid and make me eat my words though

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

He doesn't really do much outside of cc. Like his cc is pretty dang good, but once he's used his cooldowns he's basically a Sunfire cape on legs. Maybe he could be a support but I don't think he has the initiation range or the ability to disengage to pull it off effectively. I'm sure faker will play him mid and make me eat my words though

watched a video today of faker playing teemo and it was pretty hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Camel Camus posted:

I think Scarra put it best: he feels ridiculously clunky to play (mainly with how his W works), his Q and E are underwhelming, and he does next to no damage unless he's able to get his full combo off, which is hard to do.

• Locked thread