Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Getsuya posted:

I wish there were more mecha novels/light novels. Are there even any, aside from the Gundam novels and Full Metal Panic?

There's a handful but outside of Robotech and Battletech most novels involving mecha don't get bigger than basic power armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
If anyone would like to watch, I'm streaming SRW Alpha Gaiden right now.

EDIT: Would anyone happen to know the best sound plugin for emulating Alpha Gaiden, I'm going bonkers from the slowdown.

Was a mostly good stream, it would have been better had the emulator not hosed up for like 2 hours. I'll be continuing tomorrow and we're finally getting out of AGs extended prologue.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 30, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I hope you guys are ready for post-La Gias 2nd OG!

edit: stream over

I somehow made twitch affiliate for my dumbass streams, so anyone who subs can get this as a global emote

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 1, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hokuto posted:

I hope you guys are ready for post-La Gias 2nd OG!

I somehow made twitch affiliate for my dumbass streams, so anyone who subs can get this as a global emote

I keep missing these due to my bullshit twitch schedule but thank god we can now show people the power of lee

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My stream is over until next week but here's some screenshots from the last few sessions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Haha, who is Kurz's man crush on? I don't remember that part.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Haha, who is Kurz's man crush on? I don't remember that part.

It's from a DLC mission. I think it was something like Banjo and Athrun were intentionally put in charge of all the horndog dudes for a patrol because they were being jealous about the two of them getting all the ladies? And by the end of the mission they are all bros again because Arthrun risked his life for them or something along those lines.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish I could put Captain Beecha in charge of the Nahel Argama.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

MonsieurChoc posted:

You can in Genesis

You can also make a battleship crewed entirely by Bright Noas.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
My copy of SD G Generation Spirits came in. Any tips for a beginner?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
mods please change my name to The Wacky Weeaboo

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

This also happens in a DLC

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Panzeh posted:

You can in Genesis

You can also make a battleship crewed entirely by Bright Noas.

I've got Genesis but I keep dying in the early stages of the various storylines.

Light Gun Man posted:

This also happens in a DLC

I know, I played all the DLC stages before switching to my NA account so the Platinum Trophy would be on my main account (because that matters to me somehow, despite having no Platinum trophies to speak of).

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've got Genesis but I keep dying in the early stages of the various storylines.

It gets a lot easier once you start running up the tech tree.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MonsieurChoc posted:

Playing it safe with the support attack/defend is super useful early one. Get a guy with a shield and have a much easier time of it.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
It's that time again!

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 2, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
A tribute to Hokuto's PC, taken too early from us by I dunno.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

A tribute to Hokuto's PC, taken too early from us by I dunno.

oh no did PC death really occur

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Not sure if it's dead or just bluescreened, but it ended the stream either way.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna is coming back as a VR game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTQhetgMe4

It's being tested for a limited time at VR Zone Shinjuku, but with any luck they'll put it out on major VR platforms.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
VR Gundam is definitely one of the things that will be define VR's existence as a medium, yeah.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Playing SD Spirits. It's fun and cool but I have a question: are Haro points determined entirely by what units you kill? Is there any other way to get them?

Also I love the narration and the story segments. I think I understand the plots when playing this better than I do when I watch the anime.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Haro points are determined by the amount of damage you inflict. If you inflict overwhelming damage to the enemy units, it'll help increase the Haro points. There isn't any other way that I'm aware of.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Blockhouse posted:

It shut down extremely abruptly in mid-stream, which makes me think it was a heating thing. It came back on fine afterward but I did give it some cooldown time. It should be fine and I'll be getting heating issues looked at later next week.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna is coming back as a VR game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTQhetgMe4

It's being tested for a limited time at VR Zone Shinjuku, but with any luck they'll put it out on major VR platforms.

Ohh yeahhhhhhh

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/onmi_khaos Streaming Alpha Gaiden again Because I gotta do this three times a week

EDIT: Thank you as always for everyone who drops in to watch.

EDIT: Streaming again!

EDIT: And done again

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I too am streaming, SRW V.

https://www.smashcast.tv/cryomancer or https://www.twitch.tv/cryomancer

edit: stream off. will continue later tonight.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 5, 2017

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
The rest of that interview came out and it has some great gems in it (and also a whole lot more Fate chat I'm barely familiar at all with). I'll get to the full version eventually, but here are some highlights.

quote:

Q: You talked earlier about not giving Gundam weapons to Mazinger Z. Are there other lines you try not to cross in SRW?
Terada: It's tricky doing cross-series pilot swapping. Could Amuro Ray pilot Mazinger Z? Personally, I think someone with Amuro's level of experience in handling humanoid mobile weapons could do it. But is that a line I want to cross? That's harder to answer.
Terada: It would be great if we did it, of course. There are so many amazing possibilities you could get from throwing different characters into the Eagle, Jaguar, and Bear from Getter Robo.
Nasu: It would rule if you could put Amuro, Char, and Haman in Getter Robo!
Terada: You could go either way with it too, treating it as a gag or taking it totally seriously. Oh no, something's going on, and the only robot that happens to be on hand for Amuro, Char, and Haman is Getter Robo. Contrive a scenario around that idea, and you could make it work. The only question there is, do Char or Haman yell "OPEN GET!" when separating? Personally, if it were up to me, they totally would. (laughs)

quote:

Terada: I only met with Director Hideaki Anno once like twenty years ago, and when I did, he had two requests for me. The first was: "I'd like you to put Char in EVA Unit 02." "But I thought only 14 year olds could pilot Evangelions." "....Oh yeah" (laughs) The second was to have Bright "correct" Shinji, which I did in SRW F. Shinji says "Even my father never hit me!" while Amuro looks on awkwardly. (laughs)

quote:

Q: Do you have any parting words of encouragement for each other?
Terada: Mr. Nasu, I wish you'd make a mecha anime.
Nasu: If I ever got a major shot at it, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Q: Anything for Mr. Terada from you, Mr. Nasu?
Nasu: Hurry up and put out the fourth Double G. That's actually all I came here today to tell you. (laughs)
Terada: Whoa, uh, okay. (laughs) I've got some ideas.

Full interview is here.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

quote:

Nasu: Hurry up and put out the fourth Double G. That's actually all I came here today to tell you. (laughs)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man these anime robot guys crack me up.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
What a good interview!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Char somehow getting EVA-02 would have been a hell of a plot.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
He didn't actually pilot, but Char using the Zero System was one of the nice things in Z3.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Blond, parent issues, is an rear end in a top hat who thinks they're hot poo poo and secretly (?) wants to gently caress the depressed one, close enough to the Second Child to me

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I guess now I know why the latest Fate/Grand Order event had so many mecha references.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You could definitely use The Origin and somehow get a young Casval into an Eva.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

I guess now I know why the latest Fate/Grand Order event had so many mecha references.
the meiji ishin event had

this guy fighting

these things

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ethiser posted:

You could definitely use The Origin and somehow get a young Casval into an Eva.
I was going to say that Lalah's soul could be put into an Eva and just have the other rules fudged a bit but this works too.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Just say it's a Char Custom Eva. That's all you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Instead of working on that interview I'm going to play 2nd OG like an rear end!!

Edit: Stream over

Stream highlight was when ImpAtom pointed out that Slayers is technically connected to the SRW universe

quote:

daimpatom: Slayers is in Granblue, Granblue crossed over with Tales of Aesteria, which has Yuri from Tales of Vesperia, who is in Project X Zone with Sanger.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 6, 2017

• Locked thread