Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MurderBot posted:

Anything in Oregon is the tits and i'll fukken fight you IRL if you disagree

The first bundy trial that acquitted the ringleaders of their bird refuge was in oregon sourced with oregonion jurors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Isn't Portland in Oregon?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MurderBot posted:

Anything in Oregon is the tits and i'll fukken fight you IRL if you disagree

Im sure its got nice parts but the coastal area has this huge tumor sticking to it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
And everything east of I5 has questionable views on race

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Central Oregon is awesome, and there's a ton of awesome places to go in eastern/southern and northern Oregon.

The coast is great in the summer

gently caress portland tho.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

When you are stuck between CA and WA it's kinda hard to rate.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Redmond has the best pizza I've had in probably 6 years.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Godholio posted:

Redmond has the best pizza I've had in probably 6 years.

bruh are we talking Redmond OR or Redmond WA cuz i live in the former and wish to know which pizza delicatessen you wandered into.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Soulex posted:

Yosemite seems like a really cool place.

My real goal is to camp in the redwood forest. Right next to a big fucker. I don't want t climb it or do something stupid. I just want to be surrounded by a massive natural force and be in awe.

That being said, if anyone has not seen the Grand Canyon in person, you are doing yourself a disservice. A massive disservice

Mendocino County is good for redwoods. I'd say hit Fort Ross, Salt Point, and/or Fort Bragg on the coast (I can vouch for all of these based on childhood nostalgia). Fort Ross might be the best, it's a Russian trading fort kept up and populated with re-enactors. Then go inland to the National Forest and get your redwoods fix.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MurderBot posted:

bruh are we talking Redmond OR or Redmond WA cuz i live in the former and wish to know which pizza delicatessen you wandered into.

OR. Cibelli's on Highland. NY style, which is my jam and does not exist in this state or the last one I lived in.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

mllaneza posted:

Mendocino County is good for redwoods. I'd say hit Fort Ross, Salt Point, and/or Fort Bragg on the coast (I can vouch for all of these based on childhood nostalgia). Fort Ross might be the best, it's a Russian trading fort kept up and populated with re-enactors. Then go inland to the National Forest and get your redwoods fix.

Thanks for this. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to go to FT Bragg for the first time in my life.

My wife and I are gonna eventually move to the mountains. We miss the snow, the air, the cleanness, the less amount of people. We are just kinda feeling things out.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Been meaning to go. Been moving and it's been super loving rough because we really want to go and have he annual pass but just don't have time.

And yeah, just wanna go once to see it. Not live there.

Even if you don't go to the zoo, Balboa Park is right there and it's full of stuff. Just park around the corner and explore for the day. It's really rad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I can't wait to try some of that stuff out.

Yeah. It's been a big whirlwind for the past year but we are starting to calm down. We moved down here after selling our home in WA, and decided "gently caress it, let's give it a go" and when I first started college on Sept 1st or some poo poo, I was still attending my previous college, just got medboarded, and hadn't even really unpacked my bags yet. That on top of my wife and I having the two kids and then getting pregnant for the third, almost failing because that was a goddamn culture shock and I thought I could just skim past it like I did in high school. Now we are moving from this lovely goddamn apartment where bums are routinely shouting at each other (two days ago it was a dude and chick screaming about how no one wants her dirty pussy, 8AM, right in front the complex) spray painting goddamn swastikas on the 7/11 and not being hit with the smell of piss and poo poo when I walk through the alley. That's not even counting the times I almost got into a fight just trying to smoke a goddamn joint with the dudes at the headship because they were loving doing ice right next to us and lost their poo poo when we told them to gently caress off.

The cool news is that my class schedule is like 9-12, I live in a place closer and safer and quieter, and my school is pretty awesome. I love it. The views make tuition worth it (I pay nothing). I'm from here so I remember a bunch of stuff but a lot has changed. Sea world used to not be this goddamn gentrified bullshit. Gonna have to find just a good aquarium somewhere.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

Even if you don't go to the zoo, Balboa Park is right there and it's full of stuff. Just park around the corner and explore for the day. It's really rad.

Used to live in walking distance of Balboa Park, can confirm.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

Gonna have to find just a good aquarium somewhere.

Volunteer at one if you can. I'm an education and diving volunteer for our aquarium here, it rocks pretty hard :)

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Godholio posted:

OR. Cibelli's on Highland. NY style, which is my jam and does not exist in this state or the last one I lived in.

I had Cibelli's once, it was really good. Pappy's pizza is okay but you end up with sodium toxicity at the end of it, plus from the locals it apparently has gone downhill, but one of the only places that delivers fast and at like midnight when you're drunk/high.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Volunteer at one if you can. I'm an education and diving volunteer for our aquarium here, it rocks pretty hard :)

Would you guys be willing to teach me how to dive? I'd be down to help but I am 1) disabled and can't walk much and 2) am not keen on volunteering just to be a poop dude. I can stay at home and deal with poop all day.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Don't EVER tell anyone you are the ranking NCO and that you know what your doing. gently caress bullets.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Yellowstone and Glacier are must-sees. The whole place is a smoky hellscape at the moment, though.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
My friend who lives/works in Yosemite says it's on fire AGAIN and to just not visit at all this year. Don't remember if I asked her about Desolation.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cenen posted:

Don't EVER tell anyone you are the ranking NCO and that you know what your doing. gently caress bullets.

SOMEONE is lacking motivation

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cenen posted:

I've said this before for valid reasons. Like people telling me what shots to get when I'm working. It did get me sneered at a lot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cenen posted:

My friend who lives/works in Yosemite says it's on fire AGAIN and to just not visit at all this year. Don't remember if I asked her about Desolation.

I don't know for sure but Desolation is not currently on fire because I'd see the smoke over the Crystal Basin ridge

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
We deployed some folks.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Yo, pro tip: if you are in a position to go to Yosemite, then you are in a position to go to Sequoia/King's Canyon, which you should definitely do instead of Yosemite. While they don't have El Cap or Half Dome, I assure you they are just as amazingly beautiful and you'll deal with maybe a fifth of the amount of people you will in Yosemite Valley. Seriously, I dream of living out the rest of my days in a cabin there.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean lets face facts. The entire Sierra Nevada range is pretty next level, except for maybe the low foothills where its nothing but yellow grass and twisted oak trees.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've already been looking at places like Cripple Creek because they are beautiful and I'm a cripple.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Larry Parrish posted:

I mean lets face facts. The entire Sierra Nevada range is pretty next level, except for maybe the low foothills where its nothing but yellow grass and twisted oak trees.

I kinda like that part but I grew up in CA with the dead grass and oaks. Not the central valley part, the foothills.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Did a little road-trip last week through Sebastapol, had lunch in Occidental, followed the Russian River to Bodega bay and US 1. Stopped at Russian River brewing company and got a flight, drat they make some good beers.
My GF and I had spent the last week before that in SF and LA, and that 1 day was our favorite part of the entire trip by far.

Next time we come to California we're finding some woods and camping. I've seen enough of LA to last a while (although Venice Beach and Dogtown were pretty neat)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lightpole posted:

I kinda like that part but I grew up in CA with the dead grass and oaks. Not the central valley part, the foothills.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's not bad country I guess but it's full of dilapidated ranches and mcmansions now

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Somewhere in between Auburn and Colfax it really gets nice. If you head north of 80 you can really get out off the grid but anything close in someone has already tossed a monstrosity on.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I want a house with a small walk to a river looking at white capped mountains and being surrounded by trees.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soulex posted:

I want a house with a small walk to a river looking at white capped mountains and being surrounded by trees.

Unfortunately everywhere I personally know of you have to choose between the short walk or the view of mountains. But yeah I feel you dude. There's this old house in an empty glade between Canyon Creek and a spring that I've dreamed of owning since I was like 8.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My cousin just got NJPed for taking a poo poo on the hood of her CO's car while drunk :downs:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ugh its Troika posted:

My cousin just got NJPed for taking a poo poo on the hood of her CO's car while drunk :downs:

:sbahj:

that's some loving commitment to the cause right there

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

False motivation is still motivation

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ugh its Troika posted:

Couple of questions.

How did they describe the incident in the official paperwork?

How much was her punishment?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Did he deserve it? Trick question, he's a CO, of course he did

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Go big or go home.

Taking a poo poo on someone's car is one of the few things I could think of that could actually get the shitee to consider what led to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Twist: ugh its Troika's cousin is actually a jilted lover and she was trying to win her/him back