Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Is there anything on android comparable to Disc Drivin'?

Something that's really quick and accessible that anyone can play? Something other and Words/Yahtzee/Chess with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

AnimalChin posted:

Holy CRAP!

Friend code: 10SP

10ZG

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Golden Axe is the latest Sega Forever thing.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
My pocket frogs friend code is 10ZJ, can anyone recommend a good beginners guide for this game?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

10Y6 for Punnet Square Simulator (with frogs)

Incessant Excess posted:

My pocket frogs friend code is 10ZJ, can anyone recommend a good beginners guide for this game?

There's a wiki with breeding strategies, but the basic one seems to be: get one of each color/pattern color with the basic Anuras, and then choose if you'd rather go for Anura completion or go for sets or chase more patterns/breeds

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

verbal enema posted:

Roguelikes what are the good ones if any

Desktop Dungeons.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Bombadilillo posted:

Yes it does.*

*May have changed in the last few months.

Well, despite the fact that I didn't get the tutorial survey again, this method did work and I got my first survey in 8 months (thanks to a drunken midnight A&W trip - double win)!

lags
Jan 3, 2004

frog breeding simulation ID 1154

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Paladinus posted:

Desktop Dungeons.

DD is insanely good but it's secretly just a (very complex) puzzle game.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Has anyone found a way to open up new habitats in frog sex game?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
119Q for frog breeding.

E: why didn't I play this before this is great, I just got an orange frog. Pumped as hell.

E: is there a limit on the number of frogs you can keep in your habitat? I just moved in two more and they kicked out my original one :(

foutre fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 1, 2017

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

foutre posted:

119Q for frog breeding.

E: why didn't I play this before this is great, I just got an orange frog. Pumped as hell.

E: is there a limit on the number of frogs you can keep in your habitat? I just moved in two more and they kicked out my original one :(

There used to be an option to buy more habitats but it's not there.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons it's marked as "Unreleased" in the play store. The pond feels pretty buggy as well. Half the time my frogs teleport to lily pads, and that's only when tapping on a pad actually registers.

e: just got an update for frogsex

Changelog indicates:

-Prevent eggs from entering the pond
-Fixed issue with frogs changing colors
-Prevent frogs from stopping mid jump in pond
-Other small bug fixes

ee: Still no option to buy a habitat. My phones back button still doesn't close the game. This is feeling pretty beta.

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 1, 2017

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

AnimalChin posted:

There used to be an option to buy more habitats but it's not there.

I think you have to get to higher levels to get more habitats. It takes forever to get to level 2

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

AnimalChin posted:

This is feeling pretty beta.

Huh, yeah, I guess those two just bugged out. Still a cute game, I hope they figure out the habitat stuff and whatnot.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a thread for Dragon Project? Game is fun so far but I'm not exactly sure how the S Gear acquisition works. Is it only on first kill I get the emblems to make the gear?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Who runs the hades star guild? I'd like to join up if possible. Is there a thread.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

m.hache posted:

Is there a thread for Dragon Project? Game is fun so far but I'm not exactly sure how the S Gear acquisition works. Is it only on first kill I get the emblems to make the gear?

i think so yeah, after that its luck/random

im really enjoying dragon project so far, bows are super good. biggest complaint is you can sometimes get like eight dudes on one map all trying to farm the same mob and it can take a bit to get your quest done

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

boy are my arms tired posted:

i think so yeah, after that its luck/random

im really enjoying dragon project so far, bows are super good. biggest complaint is you can sometimes get like eight dudes on one map all trying to farm the same mob and it can take a bit to get your quest done

My first craft I made an S Rank Greatsword with +357 ATK. It's clunky as gently caress but I feel like I would be gimping myself by using anything else. It's hard to tell though since sometimes I get partied with lvl 50's that have like 3 more ATK than me but do a hell of a lot more damage.

Is it one of those things were Stats only somewhat matter and there's some hidden math I'm missing?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

m.hache posted:

My first craft I made an S Rank Greatsword with +357 ATK. It's clunky as gently caress but I feel like I would be gimping myself by using anything else. It's hard to tell though since sometimes I get partied with lvl 50's that have like 3 more ATK than me but do a hell of a lot more damage.

Is it one of those things were Stats only somewhat matter and there's some hidden math I'm missing?

i'm not sure but i think the damage formula takes level into account as well

so like, a level 10 hitting a level 20 behemoth will be doing far less than a level 50 hitting a level 20 behemoth, even if the stats aren't that far apart

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I wish there was a guild system in Dragon Project. We can make private lobbies, but the lobby number would have to be posted in a thread, and they only hold a max of 8 people. I think we could always join a specific chat channel number though as a makeshift guild.

As far as I can tell, you need a behemoth tablet from whatever monster to get its gear. S rank monster can drop an S rank tablet. Once you get 1 piece of gear, you can check the required mats for the rest of it in the forge. You can even go right to the quest if you have that specific behemoth to summon.

You can either try gacha pulls to get the behemoth you want, or you can join up in someone else's run. I've only managed one S rank weapon so far. The key is checking the rewards for the fight for tablet drops and having one of the blue orb things to forge with it, which you can buy from Pip. I think we all start with one for each slot, so I recommend saving them for S gear. You can also do daily quests/event quests and behemoths will appear randomly during the quest which drop S rank tablets.

m.hache posted:

You need to go to the summon tab and click Magi and spend some gems on rolling. Slot everything you can with magi.

Hunter ID: DZCM82AE72 let's be friends! :yayclod:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 1, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Are there any fun games like Rampart, the old Atari game?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, there's an official Bust a Move game out now but it has paid level packs and that's lovely.

Any other non-shovelware bubble popping games out there with decent production values? Don't care if it's paid as long as there's no microtransactions.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

So, there's an official Bust a Move game out now but it has paid level packs and that's lovely.

Any other non-shovelware bubble popping games out there with decent production values? Don't care if it's paid as long as there's no microtransactions.

What’s disagreeable about level packs? Do they seem like a bad deal, or do you just not like anything where you don’t pay up front?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

sleepwalkers posted:

What’s disagreeable about level packs? Do they seem like a bad deal, or do you just not like anything where you don’t pay up front?

I'm already paying for the game and then with all of the level packs it's like another $20 on top of that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I grabbed it for iOS but it's 250 levels for $5. That seems more than fair since there's no energy system. I could do without the gatcha style characters but those just seem to be score related for the most part

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I thought the Goonswarm in Hades Star is actually goons, but it turns out that it's not.

So Hades Star is a pretty cool game. It's a civ builder game, but it's different than others. It's quite a bit more relaxed as there isn't PvP right now, but it will be added later on. There is a competitive element between players due to acquiring research requires fighting through enemies and looting planets before other players.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ParallelSpace.Cerberus&hl=en

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ran into a wild Goon (FissSA) last night in Dragon Project. I guess there are a few of us playing.

Is there a decent resource for any questions on this game? I want to avoid blasting this thread with questions, like where can I get a good spear?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I friended a few last night in Dragon Project. As far as the spear goes, all you need is a blue orb from Pip and a behemoth tablet from a summon you fight. It's best to talk to the Chris Angel looking guy and jump in someone's summon ticket. You should start the game off with 2 of each equipment slot orb, once you get a tablet, hit the forge and craft it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Has anyone taken the plunge to Android 8.0? It adds an official mechanism for the user to bless app installation from app stores other than Play. Games are pretty much the only reason I have ever sideloaded anything, so I'm curious if anyone has tested it out.

Ars article: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/android-8-0-oreo-thoroughly-reviewed/5/#h3

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katsu.doomwheel

Skaven Infinite runner (roller? ). Fun, but had to delete advancement once because it would not count the first region as completed.

Also not enough variety yet, there are only skaven, dwarf and orc enemies/levels, but it is fun and silly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Did Agricola never get an Android release? I could have sworn I played it on Android before.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
All Creatures Big and Small got an Android release. Pretty sure Agricola the main game never did.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
For Dragon Project if you go here https://gogame.net/dragonproject/ and pre-register you can get another 25 summon tickets. My first draw was from a different behemoth rotation that gave me the Extolled spear from Winvlum behemoth. I have yet to get another boss tablet from other people's quests so either you can only get them from your own summons or they are very rare. I would recommend for your first summon that you get its weapon and try to level it up as much as possible. If there is an evolve symbol on the weapon when it reaches max level you can then evolve it. For my Extolled spear my attack went from like 400 to 800 after evolving. To get the rare mats you can look for other peoples quests or you can do up to 5 shadow behemoth quests of your own per day.

You can get an S armor set from the Einherjar of Oblivion event which didn't seem to bad to do. Leveling up the set to max is pretty easy. I just used a 2x drop potion and went to one of the shadow areas (unlocked when you finish one of the story areas) in the first or second map for about 10-15 minutes and was able to get enough mats. I need crystal skulls now to evolve it and I have no idea where to get those. I would recommend with your gems to do some magi summons to fill out your armor with the yellow magi. I have mostly HP since I was getting one shot a lot on some bosses. I think the blue subquests are unlimited and they all give 3-5 gems each. I haven't gotten very far in the story since I have spent most of my time trying to level up my gear. I recently pulled the SS reaper and got his spear which is much stronger than my old one. If you go to the summons page you can preview the equipment for the current behemoth rotation. You can also see what the stats of the equipment will be when evolved. There are different paths to equipment evolution and I'm not sure if you can choose a different path after you started down one.

For weapons I really only have experience with the spear. If you hit an enemy with the charge lunge and attack right away you will start a combo avoiding the delay after the lunge. You can also dodge roll out of the lunge's delay which makes moving around maps a lot faster. If you dodge and then attack with the spear you start a different combo where the final hit adds some fatigue. Dual blades seem like they could be really good because their charge attack gives like 1-2 seconds of i-frames.

If anyone wants to add me my ID is DVW7CL6HWF.

Edit:
If you go to https://gogame.net/dragonproject/redemption/form/redemptionform/redeemfull.php and put in the codes ILUV2SHARE200 and YES15KFBLIKES you can get some more summon tickets and gems. Found the codes in the in game news so keep an eye out there for free stuff.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 5, 2017

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

quote:

dragon project stuff

All I'm getting in NA is the Pre-Register on the Play store, is there a way to get early access or is everyone talking about the Japanese APK or some other region?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

The Jumpoff posted:

All I'm getting in NA is the Pre-Register on the Play store, is there a way to get early access or is everyone talking about the Japanese APK or some other region?

Google search "dragon project apk" and it will pop up. Grab the apkpure one.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

phourniner posted:

Google search "dragon project apk" and it will pop up. Grab the apkpure one.

Worked perfectly, thanks for the tip. In as JumpoffSA, ID is DYRJJ5D4LL

I'm assuming the 25 tickets for pre-registering comes when the game officially launches?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Has anyone taken the plunge to Android 8.0? It adds an official mechanism for the user to bless app installation from app stores other than Play. Games are pretty much the only reason I have ever sideloaded anything, so I'm curious if anyone has tested it out.

Ars article: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/09/android-8-0-oreo-thoroughly-reviewed/5/#h3

Nope, I bought a G6, so I never have to worry about (getting any) updates. :suicide:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Started playing Dragon Project last night and I think it really scratches my casual gaming itch. You can hop on for a couple of minutes and hop off while still feeling like you've achieved something and there's no pressure to auto play or to leave the game on 24/7.

Anyway I'm in as YeahNah ID is DZJVDQ8W29

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I'm in the Dragon game. Username is IAmTheRad
ID Code is DX3R4U6UTH
Comment is just 'SA'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Humble Bundle out consisting of games by French developers. It includes:

Mechanic Escape
Unworded
Pang Adventures
Out There Omega Edition (beat the average)
OK Golf (beat the average)
Sanitarium (beat the average)
Gobliiins Trilogy ($5 or more)
A Normal Lost Phone ($5 or more)
Dungeon Rushers ($5 or more)