Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Midig posted:

Funny. Today I heard someone being called an SJW IRL for the first time. His crime, being a decent human being.

But how did they pronounce it, this is the key part, we could have an answer for all of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

OwlFancier posted:

But how did they pronounce it, this is the key part, we could have an answer for all of time.

I mean lets be honest. It's just pronounced "Jew" with a bit of a slur.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought like with S-VHS you can pronounce it ess-Jews or Super-Jews.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but you pronounce all the letters in vhs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I just want Super-Jews to be a thing.

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Dude should spend less time on his avatar and more time on microphone technique. Sounds like he just set up a directional mic and then wandered around his room talking.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

apparently the alt right is really pissy about assassins creed origins.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/

I've looked around a little bit and I'm not sure I've figured it out; what exactly happened that triggered these peeps so much? Apparently a trans character exists in the game, is that it?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dancer posted:

what exactly happened that triggered these peeps so much?

it could be anything, these dudes live and breathe getting mad as hell about video games on the internet

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dancer posted:

I've looked around a little bit and I'm not sure I've figured it out; what exactly happened that triggered these peeps so much? Apparently a trans character exists in the game, is that it?

boner confessor posted:

it could be anything, these dudes live and breathe getting mad as hell about video games on the internet

Dark skinned, specifically african people existing in ancient egypt, that's it, you look practically anywhere and it's the same lovely 4chins meme regurgitated, people spewing "We wuz kangz" because ohhoho it's even funnier the thousandth time.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yardbomb posted:

Dark skinned, specifically african people existing in ancient egypt, that's it, you look practically anywhere and it's the same lovely 4chins meme regurgitated, people spewing "We wuz kangz" because ohhoho it's even funnier the thousandth time.

gonna guess they're not going to try to pull out the science card this time given that it's pretty obvious there were a ton of dark sinned africans running around ancient egypt given that ancient egypt was a super important trading nexus that is right next door to subsaharan africa

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the canon pronunciation is ess jay double ewe.

the ancient egyptians pretty much looked the same as they do nowadays. the "we wuz kangs" bullshit is acting like hoteps are a mainstream thing.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

It was "Social justice warrior". Pretty difficult to miss some English sprinkled into a sentence of Norwegian.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

the canon pronunciation is ess jay double ewe.

the ancient egyptians pretty much looked the same as they do nowadays. the "we wuz kangs" bullshit is acting like hoteps are a mainstream thing.

I mean I suspect the kings might have looked a bit different after that whole ptolemy thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i meant the true pharoahs not those foreign dogs!

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Kibayasu posted:

Given how his eyes look in the picture he took in the "hospital" later it doesn't really look like he got pepper-sprayed at all, even by himself, just yelling that he did.

I'd say at best he caught a bit wafting on the wind. When we did OC spray courses in the Navy the facilitators had to make sure no one was down wind or too close. Even if that's the case it isn't nearly as debilitating as a direct blast. He either faked it entirely, or panicked/livestream dramatized it up.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

White supremacists are weird. I know they have some fetishization with Europe being the main hub of Whiteness and all back in the day, but apparently they think Egyptians were White too? But...but they're in the dirty Middle East! Aren't they supposed to hate that place?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

it was an important hub of western culture before the muslamofascs took it over and burned the library

Chrungka
Jan 27, 2015
Probably because of this:

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/849023192735809536

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Side note: Who's the Jen in Shaun and Jen? Every time I see a video on that channel, it's always by - I'm assuming - Shaun.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mr Interweb posted:

Side note: Who's the Jen in Shaun and Jen? Every time I see a video on that channel, it's always by - I'm assuming - Shaun.

A friend of his. The channel used to be them doing Let's Plays. She also drew the skull and I think she participates when he does twitch vidya streaming.

Btw the channel is just called "Shaun" now.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

it was an important hub of western culture before the muslamofascs took it over and burned the library

The last remnant of the ultimate whitey, the OG, original ginger, Alexander of Macedon.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Lightning Lord posted:

A friend of his. The channel used to be them doing Let's Plays. She also drew the skull and I think she participates when he does twitch vidya streaming.

Btw the channel is just called "Shaun" now.

Yeah, I've never seen any of their live streams. I assume they are both still on Twitch? Because Shawn still posts drawling of him and Jen now and then.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, I've never seen any of their live streams. I assume they are both still on Twitch? Because Shawn still posts drawling of him and Jen now and then.

She has her own twitter and (I think) youtube. Her twitter's less about brutal chud owns but is still fun and funny.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

You should watch their Contradiction: Spot the Liar! playthrough, it's a charming as hell game and they're charmed by it in turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNvTwsfcuM

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dancer posted:

no thats syndicate with tranmale (trans man?) which is pretty good. no its because black main character/people in Egypt. its Ptolemaic eygpt so its basically a stew of ethinicties and cultures.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 2, 2017

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wait I thought Copernicus disproved Ptolemaic Egypt

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

You should watch their Contradiction: Spot the Liar! playthrough, it's a charming as hell game and they're charmed by it in turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNvTwsfcuM
Oh a vague old internet friend of mine acts in this game! I'm so pleased to see it get attention.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

remember when prison paul got all booty bothered when the bcc showed an ethnically diverse rome despite there being a line of libyan emperors.

did anyone link another masterpiece in his line of self owns?

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/902129889339469824

could he have picked a more antifa author lmao

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

remember when prison paul got all booty bothered when the bcc showed an ethnically diverse rome despite there being a line of libyan emperors.

did anyone link another masterpiece in his line of self owns?

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/902129889339469824

could he have picked a more antifa author lmao

Like most people that listen to him, the only thing he knows about Orwell is 1984.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"B-buh 1984, big brother!" has become a plague on their memory by this point.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it supposed to be a comment about using force but saying you're nice or something, some sort of doublethink thing?

I don't understand.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I Before E posted:

Wait I thought Copernicus disproved Ptolemaic Egypt

I laughed way to hard on that one. I have been reading up on the era and it's fascinating. The cleopatra book by Stacy Schiff is your best character choice.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's been three months since I've heard anything about Laci Green. I hope she just went back to school and forgot about befriending the frogmen. In retrospect she chose probably the worst moment to pull that poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

business hammocks posted:

It's been three months since I've heard anything about Laci Green. I hope she just went back to school and forgot about befriending the frogmen. In retrospect she chose probably the worst moment to pull that poo poo.

Looking grim on that one cap'n.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Is it supposed to be a comment about using force but saying you're nice or something, some sort of doublethink thing?

I don't understand.

yes. it's honestly getting really tiring how much right wingers project. gives me a loving migraine.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I hope you all clicked the tweet so you could see the pic of Mr Dappertrons big dic

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I hope you all clicked the tweet so you could see the pic of Mr Dappertrons big dic

in the anarcho-capitalist wasteland utopia, dick pills grow on trees!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like having a dick as big as your forearm would be a disadvantage in the ancap future, there's very little monetary value in a dick to big to be usable and you'd need a lot of money to stop yourself dying of perpetual priapism.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I don't understand.

He's saying the group opposing hateful, genocidal, Nazis is actually more hateful because "why won't you tolerate my intolerance", and badly equating it to Orwellian doublethink.

Also it's somewhat uplifting that an overwhelming number of the responses to that tweet are people blowing his rear end out over how Orwell was a lifelong antifascist and against totalitarianism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like having a dick as big as your forearm would be a disadvantage in the ancap future, there's very little monetary value in a dick to big to be usable and you'd need a lot of money to stop yourself dying of perpetual priapism.

I can confirm that it's not much of a problem in the here and now.

• Locked thread