Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

From whom? These people have basically no cash on hand, no jobs and no valuable property. Its going to take a lot of half-broken 1994 F-150 forfeitures to make anything significant.

Overtime to protect nazis and a bit of, "Oh, I'm going to Church, might as well clock 5 hrs OT directing traffic for the parking lot."

Warnings for cash with moving violations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
God I love every time these Trump-rear end shitheads get owned for the poo poo they just... used to get away with before Trump turned the loving spotlight on their poo poo.

"Pepe the Frog cartoonist forces withdrawal of 'alt-right' children's book"
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/aug/30/pepe-the-frog-cartoonist-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-childrens-book

quote:

Furie’s lawyers have also successfully stopped the distribution of Eric Hauser’s children’s book The Adventures of Pepe and Pede. According to the Washington Post, the book sees Pepe and “his best friend Centipede” – centipede is a term for Trump supporters – as they attempt to “bring freedom back to Wishington Farm”, battling an alligator named “Alkah” with buds from “the honesty tree”. Hauser was an assistant principal at a Texas middle school until details of the book became public.

Hauser, who subsequently resigned, told the Dallas Morning News that he had been unaware of Pepe the Frog’s association with the white supremacist movement until he published the book, believing him instead to be a conservative meme. He told the Dallas Observer that the book was was not intended to be racist.

But WilmerHale, the law firm representing Furie, said the book “espoused racist, Islamophobic and hate-filled themes, included allusions to the alt-right movement and was deliberately targeted at children”. The firm said that when Hauser was threatened with litigation he admitted infringement, and agreed to stop distribution of the book in all forms. It is no longer for sale on Amazon.

Keep sticking your filthy, conservative dicks out there so we can laugh at them and chop them right off, you hateful fucks, and keep acting like you're winning by driving liberals mad, dickless.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Quidam Viator posted:

God I love every time these Trump-rear end shitheads get owned for the poo poo they just... used to get away with before Trump turned the loving spotlight on their poo poo.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/aug/30/pepe-the-frog-cartoonist-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-childrens-book

Keep sticking your filthy, conservative dicks out there so we can laugh at them and chop them right off, you hateful fucks, and keep acting like you're winning by driving liberals mad, dickless.

see you at the ballot box in 2020!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

C-Euro posted:

The grocery store I go to in South Jersey has had a sign up for a few months saying that some produce has been in short supply due to weather conditions, I wonder how much of that is actually due to weather and how much is due to our impending immigrant farm labor problem?

Probably 50/50. The weather's been weird in the South this summer. It would go weeks without raining and then we'd get a downpour that lasts all night. My Trump voting relatives all do sustenance farming and it killed half their crops.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Weather's been funny this year. Weather's been funny this year. Weather's been real funny this year. Climate's not changin.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cobweb Heart posted:

Weather's been funny this year. Weather's been funny this year. Weather's been real funny this year. Climate's not changin.

Thank Al Gore for all that global warming the instant it snows, then turn around and reminisce about when the Ohio River froze over, or how they remember when it would snow in October.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cobweb Heart posted:

"Haven't you heard? It's that dang HAARP system! The government is using WEATHER WEAPONS on its own citizens in a gambit to make TRUMP look bad!"

-My coworker's updated explanation for our current weather problems.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

bors should have retired after that one

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
derp

OBAMNA PHONE has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Aug 31, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BraveUlysses posted:

whats felix screen name theres no way he knows about zyborne without being a goon

Is it that time of the week already

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah the part of the week where i'm dumb as poo poo and post in the wrong thread

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Quidam Viator posted:

So let me get this straight. metaphorically you decided the Titanic had too few lifeboats, but no one would listen. so you stole the lookout's binoculars so they couldn't see the iceberg, let the ship ram it and now are watching 1500 other people die so some assholes might see the error of their ways and you gloat about this and think yourself someone a step above shitbag?
Congrats on being dumber than a Trump voter. You knew better and did it anyways. And then ran away from your actions. You are the lowest type of shitbag.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Hey QV are you going to gently caress up Washington state by continuing to vote for Republicans or did you learn

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

So let me get this straight. metaphorically you decided the Titanic had too few lifeboats, but no one would listen. so you stole the lookout's binoculars so they couldn't see the iceberg, let the ship ram it and now are watching 1500 other people die so some assholes might see the error of their ways and you gloat about this and think yourself someone a step above shitbag?
Congrats on being dumber than a Trump voter. You knew better and did it anyways. And then ran away from your actions. You are the lowest type of shitbag.

Nah, there's no way I can take your twisted metaphor and apply it to what I actually did, and moreover, you're just making GBS threads up EHF's thread. You want some long-winded explanation, you can either read my entire post history starting about 2015, or you can PM me if you really care. Leave his thread alone unless you have a loving article or tweet to post like I did.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

VitalSigns posted:

Hey QV are you going to gently caress up Washington state by continuing to vote for Republicans or did you learn

this state is already hosed, it's a libertarian's dream

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Washington state certainly has issues but

1) OP lives in Indiana and will tolerate no whining about a liberal state with legal weed, you big spoiled babies
2) Washington did not vote for Trump and thus in no way can qualify for relevant discussion in this thread

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Quidam Viator posted:

Nah, there's no way I can take your twisted metaphor and apply it to what I actually did, and moreover, you're just making GBS threads up EHF's thread. You want some long-winded explanation, you can either read my entire post history starting about 2015, or you can PM me if you really care. Leave his thread alone unless you have a loving article or tweet to post like I did.

probably bannable to suggest people commit suicide dude

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

Badger of Basra posted:

probably bannable to suggest people commit suicide dude

Epic High Five posted:

Washington state certainly has issues but

1) OP lives in Indiana and will tolerate no whining about a liberal state with legal weed, you big spoiled babies
2) Washington did not vote for Trump and thus in no way can qualify for relevant discussion in this thread

Shut the gently caress up, Badger of Basra, and post Trump supporters realizing they're going to die under Trump. I feel like it's been too long since someone posted this feed, which is full of delicious lols:

https://twitter.com/trump_regrets?lang=en

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
QV, did you read about this before moving to Washington? https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tokyo is way more hosed than any west coast city, they're on the convergence of 3 plates and haven't had a big one for over a century

Also Japan probably would've voted for Trump so this is allowable

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Gringostar posted:

lol

food riots in red states are gonna own

at least im used to going on a thousand calories a day

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It makes more sense when you find out quidam vistor is a Latin teacher with terminal cancer

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I feel for the dude but idk if I would have voted trunp about it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

I feel for the dude but idk if I would have voted trunp about it

i guess you spend so long reading about the fall of rome that is starts to sound . . . r o m a n t i c

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i guess you spend so long reading about the fall of rome that is starts to sound . . . r o m a n t i c

it's only romantic if you picture yourself as one of the Goths

the Western Empire took about 75 years to totally fall apart so if you're a Roman your entire lifetime is a series of moments where things get worse

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

all the goths wish they could be as tortured as i am :c00lbert:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
like you could be a Roman citizen born the year Rome was sacked and be in your 60s when the last emperor was kicked out by Odoacer

that's an entire lifetime's worth of the Trump Presidency

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

the Western Empire took about 75 years to totally fall apart so if you're a Roman your entire lifetime is a series of moments where things get worse

sounds familiar

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
you could be born into a well off Roman family in 390 or so and learn to write and give the proper speeches to get ahead in the imperial civil service and by the end of your life you're living in a wood-and-mud hut and scratching letters into an old shard of broken pottery because there hasn't been parchment for decades and you can only use pottery shards to write on because that amphora finally broke irreparably because you'd repaired it so many times because the local pottery industry also collapsed decades ago

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Epic High Five posted:

Tokyo is way more hosed than any west coast city, they're on the convergence of 3 plates and haven't had a big one for over a century
This seems to contradict the article? Like, Japanese buildings have been built too weak for the earthquakes we now know they can face, a lot of west coast cities aren't even designed for earthquakes in the first place. As for not having a big one for over a century, they had one in 1923, the previous one being two centuries earlier. Meanwhile, the Pacific north west is nearing a century of overshoot compared to the average time between massive earthquakes. Or is the article wrong?

you could be born into a well off Roman family in 390 or so and learn to write and give the proper speeches to get ahead in the imperial civil service and by the end of your life you're living in a wood-and-mud hut and scratching letters into an old shard of broken pottery because there hasn't been parchment for decades and you can only use pottery shards to write on because that amphora finally broke irreparably because you'd repaired it so many times because the local pottery industry also collapsed decades ago
Isn't this a major exaggeration of the actual day-to-day effect of the end of the Roman Empire? Sure, the empire lost the ability to kick everyone's asses, but the above seems to basically assume that the former Roman Empire became more primitive than the barbarians that brought it down.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It makes more sense when you find out quidam vistor is a Latin teacher with terminal cancer

couldnt he have just went and sold drugs or something

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

cuntman.net posted:

couldnt he have just went and sold drugs or something

yeah but when you talk latin to the weed it only gets nerds high

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

huh. so he is literally a trump voter realizing he is going to die under trump? i don't think it is possible for him to be off-topic in this thread.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Quidam Viator posted:

Alright, self righteous rear end in a top hat it is then, gotcha

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

huh. so he is literally a trump voter realizing he is going to die under trump? i don't think it is possible for him to be off-topic in this thread.

Lots of people that voted Trump have come to realize this and their stupidity, and then they regret their actions. QV on the other hand seems content to roll around in his pigshit decisions with a smile

SocketWrench has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Sep 2, 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This seems to contradict the article? Like, Japanese buildings have been built too weak for the earthquakes we now know they can face, a lot of west coast cities aren't even designed for earthquakes in the first place. As for not having a big one for over a century, they had one in 1923, the previous one being two centuries earlier. Meanwhile, the Pacific north west is nearing a century of overshoot compared to the average time between massive earthquakes. Or is the article wrong?

i can only speak for CA but we take earthquakes very loving seriously here and probably have the most robust earthquake building codes for the types of quakes we will see

also, a lot of the "built buildings too weak for the earthquakes they can face" stuff is because we now know there are several different types of shaking during an earthquake instead of the one type most everything was built to

the good news is that outside of some very rare earthquakes most stuff will still survive now and those rare types aren't really known for being "big" here but there is still a small chance for one which is where you'll get headlines about buildings not being ready for the next big one

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gringostar posted:

i can only speak for CA but we take earthquakes very loving seriously here and probably have the most robust earthquake building codes for the types of quakes we will see
The article is about the cities outside CA, where earthquakes aren't taken seriously at all from the sound of it, and where the potential earthquakes are quite a bit stronger too. As the article points out, the idea of "the big one" in California is something that people are actually aware off the world over, while the population of Portland probably doesn't realize that it could be the epicenter of a natural disaster that kills three times as many people in the city alone as all natural disasters in the US since 1900.

Gringostar posted:

also, a lot of the "built buildings too weak for the earthquakes they can face" stuff is because we now know there are several different types of shaking during an earthquake instead of the one type most everything was built to
From the article it seems to be a straight up "underestimated the potential energy released" kinda deal, as opposed to the buildings not being built to survive earth quakes releasing more of their energy into a specific type of shaking.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/904019494535798784

u only support the cops until you interact with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agean90 posted:

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/904019494535798784

u only support the cops until you interact with them

lmao