Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

every time my brown rear end drinks milk, a nazi dies inside and friends, there is no purer feeling than that. drink milk

edit:

Mecca-Benghazi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Trump were savvy and not a grifter, he'd be putting Harvey victims up in his hotels

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Robot Hobo posted:

By that logic, does it suggest that advocates of cryptocurrency have more faith in Math than they do in Kings or Presidents?

... If so, I think I accidentally talked myself into respecting Bitcoin. poo poo.

They certainly believe that encryption will protect them from tyrants.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Oxxidation posted:

Right now no one is certain Irma will hit the US at all, let along NY, but if it does then there's probably going to be trouble. The city is still reeling after Sandy because its infrastructure is so old and poorly maintained that repairs take an eternity, and the subway in particular is on death's door. More flooding might deliver the coup de grace.

I mean is there any Irma track that's not awful except for 'it stays at sea' at this point?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Feinne posted:

I mean is there any Irma track that's not awful except for 'it stays at sea' at this point?

I mean if NYC drowns there's probably going to be a lot more knock-on damage than if it hits a less populated area, but nothing looks prettier after getting a visit from a Cat 4, no.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So will "lots of happiness" be Trump's "heck of a job" or should we prepare for something worse?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Kelly posted:

So will "lots of happiness" be Trump's "heck of a job" or should we prepare for something worse?

I doubt the Trump Era will only be defined by a single insane quote. His whole array of demented verbal tics will be in our lexicon long after he strokes out while taking a poo poo

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If Trump were savvy and not a grifter, he'd be putting Harvey victims up in his hotels

Nah, he'd have to kick some percentage out eventually and that would look Really Bad

Remember how long folks lived in the Katrina FEMA trailers

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

He'll lose 2/5.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

They certainly believe that encryption will protect them from tyrants.

Hashing functions are the Sefirot and buttcoin miners are Madonna.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Liu posted:

my grandfather liked soda

My grandfathers died in the coke and pepsi wars.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

He'd have to actually own his hotels in the first place.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Diet cola for rum.

Regular cola for whiskey.

Vodka goes to Trump Tower.

Try regular coke and red wine mixed 50-50.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

See, Trump is not racist

I wish we could see the emotion on that little girl's face. The photographer that took the picture is more competent at their job by getting them from this angle than anyone in the Trump administration.

fake edit: Do you suppose Trump demanded the child be rubbed down with hand sanitizer before he would touch her?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

He doesn't have stuff in TX?

Also he's racist POS and a stupid mofo that would bill them at a special hurricane rate. Like one of the stories about the Old NYC Money types hating him was because he would constantly ask what he would get in return if he donated. He thinks he should get a good ROI on stuff like charity.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BrandorKP posted:

Try regular coke and red wine mixed 50-50.

This is really really good by the way I just can't remember the name.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I'm sure y'all will be surprised to learn that all the right-wing sites are loving Noah's segment about "Vegan ISIS".

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Depends on the country Spanish, Hungarians, Germans, all call it something different.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Drink grain alcohol straight from a tub.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol I just got off a flight and the instant my wife turned off airplane mode her phone exploded with a friend venting about how pissed off her friend (who is working some sort of coordinator position at that shelter) is over Trump telling them to "have a good time". And my wife was mad about it too.

It was so insulting that the insult ripples are able to affect friends of friends of those directly insulted.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

I always knew it as calimotxo but apparently it's called a Musolini in Eastern Europe lol

e:

https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/904131474600988673
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/904094332252291073
:thunk:

Like, even if this was a lie, does Trump expect reporters to be able to go on every military mission? Like is he gonna burn Maggie Haberman for not being with Seal Team Six in Abbottobad next?

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 3, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I always knew it as calimotxo but apparently it's called a Musolini in Eastern Europe lol

That's the name! Calimotxo is the correct name because it's fun to say.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

lol, this should be a warning to other seedy rich assholes that want to try politics. If you have a lot of sketchy poo poo going on, it will be found out.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

SocketWrench posted:

lol, this should be a warning to other seedy rich assholes that want to try politics. If you have a lot of sketchy poo poo going on, it will be found out.

Most rich assholes are smart enough to know they can achieve their agenda via dark money - see Kock Brothers, but also every rich gently caress ever

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RuanGacho posted:

Im going to take this moment to pivot and ask why more people arent concerned with Trumps religion because they sure as hell were convinced Obama was muslim (read: black/unamerican). While Trump needs no help destroying his relationship with the business community, some good and needed damage could be done to his approvals if we can get him to attack the religious, which I don't imagine should be hard with a narcissist. Maybe PJ has some insight into that or why it hasn't really happened yet.

Because he's "our" guy, not "their" guy. Republicans will roll over and take it if it means they get to gloat, but the moment they face the other end everything from religion to dijon mustard becomes a crime

coyo7e posted:

However those people were willing to look past the obvious racism going on for their own ends that makes them at least partially at fault.

I'm not excusing them, no

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Crabtree posted:

So how bad will it be if Irma smashes into New York and takes some of the economy along with it? The only bright spot will be if Donnie shits himself live on television trying to scream about wanting revenge on the weather if it knocks Trump Tower down, but mostly bad no matter which way the deadly winds blow our new hurricane of the month into.

It wouldn't be awesome. Sandy did a number on the area without even being a hurricane by the time it made landfall, but luckily we're still way too far out to worry about where Irma is heading.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Most rich assholes are smart enough to know they can achieve their agenda via dark money - see Kock Brothers, but also every rich gently caress ever

Trump isn't really motivated by any agenda, though, he got into politics to feed his ego.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Trump Thread III:

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I doubt the Trump Era will only be defined by a single insane quote.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

every time my brown rear end drinks milk, a nazi dies inside and friends, there is no purer feeling than that. drink milk

edit:

I'm extra not racist because I like chocolate milk

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Trump Thread III

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I doubt the Trump Era will only be defined by a single insane quote book.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Flip Yr Wig posted:

He'd have to actually own his hotels in the first place.

Yeah, this. "Trump's hotels" are just Trump branded and he collects the money from it. Aside from that he has no link to them. Hence why so many have dropped his name since he became the ultimate shitbag in public

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Feinne posted:

I dunno I feel like rum and cola is admitting you bought terrible rum you'd rather not taste.

Yeah, I'm poor so the $16 bottom shelf jug is going to have to last me a week. If I could afford good booze, I wouldn't need a mixer!

Edit: I mix with raspberry iced tea

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 3, 2017

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I'm poor so the $16 bottom shelf jug is going to have to last me a week. If I could afford good booze, I wouldn't need a mixer!

Edit: I mix with raspberry iced tea

Raspberry iced tea rum sounds fantastic.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WeAreTheRomans posted:

e:

https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/904131474600988673
https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/904094332252291073
:thunk:

Like, even if this was a lie, does Trump expect reporters to be able to go on every military mission? Like is he gonna burn Maggie Haberman for not being with Seal Team Six in Abbottobad next?

Goddamn, he's just so loving stupid. The Coast Guard goes into this poo poo because that's what they do and what they are proud of and equipped for. Your standard news chopper isn't really built to handle such poo poo, and they aren't trained for such poo poo.

By the way fat boy, why weren't you out there rescuing people in the storm? Of everyone in the US, you owe it to people the most to go help them you orange retarded bastard

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Eventually he's going to suggest someone commit a terrorist act on a new station at this rate.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

bobjr posted:

Eventually he's going to suggest someone commit a terrorist act on a new station at this rate.

He already called on his supporters multiple times during his campaign to attack the media at events....at which point the media should have said "gently caress it" and stopped attending

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

He already called on his supporters multiple times during his campaign to attack the media at events....at which point the media should have said "gently caress it" and stopped attending

Except it doesn't matter if MSNBC or CNN covers Trump as long as Fox, Breitbart and Sinclair keep doing it. If CNN stopped covering Trump's rallies in the middle of the campaign it would helped Trump.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So we now have proof that Trump lied about the reasons for firing Comey? The letter he sent Rosenstein basically says "You didn't tell everyone I wasn't under investigation, I want you gone" and Rosenstein cleaned it up, and Trump hid behind Rosenstein's revisions as a justification for firing Comey.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
TRUE AMERICAN SOLDIERS brave radiation and face THOUSANDS of Norks to save Seoul bomb survivors but FAKE MEDIA refuses to go and fight! MAGA! - Trump tweet, December 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Crossposting from Korea megathread

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/904124455013806081

• Locked thread