Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It's 62 degrees with rain in Munich and I couldn't be happier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's 62 degrees with rain in Munich and I couldn't be happier

62 freedom degrees or 62 communist degrees, this is important

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

62 freedom degrees or 62 communist degrees, this is important

P. sure Munich isn't in the Rub al Khali, so probably Fahrenheit.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

My balls are swampy.

Its going to be cooler here in the east bay at only 101. Friday was 115 and Sat 106.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I bought a 2TB hdd to replace my 6 year old WD 500GB drive, but figured I could leave that one in, and instead rummage through all my old drives to see if there's content worth salvaging. Found my first external hard drive, a 120GB Trekstor monster of a device. Turns out all seasons of JAG were still on it, so I moved them over and had some on in the background while cleaning my apartment and working out.

I came across an episode about Force Recon Marines, and I had forgotten just how loving bad it was. Harm is undercover in a recon training unit, and the exemplary recruits (?) are three pudgy dudes (one of which is the actor that plays Bull Randleman in BoB) and two nobodies. As a demonstration of the mental and physical fortitude, they show one of the dudes failing to negotiate an eight or nine foot wooden board wall, then have his buddies come in (BECAUSE IN RECON, IF ONE MAN FAILS, THE WHOLE UNIT FAILS) to cheer him on, prompting Pudgy McUnderbelly to successfully get over the wall. They then celebrate like they made it through BUD/S or something as their team leader looks on with the smuggest grin ever.

I've watched JAG a shitton as a kid, and rewatched it even more once the internet came around, and while I've always realized how incredibly cringeworthy stuff like that was, it didn't occur to me until this time that they basically had IDR as a military consultant on the show.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a bunch of hot air balloons going up right now in town. Saw maybe 10 yesterday morning, there's upwards of 20 floating around this morning. Tomorrow I'll wake up and walk Frank and there will probably be 50 floating out of town.

This is a weird city.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

There's a bunch of hot air balloons going up right now in town. Saw maybe 10 yesterday morning, there's upwards of 20 floating around this morning. Tomorrow I'll wake up and walk Frank and there will probably be 50 floating out of town.

This is a weird city.

It's the balloon festival man. There's a whole thing at a park on the eastish side of the downtown with kind of a carnival setup.

Edit: memorial park

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Also every festival and community-organized thing in CS is a pile of poo poo where they got sponsorships from scam companies and let them set up booths. Like weird nutrition scams and shady finance companies that are really pyramid schemes. Makes me remember why I hated Colorado Springs so much. If I ever go back to Colorado I refuse to live farther south than Castle Rock.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eh. My biggest complaint this year was the bike race a month back or so. Traffic was a complete clusterfuck and detours were marked in the most piss poor manner, alongside all the construction signs that sit out all year anyhow. Took an hour to get to 21st.

The balloon festival just made me re-route around to get to the dog park yesterday. I'm going to Denver in about an hour, but I'll just run up Academy and miss all the balloons again, and Frank and I can hit Red Rock Canyon when we get back.

You're going to find hocus pocus nutrition and diet poo poo at most festivals of a decent size. And MLM poo poo. My problem with the Springs is the retarded conservative jesus factor, but like the military, if you're not living in certain parts of town, you don't see it. You sure as hell hear it though.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 3, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
temperatures have been in the 60s all week with a spike here and there up to the high 70s.

remember when you lived in the barracks and it was 97 degrees outside but the AC wasn't on in the barracks yet because it hadn't been lower than whatever threshhold for enough days in a row? and then you're one day short of that threshhold and the temperature suddenly drops for a day so you have to wait even longer for the AC to get turned on? so you watch the thermostat in your room go from 79 degrees to 86 degrees within 20 minutes until you tear that fucker off the wall and throw it out of frustration?

goddamn i love being in control of my AC.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't have AC. Which does kinda suck sometimes, but my apartment faces east and all the afternoon sun that bakes us to a crisp here hits the backside of my building. When I get home on 90+F days, my apartment might be 78. Also, cheap electric bill.

If I build what I'm thinking I might, I won't bother with AC. There's mountain land reasonably cheap north of here, wouldn't need it there. The front range is an easy bake oven for a few months, and permits in the Springs are crazy.

The gently caress am I thinking. I need to start a campground in this county and collect rent off those tiny house dumbasses that will spend $60k on a trailer but not buy land and are fine with paying $600/mo for a parking spot with a septic hose and electric panel.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
People literally die in south Louisiana when there are extended power outages because it's so loving hot. I mean, OLD people, but still people.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I fled the bay for Chicago for a few days. Nice and cool by the lake.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i'm going to vancouver for several days for an economics convention.

what's the weather like in early november?

i'll be leashed to the hotel or convention center except for a few hours here and there. what are some quick things i can do that are fun?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The only problem i had with the heat is that its inside my house.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i'm going to vancouver for several days for an economics convention.

what's the weather like in early november?

i'll be leashed to the hotel or convention center except for a few hours here and there. what are some quick things i can do that are fun?

Vancouver, B.C. or Washington?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Going to the Hale Pele in Portland tonight.

I'll be the fat Mexican in a Hawaiin shirt at the bar.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pesticide20 posted:

Vancouver, B.C. or Washington?

B.C.

whoops

also if any of you are in my part of virginia at the beginning of november while i'm in canada i need someone to babysit monty

you need to pass a drug test, background check, and you need to provide a resume and also you need two years babysitting experience (dogs preferably but i will consider you if your experience is limited to cats and kids).

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 3, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poo poo fly into Seattle, bring him with you and leave him with me. Got a dog run, kennel and a few acres to play on with my monkeys.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

San Francisco smells like piss and it's full of bums. Why do people pay 5 grand a month to live here?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 3, 2017

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

San Francisco smells like piss and it's full of bums. Why do people pay 5 grand a month to live here?

Because people can make a ridiculous amount of money.

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

LingcodKilla posted:

poo poo fly into Seattle, bring him with you and leave him with me. Got a dog run, kennel and a few acres to play on with my monkeys.

The airline would end up suffocating or freezing him to death in the cargo bay.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The aquarium in Vancouver is worth checking out, as is Vancouver Island. On the American side of the border Bellingham isn't too far away and has a few decent breweries.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Portland is worse especially for being much smaller.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Delizin posted:

The airline would end up suffocating or freezing him to death in the cargo bay.

yeah i would only fly with monty if it meant he could sit in the seat next to me.

Pesticide20 posted:

The aquarium in Vancouver is worth checking out, as is Vancouver Island. On the American side of the border Bellingham isn't too far away and has a few decent breweries.

not sure how much drinking i'll be able to do since this is a school funded trip. my part is seriously only $50 total, including lodging and food. stuff like the aquarium would come out of my pocket but still. career opportunity possibilities aside, a person would be foolish to pass up this kind of deal.

i'll definitely look into the aquarium though.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Going to the Hale Pele in Portland tonight.

I'll be the fat Mexican in a Hawaiin shirt at the bar.

In the morning go to Pine State Biscuits off of Division.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 3, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Because I am paid a ridiculous amount of money to work there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Because I am paid a ridiculous amount of money to work there.

Is it nicer living in Sausalito or one of the other outlying cities? Things seem even worse than the last time I visited last year. Maybe it was the heat wave yesterday turbocharging people.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I love in San Mateo. gently caress the city, it's full of bums, piss, and tourists.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
whatever happened to predictability?

the milkman

the paperboy

evening tv?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I fled the bay for Chicago for a few days. Nice and cool by the lake.

You're in town? Hit me up.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

because techbro idiots

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

You're in town? Hit me up.

Next time man. I'm here once a month.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I signed up for sling tv to watch college football. Pay two months up front of any tier as far as I can tell (even the $20 one) and they send a free roku if anyone is interested.

So far I like it. I think I like PlayStation Vue more but this is cheaper, and with the roku I can watch it on my tv.

I just wish ESPN would fix their lovely rear end streaming service.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I wish I could get Sunday ticket without direct TV. Goddamn NFL needs to get with the times

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

I wish I could get Sunday ticket without direct TV. Goddamn NFL needs to get with the times

I think you can depending on your area.

https://nflst.directv.com/?CMP=LEC-P1-FM-EM-G-10072001

$69/mo.

Or depending on how much integrity you don't have...

https://nflst.directv.com/student $24.99/mo

Friend of mine used it, hasn't been a student for about a decade and ran into no problems. Works just like Netflix. No contract, they just cut it off if you don't pay.

E: Yes this is a new thing they are doing. They had the student option last year but I don't remember the non-student option. I'm going to wait until the end of September. I don't feel like spending money to get burned by the Bucs.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I signed up for sling tv to watch college football. Pay two months up front of any tier as far as I can tell (even the $20 one) and they send a free roku if anyone is interested.

So far I like it. I think I like PlayStation Vue more but this is cheaper, and with the roku I can watch it on my tv.

I just wish ESPN would fix their lovely rear end streaming service.

Sling is alright. It's not without flaws, but the cheapest option if you only want a handful of time wasting channels. Sometimes the feed changes and doesn't carry through from show to show, so you have to shuffle channels occasionally just to keep it awake. Or maybe that's an xbox thing.

Also the resolution will be poo poo during high demand shows or games, but every other station will be crystal clear.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Next time man. I'm here once a month.

Good deal. Shoot me a pm and we'll figure something out.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

temperatures have been in the 60s all week with a spike here and there up to the high 70s.

remember when you lived in the barracks and it was 97 degrees outside but the AC wasn't on in the barracks yet because it hadn't been lower than whatever threshhold for enough days in a row? and then you're one day short of that threshhold and the temperature suddenly drops for a day so you have to wait even longer for the AC to get turned on? so you watch the thermostat in your room go from 79 degrees to 86 degrees within 20 minutes until you tear that fucker off the wall and throw it out of frustration?

goddamn i love being in control of my AC.

Cole it's cool now, you're out & the Army can't touch you anymore.
Not sure why you keep fantasizing about barracks life though, ah well not my problem.

The furnace kicked on a few times this week, which is bizarre for August, however I'll take it over the usual FloridaJr weather here for August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is House of Blues worth checking out or is it one of those overrated things?

• Locked thread