Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My girlfriend's sister uses "mauldy", but mostly as an affectation. I don't know if it's a Newfoundland thing or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It doesn't even need to be existing slang, you just make up random nonsense words and it still works exactly the same.

"Oi Bazza, come over on Tuesday arvo and we'll get totally splonking mollywobbled!"
"Yeahhhhh mate, let's get fuckin' flundunkled!"

Perfectly cromulent. If any Australian heard that exchange they wouldn't have the slightest doubt what was being discussed.

Only because Australians only ever talk about one thing.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Subjunctive posted:

My girlfriend's sister uses "mauldy", but mostly as an affectation. I don't know if it's a Newfoundland thing or what.

Newfoundlanders are mostly escaped irish people so some slang from the aul sod probably went over with them.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

We have a cool project here in Pittsburgh. There's a team of goats guarded by a miniature donkey clearing out overgrown city lots.

It takes all my self control to not try and pet them when I pass a lot they're working on.

Sixteen years ago when we were wasting our time going to art school in Pittsburgh, my wife and I were visiting a temporary petting zoo exhibit at the aviary on the North Side. There were a bunch of kids who had probably never seen a live farm animal before running in terror away from the most adorable baby pig, and later my wife was bit by a donkey she was petting. We still want to pet donkeys every time we pass by a small farm that has a couple of them. Welp, that's my story, thanks for listening, see ya.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Only because Australians only ever talk about one thing.

didgeridoos?

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

didgeridoos?

Yes. Here is a picture of one.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Per the Australia thread when I was reading it, Australians talk about weed, drinking, and the weather.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Australia thread also had a man stuffing honey down his bleeding dickhole to keep it from getting infected so.....you know.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Australia thread also had a man stuffing honey down his bleeding dickhole to keep it from getting infected so.....you know.

Yeah but prime minister is a stressful job so we try to be a bit understanding about it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

To be fair, honey has anti-bacterial properties. How his dick started bleeding is another story.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Parking fine? Nahhhh. :moonrio:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tendai posted:

Per the Australia thread when I was reading it, Australians talk about weed, drinking, and the weather.

Good job making a cat think it has the power to kill a motherfucker with one swipe of its claws, I guess. Sure that can end well :shrug:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Good job making a cat think it has the power to kill a motherfucker with one swipe of its claws, I guess. Sure that can end well :shrug:

Cats have some of the worst short term memory of any animal, it probably forgot right after the gif ended.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Who killed Frasier Crane?

From Antifa Sarkeesian on Twitter

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Kelsey Grammar has ever wanted to reboot Frasier except now Frasier is this Rush Limbaugh type, to reflect more accurately his real life predilections.

Co-starring Tim Allen.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Subjunctive posted:

We say "mauldy" or "mauldy drunk" over here in Ireland and Newfies are basically bizzarro Irish people.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder if Kelsey Grammar has ever wanted to reboot Frasier except now Frasier is this Rush Limbaugh type, to reflect more accurately his real life predilections.

Co-starring Tim Allen.

I'd watch it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Co-starring Tim Allen.
With special guest Dennis Miller.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hirayuki posted:

With special guest Dennis Miller.

And Scott Baio as Chachi.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RagnarokAngel posted:

Cats have some of the worst short term memory of any animal, it probably forgot right after the gif ended.

Not my cat man. Took one look at a mylar balloon and was horrified. First he wouldn't go in the bedroom where it was safely stashed away on my gf's bedside table for days.

A few days more pass and he packed his things and moved out permanently to be a street cat. We had even started keeping the door to the bedroom closed at all times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*slams down Gatorade bottle in disgust

"Boot my car will they?!"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

End up paying the fine, the late fees, AND for a new wheel and tire, all because he doesn't realize that they write down your fuckin information

TBF boots are dumb in general, unless someone has long outstanding tickets they're ignoring.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

BrianBoitano posted:

End up paying the fine, the late fees, AND for a new wheel and tire, all because he doesn't realize that they write down your fuckin information

Joke's on you. He drove his car into the river.

Checkmate.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJsqXzz5zs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Don't post your weird fetish videos ITT

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

My kindred spirit animals. I too snore and fart in long squeaky sighs.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Horse Farts will be to the 21st Century what Whale Songs was to the 20th.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

It doesn't even need to be existing slang, you just make up random nonsense words and it still works exactly the same.

"Oi Bazza, come over on Tuesday arvo and we'll get totally splonking mollywobbled!"
"Yeahhhhh mate, let's get fuckin' flundunkled!"

Perfectly cromulent. If any Australian heard that exchange they wouldn't have the slightest doubt what was being discussed.

What the bloody hell are you fanarkling on about?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Goddammit you got me at a very strange emotionally broken moment and instead of laughing this made me sad and now I want to cry.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Sep 4, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is what Soylent was created for.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wouldn't plants be cool with that since that's how they're supposed to spread their seeds and poo poo

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

From my Twitter feed earlier tonight.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Calaveron posted:

Wouldn't plants be cool with that since that's how they're supposed to spread their seeds and poo poo

Forced midwifery, we have been enslaved

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Calaveron posted:

This is true of fruit, but not generally other plants.

By the way, anyone who has't read about it before, check out how Jains are supposed to eat. It's quite intense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Why do the holes for the lug nuts on the tire look sealed but the shadow says otherwise?