Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If there are any "content" updates in future we should try to figure out which asset pack(s) they are taken from.

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Countdown till Ashes of Creation absorbs like 50% of the people working on Shroud of the Avatar and goes under a year later.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Countdown till Ashes of Creation absorbs like 50% of the people working on Shroud of the Avatar and goes under a year later.

I still do a lol every time I remember shroud of the avatar and pantheon had a crossover promotion and neither game has the promo items in it still, hell 1 hasn't even ever offered the players a alpha.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I still do a lol every time I remember shroud of the avatar and pantheon had a crossover promotion and neither game has the promo items in it still, hell 1 hasn't even ever offered the players a alpha.
star citizen is still missing its shroud of the avatar crossbow, too

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TheAgent posted:

star citizen is still missing its shroud of the avatar crossbow, too

Maybe Croberts is playing the long game of waiting until Shroud shutters in a month or so then he doesn't have to abide by the contract anymore because the other entity doesn't exist.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Byolante posted:

Maybe Croberts is playing the long game of waiting until Shroud shutters in a month or so then he doesn't have to abide by the contract anymore because the other entity doesn't exist.

But neither does Star Citizen so...

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

WebDO posted:

But neither does Star Citizen so...

But his company does, and I believe that is the entity being referred to...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
It's always a good thing when your scam game is compared to star citizen

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

lalaland posted:

EQN was such a success why wouldn't you give them money?

to be fair nobody knows if EQN would or wouldn't have been a success cause the game was almost non existent outside of some lofty design ideals when it was cancelled

in other words it was SUCH an abysmal failure, that you can't even reasonably speculate whether the people who worked on it are capable of making a good game or not. quite a feat!

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
I bought one of the larger packages on kickstarter just to sell it and make a profit later. Hopefully the game turns out to be good, however the founder of the company made all of his money on MLM schemes so I have a lot of doubt about that happening(I knew the guy on archeage.)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wonder if this game will beat Star Citizen to release.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
probably. less feature creep.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I gave these guys $45. I told them to give my free hotdog to a homeless person.

I AM READY TO BUY JPGS.

edit:

Space Bat posted:

also, there will be swords.

Tell me more about these swords. Would I get a headstart week?

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 9, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ffycchi posted:

I bought one of the larger packages on kickstarter just to sell it and make a profit later. Hopefully the game turns out to be good, however the founder of the company made all of his money on MLM schemes so I have a lot of doubt about that happening(I knew the guy on archeage.)

Solid Av/post combo.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
just pledged 5,000$ for this since i never got the chance to buy a bengal carrier in star citizen

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/903201869463515137

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol that double tap skill for bonus combat looks so poo poo when the time to double tap is randomized.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I like that they don't have a single ability that isn't directly stolen/ported from some other MMO. Which at some point, I guess everything has kind of been done, but sheesh.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i like how this game is the spiritual successor to one of the most visible disasters in recent years, you know it's going to end well :mrgw:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Everquest Next devs? How reassuring

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I have a confession to make. I spent money on this. I am part of the problem. If this does not go well I will probably never pay for anything on Kickstarter again.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Perhaps some foreshadowing: Ashes of Creation PAX panel is "Making MMOs Great Again"

Yeah I'm sure they're just trying to be funny but the sense of irony is not lost

http://west.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/ashes-of-creation-making-mmos-great-again

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Lube banjo posted:

"Making MMOs Great Again"
:stonk:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
MMMORPGGA is either the worst acronym ever or the sound I make when I am choking to death

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

"most anticipated " mmo

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/904033830117498880

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

lethality has already marked this one for the grave

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
That lethality actually has a following dedicated enough to mail him free stuff is really weird to me. People actually take that dude seriously?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CoffeeBooze posted:

That lethality actually has a following dedicated enough to mail him free stuff is really weird to me. People actually take that dude seriously?

:ssh: Lethality is a shill and it's not his "following" that's giving him "free" stuff :ssh:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
But guys what if this time things are different!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Kimsemus posted:

But guys what if this time things are different!

Then we, the third party with no particular investment, win anyway because we get the reward with none of the risk. If it ends up actually being a thing that is good and fun, we just play it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ashes of Creation Announces First Test Phase for December 15th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlOqAj9kXE

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcOdyuV0tX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSp59zFWaCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITT5uAwg60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QmlggH7yA

Christopher
May 29, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Then we, the third party with no particular investment, win anyway because we get the reward with none of the risk. If it ends up actually being a thing that is good and fun, we just play it.

Seriously, what ever happened to this? We experienced great games like Ultima Online, Everquest, and World of Warcraft without emptying our pockets BEFORE release. Investing is one thing. This is something else entirely.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
There is a substantial pool of players who grew up with those games who now have a sizeable disposable income that developers are tapping into to fund development. Its kind of silly for the people who do the funding though since they arent actual investors, they will never see an actual return on the cash they are ponying up. Youve seen this have really nasty results in cases like the Oculus Rift where the owners sold the company to Facebook and got rich leaving all those backers upset because not only was it a move they disagreed with but were unable to stop, but also because it drastically changed the nature of their hardware into something they didnt really want. If they had been actual shareholders they at least would have had a say in the sale and gotten some kind of return on the money they spent.

But, since video game dorks are terrible at handling money this poo poo is just going to keep happening.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ya "gamers" are a bunch of high functioning retards and i would know :downs:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Those idiots have been there since the beginning, only instead of someone paying five grand for a full suite of GMed characters and a castle in UO, they're paying the same amount to kit out a virtual brass band and eBay isn't taking a cut. In the days of invite and application-based betas, they'd swarm forums and news posts, begging to be allowed to pay to test. THe only difference is that companies hadn't yet realized that the Koreans were on to something with their RMT schemes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Back when I played WoW I used to read a bunch of MMO blogs debating the virtues of proper virtual worlds (vs. the evil that is themeparks). Basically all of them have been clamoring for the return of UO , sometimes mixed with chasing the experience of playing EQ when they were young. I just checked out the ones I could remember and naturally they all jumped on EQ next, and then Pantheon and Ashes.

And the ones who also do political commentary all have Breitbart links on their blog and rant about social justice warriors in gaming :allears:

This is my "idiots in MMOs" story.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you have too much time on your hands, eve online is still the best mmo tbh. As much as I like ff14 and gw2 for letting me play in 15 minute increments, the high points of eve were the best time I've ever had online. It's just the 3-5 hours of preparation that take you to get to those points that I don't have time for anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
EVE is the epitome of "bad games can be fun if played with other people" because everything that's not doing the actual ops with or against other people (ie. the logistics part of 0.0, all the spreadsheeting you do to build/fit/earn/equip ships etc. and all the solo content) is actively bad and boring.

That's still better than Ashes etc. in which content "with other people" is also bad :v: