Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I recommend going Witch Doctor because Arachyr is the best speedfarming build out of those Haedrig sets and all the extra ain't Gear will boost your inevitable Necromancer alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mustached Demon posted:

Spin the Diablo III wheel of destiny. It shall decide for you.

Please elaborate. I still think I'll go crusader for S12.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

great big cardboard tube posted:

All I do is command skeletons once as soon as a pack appears on screen (or even spam it while running to the next pack to get it to trigger once asap) to freeze and get your 400% damage and then let Jesseth handle keeping that going while you sit at near max range and spam spikes/devour/raise mages when you have full essence. Save a bit of essence after you clean up the tons of globes and spam a bunch more mages so you can command skeletons again first thing next pack and repeat. Always simulacrum when it's up and save lotd for a really dangerous pack or to get full mages back up after a death/lull in mobs/right when entering a fresh rift. I don't even use an esoteric or anything and this works for me great up tomid 90s so far, far from fully geared/paragond out. I use the zeis/trapped/enforcer and coe/haunted visions/witching hour variant.

You must simply play better than me, because everything except my jewelry is ancient.

Something I've wondered about Bane of the Trapped - is it worth it for that type of play, when you're trying to stay far away (ie, over 30 yards) from the poo poo you're trying to kill?

e: This is my character right now https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 , I'm not sure what I could improve or change out here.

Node fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 4, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Larrymer posted:

Pick a random class somehow and then make that one.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Is there an easy link somewhere to what all of these sets look like as a set? I want to make whichever has the best skins.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Node posted:

Something I've wondered about Bane of the Trapped - is it worth it for that type of play, when you're trying to stay far away (ie, over 30 yards) from the poo poo you're trying to kill?

Yes, it works just as good as long as you have stuns/cc coming from somewhere else in your build.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Organza Quiz posted:

Is there an easy link somewhere to what all of these sets look like as a set? I want to make whichever has the best skins.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Node posted:

e: This is my character right now https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Node-1599/hero/93648539 , I'm not sure what I could improve or change out here.

Missing crit chance on both rings is really hurting. Bracers should be physical not poison %. Area damage is good and cool on gloves and shoulders over vit. Essence doesn't seem to be maxed in paragon and you don't have it on the weapon. I like diamond in the helm. A Krysbin's closer to max or cubing it and equipping a 4 second Naijul's will add a fair little bit of dps too.

Personally I think it's a bit silly to use Singularity mages and no Simulacrum but whatever. If you do want to change it up more go witching hour over Dayntee's and swap Decrepify for Simulacrum, then consider coe + haunted visions for travelers set.

I don't have ancient chest/pants/helm/belt/jewelry and only 2 augments so far and my sheet dps is like 50% higher than yours and in reality higher than that. My toughness is less than half (and I don't have the Dayntee's to activate) and it's been working for me :shrug: I think your problem is lack of damage and trying too hard, futilely, to shore up the toughness instead of melting things faster.

great big cardboard tube fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 4, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
How the gently caress do you do Instant Karma now? It used to be really easy. Now the Skeleton King doesn't do any damage to them, even if I weaken them.

great big cardboard tube posted:

Missing crit chance on both rings is really hurting. Bracers should be physical not poison %. Area damage is good and cool on gloves and shoulders over vit. Essence doesn't seem to be maxed in paragon and you don't have it on the weapon. I like diamond in the helm. A Krysbin's closer to max or cubing it and equipping a 4 second Naijul's will add a fair little bit of dps too.

Personally I think it's a bit silly to use Singularity mages and no Simulacrum but whatever. If you do want to change it up more go witching hour over Dayntee's and swap Decrepify for Simulacrum, then consider coe + haunted visions for travelers set.

I don't have ancient chest/pants/helm/belt/jewelry and only 2 augments so far and my sheet dps is like 50% higher than yours and in reality higher than that. My toughness is less than half (and I don't have the Dayntee's to activate) and it's been working for me :shrug: I think your problem is lack of damage and trying too hard, futilely, to shore up the toughness instead of melting things faster.

I wish I could get crit on my rings, or better rings at all, believe me. But no amount of cubing and gambling is getting me them. My essence is definitely maxed, the page might be out of date or something.

edit: yeah I have no idea how people do this. I put on a witching hour, changed out decrepify for simulacrum reservoir, and put a diamond in my helm. I can't make progress when a quill fiend teleports behind me and one shots me. Idgi.

Node fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 4, 2017

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Node posted:

How the gently caress do you do Instant Karma now? It used to be really easy. Now the Skeleton King doesn't do any damage to them, even if I weaken them.

He only does damage with his teleport-into-big swing combo so it can be a hassle. The best way I know is to use a single target skill and drop your damage so you can reliably knock his minions under 10% health without killing them, then wait.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I guess someone has to manually push a button to trigger the next Challenge Rift. Looks like we'll get it tomorrow then.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DrSeRRoD posted:

I guess someone has to manually push a button to trigger the next Challenge Rift. Looks like we'll get it tomorrow then.

It's Labor Day. Go outside.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Star Man posted:

This is the Blizzard forum. Please don't troll.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Node posted:

This is the Blizzard forum. Please don't troll.

Go outside during a blizzard and pretend you're on your way to fight Baal in the mountains.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Star Man posted:

I came in from outside just for the challenge rift, and by outside, I mean Starcraft.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Star Man posted:

what a hosed up thing to say

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This challenge rift has shown me just how terrible some people are at building their characters. 350k HP in a GR 50+. :psypop:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
For Instant Karma I stack life per second, drop the difficulty to T1 then trigger the skelly king fight and go AFK for 20 minutes or so.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Suspicious posted:

For Instant Karma I stack life per second, drop the difficulty to T1 then trigger the skelly king fight and go AFK for 20 minutes or so.

A Good Achievement

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Larrymer posted:

Diablo III wheel of destiny

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

I kept rerolling this at the mystic until I got wizard (f.) Took only 8 spins.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly this looks awesome! I think I will try to be a crusader next season. I managed to get all my lazy storm stuff up to be able to do level 50 greater rifts and play torment level IX comfortably I think I am burning out, so I need to take a break again.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Look I'm not telling you that your opinion is wrong but all I'm saying is that the set makes you look like a cheap halloween decoration probably labelled something like "skeleton candle man"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Don't make me want it more, OK!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The helmet looks like an upturned boot from the side. I love me some ridiculous armour :D

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Poultron posted:

Look I'm not telling you that your opinion is wrong but all I'm saying is that the set makes you look like a cheap halloween decoration probably labelled something like "skeleton candle man"

And?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I'm playing this again for the first time since the original release (over 5 years ago, wow) and jumped right in with a necro. It's nice to see CE still wrecks face, especially with the gloves that ramp its damage up to 5x. I'm only in my 40s atm but I'm not really in any rush to reach endgame stuff, just enjoying the ride.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Poultron posted:

i'm... i'm sorry, are you suggesting that "skeleton candle man" is a bad thing?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the set is called seeker of the light, yet the reason he can't find it is because it's sitting right on top of his head. :shobon:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Its like a cat with a laser pointer attached to its head.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So have they announced season 12 yet?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

veedubfreak posted:

So have they announced season 12 yet?

They haven't even announced the end of S 11 yet.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

To all the haters: I don't want to be a skeleton candle man because I am terrified of skeletons. please understand

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Poultron posted:

To all the haters: I don't want to be a skeleton candle man because I am terrified of skeletons. please understand

Embrace the skeletons. They're already inside of you.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Inside you is a skeleton man just waiting to get out.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Despite recommendations to the contrary, I'm actually enjoying Trag'oul Corpse lance. Cleared a GR 86 last night with few ancients and no augments, could push higher still. Using macros to spam Devour and Decrepify made the busy work of the build bearable (Devour spam, at least, is also workable with numlock trick for the less fortunate). Coming from somebody who enjoyed the 'cancer' build formally known as Firebug wizard in Season 6 to farm GR 90s and even clear a 97, it's been truly exciting to finally close in on completing a GR 90 with a legit build and not have it be a ridiculous grind. I think playing Firebug and LanceBonestorm really prepared me for this odd style of play. (Also, now that interest in the season has died, I actually reliably get an 80ms ping to the servers :ssh:)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Took me long enough. I got the necromancer wings.

I love them better than the wings I had pre ordering ROS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dameius posted:

Inside you is a skeleton man just waiting to get out.

I hate how in your face skulls are.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I hate how in your face skulls are.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Eregos posted:

Despite recommendations to the contrary, I'm actually enjoying Trag'oul Corpse lance. Cleared a GR 86 last night with few ancients and no augments, could push higher still. Using macros to spam Devour and Decrepify made the busy work of the build bearable (Devour spam, at least, is also workable with numlock trick for the less fortunate). Coming from somebody who enjoyed the 'cancer' build formally known as Firebug wizard in Season 6 to farm GR 90s and even clear a 97, it's been truly exciting to finally close in on completing a GR 90 with a legit build and not have it be a ridiculous grind. I think playing Firebug and LanceBonestorm really prepared me for this odd style of play. (Also, now that interest in the season has died, I actually reliably get an 80ms ping to the servers :ssh:)

I also really really hated it when I was going for the leaderboards but I realized lately that it's more because pushing as high as possible is miserable. So many start grift 99 - blood rush - hit and killed by spear or hell witch - leave game and restart.

Now I play it while leveling gems because as long as I'm not at the absolute max I can wear a unity instead of convention and I like it better than rathma because rathma without fail will die while blood lance is surprisingly tanky and I usually finish 90-95 with all 5 gem level opportunities.

The only thing I hate though is outside of a crazy map you can't overlevel a rift and go really quickly - it's always about 11-14m it feels like.