Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well maybe the hurricane will put out the fires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

With movements of their missiles being obviously broadcasted all over the news and with the state of Mattis and Haley's words.. I don't honestly see how the situation can make it until Saturday. Something is going to crack sooner than that.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
was gonna do NoFap but gently caress it, Im not gonna let ss-18 take me at my most sexually frustrated

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Knives Amilli posted:

was gonna do NoFap but gently caress it, Im not gonna let ss-18 take me at my most sexually frustrated

Your name mean what I think?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now my memory is a bit hosed since there's a new scandal every week if not more. Fatty Un is a lot noisier than his dad. But was he doing quite as much saber rattling last year? Is us having an unstable leader possibly a factor in his current behavior?

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Two Finger posted:

Trigun?

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Well, in the past, he was able to get into the news by blowing his family members from an AA gun. Or having them assassinated in other nations.

I guess he's looking to diversify his "crazed, paranoid dictator tightens hold on the reins of control" portfolio?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nah thought it was a play on Aximili

Yes I was a giant nerd as a kid too

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

An anime fan that also masturbates so much they feel like they need to take a break from masturbating, what are the chances??!!?!

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Two Finger posted:

Nah thought it was a play on Aximili

Yes I was a giant nerd as a kid too

animorphs was an underrated book series. Loved em as a kid.

Slim Pickens posted:

An anime fan that also masturbates so much they feel like they need to take a break from masturbating, what are the chances??!!?!

Actually nowadays its less Anime and more Overwatch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Really loving dark for kids books too since most of them were suffering massive PTSD for a lot of the series.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blind Rasputin posted:

With movements of their missiles being obviously broadcasted all over the news and with the state of Mattis and Haley's words.. I don't honestly see how the situation can make it until Saturday. Something is going to crack sooner than that.

Trump is 100% going to order that one of their tests gets intercepted. Only question is if people in the Whitehouse can stop it from happening

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Two Finger posted:

he doesnt jerk off with knives im pretty sure

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Xenoborg posted:

Minot has 100% of B52 nukes so that plus the few B2s at Whiteman are a full third of the nuclear trinity.

It was also to cover the ICBM silos around grand forks. Definitely for preserving a second strike threat.

Edit: there were other B52 nuke bases and other nuke planes back in the 1970s though.

Barksdale doesn't have nukes anymore?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Trump is 100% going to order that one of their tests gets intercepted. Only question is if people in the Whitehouse can stop it from happening

wouldnt it be dangerous to do such a thing? if it works, trumps emboldened? if it fails, well everyones watching?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

wouldnt it be dangerous to do such a thing? if it works, trumps emboldened? if it fails, well everyones watching?

I imagine if it works then lots of bad things happen within the next few hours.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
None of this poo poo anyone's talking about is going to happen

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

milk milk lemonade posted:

None of this poo poo anyone's talking about is going to happen

Trump's never gonna a be president guys it's oka-

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Shooting at someone else's aircraft or spacecraft is an act of war. So yes, it would be foolish to do it without good reason. A rational actor would not do so.

One could argue that the current president of the United States is not a rational actor.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

That Works posted:

I imagine if it works then lots of bad things happen within the next few hours.

If by bad things you mean shitloads of intel on your real world intercept capabilities being analysed by China and Russia, then yes.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

That Works posted:

Barksdale doesn't have nukes anymore?

Nope. Went no nuke something like 6 years ago. If a Barksdale tail needs a nuke they fly it to Minot and pick one up. Only around half the active fleet even still have their arming computer due to START (but not split by base).

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Irma's now category 5.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

psydude posted:

Irma's now category 5.

gently caress

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gonna have the BEST hurricanes, just the best

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I live 2 blocks from Miami Beach and my backyard is the intercoastal. My condo has a boat dock on the back lmao

Guess I'm gunna go to ftl with my parents but not much better

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I've been seeing "poor misunderstood North Korea is the victim" memes on Facebook. One of them said that North Korea hasn't been at war since 1953.

Did I wake up in an alternate reality this morning?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Waroduce posted:

I live 2 blocks from Miami Beach and my backyard is the intercoastal. My condo has a boat dock on the back lmao

Guess I'm gunna go to ftl with my parents but not much better

Good luck

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

McNally posted:

I've been seeing "poor misunderstood North Korea is the victim" memes on Facebook. One of them said that North Korea hasn't been at war since 1953.

Did I wake up in an alternate reality this morning?

Many people on the internet are morons, news at 11

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FrozenVent posted:

Shooting at someone else's aircraft or spacecraft is an act of war. So yes, it would be foolish to do it without good reason. A rational actor would not do so.

One could argue that the current president of the United States is not a rational actor.

But we are already at war with North Korea?
I understand we are temporarily paused.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

psydude posted:

If memory serves, a breath test is not admissible in court proceedings. In that case, wouldn't it be best to just refuse the blood test?

In NY, a roadside PBT (preliminary breath test) done with a cop's handheld breathalyzer can be used as probable cause/reasonable cause to believe to arrest for DUI/DWAI (driving while ability impaired, i.e. BAC under .08). That's done along side the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests to provide probable cause/reasonable cause to believe that the person is intoxicated.

The PBT isn't admissible in court but under implied consent, a refusal results in a DMV hearing in which the person loses their license for up to a year. So if you refuse, you lose your license. That's pretty standard across the country.

Once the person is arrested for DUI/DWAI, they're taken back to the precinct where a regularly calibrated breathalyzer is used. That's admissible in court. They can also do blood draws there, and those are admissible as well. AFAIK, you can't refuse those as they are taken incident to the arrest.

Here's the national SFST manual used for training LEOs. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...bGXDEGsRrocZBAg

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
At the end of the day: All this talk about the tests doesn't matter: He wasn't the perpetrator, he was the victim of the perpetrator, so there was little to no justification for the cop's need nor desire for a blood test. The proper thing would've been to get a warrant if he needed it, but he wouldn't have gotten it.

Let alone for him to go on a power trip and attempt to arrest a fully justified ER Nurse.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 5, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

In NY, a roadside PBT (preliminary breath test) done with a cop's handheld breathalyzer can be used as probable cause/reasonable cause to believe to arrest for DUI/DWAI (driving while ability impaired, i.e. BAC under .08). That's done along side the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests to provide probable cause/reasonable cause to believe that the person is intoxicated.

The PBT isn't admissible in court but under implied consent, a refusal results in a DMV hearing in which the person loses their license for up to a year. So if you refuse, you lose your license. That's pretty standard across the country.

Once the person is arrested for DUI/DWAI, they're taken back to the precinct where a regularly calibrated breathalyzer is used. That's admissible in court. They can also do blood draws there, and those are admissible as well. AFAIK, you can't refuse those as they are taken incident to the arrest.

Here's the national SFST manual used for training LEOs. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...bGXDEGsRrocZBAg

So what's to stop someone from refusing the field sobriety test and just giving up their license for a year?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

psydude posted:

So what's to stop someone from refusing the field sobriety test and just giving up their license for a year?

Nothing, though depending on the officer's observations, it might not save you from the DUI conviction.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

psydude posted:

Absolutely nothing. Best way to (try to) get out of a DUI

Tyro posted:

Nothing, though depending on the officer's observations, it might not save you from the DUI conviction.

This is very true, but giving up your blood/breath will get you dunked on 100% of the time. You may have leverage for a better plea deal if you refuse

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
A Ohio sheriff's deputy shot a newspaper photographer at a traffic stop, after he mistook his camera for a gun.

http://newcarlislenews.net/index.php/public-records/sheriff-reports-6/3290-deputy-shoots-new-carlisle-news-photographer

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or maybe just don't drink and drive :shrug:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Have cops always been this incompetent, and we're just starting to realize it now? Or have departments really loosened their standards recently.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Maybe. But this is GiP

We might be the smart crayon eaters but don't let that deceive you

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psydude posted:

It isn't necessarily a year and there's nothing to stop you from refusing.

Almost all states suspend your license for a similar if not the exact same amount of time for an above limit blow as well, thus making

If you are ever suspected of a crime your best bet is to not provide anything at all to police without a lawyer's advice. Go talk to a DUI lawyer in your jurisdiction and ask them for more locally tailored advice, but i'm almost certain it will match what i'm posting.

First and foremost rule, though, is don't drink and drive. That's the best way to avoid a DUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I agree this is the correct choice of action.

• Locked thread