Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Primadonna tanks are the worst. Booting someone for not Goading you is the tip of the whiny oval office iceberg. Let me tell you, not packing Goad because most people in DF are terrible and don't need it is super valid. It's okay to ask for a Goad in dungeons. It's okay to ask the party to do anything, but you're asking, not demanding. The "I'm a tank, so I'm running poo poo" mindset that some people have needs to go.

I dunno, I had an exdr go from a medium paced excursion to a slog because two friends decided to kick a tank about half way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The tank, and secondarily the healer, are running the show, or rather vital to the operation, because the dungeon is not doable without them. This is why the game matches you with these specialized roles when using the duty finder.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do full pulls as a WAR and never needed goad. It's great to have but entirely unnecessary of you know what you are doing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only everyone played a real man's tank like DRK which not only generates it's own resources, but also literally cannot be gifted its resource by others. A bastion of self-sustainability.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do full pulls as a WAR and never needed goad. It's great to have but entirely unnecessary of you know what you are doing.

paladin is the tank that needs goad the most, not warrior

both do really want goad tho, because spamming aoe is more damage than single target when doing Real Pulls

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Saint Freak posted:

If only everyone played a real man's tank like DRK which not only generates it's own resources, but also literally cannot be gifted its resource by others. A bastion of self-sustainability.

Atlas Pulled

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
For twelve years you have been asking: Who is Fray Myste?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

strong bird posted:

The tank, and secondarily the healer, are running the show, or rather vital to the operation, because the dungeon is not doable without them. This is why the game matches you with these specialized roles when using the duty finder.

All 3 roles are necessary, that is why you are placed in a party and expected to work harmoniously. Namaste.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Yesterday I ran Tam-Tara Deepcroft with 3 tanks and a BRD. Really put the difficulty of the first few dungeons in perspective.

Ya don't necessarily need healers.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
To be fair most of the leveling content is doable with 3 people regardless who you're missing. Having both a tank and a healer is a luxury, not a necessity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

strong bird posted:

Not at all. You can run any dungeon in the game with four dps, four healers, or four tanks and many of them with only 2 people regardless of role. We've queued up premades plenty of times with wrong compositions for expert and other roulettes and still crushed it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It took me halfway through Sastasha to read the tooltip for Flash.

I, of course, admitted zero fault. It was obviously the DPS who kept on pulling threat.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Phone posted:

It took me halfway through Sastasha to read the tooltip for Flash.

I, of course, admitted zero fault. It was obviously the DPS who kept on pulling threat.

Look you would have flashed more if the RDM or BLM just gave you a loving Mana Shift.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

When I run PLD and the dps party members aren't doing their AoEs I will eventually run out of TP from Total Eclipse spam. This happens more often than I'd like.

:same:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

OneDeadman posted:

Look you would have flashed more if the RDM or BLM just gave you a loving Mana Shift.

Cast Protect on me, bro.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not at all. You can run any dungeon in the game with four dps, four healers, or four tanks and many of them with only 2 people regardless of role. We've queued up premades plenty of times with wrong compositions for expert and other roulettes and still crushed it.

I don't think so, buddy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

You Are Not Overpowering Enough

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hell the most difficult four man content was soloed almost all the way to the end. The time running out is the only reason that noz couldn't clear POTD.

Now I'm not saying that he's an average player by any means, but there is no real challenge in any 4 man content in this game. Tanks and healers are superfluous and aren't really needed for dungeons.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

This. Prior to the 4.01 enmity patch I actually quit playing Warrior because of how TP negative it is and I never saw a Goad or Tactician once despite losing aggro due to not being able to Overpower.

ilifinicus posted:

paladin is the tank that needs goad the most, not warrior

both do really want goad tho, because spamming aoe is more damage than single target when doing Real Pulls

No, Warrior wants it more. Overpower is more TP than Total Eclipse and once a Warrior runs out of TP there's legitimately nothing they can do but sit on their rear end while Paladin can be tossing out Holy Spirit or at least Flash.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

This. Prior to the 4.01 enmity patch I actually quit playing Warrior because of how TP negative it is and I never saw a Goad or Tactician once despite losing aggro due to not being able to Overpower.

No, Warrior wants it more. Overpower is more TP than Total Eclipse and once a Warrior runs out of TP there's legitimately nothing they can do but sit on their rear end while Paladin can be tossing out Holy Spirit or at least Flash.
point here is that warrior can inner release and smash decimate for days while their TP regenerates

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well I finished HW...

By the way, when are we getting the Falcon Mount? I've been constantly subbed since SB came out :(

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Well I finished HW...

By the way, when are we getting the Falcon Mount? I've been constantly subbed since SB came out :(

literally today

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I just got mine today. The website about the event says that the 90 days sub requirement doesn't count free time so if you just subbed with SN you probably have some of that free time to burn through still.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I had a time card running at the start of SB due to the amazon promotion, so I'm not sure I'll get mine today. Don't worry if it doesn't show up, another batch is going out next month!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh nice, I'll have to see if I get mine today. I re-upped my sub in the middle of SB early-access.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought stormblood then subbed for 3 months without lapsing (I already had an expired account, so no free 30 days)

I also tried "send request" thing at the moogle and nothing.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I rolled a character on Omega and leveled it to 30, so I may be waiting until October due to the two free weeks from that

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I bought stormblood then subbed for 3 months without lapsing (I already had an expired account, so no free 30 days)

I also tried "send request" thing at the moogle and nothing.

You can see if you are supposed to be receiving it now by looking at your additional items on mog station, if its not there its not showing up this month no matter how much you bother the moogle.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

ABC

Always
Be
Overpowering, but with a C.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Does FF14 support clickcasting? Like say I want to bind Goad to Shift+Leftclick so I just have to shiftclick the target party member and have it cast on them?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Leofish posted:

ABC

Always
Be
Overpowering, but with a C.

Always
Be
Clicking the Overpower button

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

Does FF14 support clickcasting? Like say I want to bind Goad to Shift+Leftclick so I just have to shiftclick the target party member and have it cast on them?

I don't think so. What you can do is set up a mouseover macro.

/micon "Goad"
/ac "Goad" <mo>

So all you have to do is mouseover the player and press the hotbar button.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is the mount due today, or whenever your sub is actually paid? Mine auto re-ups but towards the end of the month I think.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

they send the mounts out on designated dates which are listed on the promo site

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I guess I'll be getting mine in October? That's weird though. I pre-ordered Stormblood. I've had my sub since before it dropped and I haven't unsubbed since.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you need to actually purchase the 90 days of sub time during the promotion. if you didn't buy more than a month at a time, it's unlikely you bought 3 months during the promotion so far.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I genuinely like the Falcon mount.

I'm disappointed they didn't give it the proper mount music, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have a couple vertical hotbars next to the party menu and i have whatever skills i need to throw on a random party member on there in various macros. This way i just click the cover/goad/intervention/etc on whoever.

The macros are just

/micon "action"
/ac "action" <2-8>

Works for me.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Haquer posted:

I make a dps tank for 15 seconds and get called a literal game ruining player

Literal game ruining tank sits during a trash pull over Goad and goons rush in to defend him?

:psyboom:

:laffo:

If I'm on a class that has goad, most of the time I'm in parties with people who don't need it. Either this is because of how duty finder tries to put your melee together with a ranged if it can, and they either use MP or have TP refresh and don't run out as easily. Or they're bad and don't AoE enough so the only person whose TP going low is me.

Bolow posted:

Only in the roundabout way of assigning mouseover ingame macros to mouse buttons through your mouse software. It makes healing annoying if you've played MMOs with good, customizable UIs before (in before "but it would make us kick newbies in Sastasha").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

orcane posted:

:laffo:

If I'm on a class that has goad, most of the time I'm in parties with people who don't need it. Either this is because of how duty finder tries to put your melee together with a ranged if it can, and they either use MP or have TP refresh and don't run out as easily. Or they're bad and don't AoE enough so the only person whose TP going low is me.

Tanks not named DRK always need it