Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Distorted Kiwi posted:

(Darth is in the wrong flick, but probably doesn't care)

It took a while to find any other information on this because all the stars have their names misspelled and even a direct IMDB search didn't turn it up, but eventually I succeeded.

And kind of wish I hadn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Well Manicured Man posted:

Based on what I've seen so far, AHS: Cult is about a woman whose phobia of clowns takes on a life of its own after Donald Trump wins the election, people with beehives for brains, and... whatever that is.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Haha what the gently caress.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is truly the age of prestige television

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jesus gently caress

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but something about this looks fake. The fonts and the way the text lays over the image for the pull quotes and "from the x of y" bit? The fact that they're crediting it as being from the producers of the Golden Child, which, if memory serves, was a notorious bomb? And I get using "from the director/writer/stars of" but were people scraping the bottom of the barrel with "from the producer of" that far back? Like, yeah, I see that it's listed on IMP, but the other posters for that flick look way more reasonable for the time. It's the uncanny poster valley.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Jesus gently caress

I think that guy's loving a television, not jesus

I guess it's a metaphor?

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Allen Wren posted:

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but something about this looks fake. The fonts and the way the text lays over the image for the pull quotes and "from the x of y" bit? The fact that they're crediting it as being from the producers of the Golden Child, which, if memory serves, was a notorious bomb? And I get using "from the director/writer/stars of" but were people scraping the bottom of the barrel with "from the producer of" that far back? Like, yeah, I see that it's listed on IMP, but the other posters for that flick look way more reasonable for the time. It's the uncanny poster valley.

That was a poster used in the United Kingdom, as far as I'm aware. Here's the quad version of it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Huh. Okay.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I've never seen AHS but Billy Eichner is in this season so I might give it a watch.

muscles like this! posted:

The "Death Star" thing is actually in Pumaman. Its the alien spaceship that shows up at beginning and end to talk about how they're the ancient gods that gave Pumaman his powers.

"pyoomaman"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

The Golden Child did very well

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I mean, the series is called The American Horror Story so.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

The Golden Child did very well

21 consecutive weekends at #1. Massive bomb.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My mistake. I just remember it sucking, I guess.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Oh, thank God I have an easy way to describe AHS to someone now.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Holy poo poo, it really is about people melting down over Trump's election.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My first season of AHS was Freak Show, though I did watch the entirety of Murder House while the first half was airing. That was enough to turn me off the show, though I did actually enjoy Murder House.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw the Hotel season, and it was kinda funny to see a show just completely stop caring about it's own plot halfway through.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They ended the first episode of Hotel with Hotel California, and I don't care how thematically relevant it is, it's still hack.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Coven is the best season to hatewatch, as it introduces new plot lines nearly every episode and then completely forgets about them by the next episode (plus names a last minute climactic segment something dumb to justify a Stevie Nicks cameo).

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Asylum was cool though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Murder House and Asylum are the only real watchable ones. Everything else has been near to poo poo or just above.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintersorg posted:

Murder House and Asylum are the only real watchable ones. Everything else has been near to poo poo or just above.
It's such a shame because Murder House and Asylum are so loving good, but the show just hasn't shown that same level of quality in several years now :smith:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Last season's found footage angle was pretty inspired. I loved how they switched it up at the end and turned the last episode into a faux reality show.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's such a shame because Murder House and Asylum are so loving good, but the show just hasn't shown that same level of quality in several years now :smith:

I really like Hotel. The music, Gaga, and Peters as March was loving amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Freak Show burned me so bad that I basically refused to give Hotel a chance.

Also, gently caress you Cult for bringing back Twisty. Don't remind me of how you wasted a fantasticly scary character.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Allen Wren posted:

Murphy's previous film was Beverly Hills Cop which did something like 4x the box office so in comparison it was viewed as something of a failure.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

It really does, regardless how well it did commercially.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

10 Beers posted:

I really like Hotel. The music, Gaga, and Peters as March was loving amazing.

Yeah, Hotel was actually pretty good, it was a return to form after the utter poo poo that was Coven and Freak Show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mister Chief posted:

21 consecutive weekends at #1. Massive bomb.

Five months at number one?!?!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
scream queens was a good version of amercian horror story coven. thats all i have to say

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ruddiger posted:

Last season's found footage angle was pretty inspired. I loved how they switched it up at the end and turned the last episode into a faux reality show.

Yeah, Season ? was badass.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

It really does, regardless how well it did commercially.

Monkey breath, puke face, eater of turtle slime

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I like AHS because it seems like it actually challenges it's actors a bit unlike a lot of shows. There's a lot of roles / scenes on that show that are just like..drat, just drat.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Davros1 posted:

Box Office Mojo has it #1 for 5 weeks in Dec '86-Jan '87, which sounds more likely. Nearly US$80 million in the U.S alone. As Beverly Hills Cop did US$200 million plus, it probably did count as a disappointing result.

I've never seen it, to be honest

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Oops. It was 5 weeks which makes it #21 in terms of most consecutive number #1 weekends of all time.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=goldenchild.htm

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Light Gun Man posted:

I like AHS because it seems like it actually challenges it's actors a bit unlike a lot of shows. There's a lot of roles / scenes on that show that are just like..drat, just drat.

I dunno, it bummed me out to see Jessica Lange just play the same character over and over again. She's great but by Freak Show I was just so tired of that poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More AHS

And other stuff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw, I was expecting Game Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More