Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

starkebn posted:

Just seems more like sitting around reading grandad's latest dirty email than a game to me

:shrug:

Oh no I hate the game. It's a boring game for boring people. I just usually have more fun if I try to answer the questions as straight as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Das Boo posted:

When a disabled person, mental or physical, is a dick, it's the most awful, awkward and frustrating thing in the world. That's probably a secretly popular opinion, though.

That's why it comes up in so many Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, from Larry's multiple encounters with assholes in wheelchairs to Michael J. Fox using his Parkinsons to gently caress with Larry.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Even if the lyrics make less sense, the Barry Manilow version of "Can't Smile Without You" is better than the Carpenters version.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got suspended once for fighting with a kid because he shoved the mentally challenged girl in my class down.

Well yeah, "he hit me first" usually isn't a good enough argument to get you out of trouble.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beep boop card game does not compute

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dross posted:

Well yeah, "he hit me first" usually isn't a good enough argument to get you out of trouble.

Lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have Cards Against Humanity-like games where you create the answers yourselves, if you ever want to find out you're not nearly as funny as you think you are.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cards against humanity really brings out the bitterness in the pathetic nerd archetype

b-but mine makes the most sense!

you just voted for the weirdest one!

these aren't even your jokes anyway!

I'm taking my ball and going home a bloo bloo bloo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

hawowanlawow posted:

beep boop card game does not compute

It only annoys me when people bring it out at weird times when everyone is focused on something else. I used to have a friend who would constantly have it constantly on them and ask if anyone wants to play during things like watching a football game or playing poker. It has a time and place. If you don't want to play it/think it's dumb just don't play because the only thing more annoying than a CAH superfan is the guy who joins and whines that it's not a "real game" and there's no objective rules for winning and how he is making the best+smartest jokes but everyone votes for the immature ones etc.

Anyway I feel the same way in general about any game that people feel is necessary to play whenever they are drinking, like the guy nagging everyone who is watching a movie or talking to each other to come play beer pong/flip cup/whatever with them. In my experience fun happens naturally - sometimes it means playing a game, sometimes it doesn't, and trying to force it hardly ever works.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Never play Cards Against Humanity sober. It's at its best when people are drunk and the winning cards are the most racist dick jokes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Never play Cards Against Humanity sober. It's at its best when people are drunk and the winning cards are the most racist dick jokes.

"A bigger blacker dick" is always a winning card.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tuna steak is great. I didn't even realize that tuna actually tasted good until I had some at a restaurant. The grade D- slop that comes in cans, though, is nasty.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What really winds me up with CaH is people who take ages deliberating over the choices. Lots of ummming and ahhhing and "oh well this one's quite clever" "oh i've narrowed it down to two" and then when they finally pick some fucker will jump in with a "well who was second place?" "mine was this, did you like this?".

And then some prick has to make a comment every time they put a card in "I've gone really dark" "this is a an odd one"

Shut. The. gently caress. Up. I don't care what you think about your choice, I will find out in under a minute when they're all read out.

The game is meant to be lighthearted fun, it's meant to be funny. So cut the white noise and let the humour do its thing.

It's like someone over explaining every detail about a joke, except there's 3 of them, and it lasts almost an hour. It's absolutely interminable.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like to give myself a handicap in those types of games. Like in Superfight I topdeck and now I have to defend whatever I get to the best of my ability no matter how loving stupid it is.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Tuna steak is great. I didn't even realize that tuna actually tasted good until I had some at a restaurant. The grade D- slop that comes in cans, though, is nasty.

I love it too, but there's a pretty fine line between raw/cold in the middle and so overdone it's like catfood, much like the canned stuff.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Secret Hitler owns, don't play CaH

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I genuinely liked Ringo Starr's solo career.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

gently caress the day has come. I agree with Jastiger.

Secret Hitler is a superior party game than CaH regardless of your level of drunkenness.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't wanna google it, but is it the same as Assassin/Werewolf/Mafia?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Basically, it's just a lying game that is conceptually simple enough my idiot relatives can play it and a full game takes maybe 20 minutes.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's why it comes up in so many Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, from Larry's multiple encounters with assholes in wheelchairs to Michael J. Fox using his Parkinsons to gently caress with Larry.

"Well then you wait. You wait!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Last game night I was at we played:

We Didn't Play Test This At All and had a lot of fun with it. Drinking was involved obviously.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Agent355 posted:

gently caress the day has come. I agree with Jastiger.

Secret Hitler is a superior party game than CaH regardless of your level of drunkenness.

Most people agree with me, they just don't like admitting it, hth.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i think the Jurassic Period is better than the Cretaceous Period. And the Eocene epoch is also better than the Cretaceous.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Sep 6, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Blue Star posted:

i think the Jurassic Period is better than the Cretaceous Period. And the Eocene epoch is also better than the Cretaceous.

Let me ask you this: did any of those have trilobites? because trilobites are pretty cute and that needs to be taken into account.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The "right to die" should be allowed in every state.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

The "right to die" should be allowed in every state.

The state should not have the power to compel one to live nor to die.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

This is literally the only leg they try to stand on. Same with abortion.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Right to die" is a good idea with some incredibly fuzzy edges.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

This is literally the only leg they try to stand on. Same with abortion.

If the right to life is inalienable then why does capital punishment still exist?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Das Boo posted:

"Right to die" is a good idea with some incredibly fuzzy edges.

I think it can work if we just treat death like a product you can buy. There would be death stores and the more you pay, the better death you get. There would be options for every budget, ranging from boring things like hanging or being strangled if you want to be frugal, or going down in a heroic blaze of glory if you want to shell out for the premium package.

It might not get a lot of business though because if you just wait long enough you get it for free, but that doesn't guarantee you a really good one.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think it can work if we just treat death like a product you can buy. There would be death stores and the more you pay, the better death you get. There would be options for every budget, ranging from boring things like hanging or being strangled if you want to be frugal, or going down in a heroic blaze of glory if you want to shell out for the premium package.
Budget option:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oh good, the rich even get to die better than the rest of us

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Maybe not too unpopular. But I don't think you should be allowed to correct grammar or pronunciation unless:

1. They finally made language 100 percent consistent and logical

2. It is genuinely difficult to understand what it is they are trying to say.

Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBUzngDUOnk

How to make language consistent and logical? Remove absolutely all exceptions from normally applied rules or write down all words exactly as it is pronounced. No loving silent letters!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
In casual conversation yes. In a formal paper? Correct away

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm so loving sick of hearing about Princess Diana and especially her drat funeral. I understand and respect the fact that she was a major 20th century figure. I'm sorry she died so young and so tragically. But sometimes it seems like the American press has a cargo cult for "the royals". Her death was twenty years ago. Get the gently caress over it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh good, the rich even get to die better than the rest of us

Already the case. They own the world, they get the best of everything. That's how it works.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Answer to all his extremely stupid questions: written language is secondary to spoken language. It's not the pronunciations that are weird, it's the spellings.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm so loving sick of hearing about Princess Diana and especially her drat funeral. I understand and respect the fact that she was a major 20th century figure. I'm sorry she died so young and so tragically. But sometimes it seems like the American press has a cargo cult for "the royals". Her death was twenty years ago. Get the gently caress over it.

America's obsession with the British royal family is really strange to me. I've no particular objection to them myself but didn't you guys have a whole revolutionary war so you wouldn't have to pay attention to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly, I'm not sad Diana died, and any royalty who doesn't abdicate should go unmourned when they die.