Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Hey freep, what do you think about the DACA announcement?

Right then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Dug up that Houston post because its the best

quote:

To: jonno
Make sure all adults have a CCW and carry a semiauto with at least 13 round mag cap and two spare mags. Have someone on point to scout ahead and someone bringing up in the rear to keep your six clear.

61 posted on 6/27/2017, 9:39:14 PM by AlaskaErik (I served and protected my country for 31 years. Progressives spent that time trying to destroy it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Fathis Munk posted:

Christ, they really remind me of those nerds who secretly really hope that zombies become real, just so they can finally shoot people consequence free show off all of their tactical genius they've been brainstorming while working at their lovely IT job.

Why are they suggesting armed patrols, anyway? Do they think Houston has descended into an 80's dystopia, where alleys are filled with mohawks and switchblades and everyone is at least vaguely-but-threateningly ethnic?

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Christ, they really remind me of those nerds who secretly really hope that zombies become real, just so they can finally shoot people consequence free show off all of their tactical genius they've been brainstorming while working at their lovely IT job.

Why are they suggesting armed patrols, anyway? Do they think Houston has descended into an 80's dystopia, where alleys are filled with mohawks and switchblades and everyone is at least vaguely-but-threateningly ethnic?

I think the original post was about some Texans traveling to "lawless" California.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm trying to picture this and it looks like a Mega64 skit.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
From scanning the first pages of the thread http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3564712/posts?q=1&;page=1 it seems the adversary is heat and gays mostly.

Also "the maggots from New Orleans". Ain't touching that one.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Pretty sure some of them think that any city over 200K or so in population is exactly like Escape From New York.

And you know drat well that they're all patriotic Snake Plisskens. Just give them an excuse.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tony Phillips posted:

Pretty sure some of them think that any city over 200K or so in population is exactly like Escape From New York.

And you know drat well that they're all patriotic Snake Plisskens. Just give them an excuse.

It's making themselves feel tough. There's a good chance they don't actually except to get into gunfights just walking around downtown Houston any more than zombie survival people are literally preparing for a zombie apocalypse. But "squadding up" and running around with pistols makes them feel like badass action movie heroes on a mission.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I love that post, I live in downtown Houston and realistically the worst that would ever happen is being asked for change by some homeless people.

Well, they might drown these days.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Why are they suggesting armed patrols, anyway?

Black people.

quote:

Do they think Houston has descended into an 80's dystopia, where alleys are filled with mohawks and switchblades and everyone is at least vaguely-but-threateningly ethnic?

No of course not. They think it always was one.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Freep has feelings about DACA. They're up to three hundred replies in Trump to Congress: Legalize DACA! (or I Will Revisit) posted by freeper Rockitz

quote:

He caved...

Minimally, he should get something for this- No more anchor babies; No amnesty rather green card status; SOMETHING drat IT!

1 posted on 9/6/2017, 5:53:42 AM by Rockitz

quote:

To: Rockitz

I’m going to trust Trump on this. He has not let me down yet. Undoing everything Obama did has been just a joy to watch. Always two moves ahead of people, President Trump knows what needs to be done. He also is very aware of what his base wants and thinks.

10 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:01:42 AM by Blue Turtle

quote:

This isn't what you think it is. Trump is baiting Congress right now. The GOPe desperately wants to pass DACA into law, but if they do something for the benefit of 800,000 illegal aliens after failing to fix ObamaCare -- which affects tens of millions of American citizens -- they are literally going to be taking their lives into their hands.

23 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:09:16 AM by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)

The post before this one was "Yes, he’s playing 5 dimensional underwater reverse backgammon"

quote:

Have you guys not figured out that DJT is playing 3D chess? If Congress ‘legalizes’ it, then they are exposed for what they really are - and I doubt if DJT would sign it if they did.

What he is doing is bringing the topic up front and center that there is nothing legal about DACA. And he is giving Congress the opportunity to chop their own head off by coming up with a legal solution.

And the revisit part? Just putting Congress on notice that they better not come back with something that is against the will of the American people.

Don’t bet against DJT on this. He is the master negotiator / manipulator to get things he wants. May take him a while but eventually he gets results.

30 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:12:37 AM by Free America52 (The White guys are getting pissed off. We beat Hitler Hirohito and Krushchev. Obama will be easy.)

One of my favorite gimmick accounts

quote:

NO DACA—”legal” or illegal!!!! PHOOEY!!!!

American jobs for American workers!!!! And build that wall!!!!

Liberal protestants and lax/lapsed Catholics who say I am not a good Christian for opposing DACA and other unlimited Third World immigration schemes can just go suck eggs!!!! PHOOEY to them all!!!!

48 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:23:45 AM by Honorary Serb (Kosovo is Serbia! Free Srpska! Abolish ICTY!)

Some freepers don't actually seem to get the reasons why DACA could be easily ruled as Executive Branch overreach, resulting in posts like

quote:

He’s making sure the world knows who’s who in the GOP by 2018. Trump has said it’s unconstitutional. Sessions has said the same. So now, what is the gop to do? Make up some unconstitutional legislation that screws the American people and LEGAL immigrants? It would be one of the last things they do for most of them. He just put congress in the spot light yet again to show us how useless they are.

55 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:27:17 AM by Pollard (TRUMP 2016)

I'm glad that some are figuring out what Congress already knows: Trump is all bark, no bite

quote:

To: deport

That’s the threat I make to my kids when I have no idea what I’m actually going to do.

Don’t make me come up there.....

Why?

Just, um, don’t make me......

From personal experience, it’s not a terribly effective technique.

63 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:29:39 AM by WVMnteer

Freep does not know that DACA recipients get zero government benefits because they are not citizens.

quote:

Any new law regarding the Dreamers should include the requirement that they pay back at least 50% of everything they wrongfully received from US taxpayers from the time they arrived illegally until now. They certainly should not expect to be rewarded for their theft of services without some penalty.

79 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:36:07 AM by txrefugee (.)

January 2016 regdate.

quote:

To: Blue Turtle

You need to take your head out.
No wall.
Obamacare still rules.
If you think a Reagan style tax cut will happen, well good luck with that.
No civil rights protections for patriots being attacked.
True Conservatives banished from the Administration.
Most all accomplishments reversible by a stroke of the pen.
Aside from Nikki Haley all appointees either mediocre or atrocious.
First year of term, when most accomplishments are achieved, basically over.
We are being played.

93 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:43:54 AM by Badboo (Why it is important)

Oh my god, they're getting it.

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

If they really wanted to legalize it themselves, then why didn’t they pass it when they had a president who they KNEW would sign it?

For the same reason why they passed repeal after repeal of Obamacare: Obama wanted it, and they knew that they could make a completely meaningless gesture and Obama would protect them from the consequences. They could look tough on immigration, appeal to some of their base, and the Dreamers would still be here. Well the time for meaningless gestures is over. Now they're on record, and the record will show most of them voting to let the Dreamers stay.

102 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:48:54 AM by DoodleDawg

This March 2017 regdate freeper is also self-aware.

quote:

To: Tennessee Conservative

Again, I ask, “What does Trump want out of this?”

I think the answer is border wall funding.

I don’t think he cares how he gets it.

And I think Schumer knows that.

This is the exact same mistake he made on Obamacare. He didn’t care what he signed as long as he got something to sign.

With no guidance, Congress couldn’t come up with anything.

I think they’ll come up with something here, and this site is going to have a meltdown when they do.

111 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:55:04 AM by WVMnteer

Oh don't worry, dear readers, there are still plenty of "real americans" on freep.

quote:

To: WVMnteer

Nothing would make Pelosi and Schumer and Pelosi happier than videos of armed agents arresting college or high school students in order to deport them to their “home” countries

It will make most real americans (PDJT voters) happy too.

129 posted on 9/6/2017, 7:05:46 AM by ex91B10

:qq: Why do they constantly have to protect minorities from the poor, innocent majority!? :qq:

quote:

To: Liz

Trump has Congress in a choke hold, the oxygen is being cut off, and there’s no good way for them to ‘tap out.’ Congress deserves every bit of this.....the lazy, lying, cowardly snakes.

Yes he does. It will not be pretty for Congress to see how fast they move to protect a bunch of illegals as to doing legislation that helps Americans. They are creating yet another protected class. Everyone is a protected class except for white, taxpaying American citizens. Pitiful.

139 posted on 9/6/2017, 7:12:14 AM by dandiegirl (BO)

At this point the reason why this thread has over three hundred posts becomes clear. They are arguing semantics about whether or not Trump contradicted himself when he tweeted that thing about revisiting it, and about what revisiting it means, etc. It's a stupid and boring slapfight that honestly could have come from goons. Not even the good slaps are good without enough context added to make them boring again. Let's skip to the end.

quote:

To: RummyChick

So I guess that means you are for Amnesty? Right?

Obviously I’m for amnesty for 20 million illegals and full open borders. Strawman arguments like that are a favorite tool of Democrats. Are you one by chance?

Feel free to sit in your chair and day dream about deporting 800,000 DACA wetbacks. That’s never going to happen. Better to join POTUS in the real world and help get a wall built and Kate’s Law passed.

327 posted on 9/6/2017, 10:06:49 AM by lodi90

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Too tired to post anything from it, but the one thread I found about Trump making a deal with Pelosi and Schumer to raise the debt ceiling limit was surprising because it's almost completely filled with posts saying how great Trump is for making this deal. It's mostly talking about how bad/terrible the GOP is and how Trump is showing them that they need to work with him.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Twelve by Pies posted:

it's almost completely filled with posts saying how great Trump is for making this deal. It's mostly talking about how bad/terrible the GOP is

Their current media hero, Lou Dobbs, agrees.
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/905604281298014208
Probably won't be able to dive in tonight. Someone should go looking, it should be interesting and full of internal strife.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Mark Levin: "Trump threw wall leverage ‘out the window’ on debt deal" Audio in link

Master Shake is upset!

quote:

To: TakebackGOP

Levin can shove it. Trump was smart to put the GOPe on notice that if they keep failing him, he does have an Option B.

2 posted on 09/06/2017 5:13:43 PM PDT by Behind the Blue Wall

quote:

Levin is an idiot. Ryan and McConnell are no less enemies than Pelosi and Schumer. And is Trump supposed to hold Harvey aid hostage to the wall? And besides Kevin McCartly already told Bartiroma yesterday that the wall funding would be put off “at least” until December. This was a smart tactical move by Trump to tell the GOPe to f**k off.

3 posted on 09/06/2017 5:14:11 PM PDT by montag813 (ue)

:siren: Shots Fired! Shots Fired! :siren:

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall

MAGA was a big harry @$$3d lie.

6 posted on 09/06/2017 5:14:45 PM PDT by gov_bean_ counter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: gov_bean_ counter

“MAGA was a big harry @$$3d lie.”

Quitter. Never did support Trump, did you?

His accomplishments to date dwarf anything other Republican has ever done.

15 posted on 09/06/2017 5:20:29 PM PDT by CodeToad (Victorious warriors WIN first, then go to war! Go TRUMP!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

MAGA was a big harry @$$3d lie.

Not a lie, just a naive misunderstanding of how the world works.

27 posted on 09/06/2017 5:26:21 PM PDT by semimojo

quote:

What, if the sniveling GOPe don’t give Trump what he wants, he’ll just outflank them on the left?

Jivanka are deeply gratified.

7 posted on 09/06/2017 5:15:17 PM PDT by 9YearLurker

quote:

The GOP woyld cave anyways and try and would have tried to blame it on Trump.

19 posted on 09/06/2017 5:22:42 PM PDT by DouglasKC

What's he gonna do? Stand outside Senator's offices and say "nice place you got here, shame if something were to happen to it!" or something?

quote:

I see President Trump using unorthodox methods to repeatedly flummox his adversaries (on both left and right). What makes you think their is no method to this madness?

McConnell apparently floated an 18 month debt extension, pushing the issue beyond the 2018 elections. Trump has endorsed a shorter term - retaining the leverage for a slightly delayed impact on the elections.

Trump is not a politician - he is a businessman. His “leverage” will not be a political style of push - it will be business-style, which should actually be effective.

Time, as they say, will tell.

31 posted on 09/06/2017 5:28:25 PM PDT by MortMan (Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded! [Y. Berra])

The Wall... isn't necessary? :psyduck:

quote:

When is the wall going to be funded if he keeps pushing it back?

It's not. Developers, agriculture, and other large industries want the labor that flows through the border, so we are not getting it. Those of us who follow those industries, or who work in them, know that.

The wall, at least as envisioned by Trump and others, is not going to happen, but if you start increasing the penalties for hiring illegals, both on companies and individuals, and if you work out a better verification system, you can reduce the illegals a lot more than any wall would.

44 posted on 09/06/2017 5:36:11 PM PDT by af_vet_rr

Freepers: We're all fu**ed

quote:

In the end, the Establishment will win and we’re all fu**ed.
You can take it to the bank.

50 posted on 09/06/2017 5:41:36 PM PDT by huckfillary
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

Levin HAS NO CLUE! There has been NOTHING THROWN AWAY!

Mark Levin is an @$$.

64 posted on 09/06/2017 5:53:38 PM PDT by ConservativeMind (Trump: Befuddling Democrats, Republicans, and the Media for the benefit of the US and all mankind.)

quote:

This is the fault of the RINO!! they ask for this and now they got it. Trump will not be stopped by the anti Trump RINO. Trump has shoved their faces in the mud. I am totally in support of what he is doing to relegate them into obscurity. Trump had to get relief for Houston. Trump pushed the debt ceiling 90 days but he sent a powerful message today that stunned the bastards Paul Rino and Bitch McConnell. They were disemboweled before the nation and relegated to complete obscurity. Trump will now flank them with the real conservatives ( freedom Caucus_) and do deals. I would have liked it differently but the RINO screwed themselves— Ryan, McConnell , John cornhole can all go to hell. 2018 will butcher these jackasses and I want a front row seat.

72 posted on 09/06/2017 5:58:21 PM PDT by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, we’re building that wall.”)

Freeper bean counter is a 99 reg date, by the way.

quote:

To: VanDeKoik

Sure. Worship president pen and a phone. Same song as the last eight years. Just a different verse.

84 posted on 09/06/2017 6:09:31 PM PDT by gov_bean_ counter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

quote:

The problem is that there is barely a GOP. What we have is a congress controlled by the democrat party wherein it’s liberal wing (headed by NAncy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer) is deadlocked with its moderate wing (Ryan and McConnel.

86 posted on 09/06/2017 6:10:39 PM PDT by FlipWilson

From here on out it's pretty much a constant slapfight, so I'll stop here.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

quote:

His accomplishments to date dwarf anything other Republican has ever done.

:allears:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

It's actually true, but only if you consider every other Republican president to be a RINO.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

To: Blue Turtle

You need to take your head out.
No wall.
Obamacare still rules.
If you think a Reagan style tax cut will happen, well good luck with that.
No civil rights protections for patriots being attacked.
True Conservatives banished from the Administration.
Most all accomplishments reversible by a stroke of the pen.
Aside from Nikki Haley all appointees either mediocre or atrocious.
First year of term, when most accomplishments are achieved, basically over.
We are being played.

93 posted on 9/6/2017, 6:43:54 AM by Badboo (Why it is important)

This one kills me, it's like he just rambled all the buzz topics from his reg date to now.

"No civil rights protections for patriots being attacked."

Sorry, nazis and racists are nazis and racists. Maybe you should fight them too like your granddad did?

"True Conservatives banished from the Administration."
"Aside from Nikki Haley all appointees either mediocre or atrocious."

Lolz, they're good, but bad because they're bad but good because good but bad....

"Most all accomplishments reversible by a stroke of the pen."

Not a fan of knowing how laws work, huh

Jagged Jim posted:

To: VanDeKoik

Sure. Worship president pen and a phone. Same song as the last eight years. Just a different verse.

84 posted on 09/06/2017 6:09:31 PM PDT by gov_bean_ counter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 78 | View Replies]

He says as he cuddles his George W Bush plushie and says a bedtime prayer to St. Reagan
"Now I lie down in the street to die
MAGA and the wall were a lie
Now if I pass before I wake
Tug harder on those bootstraps for goodness sake"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 7, 2017

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I just hope for the day when one of them stops in their tracks and stutters out "there's no method to the madness. There's no method. THERE'S NO METHOD!" before the walls of their epistemic bubble solidify around their brains once again.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

You won't hear these questions asked in the lamestream media.

quote:

To: JimSEA
You may be correct. i would not be surprised to find out that some leaders within the Democrat party are not only in contact with Kim, but working with him in order to overthrow Trump. The question is, what promises have they given Kim in exchange for help in overthrowing the President of the United States?

20 posted on 9/6/2017, 4:21:23 AM by realcleanguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Georgia Peach posted:

You won't hear these questions asked in the lamestream media.

Jesus Christ. lefties want a nanny state system while at the same time wanting an oppressive dictatorship.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lightning Lord posted:

It's actually true, but only if you consider every other Republican president to be a RINO.
Noted RINO liberal sellout Ronald Reagan!

LOL at Freep believing that Trump giving Pelosi and Schumer exactly what they asked for with no concessions to be a masterful Art of the Deal nth-dimensional chess gambit that just totally owned those libtards. Predictable but hilarious.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lightning Lord posted:

Shouldn't the phrase "...since Lincoln freed the slaves." be in there somewhere :v:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump's working with Schumer to try and get rid of the debt ceiling, Freepworld ain't happy.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3583994/posts

quote:

If this is true it's disastrous.

There would no longer be a lever to exact spending and deficit concessions.

Certainly this puts the Republicans in Congress on the defensive. Something I support wholeheartedly.

After all they are feckless, corrupt and cowardly. Maybe this "gentlemen's agreement" will bring them to their senses.
1 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:42:02 PM by Mariner

quote:

To: Mariner

How can it be a ‘ceiling’ if they raise it any time they see fit to do so?

It’s apparently a worthless idea........................

4 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:45:30 PM by Red Badger (Road Rage lasts 5 minutes. Road Rash lasts 5 months!.....................)

quote:

Wow.

No limit credit card in perpetuity.

We are Greece if this happens. Or the Weimar Republic.

14 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:51:38 PM by SoFloFreeper

Yes, of course all fake news...

quote:

Doubtful as presented,...fake news... more believable is Trump taken out of context and will not be for raising it or putting more in debt but rather reduce spending...look at his business approach to whom he put in at various departments....are these big spenders?

16 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:52:18 PM by CincyRichieRich (We must never shut up. Covfefe: A great dish served piping hot!)

Go right ahead.

quote:

If Trump does this, I will abandon support for him.

17 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:52:39 PM by Mr. K (***THERE IS NO CONSEQUENCE OF REPEALING OBAMACARE THAT IS WORSE THAN OBAMACARE ITSELF***)

Someone didn't read anything in the article, or understand how government works.

quote:

President Trump and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) have agreed to pursue a deal that would permanently remove the requirement that Congress repeatedly raise the debt ceiling, three people familiar with the decision said.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says only Congress can borrow money on the credit of the United States. Approval has to be granted by Congress in some fashion, and if not through a debt limit then I don't know how they would do it.
22 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:57:14 PM by DoodleDawg

quote:

To: C19fan

Calling my mechanic today and have him remove all my car’s brakes... regular and parking. Just impedes my traveling...

26 posted on 9/7/2017, 2:00:06 PM by C210N (It is easier to fool the people than convince them that they have been fooled)

2% super high, we're doomed everyone.

quote:

To: Poison Pill
There's a reason why you rarely ever heard any discussions about the debt ceiling until the last decade or so. Until the QE, QE2, etc. fiscal policies of the last two administrations, interest rates on U.S. bonds effectively served as a "debt ceiling" that forced our government to either operate in a fiscally responsible manner or pay the price for fiscal responsibility through higher interest rates.

As the U.S. faces its inevitable decline as a world power, our ability to set artificially low interest rates for our own debt will disappear. At some point, nobody with an IQ over 40 is going to buy a U.S. Treasury note unless it pays an exorbitant interest rate.
30 posted on 9/7/2017, 2:03:22 PM by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017

No poo poo...

quote:

To: plain talk

Trump and Schumer are both from New York, threats of not raising the debt ceiling and government shutdown isn’t good for Wall Street. Just my speculation.

34 posted on 9/7/2017, 2:08:08 PM by Rusty0604

quote:

In before the.....Trump is a master of the deal, he’s playing Schumer and Pelosi against Ryan and McConnell because he knows they’ll cave, what a master of disguise, Trump is brilliant in how he plays the media, Trump will fix it all in December.......drivel.

The spin that this was for the hurricane relief is also nonsense - they could allocate $7B without adding trillions to the debt.

39 posted on 9/7/2017, 2:15:27 PM by Reagan Disciple (Peace through Strength)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Plinkey posted:

Trump's working with Schumer to try and get rid of the debt ceiling, Freepworld ain't happy.

The one bright spot about living in the darkest timeline is watching freep get everything they ever thought they wanted, and then have it turn to ash in their mouths. :allears:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Plinkey posted:

quote:

The spin that this was for the hurricane relief is also nonsense - they could allocate $7B without adding trillions to the debt.

I love that they've internalized the rhetoric so much that they say it without thinking about things like math and the words that came out of their mouths moments prior.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

quote:

26 posted on 9/7/2017, 2:00:06 PM by C210N (It is easier to fool the people than convince them that they have been fooled)
Surprised you didn't bold that

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

mllaneza posted:

Shouldn't the phrase "...since Lincoln freed the slaves." be in there somewhere :v:

Depends. What was Lincoln's golfing handicap?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jojoinnit posted:

Surprised you didn't bold that

I honestly completely missed it, good catch.

e: Freep, butt sex, rinse, repeat.

Twitter Bans Activist Mommy for Tweeting Her Dislike of Teen Vogue's Anal Sex Guide
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3584061/posts

quote:

This is just another example of how Liberalism is a mental disorder. A disastrous destructive evil affliction, that is a plague upon America. Their track record in history is one of consistent failure, while they feel they are always right. Everything Liberals touch, they destroy.
Under their control, they turned many of our major cities, that represented the zenith of modern civilization, into 3rd World welfare dependencies and cesspools of violent crime ridden 'No Go Zones'. California is the New Titanic and sinking fast. Liberal Europe is in financial ruin, while being demographically replaced.

Their 'tolerance' has worked to destroy Judeo-Christianity and replace it with an intolerant Islam and Communist front groups. Their multi-culti-diversity campaigns have caused more friction and violence, and America to be more divided than ever.

They claim "open mindedness", then do everything in their power, including violence, to restrict free speech, ideas, and associations that do not comply with their Leftist Ideals.

Their sexual revolution and normalization of perversion helped promote an epidemic of STD's, AIDS and the deaths of over 617,000 adults, and over 54 Million abortions in the US alone.

Their 'Great Society' has destroyed the black family with almost 80% illegitimacy, higher unemployment, and crime to new heights. While hero worshiping thugs.

Their socialist home ownership programs helped destroy the economy.

They turned our once great public education system into a laughing stock of brainwashed dumbed down students and pedophile teachers.

Liberalism ultimately results in rot and decay everywhere it goes.

1 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:23:05 PM by Main Street

quote:

To: Main Street
There has been a significant increase in colon cancer in young people. I can’t help but think these disgusting practices have something to do with it.

3 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:25:26 PM by Pining_4_TX (For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. ~ Hosea 8:7)

quote:

How much of this liberalism, especially in the form of safe sex practices, is taught to the typical kid in public school?

I strongly advise all parents to pull their kids from public indoctrination/babysitting centers.

5 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:29:42 PM by BJ1

quote:

To: LegendHasIt
Actually pedophilia is the next battleground they are after. They have been sexualizing our children for a reason. Sick, sick, sick!!

11 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:44:08 PM by mn-bush-man

Not with that attitude.

quote:

Anal sex is very destructive to the anus. The anus was not designed to accept an erect penis. Period.

12 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:44:51 PM by originalbuckeye ("In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell)

quote:

This really calls for biting parody, that is, fake covers of Teen Vogue magazine with articles like:

Rectal Cancer Can Be Fun!
Only Fat And Ugly Kids That Everyone Hates Don’t Have Sex By Age 11!
Body Scarification The Right Choice For Tweens!

15 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:55:41 PM by yefragetuwrabrumuy (Hitlers Mein Kampf, translated into Arabic, is "My Jihad")

quote:

Feminists often criticize the fashion industry for promoting an unrealistic body image. Conservatives sometimes criticize the fashion industry for being run by gay men who want women to look like boys.

Well, here’s one gay fellow proving he wants girls to get f-——d the way his boy toys are. Now I’m waiting for the feminists to say that anal intercourse is risky, unhealthy, usually painful, possibly permanently injurious, and that girls should resist pornography-rooted demands upon their bodies.

Mainstream Jezebel kind of feminists, not off-beat ones like Feminsts for Life or Germaine Greer.

16 posted on 9/7/2017, 6:00:13 PM by heartwood (If you're looking for a </sarc tag>, you just saw it.)

quote:

To: heartwood
Teen Vogue is probably instructing the girls on how to wear a strap-on to sodomize their boyfriends.

#PenisEnvy

20 posted on 9/7/2017, 6:19:28 PM by a fool in paradise (Did Barack Obama denounce Communism and dictatorships when he visited Cuba as a puppet of the State?)

quote:

My fellow libeterians, please use Minds.com and gab.ai, instead of facebook and twitter. 2020 election will see these companies, along with google push censorship of information like we have never seen in America.

22 posted on 9/7/2017, 6:33:22 PM by ThinkingBuddha

Now for some more Freep red meat:
Appeals court rules against Trump administration on travel ban
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3584096/posts

quote:

To: jazusamo
SCROTUS, uhhh I mean ‘SCOTUS’ next month, right?

5 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:25:07 PM by CivilWarBrewing (Feminism DESTROYED females)

quote:

9th circus can suck my .........

7 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:27:42 PM by Lopeover (The 2016 Election is about allegiance to the United States!)

quote:

To: Lopeover
They may take that as an invitation rather than an insult.

10 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:29:54 PM by Army Air Corps (Four Fried Chickens and a Coke)

quote:

Lamp posts, rope, ..., nah, we’re far remove from the days when citizens would deal with real justice.

13 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:31:33 PM by CatOwner

quote:

Maybe a few of them should be made to live in North Korea or Iran or Cuba. Those places might be more to their liking, eh?

23 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:37:52 PM by OttawaFreeper ("If I had to go to war again, I'd bring lacrosse players" Conn Smythe)

What is this actually in reference to?

quote:

To: Pox
A better path would be to ignore the ruling.
Obama set the precedent for that.

26 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:38:34 PM by daler

quote:

These are policy decisions, not legal ones, and should be none of the business of the courts.

27 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:38:52 PM by Petrosius

quote:

I suggest Trump make three courts out of it.

Further I would like to see him use a lottery and demand two thirds of the current judges on the 9th Circuit Court, have to move to the other courts.

Each of the three courts would get 1/3rd of the current Ninth Circuit Court Judges.

To avoid the judges being able to plead hardship, I would keep the three courts centered in the same city they are now.

Thus they would not have to sell their property or leave family members behind. This takes away their ability to object on hardship.

Then all Trump would have to do is appoint 2/3rds of the justices needed for each court to be full, and you’ve just turned all three of the courts to the good side.

The Ninth hears too many cases. It needs to be split up.

As for people who might complain about it not being fair for jurisdictions to have to come to one of the three courts where they would remain, it would be the same place they always came. It shouldn’t make a difference.

32 posted on 9/7/2017, 7:44:49 PM by DoughtyOne (One man's DACA, is 330 million other men's caca.)

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 8, 2017

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Plinkey posted:

Anal sex is very destructive to the anus. The anus was not designed to accept an erect penis. Period.

12 posted on 9/7/2017, 5:44:51 PM by originalbuckeye ("In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell)

considering the average freepers sedentary lifestyle and horrible diet, i suspect an erect penis would actually come as a relief to their anuses

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Plinkey posted:

quote:

Wow.

No limit credit card in perpetuity.

We are Greece if this happens. Or the Weimar Republic.

14 posted on 9/7/2017, 1:51:38 PM by SoFloFreeper

Well, you do have actual Nazis marching in your streets and your president is working hard to undermine democratic norms and institutions...

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

I honestly completely missed it, good catch.

e: Freep, butt sex, rinse, repeat.

Twitter Bans Activist Mommy for Tweeting Her Dislike of Teen Vogue's Anal Sex Guide
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3584061/posts

Man, look at all the rear end pulled absolute facts

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Considering getting banned on Twitter is basically impossible unless you say a naughty word, what's the real story on that mom getting in trouble for attacking Teen Vogue?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Radish posted:

Considering getting banned on Twitter is basically impossible unless you say a naughty word, what's the real story on that mom getting in trouble for attacking Teen Vogue?
The gay Digital Editorial Director of Teen Vogue was named one of The Advocate's 50 most influential LGBTQ people in media. This woman tweeted at him and the magazine congratulating him on being recognized by a "sodomite mag" for "teaching kids sodomy". She was temporarily suspended until she agreed to delete that specific tweet.

Edit: twitter isn't really specific about why this violated their rules but seems to have it under either "harassing other users" or "hate speech"

Pitch fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 8, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The best response to that would be 'Thanks :)'. Someone has to teach kids, you can get hurt if you do it wrong.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That being said, Teen Vogue really does have an article about anal sex. It takes a very sensible pair of positions here:

1. Teens are going to do it anyway, so you may as well help them do it safely (I know a teen who actually ended up bleeding from his rear end after rawing himself too much).

2. A lot of LGBT people aren't going to have vaginas to stick dicks into.

Lexabro
Sep 6, 2017

Cuddly highbrow intellectual that only engages in friendly discourse.
I love these guys vomit up poo poo like the talmud condoning sodomy...and then turn around and whine about the destruction of Judeo-Christian values. Of they want to remain intellectually honest they should just say Christian values.

In hindsight I realize that I tried to inject logic into far-right nutters. These people are literally so dumb that it is almost impossible to argue with them.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Tressino3 posted:

I love these guys vomit up poo poo like the talmud condoning sodomy...and then turn around and whine about the destruction of Judeo-Christian values. Of they want to remain intellectually honest they should just say Christian values.

Wait when/where did this happen? Freep generally doesn't read their own Bible, I'd definitely have noticed a Freeper bringing some Talmud quotes in...

\/\/\/ meant to ask that too

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 9, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Did you actually mean condoning or did your phone just autocorrect condemning?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The following post contains mild plot spoilers for Star Trek: Discovery. If you're one of those weirdos like I am that tries to avoid spoilers as much as possible, you'll want to skip it.

Star Trek: Discovery to tackle Trump-era political divide [Trump Supporters are Klingons] posted by freeper Red Badger

the excerpt posted:

The upcoming CBS All Access drama tells the serialized story of a war between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire. The show is set a decade before 1966’s original series — which premiered 51 years ago today — during which the Federation and Klingons were in a Cold War standoff that reflected yesteryear’s U.S.-Soviet relations. In Discovery, war breaks out and the Klingons leading the charge have some ideological ideas inspired by the 2016 electoral divide.

“The allegory is that we really started working on the show in earnest around the time the election was happening,” showrunner Aaron Harberts says. “The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country. Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big theme. The Klingons are not the enemy, but they do have a different view on things. It raises big questions: Should we let people in? Do we want to change? There’s also the question of just because you reach your hand out to someone, do they have to take it? Sometimes, they don’t want to take it. It’s been interesting to see how the times have become more of a mirror than we even thought they were going to be.”

While such topics have been explored across Star Trek‘s six previous series and 700 episodes before, the serialized nature of Discovery‘s 15-episode debut season allows for a greater depth of storytelling. “The thing about the war is it takes Starfleet and the Federation and forces them to examine their ideas and ethical rules of conflict and conduct,” Harberts says. “It provides a backdrop to how we want to be as a society and that analysis and self-reflection is new for Trek. They’ve done it in certain episodes in the past, but this is a true journey for the institution in itself.”

I've never trusted freepers, and I never will. I can never forgive them for the death of my presidency.

Anyway have some bad Trek references.

quote:

To: Red Badger

Liberals have no honor.

2 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:40:55 AM by Molon Labbie (Kim Jon Un. Entered the world stage Unopposed, led Unapologetically, died Unidentified.)

quote:

And Demonitwits who require you to confirm/assimilate to the groupthink? their borg identity

3 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:41:22 AM by a fool in paradise (Did Barack Obama denounce Communism and dictatorships when he visited Cuba as a puppet of the State?)

quote:

We're definitely making progress!

Not so long ago were were rodentine Ferengi , weren't we?

Better to be portrayed as a race of manly men and manly women than a race of gerbils, no?

14 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:46:29 AM by Sooth2222 ("Gun buybacks are one of the most ineffectual public policies that have ever been invented")

quote:

In the series, Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) plays First Officer Michael Burnham, an ambitious Starfleet officer whose carefully planned career is upended when she makes a decision with far-reaching consequences.

Uh, let me guess, she's playing the role of a he who gets his pecker chopped off and thinks that makes him a girl.

16 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:47:04 AM by RegulatorCountry

If this isn't a natural growth of the Enterprise season 4 episodes explaining the whole forehead thing, I'm gonna be upset.

quote:

To: Huntress

“I’m OK with being a Klingon. Mr. Worf was my favorite character on Star Trek TNG and DS9. He was self-reliant, knew exactly who he was, and stood up for himself.”

If you think “Discovery” will paint their Trump supporter Klingons in such a positive light, I have a bridge to sell you. The mention of “racial purity” is an indicator where they’re taking this.

FUCBS

22 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:49:55 AM by brownsfan (Behold, the power of government cheese.)

quote:

Trump Supporters are Klingons

We have Bat'Leth.

[bat'leth image removed]

They have... Diplomacy...

31 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:54:03 AM by real saxophonist ( YouTube + Twitter + Facebook = YouTwitFace.com)

Bold all of this in your mind.

quote:

All told from a Leftist’s point of view.

These are people who are still trying to cram Socialism/Communism down the world’s throat after it killed upwards of 100 million people last century.

These are people who still think man has caused global warming although there has been no irrefutable proof provided.

These are people who have predicted that the Earth was cooling, failure of the Ozone Layer was going to kill us, it would be too late if we didn’t address global warming by 2010 and other things that are closer to Mad Hatter pipe dreams than reality.

These are people who are willing to lie, cheat, falsify evidence, and commit fraud. Some in their midst are getting rich off carbon credit schemes.

They are brainwashing our kids with lies on this subject.

They are also presenting them with materials related to reproduction and same sex shenanigans far before these children need to know such things.

And these are the folks who want to produce a television program that will set everyone straight on a myriad of topics.

Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Fidel Castro, Ho Chi Mihn, Pol Pot, Hugo Chavez, Manuel Noriega, and now North Korea’s Kim... these are the folks who pushed our Leftist’s agenda before and or during when our Left did.

And yet, on and on they go, the brightest minds in their little universe, trashing anyone who knows better.

34 posted on 9/8/2017, 10:57:30 AM by DoughtyOne (One man's DACA, is 330 million other men's caca.)

quote:

To: xkaydet65

Klingons are a cross between the Vikings and the Sons of Anarchy. So they definitely are not Democrats.

Isn’t it funny how the pussy Democrats object to actual men?

46 posted on 9/8/2017, 11:13:07 AM by MeganC (Democrat by birth, Republican by default, conservative by principle.)

Oh god, "STD"

quote:

To: All

Actually the “reformed” Klingons of DS9 era and beyond were far far better people than the federation which had grown fat and corrupt.

Much like liberals of today...

I wonder if that will make it into STD.

55 posted on 9/8/2017, 11:36:12 AM by Skywise

Ah, here's the red meat.

quote:

There is only one Star Trek, the original. The Conservative space western original. Everything else is NWO Communist crap!

60 posted on 9/8/2017, 12:03:54 PM by cowboyusa

There's a second thread which pulls from the freaking Daily Mail instead. The thread title is way, way more provocitive: New Star Trek show has modeled its Klingons on TRUMP supporters and 'racial purity is a big theme'. I wonder how much worse it is. Let's find out!

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

I watched the trailer. It looks horrible. It is the same "Diversity" and Social Justice Warrior Crap all wrapped up in a pseudo futuristic package.

Not going to watch it.

7 posted on 9/8/2017, 1:54:14 PM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

quote:

I really don’t think that they care that they might alienate half of their potential viewers. They would rather reinforce their propaganda to their like-minded fellow travelers.

I even think they would prefer us not watching, so that they don’t have to associate with us “deplorables.” So, if the show tanks, it was because we are not “enlightened” enough to watch it.

14 posted on 9/8/2017, 1:57:41 PM by kosciusko51

I love this gimmick!

quote:

CBS (clinton Broadcasting System) SUCKS!!!!

It sucked in the 1990s when it took on the Christian Serbs, and it sucks now when it takes on Americans who support our President’s MAGA platform!!!!

Some things never change!!!! PHOOEY!!!!

32 posted on 9/8/2017, 2:04:53 PM by Honorary Serb (Kosovo is Serbia! Free Srpska! Abolish ICTY!)

quote:

To: Jagman

Way to alienate half of your potential audience!

They already did that when they announced there would be “at least” one gay character.

42 posted on 9/8/2017, 2:16:15 PM by Pravious

... I'd hatewatch it.

quote:

To: BitWielder1

56 posted on 9/8/2017, 2:27:43 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

Pssst, this is neither a movie nor on Netflix (in the US)

quote:

To: Celtic Conservative

I loved Star Trek the series on TV and a few of the first movies. I did not tire of Star Trek, its producers tired of me.

ps
Most Trekies are conservative and or libertarian. I will not see this movie unless it is free on Netflix. I refuse to give financial support to those that use Hollywood for political purposes instead of entertainment.

58 posted on 9/8/2017, 2:29:34 PM by cpdiii (Deckhand, Roughneck, Mud-man, Geologist, Pilot, Pharmacist, CONSTITUTION WORTH DYING FOR!)

I'm gonna point out each and every "I don't have that problem. Goodbye!" I see because they're so goddamn hilarious.

quote:

I never really watched the original Star Trek when it was on. My kids have been fans for years. I did watch the movies with Shatner, Nimoy, etc., along with the most recent batch featuring the younger characters. I have never been a big fan of any programs/movies about outer space. I never watched any of the spin-offs either. So, I wasn’t planning on watching the re-boot.

69 posted on 9/8/2017, 2:55:12 PM by mass55th (Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway...John Wayne)

In response to a cast photo,

quote:

To: ETL

Which one is the lesbian? Which one is the gay? Which one is the refugee? Which one is the transgender?

91 posted on 9/8/2017, 3:28:08 PM by mass55th (Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway...John Wayne)

In response to a photo of Uhura in a miniskirt,

quote:

To: TigersEye

How much shorter do you want it? lol

In the next world war, after all the snowflakes, faggots and muzz slimes are killed off, men will again be men and women, women. By the time we have warp drive, the women, who are women, but also are free to have careers because of the saving of Western Civilization in aforementioned war - the women will the be ones demanding sexy uniforms, because then know they are women and they want to look good.

But the men won't be wearing Star Trek TOS gold, powder blue, and kill-me red "tunics". It will be some kind of space cammo, so...black I guess.

95 posted on 9/8/2017, 3:34:46 PM by Sirius Lee (In God We Trust, In Trump We Fix America)

I wonder if freep has ever considered what a post-scarcity economy would look like and what that would do to society.

quote:

To: Gen.Blather

TNG was a total propaganda series with just the right smug actor to play Captain Picard. I always found Patrick Stewart a condescending & patronizing Jackass as the Captain and frankly did not like #2 Riker any better.

I vividly remember a scene in one of those episodes where he told someone that money was a thing of the past and that everyone worked toward the benefit of everyone else, and that was itself it's own reward.

What BS that was and is.
Somewhere Roddenberry went off the rails and stayed there, I think some had to do with the second wife, she used to be on the original Star Trek, she played nurse Chapel, Majel Barrett.

101 posted on 9/8/2017, 3:47:30 PM by Captain Peter Blood

I'd just like to point out that this is maybe the second reference to DS9 in either thread, with a whole bunch mentioning TNG, VOY, and ENT only. Golly, I wonder why freep didn't watch DS9.

quote:

To: Captain Peter Blood

TNG was a total propaganda series with just the right smug actor to play Captain Picard. I always found Patrick Stewart a condescending & patronizing Jackass as the Captain ...

Agree. Conversely, I thought DS9 got things right. Good actors, good plots, interesting characters, and no annoying Dianna Troy.

120 posted on 9/8/2017, 4:34:01 PM by Flick Lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I'm surprised there were any freep trekkies to begin with. Future mankind was always portrayed as multicultural socialists with one world government. You'd think it'd play like a dystopian hellscape to freep.