Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:eyepop:

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

2 if nothing else. It would hardly make him OP in any capacity, at least in PVP.

I'm forcing myself to play other titans because max aegis scorch is so much fun in any map that is ridiculous. I use faster dash cooldown, tempered plating so I can walk over my thermite and wear full pink skins.

A giant pink scorch running over fire is going to flame core the poo poo out of you all :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

New maps are really fun. Probably placebo but seems like they had time to polish 'em a bit more

Ok well I played two of them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Scorch is a GOD. 5 wave MVP on Exoplanet. And I that was before unlocking the thermite damage increase.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've gotten a chance to play all of them, exoplanet 4 times and the others once, and enjoyed all of them. However besides the two gimmick waves on angel city (mortar stalker and mortar titans) it felt like the design kind of pushed all the enemy titans into a big wad at that one street intersection, or else to the left of it in a big line on the very edge of the map, which is kind of awkward. I imagine it's a scorch's dream but I would not want to be scorch on the mortar titan wave.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
On exo planet I hang out on the other side of the map by the 2 silos and spawn-kill half the titans, including mortar titans, almost immediately.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tone is grest fun with double sonar. Got locks onto an entire wave of reapers and the missiles just kept going and going. Not sure I get how to aim the ultimate. Sometimes it seems to ignore my cursor?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
It seems like sometimes the Tone missile core will lock onto a titan no matter where you are looking. Which is fine for loving up one titan, but sometimes you want to barrage a small area of them clumped up

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

Tone is grest fun with double sonar. Got locks onto an entire wave of reapers and the missiles just kept going and going. Not sure I get how to aim the ultimate. Sometimes it seems to ignore my cursor?

Youre supposed to fire tones core straight up into the air while screaming, then cast it directly down onto your opponent like a twenty foot mechanical warlock summoning a meteor shower.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tone is my jam.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Do not play tone on angel city if there is at least one ronin around (drat you goon!) because said ronin will block your shots, missiles and steal all the kills.

Just gently caress ronin.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
A Ronin tried to "help" me when I was murdering a entire spawn of 4 enemy titans as Scorch. Immediately telefragged himself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've seen exactly one competent Ronin player. It was FD Homestead and they were just tearing through all of the nuke titans and meleeing swarms of drones down. It was almost inspiring, if not for the other rando Ronin who flailed ineffectually at everything.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ronin can be really good, but they have to be an aggressive go-getting flanker. Most Ronin use their powers to steal kills for higher personal scores.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I just don't do FD with randos anymore.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Snak posted:

Ronin can be really good, but they have to be an aggressive go-getting flanker. Most Ronin use their powers to steal kills for higher personal scores.

90% of roning players I see on F_D end with less than half my points. Bonus if they're two and an Ion and I end having more points than the other three.

Ronin is cool and good in PVP because of its stupid sword block being stupidily OP but in F_D you have to use something that is actually useful and not a dumb big robot with a sword that does nothing but blocking allies from doing the proper job.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like a lot of people just plan on playing as a pilot if they pick Ronin for FD

They also are the people that buy all nuke rodeos and no arc traps and proceed to die over and over again

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ronin attracts the worst players but I feel like he can be really effective if you make good use of phase dash to rush down mortar and sniper titans without getting chewed up by drones, reapers and ticks first. I only have him at level 7 or 8 I think but that's my experience on regular matches with pubbies.

I go back and forth on whether triple dash or nuke eject is better though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How do you ronin well without taking lots of damage and having to go through titans regularly? With every other titan I can go 3 if not the full 4 entire waves without losing my titan, but ronin taking damage from just about every titan you fight seems completely unavoidable. Definitely the best mortar hunter but it feels like it unavoidably leaves you on foot for longer than anything else, which I'm not sure is a good tradeoff.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I don't think you can make Ronin last a whole match like you can with other Titans, but that's why nuke eject is so good. Triple dash makes you a lot more mobile which is nice, but phase dash + sword block make placing nuke eject easier than with any other titan, and if you wipe out a whole lane you've got time to Thunderbolt yourself another Titan.

Abusing the execution animations to avoid stuff like Scorch's fire trap or to buy time for phase dash to come off cooldown is really helpful too.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Digirat posted:

How do you ronin well without taking lots of damage and having to go through titans regularly? With every other titan I can go 3 if not the full 4 entire waves without losing my titan, but ronin taking damage from just about every titan you fight seems completely unavoidable. Definitely the best mortar hunter but it feels like it unavoidably leaves you on foot for longer than anything else, which I'm not sure is a good tradeoff.

You don't until you get to aegis 20. Keep nuclear eject equipped. Legion can deal with ronin ks, just save your powershot to bypass doomed state.

Also monarch is a great mortar hunter, fast, good damage, and the battery execution can help when you need to run past enemy lines.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ronin is all about clearing snipers and mortar titans, and nuke ejecting on grouped up enemy titans. If you use the titan hunter perk (or whatever it's called) you should be able to call down another Ronin like 30-45 seconds after ejecting. It's a great titan to have on your team if you're not playing with pubs who all want to have the highest score.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

moist turtleneck posted:

I feel like a lot of people just plan on playing as a pilot if they pick Ronin for FD

They also are the people that buy all nuke rodeos and no arc traps and proceed to die over and over again
Personally I quite like parking my Legion with a guardian chip close to the drill on Homestead, and he'll happily sit there all game chewing up the drone waves, and pretty much everything else. While I bounce around the middle lanes rodeoing the poo poo out of trapped titans and giving batteries out like candy between dealing with mortars / snipers. :unsmigghh:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I tried playing something other than non-scorch the other day. But nobody else had picked scorch, and you gotta have a scorch right?

Still torn between the perk for extra thermite damage to get core faster, or the "core leaves the ground burning" for more funner cores. It's like trying to pick between cheesecake and ice cream....

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone play on the Xbone One or is it all PC here

I'm Agoat944 on live if you're a boner

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

There's a few of us but I suspect that's about to end with Destiny 2 dropping tomorrow.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey man being that you're Ronin do you mind taking care of those mortar titans way on the other side of the map..

You know what you just keep spamming your sword I'll hoof it over there in my scorch

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

i tried ronin on FD yesterday and went full macho aggressive flanker.

i had so much goddamn fun killing the poo poo out of everything and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing across the map with my triple dash.

left everyone else to defend core while just hunting down and murdering every single goddamn mortar.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Agoat posted:

I play - and after the lackluster Destiny beta, will still be playing.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I've seen Ronin players pretty decently outscore me in my scorch. I'll end at ~43-4500 and he was at 5200 or something.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

xxEightxx posted:

You don't until you get to aegis 20. Keep nuclear eject equipped.

Yeah.

That last upgrade combined with highlander is so sick, you're drat near invincible as long as you stay away from arc titans.

Homestead is especially fun since the enemy spawn is so open, you can just speed around back there slaughtering everything that comes down.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Insert name here posted:

Smart Core will inherit the damage fall-off of whatever mode you're in so if you can it's best to swap to long range mode for Smart Core just so you can do max damage further out.

But then you can't delete titans with your shotgun power shot :(

I wonder if any of the other titans will get a bump in frontier defense. Ion could especially use some love.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hulk Krogan posted:

There's a few of us but I suspect that's about to end with Destiny 2 dropping tomorrow.

I forgot about Destiny. I'll wait for community reviews first. First one sucked until DLC.

quote="porktree" post="476095794"]
I play - and after the lackluster Destiny beta, will still be playing.
[/quote]

Awesome! Add me! Why did the beta suck?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's pretty much more of the same but for people like me who dumped hours into Destiny 1 but still bitched about t every chance I had, I'll be playing Destiny 2

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Agoat posted:

I'm super late to the party having grabbed this game last month. I joined the network but never see anyone on. Gamer tag is fastestgunalive

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Just started playing Ion in F_D

I struggle to find a point to using anything but the ADS splitter rifle. At extreme ranges the laser shot has some use, but jesus the split shot is good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's my problem with ion, it's fun but the fact that its best damage uses the same energy as its abilities means that I don't feel much reason to use any of them, unless I'm laser sniping a cloak drone or whatever

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I bought two more elite weapons 🙈

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Cooked frags are the funniest poo poo in pvp

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Ion is more of a single target killer, doesn't really play into the format of fd. The shield gets used a lot more because you are catching fire from multiple opponents. There isn't that much melee (some maps more than others) so dropping tripwire, smoke and retreating doesn't really work against the slow march of a half dozen nuke Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hulk Krogan posted:

Why would anyone drop the greatest FPS game for mediocre poo poo like Destiny?