Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Zyklon Ben posted:

The Clinton administration sent reluctantly allowed former president Jimmy Carter to cut a deal with the hermit state. We ended up giving them $5 billion $400 million in aid as well as including two nuclear reactors some reinforced concrete. In return, North Korea agreed to stop pursuing nuclear weapons.
fixd

gently caress me, I've been in arguments with conservatives where this whole "Clinton gave Kim nukes" myth came up and I've shown them photos of the reactor construction site and it made nary a dent in their belief.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Remember when Garrison used to get angry at people who said he was a racist piece of poo poo like when 4chan used to make edits of his cartoonish? I guess after so long denying the obvious it was just easier to own it

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Potato Salad posted:

If you aren't in the habit of reading Garrison's accompanying test, ho boy is this one worth your time. Go back up there and read it.
what an inconvenient time to have no :meltdown: emote

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cat Mattress posted:

:laffo: at the "meanie lefties made mean comments about Melania's shoes!" line coming from Garrison.

What a coincidence that this is his first cartoon featuring Hillary without her loose shoe (unless I just can't find it).

Also, I suppose her "Buy my Book!" wind gust blew away the white cap that Trump wore to the scene and is hocking on his web site.

Mike Flugennock posted:

Just to catch everybody up on the hurricane situation: the Republicans don’t believe climate change is real and might actually be a hoax; the Democrats believe climate change is real, but are trying to pin it on the Russians.

So, everybody straight on this?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mike Flugennock posted:

the Democrats believe climate change is real, but are trying to pin it on the Russians.

???

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Branco has gone on record actively cheerleading automation when it is aimed at replacing workers he thinks have asked for too much

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cat Mattress posted:

:laffo: at the "meanie lefties made mean comments about Melania's shoes!" line coming from Garrison.

Lol, I forgot that Garrison constantly reminds us of Hillary Clinton scandalously having a shoe fall off once.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

You know, usually I don't read Garrison's BS diatribes, this time I did though, and hoo boy was that a stinker.
Especially the part where he blames Obama for the Iran deal.
gently caress you Zyklon Ben.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Remember when Garrison used to get angry at people who said he was a racist piece of poo poo like when 4chan used to make edits of his cartoonish? I guess after so long denying the obvious it was just easier to own it
He still maintains that he's not a Nazi and that /pol/ picked on him for no particular reason.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Gazpacho posted:

He still maintains that he's not a Nazi and that /pol/ picked on him for no particular reason.

"I'm not a nazi, I just think a shadowy cabal of international bankers (who just happens to be jewish) rule the world in secret and conspire to enslave the white man and ultimately plan to replace him with non-white people through outbreeding and rape of white women."

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure what point Branco's trying to make here, but I can't shake the feeling that it's racist.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

What are people discovering in Zyklon's latest rants that we didn't know for the last two years or so?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm not sure what point Branco's trying to make here, but I can't shake the feeling that it's racist.

My first thought was that it was suggesting that automation is a bigger threat to people's jobs than immigration, but that seems too sensible for Branco.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Silver2195 posted:

My first thought was that it was suggesting that automation is a bigger threat to people's jobs than immigration, but that seems too sensible for Branco.

Here's my read:

1) The cliche about "doing the jobs that other Americans won't" is mainly to say that the Immigration Debate is really about racism, rather than jobs. (Sometimes people take it further and say "these jobs are illegally exploitative" but that's beside the point here.)

2) Branco passing up an opportunity to defend racism is inconceivable.

3) I have no clue what kind of analogy he's trying to draw here, but as best as I can tell his point is "Wouldn't it be horrible if Hardworking White Americans were treated the way we treat immigrants? It's good when it happens to Them, of course."

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 6, 2017

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
In what way was Clinton far left? People were calling her a corporate stooge during the election but I guess the narrative has flipped again. She's centre left on social issues, but more right than Obama was on the economy, so far as I can tell?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

OldMemes posted:

In what way was Clinton far left? People were calling her a corporate stooge during the election but I guess the narrative has flipped again. She's centre left on social issues, but more right than Obama was on the economy, so far as I can tell?
She's a democrat, dummy.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 5, 2017

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

If Both Sides Aren't Equally Bad, Why Do I Keep Insisting They Are?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a royal baby and North Korea – While Kensington Palace celebrates the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child, the US has accused North Korea of ‘begging for war’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Theresa May reins in Tory rebels with fear of reshuffle

Times:

Evening Standard:

Some of my best friends are vegans, says Jeremy Corbyn, but I’m not one

Mail:
Mac on... the Rooneys' marriage problems

'I'm sorry, Mrs Rooney. You are fined Ł2,500 for putting too much rubbish in your bin.'

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OldMemes posted:

The right wing can't be bothered to tell the difference between Democrats and have just decided they're all Stalin

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
A million dollars is loving nothing to Trump, even by his own account. Not even a drop in the bucket. Others have donated way more (even ignoring that this donation might not even loving happen) but cheerleaders will always take any opportunity to leap on it like WHAT A PHILANTHROPIST, THAT'S REAL COURAGE, THAT'S REAL COMPASSION.

This is so loving tepid for Garrison's standards. It's just another melange of threatening-yet-whiny liberal/jew faces and a mess of whatever insults, "scandals", or conspiracies Garrison could think up. It's not even bothering to make any kind of statement, it's just "they're bad", which he usually has in every comic anyway. That's about how he works these days.
Also nice job putting Trump in a black hoodie.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

They really must be scraping the bin if the worst dirt they can come up with on Corbyn is that he said he "knows some vegans". Oh the humanity! He's basically an ecoterrorist or something I guess.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Which cartoonist is going to be first to parrot the “actually dreamers are taking jobs away from black people, checkmate libtards :smuggo:” talking point?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Has someone turned the water into piss yet, or would that be insensitive?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Videogame companies have donated more than Trump, the man that paints everything gold and uses his foundation money to buy portraits of himself.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Can someone explain the two week delay submission for Tinsley and the others? Why is it such a big gap?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Flipswitch posted:

Can someone explain the two week delay submission for Tinsley and the others? Why is it such a big gap?

Mallard Fillmore and Prickly City aren't editorial cartoons, they're syndicated strips that are distributed in the same fashion as newspaper cartoons like Garfield and Beetle Bailey. A two-week delay is the standard lead-in time for such strips, for some reason.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Check is written out for a million, no specific mention of dollars, indicating that Trump never actually intended on donations. AGC.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Check is written out for a million, no specific mention of dollars, indicating that Trump never actually intended on donations. AGC.

That's how most people write checks, by just letting the printed "$" and "dollars" do the work

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Who's the third guy there?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Shugojin posted:

That's how most people write checks, by just letting the printed "$" and "dollars" do the work

Yeah, why would you write one million dollars dollars?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pakled posted:

Mallard Fillmore and Prickly City aren't editorial cartoons, they're syndicated strips that are distributed in the same fashion as newspaper cartoons like Garfield and Beetle Bailey. A two-week delay is the standard lead-in time for such strips, for some reason.

Given that some of these strips have been running daily for a century or more I suspect it was originally to allow time for the strips to be physically delivered to the local papers' presses; obviously they would have to run on the same day in every paper or else people might hear Little Orphan Annie spoilers over the telegraph. I'm sure like most things about newspapers no-one has ever bothered to modernise the process.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

So far there haven’t been any ” heck of a job, Brownie” moments in the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Harvey. In fact he’s gotten good marks.

So some critics have raised a shoe storm about Melania’s footwear. As she boarded Air Force One, headed for Texas, she was spotted wearing extremely high heels. Seemed reasonable to me. I would have worn floodwater pants. Anyway, by the time she landed in the disaster area she was wearing white sneakers

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pakled posted:

The standard lead time is about month, even longer for sunday strips. Political strips like Mallard and Doonesbury get a special exception so they can be more timely. A mere two week delay is lightning fast for newspaper comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Xander77 posted:

Are we talking about the New BP, or... the actual original Black Panthers?

The original. They were treated as dangerous violent radicals by the press even as they did such evil things as "feed children".

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
Has zyklon ben ever seen trump from the waste down or the side?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Begemot posted:

The standard lead time is about month, even longer for sunday strips. Political strips like Mallard and Doonesbury get a special exception so they can be more timely. A mere two week delay is lightning fast for newspaper comics.

I could have sworn I read in the introduction of a Foxtrot collection from the early 90's that the lead-in time for their strips was two weeks for dailies and six weeks for Sunday strips.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Private Speech posted:

They really must be scraping the bin if the worst dirt they can come up with on Corbyn is that he said he "knows some vegans". Oh the humanity! He's basically an ecoterrorist or something I guess.

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/904770957847474177

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

ahahahahahahah who gives a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The minutiae of the life of the nobility are of no concern to a true champion of the proletariat. AGT.

• Locked thread