Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Looks like that film series you like is coming back in style.

"DEAR STAR WARS FRIENDS, THE TIME OF THE REPUBLIC IS AT AN END!""

Edit: Read this line back in your head in a shouty Gordon Cole hearing aid voice and tell me it isn't funny.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

David Lynch was supposed to direct ROTJ.

I say let him do Episode IX. I mean, Laura Dern is already playing a character in this universe, right? Everything fits right in.

DIRTY, BEARDED JEDI, STANDING ON A CLIFF

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

Jordan Vogt-Roberts.

He's busy developing Metal Gear Solid.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Shane Black for ep 9

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

He's busy developing Metal Gear Solid.

Tell him to stop with that crap and make something cool like Star Warz

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

It's been his passion project for years and Sony loves him in the wake of Skull Island, so I doubt he's walking away from that anytime soon.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'd be pretty happy if they just kept Rian Johnson on.

Though David Lynch's Star Wars would be the greatest thing anyone has ever seen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What's the crossover fanbase for Star Wars and The Room? It's the only likely way we're gonna get vampires in the canon. #tommyforepisodeix

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

EL BROMANCE posted:

What's the crossover fanbase for Star Wars and The Room? It's the only likely way we're gonna get vampires in the canon. #tommyforepisodeix

It's very goood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ&t=66s

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

"I DEED NAUT FORCE CHOKE HER! YOU'RE LYIIIING! I DEED NAUT!"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Obviously it's a Neveldine, Taylor, and Stahelski joint project for Episode IX.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Beachcomber posted:

They would do that at a major chain theatre? (It was a Century).

We used to go to an independent theatre but it went out of business. :(
They had real popcorn and an elderly man in a wonderful purple suit.

my theater, owned by a regional chain, showed The Goonies this weekend, all weekend, and the no poo poo, genuine, standard definition DVD that they sent us started skipping by the time Monday rolled around. We were loving pissed, and so were the customers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Harmony Korine.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hire Roger Corman.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Get Jordan Peele. Full creative control. I want White America to squirm.

For real, get some more creative representation. I want Jordan to become bonafide AAA.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jordan Peele Star Wars would be ideal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0U1EnuNro

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 6, 2017

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Maybe they'll just shift Ron Howard over to this one after Han Solo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I completely forgot about that, which means I get to watch it again which makes me very happy.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

Maybe they'll just shift Ron Howard over to this one after Han Solo.

Yup, lol. Or Sam Mendes or some poo poo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I'd rather something new an interesting than Yet Another Four Quadrant Star Wars. Whether MGS is that or not is debatable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

This. Or the Auralnauts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzSk0X6UFTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbK49fAuB0U

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

I'd rather something new an interesting than Yet Another Four Quadrant Star Wars. Whether MGS is that or not is debatable.

I just could never get into MGS.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Holy poo poo.

This film, "Mike Boy" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5621300/combined was playing at ONE independent theater in all of LA, and we went to see it on a whim due to the only two reviews in existence calling it out for being delightfully awful.

Let me say, this thing is a loving piece of poo poo, but one that provides a surreal amount of entertainment. The Room has been played out for years, maybe this "film" will be the next big thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Get Jordan Peele. Full creative control. I want White America to squirm.

For real, get some more creative representation. I want Jordan to become bonafide AAA.

loving lol if you think whoever they get will have significant creative control. They fired a couple of guys most known for making comedies because the movie they were making was too much of a comedy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If Neveldine and Taylor directed a Star Wars movie, this would be me throughout the entire runtime:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BabyRyoga posted:

Holy poo poo.

This film, "Mike Boy" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5621300/combined was playing at ONE independent theater in all of LA, and we went to see it on a whim due to the only two reviews in existence calling it out for being delightfully awful.

Let me say, this thing is a loving piece of poo poo, but one that provides a surreal amount of entertainment. The Room has been played out for years, maybe this "film" will be the next big thing.

Aw give the guy a break, he's foreign and a newbie. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7048064/

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Jordan Vogt-Roberts.

https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/905210343378571265

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wouldn't be surprise if they got one of the Marvel directors to do it, like The Russo Brothers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

got any sevens posted:

Shane Black for ep 9

He should have directed the Han Solo movie.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

In Aladdin movie news they had to make up a part for a white person so they could cast a white person because we couldn't have a movie that didn't have any white people

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

In Aladdin movie news they had to make up a part for a white person so they could cast a white person because we couldn't have a movie that didn't have any white people

Aladdin is now Macklemore's sidekick.
Fuckin' a.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That's some incredibly Nordic names.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Of course they did. But at least the white guy isn't playing Aladdin. I was gonna say Rami Malek should play Aladdin, but he's too busy playing Freddie Mercury. At least they got another Egyptian guy to play Aladdin and it's not 100% another Exodus: Gods and Kings whitewashing fiasco.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Whitewashing the whites

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That seems a bit of an overreaction to them casting one character who doesn't appear to even be a main character at all, the whole cast has been pretty solid.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He'll be the Morgan Freeman Muslim to Aladdin's Robin Hood.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2017 era Will Smith isn't gonna come close to Robin Williams as Genie

gently caress that movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Should have just had Jafar as the only white-washed character in the whole film.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
He's going to play, in highly comedic fashion, Genie's boss who sends the Genie, and thus Aladdin, on a quest for a MacGuffin across Agrabah. It will be entirely pointless, pretty much adding only 2/3 set pieces and unnecessary friction between Aladdin and Genie, and remind us how Robin Williams would have done so much better to make it entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
FYI Alladin was originally a Chinese Muslim from northwestern China (formerly Turkmenistan), in a forgery written by a Frenchman and falsely attributed to medieval Syrians.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 6, 2017

• Locked thread