Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, the dude is pretty much already a live action PSA about not doing drugs and staying in school.

Well, the staying in school part, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, the staying in school part, anyway.

Steroids don't count. They own too much. I've learned this from years of watching sports and seeing all the guys who are really good get busted.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Steroids don't count. They own too much. I've learned this from years of watching sports and seeing all the guys who are really good get busted.

Yeah but they're doing the other drugs too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Vaguely related to super hero movies

You ever want to watch super heroes punch Nazis in the face?

Go back to Kamen Rider from 1971, which is a show built on the ideals of punching Nazis in the face.

Cyborg Nazis

Who are some times werewolves

That is all

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

And prince had the bad hip thing down as well.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm pretty sure Cena doesn't juice. He doesn't have a HGH gut and one of the things he's most known for is being absurdly nice and friendly, and, uh, roids tend to throw a monkey wrench in that latter part.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm pretty sure Cena doesn't juice. He doesn't have a HGH gut and one of the things he's most known for is being absurdly nice and friendly, and, uh, roids tend to throw a monkey wrench in that latter part.

lol holy poo poo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Hahahaha

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The WWE avatar is like icing on the cake.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Look harder my guy.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The two most recent John Cena flicks I've seen have been The Marine and The Wall. None of that really reflects anything at all upon the production of a Shazam movie, but it did confirm that John Cena is a pretty good actor.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
My bigger question is whether like Henry Cavill roided up or whatever. That was the whole thing when Man of Steel came out but. I dunno is it possible to get that big without some drugerinos?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

porfiria posted:

My bigger question is whether like Henry Cavill roided up or whatever. That was the whole thing when Man of Steel came out but. I dunno is it possible to get that big without some drugerinos?

Literally every buff actor does steroids

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

porfiria posted:

Not in the time they have to do it.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've hit the report button on all of you for doubting Big Match John

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

porfiria posted:

There was a really interesting article from a few years ago about it. The short version is that a lot of actors do it, but it's really rife amongst the stuntmen / body doubles because they're under similar pressure but without the support a big-name actor might have.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Heck, even a few months of steroids and insane training isn't enough, Affleck got all jacked for BvS and they just used a body double because 9 months or whatever of being a jacked dude isn't enough for the look they want. You have to have 20 years of that to get the superhero look.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Heck, even a few months of steroids and insane training isn't enough, Affleck got all jacked for BvS and they just used a body double because 9 months or whatever of being a jacked dude isn't enough for the look they want. You have to have 20 years of that to get the superhero look.

It really depends. Jackman got the Wolverine look he wanted by, in addition to everything else, not drinking water.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

dont even fink about it posted:

It really depends. Jackman got the Wolverine look he wanted by, in addition to everything else, not drinking water.

is that a code word for clenbuterol

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

porfiria posted:

Probably not but nobody cares when actors do it. so every actor gets super jacked all the time like its no big deal. RDJ did like 15 years of straight drugs then turns around and gets pretty jacked for iron man. Chris Evans crazy synthol pecs in the first Captain America. Hugh Jackman is like 50 and still a huge jacked man. Chris Pratt bla bla. Just lmao if you don't think Ben Affleck is on something. I will hear no ill spoken of Ryan Reynolds but suffice to say every single other actor has some sort of training assistance.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

Probably not but nobody cares when actors do it. so every actor gets super jacked all the time like its no big deal. RDJ did like 15 years of straight drugs then turns around and gets pretty jacked for iron man. Chris Evans crazy synthol pecs in the first Captain America. Hugh Jackman is like 50 and still a huge jacked man. Chris Pratt bla bla. Just lmao if you don't think Ben Affleck is on something. I will hear no ill spoken of Ryan Reynolds but suffice to say every single other actor has some sort of training assistance.

I mean it's not illegal to take HGH and testosterone prescribed by an ethically compromised LA doctor. They're not athletes, who cares.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Arnold really gave the game away years ago when he revealed that yeah, of course they all did enhancement stuff to keep in shape.

You physically cannot maintain a super jacked body like that otherwise for any real length of time. People have really weird ideas about how the body works.

Breasts are the same way. People seem to think that you look a certain way no matter what if you just do X or Y, and never realize that ANY variation, not even in something you are purposely doing, can make your body fluctuate wildly. Half a year you could have perky, full breasts. The other half, flat hanging sad things.

This is what these actors have to do to not only get the image they want, but to keep it consistently. Otherwise across Conan, Arnold's physique would have comically changed depending on how much he worked out that week or not.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
They don't try and keep it consistent though, they'll have periods where they cut down on body fat / water weight to look really ripped for shirtless scenes etc.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They don't try and keep it consistent though, they'll have periods where they cut down on body fat / water weight to look really ripped for shirtless scenes etc.

yeah I think they knocked all the shirtless scenes for Conan the Barbarian out in 1 afternoon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know what I mean though. They keep the same general shape and mass so they don't look wildly different from scene to scene which is pretty hard to keep up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

I've hit the report button on all of you for doubting Big Match John

U cant see me (inject needles)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Whatever Affleck did seems good because he just looks yoked and not all weird and vascular like Jackman, or modern day Stallone.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Whatever Affleck did seems good because he just looks yoked and not all weird and vascular like Jackman, or modern day Stallone.

Turns out loving an endless procession of extremely famous Jennifers is the key to an adonis bod. Out of reach for most fitness enthusiasts unfortunately

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does make me wonder if they manage to do steroids but to a reasonable level, not all TCC roid gut style. Presumably they can afford the good stuff, along with personal trainers to get them to exercise every day as much as needed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inescapable Duck posted:

Does make me wonder if they manage to do steroids but to a reasonable level, not all TCC roid gut style. Presumably they can afford the good stuff, along with personal trainers to get them to exercise every day as much as needed.

Oh without question.

Like, they do work, but all of the medicine and medical stuff is handled by their handlers. That's what they pay those people for

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The main thing is time. When I lived at uni and had no interest in going to parties, I went to the gym all the time, and I got loving massive and really lean. I had the time. I was at uni doing a stupid degree, and so I had the time to go hit the weights and the treadmill for two or three hours a day, then go sleep till mid morning to recover. Normal humans with jobs, families and interests can't do this. I wasn't that big again until I was unemployed for an extended period and worked out a lot to keep from going crazy.

Actors have the time. They'll tell...erm, whichever Chris it is "you're shooting a shirtless scene on the 26th of April, be ready." They have the money and the resources to simply get buff, along with an end goal. You can't stay looking like that. Cavill, I know, finished his shirtless scene for Man of Steel, and immediately devoured a pizza, because he hadn't touched carbs for about 5 weeks leading up to that.

And yeah, if they're over 25, they're probably on gear. If they're over 35, they definitely are. Probably HGH and whatever they're using now instead of Winstrol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Long-term consequences are the question here I think. All I hear seems to indicate pro wrestlers and bodybuilders, who are the go-to examples for this, lead super unhealthy lifestyles keeping it up all the time, while actors in theory don't need to.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Try to spot what's wrong with this picture:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Long-term consequences are the question here I think. All I hear seems to indicate pro wrestlers and bodybuilders, who are the go-to examples for this, lead super unhealthy lifestyles keeping it up all the time, while actors in theory don't need to.

The side effects can be negated by other things. But those things obviously have their own side effects. And, so, you have to take something else to counter them. And so on, like a really expensive ourbouros of needles.

Over in Rowdy Ringsports, there was a story of a guy who was taking something to counter the ball shrinkage (not even eliminate, just reduce by an almost negligible amount) and while it worked, it was also giving him skin cancer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

...what's RIGHT about it?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Haha it says she's from Wakanda. I mean... I have to assume it's a joke?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The article mentioned above specifically singles out Cavill as being clean, and it kinda makes sense in that he was already in great shape in Immortals before doing MoS, and in MoS he's huge and bulky, but not particularly lean or cut, which is def possible considering he's got world class fitness trainers and shitloads of time at his disposal. Looking huge and cut at the same time is a bigger indicator of steroid use however, so Batista and the Chris's, Ben and Bale are far more likely to have juiced. Jackman definitely did.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A lot of these guys don't even know they're on steroids. They just drink the protein smoothie their "nutritionist" gives them without ever knowing what's inside.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

feedmyleg posted:

A lot of these guys don't even know they're on steroids. They just drink the protein smoothie their "nutritionist" gives them without ever knowing what's inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Were they old when they suddenly got Really Fit? Probably steroids (Hugh Jackman)

Did they get a lot bigger AND jacked really fast, in time for a role? Probably steroids (too many to list)

Are they just stupidly swole? Probably steroids (The Rock)

They do not get "steroids slipped into their drinks by nutritionists" lol. That wouldn't even be effective for anything

It's a financial decision they themselves make because they know that if they keep their bodies fit, they have more chances in their careers. Same reason athletes take PED's

• Locked thread