Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The first two Naked Gun movies are still fantastic excluding the creepy in retrospect OJ Simpson bits.

Where else would you get a series of escalating gags like this? https://youtu.be/6Keom6J6cOk?t=3m1s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

The first two Naked Gun movies are still fantastic excluding the creepy in retrospect OJ Simpson bits.

Where else would you get a series of escalating gags like this? https://youtu.be/6Keom6J6cOk?t=3m1s

Those were some bomb rear end titties.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man unless there's a new trailer I don't want to read another thing about Star Wars

just give me some space battles and endings like Rogue One damnit

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cheer up guy, you're working with a p good ratio here

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
One of N4I's marines maybe?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Lots of ugly chicks in that picture though

And since their nurses you know they're all stupid and annoying too

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

milk milk lemonade posted:

Lots of ugly chicks in that picture though

And since their nurses you know they're all stupid and annoying too

yeah i wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of that group and be the only swinging dick either :rolleyes:

you're not loving their personalities.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I'm sure that's what nursing school is like, just nonstop sex and not classes and group projects with your idiot classmates

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4dQ0RchtJw

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I'm sure that's what nursing school is like, just nonstop sex and not classes and group projects with your idiot classmates

what you are implying is every college class. the difference is his class as a 1 to 20 man to woman ratio.

i mean.. i really can't figure out what your point is here

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
milk milk lemonade's parents were murdered by a cute 26yo nursing student and he just can't move past this

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
She wasn't even cute though...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I work with a lot of nurses, and a number of the guys are pretty up front about the fact that it's a great career if you're looking for casual encounters. Yes, a lot of nurses (men included) are stupid and annoying, but if you have a decent tolerance for drama, it's a happy hunting ground. Plus, most of the hospitals around here have some serious talent roaming the halls.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Cheer up guy, you're working with a p good ratio here

He's gay.

Poor guy.

For not having more dick around not being gay.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My nursing school class had a total of 80 people in it. 11 of them were males.

Most of nursing school was a massive gossip/drama fest, with their own little clicks and the "popular" girls were all the one's who wanted to work in like, OB or pediatrics/NICU. Baby fever was rampant as if I can recall nearly every single of the women who wanted to go into those fields ended up preggo the first year out of school

There were a very, very very few percentage of women in the class that were fun to hang out with outside of class.

Myself a national guard medic and one other prior service marine reservist were the only vets in the group. I ended up drinking on the regular during nursing school and getting by with no issues, while a lot of the girls struggled like no tomorrow.

6/10 experience would maybe nursing school again.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

RIP Leslie Nielsen. You were too good for this world.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My parents are nursing professors, and my wife is an ICU nurse.

I don't know how to characterize this, other than: I'm very afraid of germs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've met some incredibly talented, decent people who are nurses. The other ones have been fairly dim thinkers.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My aunt is a nurse and she's just about the sweetest most wonderful person you'll ever meet

She's the charge nurse in an oncology ward. How the gently caress she keeps her disposition while surrounded by people dying horribly and slowly I'll never understand.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hospice care nurses have it the worse, but get paid well for working hospice care.

Book chat:
Finally read M John Harrison's Storm of Wings, which was a followup to his The Pastel City . Good book, cool ideas, Fear death from the air.
M John Harrison's 1st book The Commited Men was exceptional, read it three weeks ago, and it retroactively made Ken MacLeod less cool.

Kampus is still my favorite bizzare book. Published @1977, it is about college campuses in the far off future of 1984.
College campuses are now barricaded like Escape from New York's Manhattan Island to keep the uncontrollable student body in. College teachers are bussed/tanked/coptered into college campuses like VIPs & have riot police protection details, while onsite college adminstrative staff are Disney animatronic robots (that are constantly beaten/mugged/possibly raped). The main character in Kampus becomes obsessed with a Cool college professor, and abducts his Cool college professor obsession, kills his Cool college professor obsession, then eats the flesh & drinks the blood of his obsession to absorb his knowledge, like Stranger in a Strange Land. The main character gets kicked out of college really quick after that, and spends the rest of the book touring the USA actively ruining the lives of everyone he encounters.

By itself Kampus is utter garbage. Once you find out the author, James E Gunn*, was a college professor when the book was written**, Kampus becomes amazing.
Like, was James Gunn disappointed when none of his students even tried to abduct him?
Did James Gunn reserve his A++ for students that tried to eat his flesh/drink his blood?
Did James Gunn acknowledge Kampus during his lectures/how frequently did Kampus get namedropped if he did?

*not the director of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies
**The dude has been a college professor for over 60 years, and is currently 94 years old. He is still writing, and just got a surprisingly decent scifi series published. Actually change that to amazingly decent scifi series, dude is 94 years old after all.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 6, 2017

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

My mother in law was an ER nurse in Detroit back when that city was approaching Mad Max levels of violence and insanity. She has some hosed up stories.

I also need to read more M John Harrison, I'm only familiar with his Kefahuchi Tract books.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How well* would the police respond to this?

*poorly

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's what angle grinders are for.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's not a police model tire hugger. That's probably mall security somewhere. Cops have enough noney to get ones that cover the lug nuts so you can't just change the tire.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That's not a police model tire hugger. That's probably mall security somewhere. Cops have enough noney to get ones that cover the lug nuts so you can't just change the tire.

Oh in that case yeah bring on the angle grinder gently caress the fake rear end po po

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If that's mall cops work then I'm surprised it wasn't thrown through a shop window.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLxCjjJbnY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who's the brunette in the baseball cap? She looks familiar.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
i think the worst part about dating or being married to a nursing student/nurse would be a toss up between the below:
-constantly hearing about how overworked they are
-constantly hearing about how doctors dont do anything and are actually stupid

both of the above may be true but i'd want to blow my brains out if thats what i heard about every loving day.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Amazon really hosed with their search engine, in a bad way, to feature more non search related items.
I guess that's how Amazon is underwriting the Whole Foods buyout, quasi-relevant seller featured items for everyone ala Google sponsored ads.
Happy that my Prime membership ends in November, won't renew it.

It's been 2 months, has everyone stopped using the amazing meat smokers that everyone was giving advice on/gushing about?
Beercan chicken cooking uually has good results, can't remember if anyone else recommended it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
amazon could show me dildos and ask me to enlist again every time i order anything as long as they show me what i searched for somewhere, and i would still think prime is worth it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Amazon really hosed with their search engine, in a bad way, to feature more non search related items.
I guess that's how Amazon is underwriting the Whole Foods buyout, quasi-relevant seller featured items for everyone ala Google sponsored ads.
Happy that my Prime membership ends in November, won't renew it.

It's been 2 months, has everyone stopped using the amazing meat smokers that everyone was giving advice on/gushing about?
Beercan chicken cooking uually has good results, can't remember if anyone else recommended it.

Amazon's search engine has been hosed in all sorts of awful ways for a long time. The one that really gets me is that when you sort by item rating you get hundreds of spam listings with a tiny number of fake 5-star ratings. There's no way to sort by both rating and popularity in order to cut out the fake nonsense.

Also in a lot of Amazon Video categories you can't search by rating, only release date. It's insane.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Dating apps are unsurprisingly like 60% nurses

Rest are hairdressers and bartenders

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I've been trying to spread my buying habits around a little more, Amazon has been making me feel really uncomfortable lately, between the push on Echo and Alexa stuff and the Whole Foods thing, I think they are getting a little more gross.

Although the prices are Whole Foods are a lot better than they were before...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Dating apps are unsurprisingly like 60% nurses

Rest are hairdressers and bartenders

Teachers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Amazon was trying to get me to sign up for some amazingly expensive artisinal meat subscription recently

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yup.

Lots of teachers in my match list. Matched with one last week. When you say you use drugs (weed), the nurses disappear.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Amazon was trying to get me to sign up for some amazingly expensive artisinal meat subscription recently

Make friends with your butcher. They greet me by name and just ask how many briskets I want nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Two Finger posted:

Make friends with your butcher. They greet me by name and just ask how many briskets I want nowadays

You are truly living the dream

• Locked thread