Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

the two things I really miss from 10 when I go back to 7 are the improvements to cmd.exe copy and paste

powershell dawg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sapozhnik posted:

if an app begs for a rating then rate it 1

if it demands a reason write "begs for ratings"

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

powershell is a good idea as long as you forget any terminal program ever

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
bash* by microsoft

*now we have bash

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i thought it was GNU/Windows now

pram
Jun 10, 2001
reminder that shagger thinks shells are bad and everything should be done through clicking next

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also depending on what version of powershell you have ^c will either paste copy or terminate a command

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 4, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

infernal machines posted:

also depending on what version of powershell you have ^c will either paste or terminate a command

Please tell me it is paste and you didn't mean copy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nah it's copy. even microsoft wouldn't gently caress up that bad

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

macos terminal again proving to be superior: cmd+c copies, ctrl+c terminates.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
it shouldnt be necessary but this free program let's you control many settings that are hidden and makes my windows 10 usable:
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

i also assume that many people that have problems with popups and suggestions regarding edge, photo viewer et.c. are using a laptop, it seems windows 10 is more aggressive on those devices as compared to desktop computers, might be why people have such wildly different experiences

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

it shouldnt be necessary but this free program let's you control many settings that are hidden and makes my windows 10 usable:

i also assume that many people that have problems with popups and suggestions regarding edge, photo viewer et.c. are using a laptop, it seems windows 10 is more aggressive on those devices as compared to desktop computers, might be why people have such wildly different experiences

nice crapware you have there. also i have neither of these things on a laptop

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im sorry that you do not like the program that lets you turn on and off options using an easy to understand UI instead of doing it all manually through the registry, you are a real computer toucher my friend

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i don't think cinci zoo sniper gets enough credit for their unwavering defense of microsoft.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lol Credential Guard and Device Guard mess with Windows' virtualization

nice

orange sky fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 5, 2017

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"I don't have these core parts of Windows 10"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fame Douglas posted:

i have them disabled or hidden our of sight

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

im sorry that you do not like the program that lets you turn on and off options using an easy to understand UI instead of doing it all manually through the registry, you are a real computer toucher my friend

nothing quite as good as letting someone's shitcode mess with your registry for trivial tasks

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nothing quite as good as letting someone's shitcode mess with your registry for trivial tasks

This I agree with, don't trust these kinds of tools.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
why can't i just click the thing

and the thing does the thing

and I don't have to do anything

Maybe some kind of voodoo dance if it really needs it

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you are loving stupid dude, peace.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

lomarf

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

TjyvTompa posted:

Actually he's right

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dodoman posted:

Actually he's right

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"the free market says it fixed the poop" doesn't make the poop stop being poop

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
powershell is the least bad shell but its still bad because it has posix syntax taint instead of just being csharp script

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

dehumanize and face to LTSB

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TjyvTompa posted:

sure hold on a sec while i install some rando software and use it to alter the registry to fix problems with an os i was dumb enough to install in the first place

lol at installing windows 10

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
my post was not a defense of windows 10, I think windows 10 sucks, but if you are forced to use it that program is just a UI for the registry keys where microsoft hid all the settings
you can use it, you can not use it, i dont give a gently caress, but the option is there

it's pretty symptomatic for the yospos hangarounds to react like this which is why i usually not post here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TjyvTompa posted:

my post was not a defense of windows 10, I think windows 10 sucks, but if you are forced to use it that program is just a UI for the registry keys where microsoft hid all the settings
you can use it, you can not use it, i dont give a gently caress, but the option is there

it's pretty symptomatic for the yospos hangarounds to react like this which is why i usually not post here

:laffo:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

yospos bithc

https://youtu.be/dPAZvxmLfcQ

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

"don't trust registry hacks"

"Abloo bloo bloo, yospos is so mean!! ":qq::qq::qq::qqsay:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TjyvTompa posted:

wish you would have stuck to that instinct

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
lol dont you guys seriously understand that people who read yospos think that the hangarounds are loving losers, I dont cry about yospos being mean, I whine about the hangarounds that never add anything to any conversation except for quoting with "laffo" or whatever
i am not afraid of someone who quotes me with emojis, im afraid of someone coming with actual arguments that makes sense and show that i am wrong, and thus far no one has showed up except for the guys who never add anything useful anyway

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sir this is a wendys drive through

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
windows 10 is good and I'm super excited for the fall update

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

TjyvTompa posted:

lol dont you guys seriously understand that people who read yospos think that the hangarounds are loving losers, I dont cry about yospos being mean, I whine about the hangarounds that never add anything to any conversation except for quoting with "laffo" or whatever
i am not afraid of someone who quotes me with emojis, im afraid of someone coming with actual arguments that makes sense and show that i am wrong, and thus far no one has showed up except for the guys who never add anything useful anyway

no, you came in here expecting praise and adulation for posting some lovely utility that messes around with undocumented settings and then got mad when the response was less than enthusiastic.

...you wrote that utility, didn't you?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Shaggar posted:

windows 10 is good and I'm super excited for the full release

I read it like this the first time and I like it a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TjyvTompa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5ueqXtc-k

ArmedZombie fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 6, 2017

• Locked thread