Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Which WR to drop so I can pick up an amazing QB for my amazing week 1 bye:

Amendola
Ted Ginn
Corey Coleman
Tyrell Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Suave Fedora posted:

Which WR to drop so I can pick up an amazing QB for my amazing week 1 bye:

Amendola
Ted Ginn
Corey Coleman
Tyrell Williams

I'm feeling Amendola. But you can't just drop him, you have to set him down gently or he might break.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

on the bored wop posted:

I'm feeling Amendola. But you can't just drop him, you have to set him down gently or he might break.

FantasyPros week1 rankings agree with you.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Matt Breida and D'Onta Foreman have more upside as a lotto ticket than Rex imo. At least in those backfields, an injury to the starter would leave a semblance of clarity. For a bye-week guy, I'd rather have Vereen

Yup. The Burkhead hype train is nuts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Dion Lewis is the best Patriots lottery ticket because he will be loving electric if he returns to 2015 form and he looks healthy (also is top of the depth chart). Burkhead and Gillislee were both signed because Patriots had the money and are probably better than James White. Bill does not give a poo poo what he paid for someone, just who is better in that exact minute.

True. Honestly Burkhead is the first person I'll drop if something else comes up. For Burkhead to be relevant...

Mike Gillislee has to do nothing.
James White has to do nothing.
Dion Lewis has to do nothing.
Bill has to be consistent.

For Smallwood/Breida/Foreman to be relevant...

Blount/Hyde/Miller have to suck.

Seems pretty logical.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Big money draft. 12 teams, 2RB/2WR/2FLX, 0.5 PPR, 1 point per 50 return yards. Thoughts/draft grade?

QB: Wilson ($9)
RB: Bell ($80), Mixon ($14), Powell ($12), Gore ($6), Riddick ($4), Burkhead ($2)
WR: Crabtree ($17), Fitzgerald ($16), Crowder ($9), Garcon ($8), Moncrief ($2)
TE: Olsen ($16)

Didn't mean to get Mixon, but got caught bidding a bot up when the owner reconnected. Whoops. Still think he's a high upside pick though, and I have Powell and Gore to start early in the season. Would have liked a better WR1 than Crabtree, but everyone was overspending on them and I didn't have much cash after getting Bell.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 6, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I mean, Bill has already given Lewis the role change we all dream of for a lottery ticket and he killed it. He also didn't cut him after the ACL tear, and is carrying him on the active roster and listing him top of the depth chart.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For Smallwood/Breida/Foreman to be relevant...
How would you rank those three? In addition to Blount, they're all available.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

No idea why there's any semblance of hype for a Patriots RB. Bill Belichick is largely responsible for the miniscule probability of getting the perfect roster in DFS. Anyone grabbing a Patriots RB should be keeping them on their bench for a few weeks at least. Even then it's a huge gamble if your RB is going to be the chosen one when you finally do start him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Dion rules.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gearman posted:

No idea why there's any semblance of hype for a Patriots RB. Bill Belichick is largely responsible for the miniscule probability of getting the perfect roster in DFS. Anyone grabbing a Patriots RB should be keeping them on their bench for a few weeks at least. Even then it's a huge gamble if your RB is going to be the chosen one when you finally do start him.

There shouldn't be. I'm just trying to lay out the argument that Dion Lewis is by far the best lottery ticket on the offense if you want to hold one.

Also they signed Gillislee after Burkhead, in case you wanted to know how much faith they have in him.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 6, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
IB4Burkhead is the new Bolden in the patriots system but with a few extra carries here and there and with occasional snaps at slot receiver. BB always did love his ST players.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I honestly think Burkhead qualified as "Technically a RB" for Belichick so he signed him, Gillislee and Lewis split duties as long as both can stay healthy.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There shouldn't be. I'm just trying to lay out the argument that Dion Lewis is by far the best lottery ticket on the offense if you want to hold one.

Also they signed Gillislee after Burkhead, in case you wanted to know how much faith they have in him.

Definitely agree on Lewis. I picked him up in like the 13th round in a league FULL of Patriots homers. I actually consider that kind of a steal.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I am for the Dion Lewis hype train tbh.

My O/U on the number of times Lewis posts top-20 PPR numbers while also being top-30 in sit/start rankings this year is 2.5, and most of the over is the chance of James White getting hurt.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently Yahoo thinks my team is going to be the absolute worst in my work league. 8 team, 0 PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK. The report card literally told me that I need more dedication to the draft, that my record will be 3-11, and that I should have autodrafted.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: LeSean McCoy, Melvin Gordon, Todd Gurley, Ameer Abdullah
WR: TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Alshon Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs
TE: Tyler Eifert
DST: Steelers
PK: McManus

Thanks Yahoo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Dion Lewis is dope, just sucks he keeps getting injured.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Beersheets 9/6/2017 Update: Find the autodraft button. Click it. Send me a donation if this helped.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently Yahoo thinks my team is going to be the absolute worst in my work league. 8 team, 0 PPR, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK. The report card literally told me that I need more dedication to the draft, that my record will be 3-11, and that I should have autodrafted.

WR: TY Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Alshon Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs

Thanks Yahoo.

I think I like yours better than mine. 8 team, 6pt PaTD, -3 int, 0 PPR, 1 each QB, RB, WR, TE, and 3 flex.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Carlos Hyde, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Bilal Powell, Rob Kelley, Doug Martin
WR: Odell Beckham, TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Eric Ebron (lol, last TE picked)

Yahoo thinks I'm going to win 2 games :) Saving grace is QBs score a lot and Rodgers was like 5th or 6th most valuable player per beersheets.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

on the bored wop posted:

As an eagles fan, I'd steer clear of Smallwood. He's not without talent but I see him as a JAG. It's more likely the eagles backfield is bad for fantasy unless blount does ok.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I have Kamara as my RB stash-and-see but those Lewis clips :eyepop:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

I think I like yours better than mine. 8 team, 6pt PaTD, -3 int, 0 PPR, 1 each QB, RB, WR, TE, and 3 flex.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Carlos Hyde, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Bilal Powell, Rob Kelley, Doug Martin
WR: Odell Beckham, TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Eric Ebron (lol, last TE picked)

Yahoo thinks I'm going to win 2 games :) Saving grace is QBs score a lot and Rodgers was like 5th or 6th most valuable player per beersheets.

The combination of high passing TD and interception puts a permium on elite QBs, so I would definitely consider Rodgers to be a viable early pick. There's lot of risk but tons of upside.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popero posted:

I have Kamara as my RB stash-and-see but those Lewis clips :eyepop:

I had Lewis for a few weeks last year but never knew when to play him. I guess that's the story of the Pats, eh?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

on the bored wop posted:

I would probably just flip a coin. At this point it's all guesswork.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Second pick in 10 man PPR. My third and probably best team of the year.

The second defense was my last pick and I'm only using Rams week 1 because I expect they'll ruin Scott Tolzien.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

I need to drop two players off this roster in order to pick up a Tight End and a Kicker. Which two do I drop? Non-ppr

I should drop Ginn over Hogan? Even with Snead suspended for 5 games?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's 3 games, and yes i'd agree with him to drop Ginn over Hogan. At least Hogan won't drop half his catchable TD bombs.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

VietCampo posted:

It's 3 games, and yes i'd agree with him to drop Ginn over Hogan. At least Hogan won't drop half his catchable TD bombs.

Hasn't Ginn had a strangely productive time in NO?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I am for the Dion Lewis hype train tbh.

My O/U on the number of times Lewis posts top-20 PPR numbers while also being top-30 in sit/start rankings this year is 2.5, and most of the over is the chance of James White getting hurt.

I'm surprised you're not beating the Mike Gillislee drum harder this year given that we thought your website was a viral marketing attempt to get him a better contract lol

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hasn't Ginn had a strangely productive time in NO?

Eh, a lot of preseason hype mostly, but i haven't bought into it as much as others. He was listed as the WR2 ahead of Snead and played with the 1st team more also. But it's very highly likely that the Saints were doing that because they already knew about Snead's suspension early on. He's still stonehanded and will be an inconsistent Flex at best imo.

I'd still grab him in the late rounds, but i'd defo keep Hogan over him if it came down to that choice for me.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm surprised you're not beating the Mike Gillislee drum harder this year given that we thought your website was a viral marketing attempt to get him a better contract lol

Oh don't get me wrong, Gillislee has been a Ground Control darling since he was with the Dolphins, and he looked better than ever last year (though on limited touches):

But here's what I said about "possible game-breaking talents" way back in February 2016, when first launching the project:

So far that's only 1 of 3 but hey there's still time for Rawls and Lewis!

edit: I was mistaken, Ground Control was not around when Gilly was with the Dolphins.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Snead plays in the slot, right? So it's not really the same position as Ginn, and his suspension might not increase Ginn's share as much as one might expect. Looking at snap counts last year, Cooks and Thomas were both at 76% and Snead was at 64%. So they play a lot of 3 WR, and Snead only averaged 7.6 ppg in standard, even playing that many snaps.

I like Ginn in general since the New Orleans passing offense is prolific and can support him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I should drop Ginn over Hogan? Even with Snead suspended for 5 games?

You already have Michael Thomas. Kinda redundant to roster Ginn too imo.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Well the hurricane is wrecking my week 1. I've replaced Jameis with Andy Dalton, and need to replace Mike Evans with...one of these upstanding individuals.

0.5 PPR. Halp. Leaning Coleman for the upside, which I guess I really need with no Jameis/Evans?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Just pick up Paul Richardson and thank me later

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Suave Fedora posted:

Ugh

:siren: #IRMAGERD :siren:

Well, there's goes my QB I guess. I'm in a ten team 0PPR standard scoring. Should I start Palmer or Cousins instead? (Another guy owes me a favour so he said he'd lend me Cousins if needed)

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Got offered Hunter Henry + Devante Parker for Jimmy Graham in 14 team 0 ppr. Really considering this one since I'm mad thin at WR -- I have Crabtree, DJax, Coleman, Kupp, and Richardson rostered. Thoughts?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Well, there's goes my QB I guess. I'm in a ten team 0PPR standard scoring. Should I start Palmer or Cousins instead? (Another guy owes me a favour so he said he'd lend me Cousins if needed)

Uh lending you Cousins in return as a favor is pretty much collusion.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Enemu posted:

Got offered Hunter Henry + Devante Parker for Jimmy Graham in 14 team 0 ppr. Really considering this one since I'm mad thin at WR -- I have Crabtree, DJax, Coleman, Kupp, and Richardson rostered. Thoughts?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks Yahoo.

this is a yahoo 1 PPR 14 team league. here's the best graded team in the league with an A+

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Golden Tate
WR DeSean Jackson
RB Devonta Freeman
RB LeGarrette Blount
TE Rob Gronkowski
W/R/T Theo Riddick
Bench: Jason Witten. Duke Johnson Jr., Robby Anderson, Tyrod Taylor, Dion Lewis, Malcolm Mitchell

this is my team graded worst in the league with a C

QB Philip Rivers
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Jarvis Landry
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Christian McCaffrey
TE Tyler Eifert
W/R/T Frank Gore
Bench: Ted Ginn Jr., Jacquizz Rodgers, Cole Beasley, Danny Amendola, Alvin Kamara, Evan Engram

quote:

Draft Summary
The late Maya Angelou once said the greatest gift you can give yourself is forgiveness. You should consider taking that advice to heart after yielding a projected finish of 14th (0-13-0 1,929 points) despite drafting in the 9 slot. They went after the diva position early, using three of their first five selections on WRs Michael Crabtree (third round), Kelvin Benjamin (fourth round), and Jarvis Landry (fifth round). They ultimately have one of the best RB duos in the league, as they added LeSean McCoy and Christian McCaffrey to the team.

tl:dr go gently caress yourself yahoo

• Locked thread