Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

Thank you note from Kim Jong Un to the media, the snowflakes, and the beautiful people of Hollywood for weakening his enemy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I don't know, this is way more offensive to me than that branco.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Stupid sexy Trump

I give this one 4 out of 5 Brancos. And two Horseys.

Learn how to loving draw rooms lol

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

People are going to die, rear end in a top hat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kelly managed to put more character development into his parody family in one summer than Mallard Fillmore has had in his entire comic strip.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

seiferguy posted:

Kelly managed to put more character development into his parody family in one summer than Mallard Fillmore has had in his entire comic strip.

Kelly is not a parody, he's a national treasure :colbert:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

this one goes beyond normal levels of Kirschen ugh because it's reminding me that when Trump eventually leaves office the rallying cry will be 'well, he WOULD have gotten a lot done if it wasn't for all the obstructionary snowflakes'

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

Do you really want to go down the road of equating beating up nazis with hating America? Maybe wanna think that through a little?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dammit, Trump always ruins conga night :mad:

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this one goes beyond normal levels of Kirschen ugh because it's reminding me that when Trump eventually leaves office the rallying cry will be 'well, he WOULD have gotten a lot done if it wasn't for all the obstructionary snowflakes'

Also that cartoon is getting uncomfortably close to Dolchstoße territory.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

I feel like there's room for a Most overt Fascist category in the Gay Abortions this year.
Though Branco might run away with it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

In which an Anti-Fascist happily accepts an offering of fascism. Perfect.

I'm not surprised Branco's outright insisting that antifascists are more like Nazis than actual loving Nazis. Gotta take eyes off those Nazis somehow.
Branco manages to be more vile than Garrison every time.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
As gently caress Branco's work is the political cartoon equivalent of being punched in the face. It's so genuine in it's ingenuousness.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Davis and the Brexit process – David Davis revealed surprisingly little that was new about the Brexit proces in his statement and claimed that no one ever said it would be easy"

Bonus! Tribune magazine:

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Duchess wins damages over topless photos

Evening Standard:

Leaked document reveals UK Brexit plan to deter EU immigrants

Mail:
Mac on... Kate's pregnancy

'Yes, your Royal Highness. One man's cracked it. A new guaranteed miracle cure!... Side effects?... Hang on, I'll ask him...'

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

sheep-dodger posted:

I feel like there's room for a Most overt Fascist category in the Gay Abortions this year.
Though Branco might run away with it.
Already added a 'nazi apologist' to the repository. Feeling to lazy to link to it at moment but click the ? Under my name and you'll be able to find a link.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I really want to get these "fighting fascism is the real fascism!" people in the same room as some WWII vets.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Help I can't figure out who the real fascists are, the guys flying the nazi flag, or the guys fighting them.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

World Famous W posted:

Already added a 'nazi apologist' to the repository. Feeling to lazy to link to it at moment but click the ? Under my name and you'll be able to find a link.

I have the repository open in another tab and add stuff to my nominations post every time I see something particularly eggregious, just didn't see the new category because I only looked at the end of the list :downs:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You ever consider maybe Frodo was the bad guy?

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Name the time and place old man.

This isn't too bad for jrrose.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You ever consider maybe Frodo was the bad guy?

yes.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Gazpacho posted:

Perhaps the NAACP ... are today's KKK.

*heads to drawing board*

Not exactly saying the NAACP is today's KKK but close enough.

Keiya posted:

I really want to get these "fighting fascism is the real fascism!" people in the same room as some WWII vets.

That would make an excellent segment for a show like Last Week Tonight.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 7, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Keiya posted:

The problem is that they don't think they're fighting fascism. All these people have fully bought into the narrative that the antifa are actually beating up innocent conservative Americans who are just exercising their freedom of speech. (please ignore the actual literal nazis that these innocent conservatives are passively enabling at best)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

congratulations, this is the first political cartoon that made me want to scream loud at it

Branco really deserves some kind of prize

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Is there a talking point I'm missing here other than "children of immigrants are literal vermin"?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm confused on what Trump is contributing.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
America is racist towards frogs and therefore forcing frogs to be Americans is cruelty agc

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Noted felon Dinesh D'Souza posted Branco's latest opus.

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/905445793166917633

Branco RTd it, and is of course, defending it in the dumbest way possible.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Noted felon Dinesh D'Souza posted Branco's latest opus.

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/905445793166917633

Branco RTd it, and is of course, defending it in the dumbest way possible.

i'd like to test the 'inimitable' descriptor by dustin' off the ol' parody chops and doing a fake Branco, but he is just so loving bad at drawing that I couldn't possibly shut my brain enough to stoop to his level.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pants Donkey posted:

SPEAKING OF WHICH

I first read that left hand labeled as "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" out of sheer habit.

... it didn't change.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

New America Foundation

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What the Hell...?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

It'd also make patrolling the Mojave a lot easier.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

SexyBlindfold posted:

i'd like to test the 'inimitable' descriptor by dustin' off the ol' parody chops and doing a fake Branco, but he is just so loving bad at drawing that I couldn't possibly shut my brain enough to stoop to his level.
It's OK, I got ya covered

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a talking point I'm missing here other than "children of immigrants are literal vermin"?

Ugh, kind of, but at the same time not really. I think the comic is meant to be interpreted something like this:

- DACA children are frogs (Mexicans)
- Obama tried to wave a magic wand to make these frogs (Mexicans) into princes/princesses (American citizens)
- This is obviously frivolous fairy tales
- Straight Shootin' Trump points out that it's cruel to a frog (Mexican) to pretend you could ever turn it into a prince/princess (American citizen).

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The comic can be interpreted as such:

Mike Lester is a racist domestic abuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Avirosb posted:

Hitler loving loved America.

No he didn't. And if that link wasn't good enough, here's a 700 page book by a Columbia professor that explains it all at length.

He loved American racism, not America itself.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 7, 2017

• Locked thread