Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011

Humerus posted:

Just bought a whole bunch of USB C stuff made by Anker, 3 USB A to C cables, one C to C, a car charger, and a desk charging brick with one C port and four A ports. I've had my Nexus 6P since release and never felt like a needed extra cables or anything, but I've wanted some and I should be set now, at least until more stuff starts using USB C (but then my computer has no USB C ports anyway).

You all know what cables look like, it's not that exciting. This thing is smaller than I expected though, like credit card sized. I used some velcro to mount it to my wall behind my desk.

Anyway it's great timing to buy all this USB C stuff because...I'm getting a free upgrade from my Nexus to a Pixel XL. The 6P has a known battery issue so in lieu of replacing it with another 6P, for some reason, Google is replacing it with the Pixel XL. I guess they're out of 6P stock. So I also bought a case for my new Pixel XL, a Spigen clear TPU.

Some people said it discolors after about a year but for $12 I'll just buy a new one if/when it happens. Pretty excited about this, I was planning to keep my refurb 6P for another few months and buy a Pixel 2, but now I can hold out for the Pixel 3.

I have that same case and it discolored super fast. Although my work may have something to do with it(handling metal, industrial equipment, and oils) but it started to turn yellow within 2 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

AnimalChin posted:

I'm genuinely curious. After you round and smooth a bunch of rocks, what do you do with them?

https://imgur.com/a/w8mzu

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh my god I knew it was gonna be jackoff guy.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I hope he's gotten through all the flooding.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Sick of listening to the crappy mono speaker in the back of my TV I bought a sound bar. Not top of the line at $119 but it has improved the quality of music and movies considerably.

Philips HTL1180B is the model. Picture is not really exciting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought, consumed and regretted a bag of chicken n waffle chips and three beers.
It was my dinner.
My life is spiraling out of control.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Good Dog posted:

How do I go about replacing my 6P? I've filled out that class action suit that came up a few months ago but haven't heard anything since. I did buy my phone from google play store when it first came out.

Digital Jedi posted:

I just replaced mine about 3 weeks ago. Just go through their support and tell them about the battery issue. Took me all of 20 minutes and got the phone in another week. Even with my warranty expired over a year ago they still sent me one. And so far this one is working fine

Yeah, you gotta call though. I emailed first and that was totally useless. For what is clearly a hardware issue (a well known one at that) they were suggesting all the usual battery saving tips like "clear out background apps" and "turn off bluetooth and GPS when not in use." Call them, tell them you've done all the recommended steps, and they'll replace it out of warranty.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

schreibs posted:

Buy? Hell no. But if you live in Maryland and want to learn to rock climb I can give you one of my guest passes to Earth Treks and teach you. Always looking for climbing buddies.

I live in Maryland (Arnold) and would like to learn to rock climb if this is a somewhat-open invitation. :shobon:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
It's finally September, so got a case of Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

Mmm.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Humerus posted:

Just bought a whole bunch of USB C stuff made by Anker, 3 USB A to C cables, one C to C, a car charger, and a desk charging brick with one C port and four A ports. I've had my Nexus 6P since release and never felt like a needed extra cables or anything, but I've wanted some and I should be set now, at least until more stuff starts using USB C (but then my computer has no USB C ports anyway).

You all know what cables look like, it's not that exciting. This thing is smaller than I expected though, like credit card sized. I used some velcro to mount it to my wall behind my desk.

Anyway it's great timing to buy all this USB C stuff because...I'm getting a free upgrade from my Nexus to a Pixel XL. The 6P has a known battery issue so in lieu of replacing it with another 6P, for some reason, Google is replacing it with the Pixel XL. I guess they're out of 6P stock. So I also bought a case for my new Pixel XL, a Spigen clear TPU.

Some people said it discolors after about a year but for $12 I'll just buy a new one if/when it happens. Pretty excited about this, I was planning to keep my refurb 6P for another few months and buy a Pixel 2, but now I can hold out for the Pixel 3.

This is the powering down early issue yeah? time to get mine replaced!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Now I have all four models: this one, the Mr. Fusion w/folding wheels, the 50s one with the whitewalls, and the 1885 one with train wheels.

Also:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

AnimalChin posted:

I'm genuinely curious. After you round and smooth a bunch of rocks, what do you do with them?

Turn them into various jewelry parts. I'm still practicing with the drill press. I've also taken a few to work to decorate the staff areas.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

FirstPlayer posted:

I live in Maryland (Arnold) and would like to learn to rock climb if this is a somewhat-open invitation. :shobon:

You're probably closer to the Earth Treks in Columbia but if anyone wants to organize a goon meetup at the Rockville Earth Treks I'm down. You guys should really join the slack channel from the D.C. thread because we do stuff quite often.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Cross-posting from the Ali Express thread in GBS, I got this patch:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mot...2677398391.html

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mister Kingdom posted:

Now I have all four models: this one, the Mr. Fusion w/folding wheels, the 50s one with the whitewalls, and the 1885 one with train wheels.

Also:

You have good taste

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

cyberia posted:

Cross-posting from the Ali Express thread in GBS, I got this patch:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mot...2677398391.html

I'm getting a 404 already!

I got some knives, was inspired by a switchblade a few pages back and got me one from Infinity at a gun show. $100, came with a second blade (neither has serration) and the outside of the knife is Cerakote so it's pretty durable. I was also inspired by the discussion around the switchblade and got some pepper spray because I also don't really want to defend myself with a pocket knife, nor am I particularly interested in stabbing anyone.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

davebo posted:

Are you already friends with all the other goons who live in Maryland and go to the Earth Treks in Rockville?

Is there a thread I am missing? I go there all the time. Never met any goons there (that I know of)!

Guess I gotta go ask about protection and stairs in houses and stuff.

edit: saw the new page reply, I'm down as well :)

schreibs has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Sep 7, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

schreibs posted:

Is there a thread I am missing? I go there all the time. Never met any goons there (that I know of)!

Guess I gotta go ask about protection and stairs in houses and stuff.

edit: saw the new page reply, I'm down as well :)

Just the normal Washington, D.C. thread in LAN I know Chami is there like twice a week. Just post about it or ask for an invite to the slack channel.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not sure if you're retarded or what

Picture didn't load the first time I saw the post. This is pretty rich coming from you, however.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Time to play videogames everywhere again.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I hate it when I think I'm in a different thread than I am. I stared at this pic for a good 30 seconds trying to figure out what was funny before I realized nope wrong thread.

On topic I ordered some touch up paint for my car. And a knockoff Nike band for my watch. Very exciting stuff.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Dinosaur Jr. "I Bet On Sky" LP

Mission of Burma "signals, calls, and marches" LP

NES style case for Raspberry Pi

2x SNES style USB controllers

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

overdesigned posted:

You're gonna love it :)

RFX
Nov 23, 2007

Ormy posted:

This is the powering down early issue yeah? time to get mine replaced!

I didn't realize others are having this issue! Do I just need to contact Google support? I never got anything about this class action.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

betterinsodapop posted:

NES style case for Raspberry Pi

How is the build / print quality on the NES?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

obi_ant posted:

How is the build / print quality on the NES?
This particular one doesn't seem printed (none of those 3D print "lines.") It's made of cheap crappy plastic, but it looks the part. Beware: it is deceptively small, and will easily fit in your hand.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

overdesigned posted:

Snagged one about two weeks ago too. poo poo's good man. It is great for all the flying for my work.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Get the Mario Rabbids game, it's legitimately great.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Get the Mario Rabbids game, it's legitimately great.

I would say hold off for a cheaper copy or one that includes the DLC. I really, really enjoyed it, but it probably isn't worth the $60 price tag as it is incredibly easy and I blew through it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

RFX posted:

I didn't realize others are having this issue! Do I just need to contact Google support? I never got anything about this class action.

Contact google. You can use the support function of your "settings" app on your phone. Either via live chat or phone, it takes about 15min and is zero trouble. They don't put up a fight or anything, just need the ID #s from your phone.

I went from a 64gb Nexus 6p to a 128gb Google Pixel. Only downside is my phone was gold and now its silver, but I have a case so I never got to really see the gold anyways.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

RFX posted:

I don't know about the lawsuit, but my 6P had the same problem and I reached out through their chat system accessed through the phone's settings. It's enough of an issue that I barely had to describe what was wrong for them to send me a new phone. Unfortunately what they did they send me was another 6P which also has the same problem :saddowns: so get a Pixel if you have the option. At this point I'm just going to wait out the month or so until the Pixel 2 comes out.

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Sep 8, 2017

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
shoes

shoes

and a new drivers license

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

overdesigned posted:

Enjoy all three games

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Enjoy all three games

Can somebody buy this guy a one way ticket to Florida or something?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bought this to clean up my Harvey flooded car ;(

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Your insurance company isn't junking it? Floodwater is awful, and I can't imagine you'll be able to get the smell out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nephzinho posted:

Can somebody buy this guy a one way ticket to Florida or something?

He's right this time.