Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

World's biggest dickhead is selling world's rarest Wu-Tang album

Wu-Tang have a little more than a week to pull off their caper or he'll get paid :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

greazeball posted:

Wu-Tang have a little more than a week to pull off their caper or he'll get paid :(

Man, I hope this convinces them to announce a wide release of the album. The bid for it is already over $1mil.:(

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

mobby_6kl posted:

True story, I ran over my foot with my own car when I needed to push it like a meter without starting it. My right foot was further back for bracing and I just ran it over with the rear wheel once I got the car moving. It only hurt a bit for like a minute, but still, I'm the idiot.

Call that the Tony B Special

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

greazeball posted:

So not only do Wu-Tang have the right to organize a heist or caper, the album cannot be "commercially exploited" until 2103. Hopefully they just take it off him in court.

https://twitter.com/eastwes/status/674628837481820160

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Jesus I had heart palpitations looking at that. In the context of this thread, I was expecting her vertebrae to explode and take someone's eye out.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Wasn't that Wu Tang contract thing fake?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
he's also trying to make us the bad guys.

quote:

"I decided to purchase this album as a gift to the Wu-Tang Clan for their tremendous musical output. Instead I received scorn from at least one of their (least-intelligent) members, and the world at large failed to see my purpose of putting a serious value behind music.

"I will be curious to see if the world values music nearly as much as I have. I have donated to many rock bands and rappers over the years to ensure they can continue to produce their art when few others would.

"At any time I may cancel this sale and I may even break this album in frustration. I will donate half of the sale proceeds to medical research. I am not selling to raise cash - my companies and I have record amounts of cash on hand. I hope someone with a bigger heart for music can be found for this one-of-a-kind piece and makes it available for the world to hear."

He added: "Upon sale, I will represent & warranty any copies of the music I have will be destroyed. I have not carefully listened to the album, which is a double CD. There is also a finely crafted booklet which you can read about elsewhere. I will pay legal expenses for the buyer up to $25,000 to ensure the final purchase details are mutually agreeable."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In irish blue is "gorm" and black is "dubh" but black people are "[people] gorm"

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/905785496684683264

Also their translation is impossibly bad and incorrect that aside

Lives (as in where you live not life)

Black people instead of blue

the noun for subject instead of verb matter

Also their word ordering is wrong because in Irish verbs come first.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

EmmyOk posted:

In irish blue is "gorm" and black is "dubh" but black people are "[people] gorm"

Peak freude would be him wearing that shirt in Irish Republican territory.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Pingiivi posted:

Wasn't that Wu Tang contract thing fake?

yes, extremely

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

greazeball posted:

Somebody needs to run over him with a truck.

I'll do it for free.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Somebody needs to run over him with a truck.

I'll do it for free.

Hey now. Wu Tang album owner ain't nuthin to truck with.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The ultimate schdenfreude with Shkreli is that the only reason he's facing charges is because he screwed over other rich people.

He's in trouble for the one and singular thing about him that can be considered half-way decent.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

EmmyOk posted:

Man, even a Google translation of the phrase comes up with "Blue living material". Did this guy just not do any QA on this shirt at all?

He's also wearing a kilt with that shirt. I've always enjoyed the kilt-and-Tshirt look, and the bad Irish on it just makes it better.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey now. Wu Tang album owner ain't nuthin to truck with.

Well played you terrible motherfucker.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Mu Zeta posted:

Yes. He left the cream on for 15 minutes and he said it felt like chemical burning.

Thank God. I literally didn't watch this because I assumed he blew chunks of flesh off with a power washer.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/_grendan/status/905844826771476480p

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

minato posted:

Jesus I had heart palpitations looking at that. In the context of this thread, I was expecting her vertebrae to explode and take someone's eye out.

Steroids are a hell of a drug.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

EmmyOk posted:

So they're basically called blue people in Irish? That's weird.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

greazeball posted:

He also has the Carter V, which I'm pretty sure would make him a poo poo ton of money as well.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

SiKboy posted:

Well played you terrible mothertrucker.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/YJsff6c.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/QZZYjBl.mp4

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Ah, it's so nice to legally open carry in Michigan, time to take a big sip of coffee and wander into this police station

https://twitter.com/C2Mhud/status/905781844167323648

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

minato posted:

Ah, it's so nice to legally open carry in Michigan, time to take a big sip of coffee and wander into this police station

They should have gotten off. They literally told the police they were going into the station right before this.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

mds2 posted:

They should have gotten off. They literally told the police they were going into the station right before this.

They were eventually convicted, but not for anything seen in that video. Instead, the prosecutors went through all of the footage and found these two fine upstanding citizens had 'illegally concealed' their weapons at some prior time. LOL.

I mean...it's perfectly obvious the prosecutor just wanted to find SOMETHING to nail these guys. But come on, going into a PD like that with a rolling camera is just trolling for a bad reaction. Hence the camera.
Just because you can doesn't mean it's a great idea.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TotalLossBrain posted:

They were eventually convicted, but not for anything seen in that video. Instead, the prosecutors went through all of the footage and found these two fine upstanding citizens had 'illegally concealed' their weapons at some prior time. LOL.

I mean...it's perfectly obvious the prosecutor just wanted to find SOMETHING to nail these guys. But come on, going into a PD like that with a rolling camera is just trolling for a bad reaction. Hence the camera.
Just because you can doesn't mean it's a great idea.

They got off easy. They could have been shot without a single cop getting looked at funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mds2 posted:

...source your quotes??

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I'm sure those gentlemen thought they were making some kind of point, but unless that point is "we're real loving stupid", then I have no idea what it was.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

minato posted:

Ah, it's so nice to leaglly open carry in Michigan, time to take a big sip of coffee and wander into this police station

Ftfy.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Strudel Man posted:

Color distinctions in language are somewhat arbitrary and change over time. Old Norse similarly had the word for African "blåmann", blue man (contrast with the Old Norse word for a dark-elf "svartálfr" (cognate "swarthy") or "myrkálfr" (cognate "murky")). At the time "blå" had a broader sense, and something similar may have happened in Irish.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Strudel Man posted:

"Black Man" already meant The Devil over there; they have a big tradition of naming people based on their hair color; light-skins get called "bright people". It's weird but when you think about it, not any weirder than casually reducing people to "white" or "black" when most of us are brown and pink brown.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

chitoryu12 posted:

They got off easy. They could have been shot without a single cop getting looked at funny.

The guy carrying a rifle slung across his body was also wearing a Balaclava. They wanted a reaction just so they could tell the cops that they were technically correct.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cobweb Heart posted:

"Black Man" already meant The Devil over there; they have a big tradition of naming people based on their hair color; light-skins get called "bright people". It's weird but when you think about it, not any weirder than casually reducing people to "white" or "black" when most of us are brown and pink brown.

lol if you aren't albino

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/Mf0AlcX.mp4

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think having guns out and legal is stupid.

But...if thats the law, and jts all good, why are the police freaking out. Either guns are harmless if secured properly or they are not and are a threat. If they are a threat then tbey ought be restricted. Boom i just won gun rights.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jastiger posted:

I think having guns out and legal is stupid.

But...if thats the law, and jts all good, why are the police freaking out. Either guns are harmless if secured properly or they are not and are a threat. If they are a threat then tbey ought be restricted. Boom i just won gun rights.

Dude a successful troll has to be way more subtle than this. You basically blew your load in your first sentence.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

Peak freude would be him wearing that shirt in Irish Republican territory.

#BlackAndTanLivesMatter

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I actually flinched as the rock was coming at the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

DiggityDoink posted:

I actually flinched as the rock was coming at the camera.