Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Didn't Ray do something on camera, like interviews and the update desk after the team ended?

He got knocked into a pool by Leslie Nielsen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Ray is also currently the french language commentator

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What are some of the best examples of cheating in matches? I've been watching Enzo cheat a bit on 205 and it has me a bit interested in if they've done anything particularly fun. Eddie Guerrero was known for cheating his rear end off right?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The Brian Kendrick did some excellent cheating in the CWC.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

tweet my meat posted:

What are some of the best examples of cheating in matches? I've been watching Enzo cheat a bit on 205 and it has me a bit interested in if they've done anything particularly fun. Eddie Guerrero was known for cheating his rear end off right?

Roddy Piper was the king, his eyepokes alone are the stuff true heeling is made of

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Eddie had a thing where he'd sneak a chair into the ring while the ref was distracted, make a noise with it, lay down and try to get the other guy DQed for using a chair. Greatest cheating I've ever seen

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Didn't Ray do something on camera, like interviews and the update desk after the team ended?

he did French commentary and is back in that role.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eddie untying his boots to let himself slip out of the Angle Lock is another good cheating (or at least unsportsmanlike) spot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tweet my meat posted:

There is a man known as YTR who can only cheat and spam roll ups.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

tweet my meat posted:

The most illegal move in the history of wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xIYVw3ZPJk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

Eddie had a thing where he'd sneak a chair into the ring while the ref was distracted, make a noise with it, lay down and try to get the other guy DQed for using a chair. Greatest cheating I've ever seen

Yeah I don't know if he created that, but when he did it the first time on TV it was amazing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

There is a man known as YTR who can only cheat and spam roll ups.

Maybe it's because I watch a YTR match every other solstice but I love that fat motherfucker spamming dick punches.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheCool69 posted:

Earlier talk about Megapowers lead me to Youtube rabbit hole of watching Randys best coked up promos (I HATE YOUR GUTS!) and that got me wondering

1. What are considered Savages best promos? And how is he viewed as a promo guy?

2. What are the considered the best promos were the intensity is very High (due coke or rage). And i mean face red spitting some real poo poo!

And to top it of here is picture of coke Randy at his peak

The I Hate Your Guts promo may be the best wrestling promo ever.

I have a huge soft spot for this promo from Slaughter even though the crowd noise is obviously sweetened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1DuGBF6kWI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dias posted:

Maybe it's because I watch a YTR match every other solstice but I love that fat motherfucker spamming dick punches.

This latest G1 where Tama Tonga tried to keep up with his cheating and it all backfired spectacularly on him was beautiful.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Nystral posted:

Was Raymond Rougeau significantly older then Jacques? IIRC once the team ended he disappeared from WWF tv while Jacques continued in various roles.

I think Ray was actually there much more consistently than Jacques was. After the Rougeaus stopped teaming, Ray worked for them until at least 1997 or something doing french commentary and live event coverage for the Canadian syndicated shows. Jacques disappeared for a bit after they broke up, came back for about a year as the Mountie, disappeared, came back for about a year as a Quebecer, and that was it until a brief Quebecers return in 98.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

tweet my meat posted:

One of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkC44Lk5S2w&t=330s

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Toru Yano (aka YTR) is probably my favorite "fun" cheater in current wrestling. He doesn't resort to cheating as a last-ditch effort to win, his entire fighting style is based on cheating. Part of the fun of his matches is watching his opponents try to either counter his style, or embrace it and out-cheat him. I was happy anytime I came to a YTR match in the G1, because I knew I'd get something short and funny.

I feel like Ric Flair is a great example of someone going from dastardly cheater to 'fun' cheater. 'The Dirtiest Player in the Game' is usually said with a lot of love.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

This latest G1 where Tama Tonga tried to keep up with his cheating and it all backfired spectacularly on him was beautiful.

I watched YTR/Okada and Okada going WHAT THE gently caress PLEASE JUST WRESTLE was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dias posted:

I watched YTR/Okada and Okada going WHAT THE gently caress PLEASE JUST WRESTLE was great.

Yano's :shrug: at the end of that match to contrast Okada's triumphant Rainmaker pose was the best.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
One of the best Savage promos remains "The cream rises to the top"

Especially because it revealed that Randy was literally a magician.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Man, that Eddie Guerrero chair trick is a thing of beauty. The whole sequence where he whipped his opponent into the referee, knocking the ref out temporarily and Eddie getting that big grin on his face since he knew he had a window to pull some mischief as the crowd went wild was so perfect. I can see why he was such a legend.

I've been watching some of Regal's stuff and he's pretty drat great at it too. I love that tag match with kurt angle with him acting mock offended as the referee frisks him for weapons immediately followed by Angle slipping him his signature brass knuckles.

I need to watch some of the classic Flair stuff and check out YTR now.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Brass knuckles in the tights is insult to injury, because you're getting knocked out with taint stank.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The Eddie chair trick is stolen from someone in Japan, I remember it being a move in the old Fire Pro games.

YTR matches will always include the following three things: he will take off the turnbuckle pad, he will try and sell you his DVD, and he will hit you in the balls and roll you up. He may not be successful in all of these endeavors, but dammit YTR will try.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
he will also stick himself between the ropes and yell BREAK over and over anytime his opponent advances on him

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

checksin posted:

he will also stick himself between the ropes and yell BREAK over and over anytime his opponent advances on him

Hahahahaha, it isn't really relevant to the discussion of cheating but I really love how vocal (and LOUD) YTR gets. He spends pretty much the entirety of every match yelling at his opponent or to the crowd

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

The Eddie chair trick is stolen from someone in Japan, I remember it being a move in the old Fire Pro games.

I don't have a timeline on who did it, but I believe that move belonged to the Florida Brothers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shiksa posted:

so, what are some matches with nonsense stipulations that actually end up being pretty good?
kyle oreilly vs adam cole, hybrid fighting rules match from 2012

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

The afore-mentioned chair spot aside, my favourite Eddie bit was in tag matches, the ref would warn Eddie that he needs to be holding the tag rope to make a tag... so Eddie would unfasten the tag rope and either just hold it or tie it to the top rope and just wander the whole length of the apron.

Stale Saltines posted:

Trying to trap Ibushi in the turnbuckle so he got counted out and kicking the Brazillian dude with the braces into the rope, mouth-first were both unique and memorable.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dias posted:

Got something I can search to find this match? I know basically nothing about Japanese wrestling outside of gifs, Omega/Haruka, and the first Okada/Omega, but a funny match like this sounds like just what I want to see right now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ShootaBoy posted:

Got something I can search to find this match? I know basically nothing about Japanese wrestling outside of gifs, Omega/Haruka, and the first Okada/Omega, but a funny match like this sounds like just what I want to see right now.

It's their match from this year's G1. Basically an annoyed Okada trying to stop YTR's cheating to hit his goddamn stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just the level of callbacks/references throughout Yano's most recent G1 were amazing. I loved his match against SANADA, especially AFTER the match was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXxMDhztV0

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm sure I said this in the NJPW thread too, but I want a storyline where Yano is trying to discover the secrets of the paradise lock from SANADA. For SANADA, it's a way to make his opponent look foolish and set up a kick to the rear end, but I'm sure Yano salivates at the idea of a completely unprotected and immobile opponent. Just think of all the turnbuckles you could untie! You could shill your DVD completely unmolested! They're in perfect position for a low-blow!

I guess NJPW doesn't really do vignettes but Yano in a low-budget disguise trying to buy the formula for the paradise lock would crack me up.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

I guess NJPW doesn't really do vignettes but Yano in a low-budget disguise trying to buy the formula for the paradise lock would crack me up.

He should find Milano Collective A.T meditating under a waterfall and beg for his training

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

if you want a funny match then Kenny Omega vs Toru Yano was the comedy highlight of the G1.

I think Yano vs. the Los Ingobernables de Japon guys matches are good follow ups because they're both sub five minutes and good for seeing them just not having any of Yano's poo poo after seeing Omega indulge him for ten minutes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

if you want a funny match then Kenny Omega vs Toru Yano was the comedy highlight of the G1.

I think Yano vs. the Los Ingobernables de Japon guys matches are good follow ups because they're both sub five minutes and good for seeing them just not having any of Yano's poo poo after seeing Omega indulge him for ten minutes.
Let's not forget Yano vs. Tama Tonga with Tama trying to out-cheat YTR.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Milano Collective A.T
:ussr:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Stale Saltines posted:

Agreed. Made him stand out and look good among some of the best indie talent.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Instead of doing what I was wanting to do tonight, I binged on a bunch of Toru Yano matches. Goddamn you guys weren't kidding about his stuff being great. Haven't laughed this hard in a good while.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
He's like Japanese Wrestling Chris Farley.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Agreed. Made him stand out and look good among some of the best indie talent.

Yeah I think he did a nice mix of unique, sneaky offense and actual cheating. It made him look innovative, and gave us some cool spots that were technically legal but scummy enough that you knew he was a heel. Like, I'm not sure that there's a rule against trapping a man in the ring apron and then beating his rear end, but it's certainly not very sportsmanlike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember shortly after he won the Cruiserweight Title doing guest commentary and going,"This is great, I'm gonna be rich again!" and immediately reverting back to his old cocky THE Brian Kendrick character from waaaaaay back in the day. I thought that was great but he lost the title again pretty soon afterwards which kinda nipped that whole thing in the bud.